Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:36 AM

Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort (4015 Views)

Lagos Announces Opening Of Badagry Expressway To Traffic / The Tour Of Russia By Zuby77 / Photos Of The Obudu Mountain Resort, Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 6:46am On Mar 29, 2016
We finally decided to visit Badagry this Easter Weekend.
Friday 25th March we all assembled at the National Stadium Surulere. Of course we had to wait for a few late comers but we finally took off before noon.

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 6:49am On Mar 29, 2016
The journey was smooth. No traffic and we got to Badagry in good time. First stop was a local restaurant (buka) opposite Mobil in Badagry. Local food at its best. #nopackaging #strictlylocal.

Some people had eba and egusi, some settled for semo and vegetable.
We all enjoyed it sha.

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 6:55am On Mar 29, 2016
After the refreshing and affordable meal, we then proceeded to the first tourist site.
The Mobee Family Slave Museum.

We passed through the Badagry Marina and the Badagry Prison too. Nice sight.

See our beautiful tour guide grin

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 7:03am On Mar 29, 2016
More pictures

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 7:11am On Mar 29, 2016
Next stop. Agia tree monument. The place where Christianity was first preached in Nigeria.

According to history. The Christian missionaries assembled underneath the tree to preach Christianity but years later the tree fell so a monument was built on the same spot.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by opiscoal(m): 7:12am On Mar 29, 2016
....Badagry aka Small London. I'm proudly omo Egun... $h£n@yon, I hope u enjoyed your day
Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 7:16am On Mar 29, 2016
Next stop.

Boat ride to the slave route and point of no return.

The boat was big enough to accommodate about 30 adults. Nice music blasting in the boat. The boat ride was very brief. Less than 5 minutes.

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 7:18am On Mar 29, 2016
opiscoal:
....Badagry aka Small London. I'm proudly omo Egun... $h£n@yon, I hope u enjoyed your day

My brother I love Badagry. We all had fun

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by fashoo2010(m): 7:28am On Mar 29, 2016
You didnt complete ur tour ooo... U didnt go to first story building, slave myself, slave market, missionary house
Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 7:35am On Mar 29, 2016
fashoo2010:
You didnt complete ur tour ooo... U didnt go to first story building, slave myself, slave market, missionary house

Just hold on. The best is yet to come
Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 7:42am On Mar 29, 2016
Upon arrival at the other side grin , we stumbled upon a small art and craft shop. They had various jewelry and works of art on display.

Trust my people. Na so dem begin price market, some start to dey take picture smiley

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 7:50am On Mar 29, 2016
At this point some other tourists also joined our group so we had a much larger crowd.
My people the journey to the point of no return was a bit stressful. A long walk in my opinion.

Our guide explained that the slaves had to walk that distance with heavy chains on their feet and necks. This made it difficult for them to escape.

More pictures

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 7:59am On Mar 29, 2016
At this point, our legs began to ache. Then our Tour guide advised us to stop for the day and return to our hotel. We decided to continue on Saturday.

The hotel
It's relatively new. Along Badagry /seme road just after Suntan beach. It's called Ar Rakhab beach and Holiday resort.
It is just by the beach. With adequate parking space, Security, a beach bar, good music, a restaurant and decent rooms.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 8:14am On Mar 29, 2016
We got to the hotel around 7pm. Tired but excited, we all checked in had dinner and straight to bed.
Some turn up freaks still had time to turn up o. In fact there was a party at the beach bar. Good music and good looking ladies too smiley

Plus burn fire at the beach.

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 8:21am On Mar 29, 2016
Saturday morning was cool and refreshing. We all had break fast at the beach bar then we noticed something amazing. We saw a large group of people pulling a rope from the beach.

Eventually we decided to join them even though we didn't fully understand what was happening. wink

One of the locals explained that they were pulling a large net with thousands of fish in it. She said they cast the net deep in the Atlantic Ocean for 2 weeks. Then at that point (Saturday morning) the time was ripe to pull it out and enjoy the huge catch.

Pictures

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 8:30am On Mar 29, 2016
We could not wait to witness the "harvest" or what do I call it? So we had to check out.

Then we continued our Tour. We decided to visit the First Storey building in Nigeria. The building had some rich artifacts like the first Yoruba Bible, an old chair , a safe box etc.

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 8:47am On Mar 29, 2016
From the first building we decided to check out the Badagry heritage museum.

Pictures

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 9:05am On Mar 29, 2016
From the Heritage Museum. Back to base.

THE END angry

Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by DisGuy: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nice, thanks for sharing

There are several slave museums there, went to one Brazilian baracoon/ William Abass House-pretty basic and got one of those fisherman boats with some school children on excursion. That long trek to the ocean front was hectic on the hot sand; luckily on the way back we saw a bike man just dropping off an officer

Will probably get to Badagry beach on my next visit, just checked the hotel now, looks quite impressive especially as its new before 'maintenance' issue sets in
Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by tpiah01: 3:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
what edition is the Yoruba bible, do you know? I mean what year.

The trip seems interesting but I havent been into visiting slavery monuments so far, dont know why. Maybe some time when I'm in Nigeria, if our leaders allow me to come.

Would have been nice to see the fish catch though.
Re: Pictures From Our Amazing Tour Of Badagry & A Beach Resort by mrsage(m): 9:55am On Mar 30, 2016
tpiah01:
what edition is the Yoruba bible, do you know? I mean what year.

The trip seems interesting but I havent been into visiting slavery monuments so far, dont know why. Maybe some time when I'm in Nigeria, if our leaders allow me to come.

Would have been nice to see the fish catch though.

I don't know the year / edition. I should have asked the tour guide.

(1) (Reply)

Best Countries Where To Study Abroad In Europe / To Guys Abroad Searching For Oyibo Gf's... / Dana Crash: Insurers Pay N373m To 79 Relatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.