Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:57 PM

Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel (26576 Views)

List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC / Nigeria May Stop Borrowing To Fund Budget — Adeosun / How The Economy fared Under Yaradua With Oil @ $40/barrel And The Reality Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by Standing5(m): 8:06am On Mar 29, 2016
jcross19:
which fact is that?buhari knew before he crave for this position then he made a promise which everyone is holding responsibility of his promise so keep quiet let him find way out to deal with the mess.
Buhari knew what exactly? Pls be specific here and stop dribbling urself around.

7 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by omenka(m): 8:07am On Mar 29, 2016
obi4eze:
One thing I know is that corruption and impunity is not as it used to be.

Everyone wants a miracle but very few are willing to pay the price.

The pain of the past is what has been passed on but reconstruction is on-going. Of course, we would expect to have a lot of saboteurs in this government.

One thing to note is that mopping up the mess would take some time before the good days come.

Veeeery sensible post. cool

7 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by koboko69: 8:07am On Mar 29, 2016
makazona:
Lets keep on dwelling in the past.alright...lets also keep flashing back...that may actually move the country forward
InvertedHammer:
/
Jonathan did his time and moved on. As it is, Jonathan cannot influence any policy to protect any special interests in Nigeria. Therefore, any individuals or group that are still latching on to Jonathan are wasting their lives, time and effort. Yesterday is gone and lost. Intelligent people live the present and plan for the future. It is disheartening watching people trying to revert to "yesterdays" while burning their futures. And one would think they should know better.
\

Do u guys actually know the meaning of dwelling in the past? Its these same lots that have been telling us Jonathan would have done better, Okonko is better than Kemi, blabla, now we are showing u lots that your hero was even borrowing to pay salaries at 57usd and this is all u can bring forward. Shame on u

12 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by Seunolad1(m): 8:07am On Mar 29, 2016
obi4eze:
One thing I know is that corruption and impunity is not as it used to be.

Everyone wants a miracle but very few are willing to pay the price.

The pain of the past is what has been passed on but reconstruction is on-going. Of course, we would expect to have a lot of saboteurs in this government.

One thing to note is that mopping up the mess would take some time before the good days come.

you have said it all.

1 Like

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by Atlantian: 8:08am On Mar 29, 2016
The cult of stupidity is attempting to resurrect the tradition sentimentalism. When I read what these APC nematodes write on nairaland, I cant help but feel pity for them. It seems that the new allowance has just been paid and they are able to afford internet to surface with their long forgotten stupidity.

How can one compare a government that went on massive construction of roads, airports, schools and even revamped the agric sector to a government that could not even pen down a budget, has failed in every election organization, a government that is shrouded in darkness and filling stations are home for Nigerians. We havent seen this kind of stupid President since military left governance.

I can not even imagine which demonic souls are occupants of APC nematodes, cos if someone can be rejoicing in darkness then he is a demon.

How can one borrow money when he has not initiated any project for once since winning election.

Buhari is the most foolish human being to step into Aso Rock.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by DelGardo: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2016
jcross19:
how did they pay you? Because I heard that ministry of information have the highest budget? I can see you are fighting for your own cake right? You are a big failure. Any man or nigerian that's blind to this situation on ground is an enemy and agent of failure. Pass administrations failed woefully by looting all the national treasures yes we know!!. And this present one tend to be a messiah to clean up the mess in a some months not even a year but now all we see here is chaos everywhere even the corruption multiplied in folds, still you e supporters are blind to the truth well is not your fault even mr satan has fans talkless of failure. With this type of mentality I see no future for nigeria. Shame.

You heard? The document is available online please try and get the facts and stop exposing your ignorance.

Now to the topic; "our" hero, Uncle IB, was borrowing to pay salaries. Buhari has not borrowed and has saved state governments from total collapse despite the lowest oil prices in decades. Why is this paining you so much?

9 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by InvertedHammer: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2016
koboko69:

Do u guys actually know the meaning of dwelling in the past? Its these same lots that have been telling us Jonathan would have done better, Okonko is better than Kemi, blabla, now we are showing u lots that your hero was even borrowing to pay salaries at 57usd and this is all u can bring forward. Shame on u
/
Comprehension is your problem.

\

1 Like

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by koboko69: 8:10am On Mar 29, 2016
erico2k2:

If yoy who is not in govt can see this and identify these problems then I'm sure the government must have seen these long ti.e ago.A sane govt would ha e had plans to at least stabilise the economy or I dare say improve. Blame games ain't going to get us out of this hole. We do not need govt to tell is the problems we already. We want solutions that's what they are paid to do.have we seen how much they are paid?

So a government that have not borrowed a dyme to pay salaries, but have even given bail out funds to your states and have alao been fighting war against terrorism have not tried enough. A government who have not been operating on any budget...please your hero would have ruined our lives

7 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by orissmonde: 8:10am On Mar 29, 2016
With this thread, you have indeed spoiled the day for the wailers. It is as if you hit them on the head with a sledge hammer. All of a sudden they became tongue-tied.

6 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by koboko69: 8:11am On Mar 29, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
Comprehension is your problem.

\

Ok move ahead

1 Like

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by InvertedHammer: 8:12am On Mar 29, 2016
onatisi:

You sef you get time.
/
12am - 3am == slow time.

Browsing the net fills the void....until my pager goes off.

/

1 Like

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by jcross19: 8:12am On Mar 29, 2016
DelGardo:

You heard? The document is available online please try and get the facts and stop exposing your ignorance.

Now to the topic. Your "our" hero, Uncle IB, was borrowing to pay salaries. Buhari has not borrowed and has saved state governments from total collapse despite the lowest oil prices in decades. Why is this paining you so much?

ahahhhahahahhahahah I laugh in jesus christ voice. Very funny I have nothing with govetnment I just pity the gullible civillians.
Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by koboko69: 8:13am On Mar 29, 2016
Atlantian:
The cult of stupidity is attempting to resurrect the tradition sentimentalism. When I read what these APC nematodes write on nairaland, I cant help but feel pity for them. It seems that the new allowance has just been paid and they are able to afford internet to surface with their long forgotten stupidity.

How can one compare a government that went on massive construction of roads, airports, schools and even revamped the agric sector to a government that could not even pen down a budget, has failed in every election organization, a government that is shrouded in darkness and filling stations are home for Nigerians. We havent seen this kind of stupid President since military left governance.

I can not even imagine which demonic souls are occupants of APC nematodes, cos if someone can be rejoicing in darkness then he is a demon.

How can one borrow money when he has not initiated any project for one since winning election.

Buhari is the most foolish human being to step into Aso Rock.

The joke is on you super clown. cheesy cheesy.

9 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by Charliewyt: 8:14am On Mar 29, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
Most of the wailers on Nairaland are just IPOB kids who are averse to learning or reading...

They just come to look for robotic comments like "Bubu is a dullard" and donate their LIKES without contributing or learning anything...

IPOB Youths are a curse to this nation..
Iwe na onuma ga-egbu gi, ma oburu n' gi echegharighi, hapu ipob ga gwo oria ji gi biko i ka di anyi mkpa.
Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by Atlantian: 8:14am On Mar 29, 2016
koboko69:

So a government that have not borrowed a dyme to pay salaries, but have even given bail out funds to your states and have alao been fighting war against terrorism have not tried enough. A government who have not been operating on any budget...please your hero would have ruined our lives

Keep your mouth shut if you do not have what to write. A government isnt operating on a budget, yet it is spending money. Then you applaud a government that is unaccountable ? Do you know anything about business or you are just one foolish person depending on parents for food ? Planning and Budgeting are the core of management, and if you dont plan you fail. Which is why Buhari has so failed and is the worst president in living memory.

Concerning the issue of borrowing to pay salaries, what is he doing with the millions of dollars that accrue to Nigeria daily. JOnathan was fixing roads, building airports, fighting Boko Hausa Haram, building schools and runing YouWin and SUre-P. What has the illiterate in Aso Rock been doing with the millions of dollars per day we earn from oil and gas exportation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by manutdadex(m): 8:15am On Mar 29, 2016
Abagworo:
Buhari remains a blessing to Nigeria.
and u are a curse to dis generation! If u accusing gej n okonjo of borrowing what will pmb use to finance d budget they passd? Borrowing to cover more than half of the budget....so wats ur point! A blessing? And yet u queue to get fuel and basic commodities are expensive to d common man! So who we go blame?

2 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by agbangam: 8:16am On Mar 29, 2016
Jehovah!!! no wailers online shocked
Oh, I have forgotten, d thread did not insult Bubu
U wud have been seeing their comments like Burukutu Dullard NEPA certificate, Gworo chewing and wat have u.
In due dem dey will all be shamed
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by onatisi(m): 8:17am On Mar 29, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
12am - 3am == slow time.

Browsing the net fills the void....until my pager goes off.

/
Ok ,then you are free . grin
Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by Atlantian: 8:18am On Mar 29, 2016
koboko69:

The joke is on you super clown. cheesy cheesy.
You are not celebral, you are not lettered, you are simply mentally bastardized by suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by hustla(m): 8:19am On Mar 29, 2016
If only Buhari's Gov was a bit more open. The fuel crisis and light has to be solved asap,at least make the light thing regional

1 Like

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by koboko69: 8:24am On Mar 29, 2016
Atlantian:

Keep your mouth shut if you do not have what to write. A government isnt operating on a budget, yet it is spending money. Then you applaud a government that is unaccountable ? Do you know anything about business or you are just one foolish person depending on parents for food ? Planning and Budgeting are the core of management, and if you dont plan you fail. Which is why Buhari has so failed and is the worst president in living memory.

Concerning the issue of borrowing to pay salaries, what is he doing with the millions of dollars that accrue to Nigeria daily. JOnathan was fixing roads, building airports, fighting Boko Hausa Haram, building schools and runing YouWin and SUre-P. What has the illiterate in Aso Rock been doing with the millions of dollars per day we earn from oil and gas exportation.

Hahahahahahaha. Pained soul. Chia. Airports, roads cheesy. Fear God oooo.
Oil soild for above 100usd.....where is the money oga? We had to keep borrowing. Plz dont come and sing governors shared ECA crap. What happened to the FG's own share?

6 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by psquaret: 8:26am On Mar 29, 2016
What them finish those my brother from another mother. I non mention name oh
Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by DelGardo: 8:27am On Mar 29, 2016
Atlantian:

Pathetic!
Go and familiarize yourself with the constitution, which permits the government to spend a percentage of its proposed budget when the draft is under legislative consideration, and stop confusing your fellow wankers.

Building roads and fighting Boko Haram where? In Atlanta or Niger republic? We are not even talking about 5years with NO new roads to the credit of an administration that earned the highest revenue in history and you are here making your best effort to pollute this thread.

6 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by agbangam: 8:28am On Mar 29, 2016
manutdadex:
and u are a curse to dis generation! If u accusing gej n okonjo of borrowing what will pmb use to finance d budget they passd? Borrowing to cover more than half of the budget....so wats ur point! A blessing? And yet u queue to get fuel and basic commodities are expensive to d common man! So who we go blame?

Oh dear, did u read thru d thread, u wud have noticed dat in d time of PLENTY ur Mentors went to borrow to pay salaries which means dey mis-managed our money by not saving. Pls wat is bad is bad stop supporting evil cos dis present hardship is as a result of d bad management by d previous administration.

6 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by koboko69: 8:29am On Mar 29, 2016
[s]
jcross19:
how did they pay you? Because I heard that ministry of information have the highest budget? I can see you are fighting for your own cake right? You are a big failure. Any man or nigerian that's blind to this situation on ground is an enemy and agent of failure. Pass administrations failed woefully by looting all the national treasures yes we know!!. And this present one tend to be a messiah to clean up the mess in a some months not even a year but now all we see here is chaos everywhere even the corruption multiplied in folds, still you e supporters are blind to the truth well is not your fault even mr satan has fans talkless of failure. With this type of mentality I see no future for nigeria. Shame.
[/s]

Pained soul. Tackle the post and stop whipping up sentiments. The chaos are still caused by the samw dwindling oil prices....Nigeria is not alone in this. With the passage of the budget things will get better. But for someone like u, it will only get worse...cos you have determined in your mind not to ever see anything good in this government simply cos hero was disgraced out of office. May it be well with thee

5 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by tobiasbeecher: 8:30am On Mar 29, 2016
Demdem:
The tough time was bound to come even if it was jonah-daft that was in charge. it will even be far much worse under him because the bastard had no full control of our resources and finance the way the General currently has. if he was borrowing to pay salaries when oil was above 65$ per barrel, i can only imagine what the otuooke drunkard would have done now that its 40$ or when it was 30$. I can never trust Jonah-daft with our finance. the same way he destroyed bayelsa finance as Governor was the same way he treated Nigeria. but i can trust the General with our money.
The worst is over. Afterwards, things are bound to improve very soon. sensible folks knows this. IpoB nonentities can cry off their lungs . They remain the inconsequential few.
Why is it that there is so much bitterness in you? Who are your parents? Are they divorced? Do you come from a broken home without love and happiness? I asked all these in order to find out why there is so much bitterness in you. You really need help seriously!

1 Like

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by shachris02: 8:31am On Mar 29, 2016
koboko69:

I bet they pulled the bailout fund from their arse.

1 Like

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by Atlantian: 8:32am On Mar 29, 2016
koboko69:

Hahahahahahaha. Pained soul. Chia. Airports, roads cheesy. Fear God oooo.
Oil soild for above 100usd.....where is the money oga? We had to keep borrowing. Plz dont come and sing governors shared ECA crap. What happened to the FG's own share?

First off, I am not here to tolerate your naivety, I am not complacent in your typical mediocrity. I wasnt trained to be stupid like most of you.

Shall we begin;

You said Buhari operates without budget and pays salary without borrowing - That is total rubbish, I do not know your background, but even on a family setting, budget and planning is important. Buhari is so illiterate that he couldnt even sign a budget, one year after he won an election and he is spending money ? Why would anyone, any sensible man to applaud such expenses without the context of planning and budgeting. I think you are sick, lacking in wisdom and inefficient in business acumen.

Salaries of workers: Nigeria makes millions of dollars daily on oil and gas exports and these funds accrue to the banks daily. Is Buhari paying this salary from his Daura Cattles and not our oil/gas money ? Why are you praising a man who has not fixed any infrastructure since he assumed work.

Go to the filling station and preach about goodness of Buhari, I can assure your family that you will be dead.

3 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by AntiWailer: 8:33am On Mar 29, 2016
Demdem:
Only cursed bastards whose seeds will know no peace will come back to tell me that the decision to chase out the world acclaimed I-Buffoon was a mistake. If after several years of obvious plenty this fool of a president and his so called economic team can start borrowing to pay salaries then its obvious to all sane minds that this team was just empty upstairs. even with much more serious challenges now coupled with lower oil price, buhari isnt borrowing to pay salaries yet bastard will claim they are yet to see any change. kiss my arse murrafuckers

endorsed with 1million likes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by Atlantian: 8:33am On Mar 29, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

Why is it that there is so much bitterness in you? Who are your parents? Are they divorced? Do you come from a broken home without love and happiness? I asked all these in order to find out why there is so much bitterness in you. You really need help seriously!

The guy is a mental case. He comes online when he faces serious problem in life and dish out the bitterness. Ignore him.

2 Likes

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by jcross19: 8:34am On Mar 29, 2016
koboko69:
[s][/s]

Pained soul. Tackle the post and stop whipping up sentiments. The chaos are still caused by the samw dwindling oil prices....Nigeria is not alone in this. With the passage of the budget things will get better. But for someone like u, it will only get worse...cos you have determined in your mind not to ever see anything good in this government simply cos hero was disgraced out of office. May it be well with thee
now who my comment pain? Can you see the way you cancel my comment proof that it entered your bone marrow. Ahahahhaha apc thieves while pdp criminals. All their supporters tout nothing good coming out of them for good civilians. Shame!!!!.

1 Like

Re: Flash Back; Okonjo's Excuse For Borrowing To Pay Salaries with Oil at $54/barrel by pafun(m): 8:37am On Mar 29, 2016
koboko69:
[size=14pt]Nigerian govt borrowing billions to pay salaries – Okonjo-Iweala [/size](Premium Times)

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182543-nigerian-govt-borrowing-billions-to-pay-salaries-okonjo-iweala.html

[size=14pt]Nigeria borrows to pay salaries with cash crunch worsening.[/size] (Vanguard)

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/nigeria-borrows-to-pay-salaries-with-cash-crunch-worsening/

Dear Nairalanders,

This is the economic team that Jonathanians wish was still in power or want us to bring back to save Nigeria.

I pulled out this from 2 different sources as Nairaland political gladiators see Premium Times as APC sympathetic while Vanguard as PDP sympathetic. There shouldn't be any issue of biased reporting

Essense of this flash back;

There have been several attacks of the person of President Buhari and his Econmic team with Honourable Kemi Adeosun as the minister of finance and coordinating minster of the economy.

Oil price per barrel between Febuary and April 2015 hoovered between 54 to 57 dollars per barrel.

It is interesting to know that at this price, Jonathan and the mother of our economy were already borrowing to pay salaries and meet up obligations to contractors.

What would have been happening when oil went as low as 28 USD per barrel. Would Nigeria have been sold?

Naira was devalued to 197naira per dollar yet in didn't solve any problem as Nigeria still had to keep borrowing.
Will devaluing Niara solve anything now?

Fellow Nigerians,

Despite the lowest oil price rate of all times, President Buhari and Mrs Kemi Adeosun have never borrowed to pay salaries rather they have dished out bail out funds to states to pay salaries.

Despite the low oil prices, President Buhari was able defeat BokoHaram Technically. Please Note that alot of money is also being spent on this war, something the past government was struggling to achieve despite the huge resources allegedly spent on the war.

The present Economic situation have been expected even before this adminstration as evident in the several warnings issued by the past minister of Finance.
You can read her comments here even when oil was 74USD per barrel in case u missed the thread.
https://www.nairaland.com/2898459/what-okonjo-iweala-said-when-oil

In summary;

Buhari inherited a very big problem and have so far so good tried is best to navigate the ship Nigeria safefly.

I urge Jonathanians to take a chill pill, and give this adminstration some time as its first ever budget have just been passed.

God bless the Federal Repubic of Nigera

God bless Mr President

God bless the Honorable Minister of Finance

1 millions likes for President Buhari and Mrs Kemi Adeosun grin

[size=18pt]Una still dey this one? Surely no peace for the wicked . Nairaland Oga, GEJ and Okonjo don go since last year. Tell your dullard president and his team of nincompoops to get to work and stop blaming and comparing. All of you are a disgrace to the human race. The country is going into ruins and all you are doing is still hero worshiping and looking for scapegoats. Ha! How much have they given you to compose this ? How much are you offering your co-conspirators against common sense to "like" this insane rant ? Phew![/size]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Terrorism Has Nothing To Do With Islam, Says Jonathan / Cynthia Whyte: Jonathan Denies Sponsoring Niger Delta Avengers / Why Kidnapping, Killings Won’t Stop In Zamfara — Miyetti Allah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.