Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters (28415 Views)

Mambilla Hydro Project, Fashola To Sign Contract Today / 2017 Budget: Reps Ask Fashola To Explain N20bn Miscellaneous Expenses / Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Xclusivegrin007(m): 7:58am On Mar 29, 2016
– Babatunde Fashola has secured the release of 300,000 electricity meters belonging to PHCN

– The minister of power, works and housing says the meters were locked up in a warehouse due to a legal battle

– Fashola says he hopes the large volume of meters would be used effectively Discos

Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN), the Minister of Power, Works and Housing, has disclosed that he has secured the release of about 300,000 electricity meters which belonged to defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) but were locked up in a warehouse because of a lingering legal case against the contract for their procurement.

According to The Indpendent, Fashola made the disclosure in a YouTube question and answer webinar in Abuja on Monday, March 28.

Fashola says he has ensured the release of 300,000 meters to help boost power supply.

The minister said he hopes that the large volume of meters would be put to good use by the electricity distribution companies (Discos) in the country.

He explained that the contract for the procurement of the meters was awarded by PHCN in 2003 but that legal actions instituted by parties in the contract had stalled their eventual deployment to homes in the 11 electricity distribution networks since then.

According to him, that case had been settled out court and alternative settlement reached by the parties. He said this would ensure that the warehouse where the meters are kept would be opened and they deployed.

In the same vein, the Federal Government has announced plans to add 2,260 megawatts to the national grid with the approval of 14 solar projects.

Fashola said during a meeting with French minister of environment and power, Mrs S Royal at the conference room of the ministry in Abuja, that the project would soon commence as the financial agreement has already been approved.

Source: https://www.naij.com/780224-war-poor-power-supply-fashola-makes-new-move.html

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Aieboocaar(m): 8:01am On Mar 29, 2016
well, hope those meters will be solar-powered or even with batteries cos me wey get meter i never even see my bulb blink for days now.

134 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by blackfase(m): 8:05am On Mar 29, 2016
Wash

8 Likes

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by londoner: 8:05am On Mar 29, 2016
Can someone explain how the 300,000 Meters will improve the supply of electricity?
Thanks.

150 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 29, 2016
To boast supply of already generated electricity or the one that is yet to be generated?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by slimfit1(m): 8:14am On Mar 29, 2016
We are watching you mr man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Aieboocaar(m): 8:15am On Mar 29, 2016
londoner:
Can someone explain how the 300,000 Meters will improve the supply of electricity?
Thanks.
I no sure o, but e bi like d meter go dey use Tiger battery cry
wait make i call fashola ask am

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by mayorkyzo: 8:17am On Mar 29, 2016
What's the use of meters when there's no electricity to power them..these people should just stop this useless propaganda and get to work...we don't need meters we need light...

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by omowolewa: 8:25am On Mar 29, 2016
300000 meters or generators?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by wristbangle: 8:28am On Mar 29, 2016
Meter is to check energy consumption not power generation. Hmm!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by bigerboy200: 8:37am On Mar 29, 2016
How will distribution of meters improve the deplorable state of power right now wrong caption from op.. stay off weed my good people.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by tomakint: 8:40am On Mar 29, 2016
londoner:
Thanks.
God bless you plenty bro, I thought they will be talking of 30,000,000 (thirty million) metre readers and not this poor 300,000 undecided Fashola may go down as the worst minister of power in the history of Nigeria if Buhari does not quickly kick him out NOW. Yeye pretender

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by omohayek: 8:51am On Mar 29, 2016
londoner:
Thanks.

By forcing the discos to only charge for what they actually deliver. This will provide a much stronger incentive for them to upgrade their distribution infrastructure, whereas they could just sit back and collect flat-rate fees without the meters.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Xclusivegrin007(m): 8:59am On Mar 29, 2016
omowolewa:
300000 meters or generators?
shocked shocked :onshine ur eyes
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Xclusivegrin007(m): 9:00am On Mar 29, 2016
wristbangle:
Meter is to check your energy consumption not power generation. Hmm!
thumb up

4 Likes

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Xclusivegrin007(m): 9:03am On Mar 29, 2016
bigerboy200:
How will distribution of meters improve the deplorable state of power right now wrong caption from op.. stay off weed my good people.
is u that should stay away from weed and cheap drugs, shey na me be Fashola wey talk am or naij.com that posted it? Mumu

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by weselomo(m): 9:48am On Mar 29, 2016
is meter now megawatts ? how will that improve electricity supply

6 Likes

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by stevecantrell: 10:10am On Mar 29, 2016
wristbangle:
Meter is to check energy consumption not power generation. Hmm!

As you can see, this Fash guy aint taking his new job seriously...Bubu should pls do the needful.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by OlujobaSamuel: 10:43am On Mar 29, 2016
I don't just know why, I always find myself in opposition to fashola's view, not that I despise him as a person but I despise most of his reasoning, they are just absurd of logical reasoning, but I love his will.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by EldaTimba(m): 10:44am On Mar 29, 2016
Well, Fash is a SAN and not an engineer. This error is permitted.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by richidinho(m): 10:54am On Mar 29, 2016
what do you expect from a government that has 5 media aides compared to one Economic manager

talk talk no work
grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by repogirl(f): 10:54am On Mar 29, 2016
Hmm
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Healthybiz: 10:54am On Mar 29, 2016
smiley
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Nobody: 10:54am On Mar 29, 2016
Hmmmmmm

In the same vein, the Federal Government has announced plans to add 2,260 megawatts to the national grid with the approval of 14 solar projects.

This is what excites me. Hope it can be completed fast....

And hope meters can come....so that no more estimated billing again! angry

7 Likes

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by hucienda: 10:55am On Mar 29, 2016
I hope he delivers.

May he do better than the legendary Prof. Barth Nnaji.
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by DEIFIED(m): 10:55am On Mar 29, 2016
Mr Fash, pls prove yourself once more.
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 29, 2016
For Lagos alone ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

In the same vein, the Federal Government has announced plans to add 2,260 megawatts to the national grid with the approval of 14 solar projects. grin grin grin
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Omotayor123(f): 10:57am On Mar 29, 2016
Good move... But na result sure pass! cool

1 Like

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by Nobody: 10:57am On Mar 29, 2016
Whoever worded the title on frontpage needs a refund for their education.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by tolexy007(m): 10:58am On Mar 29, 2016
B
Re: Fashola To Release PHCN Electricity Meters by midehi2(f): 10:58am On Mar 29, 2016
I trust him

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

At BBC, Lai Mohammed Quoted A Yoruba Proverb / 2019: How Atiku Plans To Beat Buhari In Southwest / Peter Obi Inspired Me To Manufacture SUVs, Pick-Up Vans ― Innoson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.