Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,707 members, 7,805,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:17 AM

I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike (35112 Views)

"Buhari Choose Between Amaechi & Rivers People": Protesters Storm Port-Hacourt / Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos) / Monorail: Wike Is A Shameless Liar – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by olillywales(m): 5:02pm On Mar 28, 2016

Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State said although his administration will strive to complete numerous projects abandoned by predecessor, Chibuike Amaechi, the abandoned monorail will not be one of them.

“Rivers people have told me not to touch the Monorail left behind by the other government,” he said today in an interview on Channels TV.

Insiders said the project initiated by Amaechi has gulped over $400 million dollars, with the project far from being completed. In contrast, Cross River state that has spent less than $40million has its own monorail almost ready.

The monorail is a system designed by Intamin, and is similar to the monorail that was constructed in Moscow Russia for $240 million dollars by the same monorail manufacturer.

According to experts following the monorail development, the Moscow system that connects to the Moscow subway is more extensive than the Rivers system with more frequency of traffic and sophistication.

“The two companies building the pylons and track work designed by Intamin in Nigeria were; ARCUS GIBBS Nig Ltd and TSI Nig Ltd. Between the two partners and contractors with Rivers State, at least 40 billion naira ($270 million dollars) was spent.

Governor Wike had alleged that an additional $135million was spent on other related works, including standard infrastructure adjustments to clear the way for the rail line.

In Calabar Cross River State, the same firm Intamin, building the Rivers monorail, partnered with the government there to build a monorail system for N5 Billion (36 million dollars)!

The Calabar system is reportedly already functioning and is now conducting test runs.

http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2016/03/i-wont-touch-amaechis-rivers-monorail-wike/

2 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by ItzTun3chi(m): 5:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ameachi Should Be Probed angry angry
Btw;FTC grin grin grin

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by PRYCE(m): 5:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Yes don't touch it!

That monorail project is the biggesr scam project I've ever seen. Can you imagine $400m already spent with nothing to show for it.

See, Dasukigate doesn't even touch this!

And tha lizard from Ubima says he doesn't like money! Issorite!

157 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by bettercreature(m): 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
See what hatred has caused

11 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Sunofgod(m): 5:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
Amaechi is a big crook

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by staymore: 5:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
That monorail will attract tourist to Rivers state any time soon. Please don't touch it Gov. Wike

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by ezebinugwu21: 5:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
anything that will benefits the people of rivers please do it no matter who started it make rivers lively again,any project that is good complete it.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by rottennaija(m): 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
olillywales:
Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State said although his administration will strive to complete numerous projects abandoned by predecessor, Chibuike Amaechi, the abandoned monorail will not be one of them.

“Rivers people have told me not to touch the Monorail left behind by the other government,” he said today in an interview on Channels TV.

Insiders said the project initiated by Amaechi has gulped over $400 million dollars, with the project far from being completed. In contrast, Cross River state that has spent less than $40million has its own monorail almost ready.

The monorail is a system designed by Intamin, and is similar to the monorail that was constructed in Moscow Russia for $240 million dollars by the same monorail manufacturer.

According to experts following the monorail development, the Moscow system that connects to the Moscow subway is more extensive than the Rivers system with more frequency of traffic and sophistication.

“The two companies building the pylons and track work designed by Intamin in Nigeria were; ARCUS GIBBS Nig Ltd and TSI Nig Ltd. Between the two partners and contractors with Rivers State, at least 40 billion naira ($270 million dollars) was spent.

Governor Wike had alleged that an additional $135million was spent on other related works, including standard infrastructure adjustments to clear the way for the rail line.

In Calabar Cross River State, the same firm Intamin, building the Rivers monorail, partnered with the government there to build a monorail system for N5 Billion (36 million dollars)!

The Calabar system is reportedly already functioning and is now conducting test runs.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/03/i-wont-touch-amaechis-rivers-monorail.html

cc: lalasticlala

This man's talks senselessly. Is cross river States topography like Rivers state? Is their land as muddy as Rivers state? Why not probe the project to a certain where the money went? Was the scope of the monorail the same?

Are the designs and detail the same? Are they passing through land or did bridges needs to be built for them if they are crossing the road? These are issues you find out.

Rivers state needs another mode of transportation apart from road to curb their traffic issues. The population is growing faster than roads built. No amount of roads built can do that. This man should put politics aside and do what will eventually bring benefits to the people of rivers state.

Governance is about continuity. You don't abandon good project because you don't like the person that started it or because the person has stolen money meant for the project. Wike must have understood that when he offered himself as a governor's candidate in the election. If you feel that Amaechi looted the funds meant for the monorail project, then by all means necessary, probe him and probe the project. If money was taken or stolen, then ask for the money to be returned. Take him to court! Present your evidence and let him defend himself. Or isn't that what the federal government is doing?

But please, don't come to the social media to tell us you can't continue it, not because you don't know the economic benefits it has for the state but because someone has "stolen money" meant for it. Unless you want to let us believe it has no economic benefits. It shows a lack of vision on you as a leader otherwise, unless you don't know it's benefits to the state.

154 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by michiyke2003(m): 5:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
Somebody should help me tell buhari that we don't need change again,we need transformation,and please explain to him what transformation means before he will hang us on electric transformer. Mr lia mohammed should also be educate about transformation before he will lie about how buhari has been making plan to import electric transformer as our new need. As for professor osibanjo,please help me tell him that transformation is not about promising without actualising. We don't need change again. #Nigeriasaynotochange#

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by tpiah01: 5:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
God will help Nigeria.
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by jamace(m): 5:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
bettercreature:
See what hatred has caused
It is not hatred. That project is a failure right from inception.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Amanwulu1(m): 5:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
ItzTun3chi:
Ameachi Should Be Probed angry angry
no way. He's my padi padi n there4 clean. -Alhaji intergrity.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Amanwulu1(m): 5:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
Wike pls do ur best. Amechi'll pay 4 his sin sooner or later.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
How does this hurt Amaechi?

3 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Eboski(m): 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
Wike shouldn't touch that project... that project is an elephant project......

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Eme121(m): 5:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by menix(m): 5:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
Oga Wike, we know Amaechi's mono rail is an elephant project but abandoning it won't be a nice idea afterall what is good for rivers state will go a long way to improve lives...

Please, Wike forgive Amaechi nwoke onye Nke ikpe Azu...
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by karlriz(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
The-the-rin!. angry!!... Complete it n probe him later. OR Possibly do both simultaneously!

Whichever peels ur Banana!. angry
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Jdesilentkiller(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
So Wike, do you want to jettisone the progress of Rivers state because of your hatred for Ameachi??.why not complete it if its for the development of your state?? A good government review contracts that are bad and continue those that are good.....if Ameachi monorail is fraud why not review it and purnish any erring party....if its good, what stopping you from completing same.
Your people's welfare should go beyond political affiliation.....or so I thought.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by richard09: 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
U obviously won't
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by ChappyChase: 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
Haba Wike, will amechi be the one to benefit from the project or the masses that voted for you
Naija polithifcian sha undecided

11 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Firefire(m): 5:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
Why, Wike?

We demand you go beyond sentiment and deliver the best dividend of democracy to Rivers.

Wike, listen to your inner voice and follow the right path.

Shalom!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by LordVoldemort(m): 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
If he doesn't do anything about the project that's (alleged) $400million waste in this present economy, I don't think he can be that stupid.

Best thing renegotiate the contract the firm and freaking complete the project.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by tonylaw07(m): 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
jamace:
It is not hatred. That project is a failure right from inception.

If amechi was still a PDP member would wike not finish the Monorail.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by BE811APP: 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Childish Adults..

Sheath ur swords for the sake of the people in ur state!!!

4 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Hammefeez: 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
This is what you get, when an illiterate become your Governor. (illiteracy is not about education)

11 Likes

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by donofdons: 5:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lol
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
wike.....the man with the big mouth
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by emeka2847: 5:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
grin
Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
rottennaija:

This man's talks senselessly. Is cross river States topography like Rivers state? Is their land as muddy as Rivers state? Why not probe the project to a certain where the money went? Was the scope of the monorail the same?

Are the designs and detail the same? Are they passing through land or did bridges needs to be built for them if they are crossing the road? These are issues you find out.

Rivers state needs another mode of transportation apart from road to curb their traffic issues. The population is growing faster than roads built. No amount of roads built can do that. This man should put politics aside and do what will eventually bring benefits to the people of rivers state.

Please keep quiet!!!!!!!!!

What do you know about topography?

What is topography? Did you attend a school at all?

So River State is full of 'muddy' waters? How many swamps are there from Mile 1 to Obigbo along the road? How many bridges from Mile 1 to Obigbo?

Stop disgracing your self!!!! Oh sorry, you no even get any grace, so no disgrace.

Folks who do not know Rivers State dey for their room dey talk nonsense.

We do not have enough roads in Rivers State for now. We need flyovers and not monorail. Checkout what Omeha did at Eleme junction. We need flyovers at places like Tank along east/west road, Artillery, Rumuokoro, Rumuokwuta, etc. We need a modification at Eliozu, Rumuola, etc.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by jamace(m): 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
tonylaw07:

If amechi was still a PDP member would wike not finish the Monorail.
It is not party issue but the viability of the project. Do you know how much has been sunk into that project yet it is no where near completion? The project has gulped N35b yet in that scrappy state.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won’t Touch Amaechi’s Rivers Monorail- Wike by SycophanticGoat: 5:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
Toks aka demdem wouldn't see this thread and the comparism between Cross River's monorail and that scam by the great lizard of Ubima. If na to come balls-lick that useless grayish lizard now, the useless APC zombies spread across the country, go carry first..

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Reacts To Buhari's Rule Of Law Comment, Says 'An Advance Warning' / INEC Replaces Lawrence Ezeh With Adaku Ogbu-Aguocha, 3 Weeks After Election / Gunmen Burn Down Anambra Police Zonal Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.