Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276064 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ainkay: 8:28am On Jan 26, 2007
@funkybaby
Lovely to read your helpful post.
I will be waiting for your reply about the link.
Sincere regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2007
@ funkybaby,
You are as well good to go on Immigration advice here. wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2007
@ mrpataki

lol. thanks for the compliment. maybe i should start charging 750 pounds per case grin. if i charge for handling the case of myn sister, muyiwabank and ainkay, maybe i will have enough money to buy my boyfriend a patek phillipe wristwatch as a valentine gift wink
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 1:59pm On Jan 26, 2007
@funkybaby,

Let me get the visa first, you will then send me your account number and i will credit you!

All thesame you are well appreciated
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 2:21pm On Jan 26, 2007
@ainkay

http://www.ait.gov.uk/Public/Upload/j1948/00086_ukait_2006_rp_nigeria.doc

read this link. if possible, print it out. it concerns a case of forgery as well but slightly different circumstances from yours. the major thing is that it states the laws regarding dealing with alleged forgery cases and how to go about proving your innocence to the judge. the judge makes sure that he gives his decision based on what is in the immigration law. just take your time and read it. am sure it will be helpful. feel free to ask more questions.

@muyiwabank

ok o ! i will intensify my prayers for you. have you gone to the embassy yet?? make sure that while going you take copies of the appeal determination with you. make sure you leave a copy with them and go there everyday of the week throughout next week. i have told you that this is what my boyfriend did. he missed septembers enrollment and almost missed january as well. has the school emailed them yet? feb. 9 is drawing real close or are you no longer interested in studying in the uk??
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 3:10pm On Jan 26, 2007
@funkybaby,

Please start your prayers for me now.

i have not been there but i plan to do that next week.

i am interested in studying in the uk my sister and the school informed me that my late enrolment letter has been faxed to the BHC
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2007
@Funky

Thanks very much for the link.

I found the determination by the AIT most enlightening.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 12:19am On Jan 27, 2007
@ VOR
kó tópé. I hope i got that right in yoruba. Anyway, you're Welcome. When i am less busy,i'll search for some more and paste the links here.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2007
@ funkybaby,
Thanx for the link. Was useful to a puzzle I have on my hands at the moment.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 4:07am On Jan 28, 2007
Wow, what an insightful thread.

Slight point of correction[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000], after an appeal, both parties ONLY have FIVE days from deemed receipt of determination, to seek a review of the Tribunal's decision on the ground of an error of law, EXCEPT where the APPELLANT is outside the UK, in which case only any application by the APPELLANT must be made within 28 days i.e the ECO (Respondent) still only has five days.

@Muyiwabank
56 days ke (Eni ti won fe sun ti o tun fi kerosene pa ara grin). What are you waiting for? they will waste your time o, you are the one who knows where your shoe is pinching you.
After the fifth day from date of determination, take your own copy of the decision to them alongside with an updated bank statement and the revalidation letter from your University.

@ainkay
Regarding your sibling representing you at the hearing, if she gets challenged that she is not the sponsor hence cannot represent you, she can counter that by stating that she qualifies as a sponsor in respect of the fact that she is going to be providing you with accommodation. 
Make sure you re-send all your documents and witness statement (if any) at least five days before the hearing. Make sure you include as much document as possible. It is also important for your sibling to take along copies as well to the hearing cause there is a high probability the judge would not have a copy.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 6:14am On Jan 28, 2007
@big_bumper,

I have never heard about that five days but nevertheless i will be there throughout this week and i will be given the house the update as the day goes by.

i will also get the bank statement as you have said.

thank you and i pray that the house will celebrate another victory on my behalf this week.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 3:28pm On Jan 28, 2007
@ mrpataki

you are welcome. maybe i should consider increasing my consultation fees to 850pounds. grin

@ muyiwabank

thank God that big_bumper is telling you the same thing i have been telling you for days. We all want to hear something positive from you latest by this friday. This is the period to make frantic calls, send desperate emails and put as much pressure as possible on BHC and your university. Feb 9 is just some few days away !

muyiwa, please what is the contact email address of BHC ? .ie. the email address to which you direct all your complaints. thanks
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 5:02pm On Jan 28, 2007
The e- mail address is visa.lagos@ fco.gov.uk.

you can contact them for all visa enquiries.

there will be testimonies before the end of in week by the Grace of God.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 11:43pm On Jan 29, 2007
@Big bumper

Which one is 5 days again?

UK appeal system or what?

QUOTE FROM FUNKE-BABY
That is still the end of next month ! they must be crazy ! I advise you go down to V.I to see them and give them a copy of your own determination. I have said it in my earlier post, BHC needs serious harrassment and not gentleman approach, but VOR and mrpataki advised against it. My boyfriend case is a typical example, It was after he was almost pratically sleeping at the embassy that they gave him the visa, just few days before he was expected to enrol at the university. Get the school to CALL and email them as well. Gosh! Your school resumes on the 9th of Feb. Muyiwa, this your appeal success must not be wasted. Devil is a liar !

Harrasing the embassy or regular visit to embassy?

Dont forget there is a mobile policemen there.

No one can compell them not even the Adjudicator.

Giving the BHC a copy of the determination will only help them to ask for their own copy from Angel square NOT FOR THEM TO ISSUE THE VISA STRAIGHTAWAY.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ainkay: 6:24am On Jan 30, 2007
@ funkybaby

Thank you so much for providing me the link of the case. Your help has alwez been indispensable.

@ big_bumper

Thanks you big_bumper for your kind scrap as well.
I do not know if there are any means where my sponsor get challenged as my representative. do let me know why such a challenge happens and what is needed to be done, if so.
Yeah I am sending copies of documents again to AIT, Respondent and to my representative.
I will be grateful if you can give me an inkling of how to write a good witness statement.
Grateful.
Sincere regards
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 2:24pm On Jan 30, 2007
Please could big_bumper tell us where the five days came into existence?

Thanks Akolawole, was going to say something but I actually thought it was not necessary.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 3:00am On Jan 31, 2007
@Mr Pataki and Akolawole mi o
If the ECO does not request for a review within five days of the hearing, he forfeits his right to challenge the judges decision. It is only the appellant (outside the country) that has twenty eight days to request for a review, if their appeal was dismissed.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 4:37am On Jan 31, 2007
could this be true

quote from big bumper

If the ECO does not request for a review within five days of the hearing, he forfeits his right to challenge the judges decision. It is only the appellant (outside the country) that has twenty eight days to request for a review, if their appeal was dismissed.

i just saw something on the letter enclosed with my determination.

a paragraph there says:

Any application must be made in accordance with the relevant Rules of court and must be made within 5 days of receipt (or deemed receipt) of this determination, except where the Appellant is outside the UNITED KINGDOM, in which case any application by the Appelant must be made within 28 days of receipt (or deemed receipt) of this determination.

DOES THIS MEANS THE 28 DAYS IS ONLY APPLICABLE TO THE APPELLANT BECAUSE THIS PARAGRAPH IS SILENT ABOUT THE RESPONDENT.

PLEASE CLARIFY THIS AND LET US LEARN.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 12:01pm On Jan 31, 2007
i just saw something now in the AIT site under the frequently asked question number 12.

check below:

FAQ 12 Visas & Entry Clearance
The Immigration Judge has allowed my appeal, but the Visa Section doesn’t have a copy of the decision. Why?
When an appeal is allowed, the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT) will forward the Tribunal determinations to you, your representative and the Respondent (the Home Office). This is so that any party who wants to ask for a review of the determination on a point of law can do so. The AIT aims to do this within 12 working days of the hearing. The Home Office will let the Entry Clearance Officer know of the decision. The Home Office has 5 days in which to challenge the determination. If they decide not to do so they will send a copy of the determination to the Entry Clearance Officer and aim to do this within 4 weeks.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 5:20pm On Feb 01, 2007
@muyiwabank

what is the situation report? what are they telling you at the embassy? any good news yet?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 6:09pm On Feb 01, 2007
Nothing yet my sister they said i shouild write them which i have done.

I will also call them to find out the status on Monday or better still go there again.

What is your opinion on that 5 days stuff @bigbumper talked about and my response?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 1:40am On Feb 02, 2007
They only have five days to seek a review, after which they have to comply.

They can still try and "jabo" you though by change of circumstances, misrepresentation, etc hence the need to go with an updated enrolment letter and bank statement.

Don't wait for 56 days, take your own copy of the determination in ASAP. There is more information regarding this on the same website you got the 5-day thingy from, regarding what the presenting officers should do with your own copy.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 9:51pm On Feb 02, 2007
@Everyone

I am tired of this misunderstanding of this 5 days.

It is not meant for refusals on foreign posts. It is meant for refusals of somebody in UK detention(based on immigration) for God sake.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 10:13am On Feb 07, 2007
@muyiwabank

what is the status of things regarding your visa? my sister sent an email to BHC last week regarding her case and she was told that they had gotten their own copy of the appeal judgement and she will be contacted soon to come and collect her visa although she was advised to be patient because they claimed to have a backlog of determinations at their office. What are the saying about your case

i disagree with big_bumper on the 5days issue. i am a little busy now but much later, i will state here my own interpretation of the 5days/28days/56days waiting period.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 7:30pm On Feb 07, 2007
Akolawole:

@Everyone

I am tired of this misunderstanding of this 5 days.

It is not meant for refusals on foreign posts. It is meant for refusals of somebody in UK detention(based on immigration) for God sake.

No need to get hot under your collars grin grin grin
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 7:41pm On Feb 07, 2007
Borrowing excerpts from Muyiwa's post (see below), does the issue about the 5-days review decision bare any resemblance to refusals of somebody in UK detention as you claim?

We all know Muyiwa's case relates to student visa, not detention, so why was the issue of the 5-days review decision included as a covering letter in his determination letter? (Note, the letter says THIS DETERMINATION)    

muyiwabank:

i just saw something on the letter enclosed with my determination.

a paragraph there says:

Any application must be made in accordance with the relevant Rules of court and must be made within 5 days of receipt (or deemed receipt) of this determination, except where the Appellant is outside the UNITED KINGDOM, in which case any application by the Appelant must be made within 28 days of receipt (or deemed receipt) of this determination.

muyiwabank:

i just saw something now in the AIT site under the frequently asked question number 12.

check below:

FAQ 12 Visas & Entry Clearance
The Immigration Judge has allowed my appeal, but the Visa Section doesn’t have a copy of the decision. Why?
When an appeal is allowed, the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal (AIT) will forward the Tribunal determinations to you, your representative and the Respondent (the Home Office). This is so that any party who wants to ask for a review of the determination on a point of law can do so. The AIT aims to do this within 12 working days of the hearing. The Home Office will let the Entry Clearance Officer know of the decision. The Home Office has 5 days in which to challenge the determination. If they decide not to do so they will send a copy of the determination to the Entry Clearance Officer and aim to do this within 4 weeks.

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 8:42pm On Feb 07, 2007
@ big_bumper,
You are getting this whole thing mixed up here. I will give you a link to clarify this issue. The 5 days thing is not applicable in muyiwa's case at all! It is for those in detentions, more for Asylum cases.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 9:41pm On Feb 09, 2007
My good people of nairaland please check my new location.
Thanks to eerybody that make the dream a reality

Akolawole,mrpataki,funkybaby,Vor,londoncool,big bumper and of course Seun Himself.

i say thank you to everybody.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 10:57pm On Feb 09, 2007
Congratulations!!!!!!

Where in the UK are you?
We go wash am o!!!!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fatliar(m): 12:13am On Feb 10, 2007
u didnt write fatliar u r welcome congratulation
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 6:55am On Feb 10, 2007
@fatliar,

I sorry for not including your name but all the same, its another victory for NAIRALANDERS ad once again thank you all.

@funkybabay i think this is the right time to send you acct number so that i can credit you grin grin

I am in Manchester for now but i think i still need to tell the house how it happens so that if anybody finds Himself in that condition tommorrow He/She will know what to do.

Oga Kola you never congratulate me oh.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 3:27pm On Feb 10, 2007
@ Muyiwabank,
You need to see how goose pimples came over me! wink wink wink
CONGRATULATIONS MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is great news to hear!

Share your story soon, so that others may learn of it too!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.