Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,886 members, 7,806,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone (121549 Views)

Attention: Senior Engineers/ Supervisors/ Managers/ HR Reps / Offshore/subsea Engineering Software (orcaflex) Training / Download Free Petroleum Reservoir Simulation Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by RolandPet(m): 9:07am On Sep 01, 2009
@ Dr ferlie,

Doc, i will be making a trip to P.H by sunday on the mud school stuff, i will tell you the outcome !

I will also like to visit transocean technical school.

Thanks for the connection

@ Elchux,

sorry for replying you late,i just saw it now, i have been checking this tread for a while now,i dont know why i have not seen it before.

I don't know the city you are now,i will advice you to find out where you can source for a real trader who will be willingly to teach you for months,that was how i learn, i did not go for any fucking seminar on it for once, those guys offering seminars does not know it, if you are a real forex trader, you woulnt have time for seminar, you will be using that sat. and sunday free trade day for rest.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by RolandPet(m): 10:36am On Sep 01, 2009
@ Elchux, i don't know the city where you are now? but i will advice not to patronise this forex seminar guys, they dont know what they are teaching, just look around your city where you will get real forex trader.

Sorry for reply you late, i just spot your message now.

@Dr Ferlie, i will be heading to P.H on sunday fro mud school stuff and will also visit transocean technical school.

I will write to you my outcome Doc, thanks alot for the connection.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by DBits: 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2009
@blackky187
I'm also in PH, Bit Application Engineer. Can you link me up with your company, we supply drilling Bits to Oil compannies/marginal Field Operators.
When exactly are you starting for the new wells drilling operations?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by lucillia90: 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2009
Quote from: vindale on August 26, 2009, 08:51 PM
What about Graduates of Petroleum Engineering?

Will cert in Pipeline design and Pdms aid employment and increase ones chances of success in the long run

It should enhance your success. Just make sure you are very good at it.

After certification, Do you still apply as Fresh Graduate or Experienced?

wat could be ur advise on the next line of action?

Do u need them in Transcoean?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by ifunayam(f): 11:08am On Sep 02, 2009
To Dr. Ferlie & Mr. Shinatu many thanks to you, for helping the needy in this regard, May your efforts be crowned with great rewards. Amen
and to others who have given their input too to making this thread worth-while thanks a bunch.

@ Dr. Ferlie and Mr. Shinatu,
Pls what chances do graduates of International Relations have in the Oil & Gas Industry?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by RolandPet(m): 11:26am On Sep 02, 2009
I have posted twice in this trend, but can not see it! Why? anyway,

@elchux, pls look for where you will get a real forex trader that will teach you one on one around your city,don't go for any seminar, does guys doesn't know any shit. If you are in P.H, send me an email at ilonu@yahoo.com, i will coming to P.H for a short stay.

@DR, Ferlie, i will be heading to the mud school this weekend to make an equiry, thanks in a million sir.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by daddee: 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2009
Nice trend you've got here.

I would appreciate any contact to a mud engineering company. I got the fluid engineering training from Oklahoma mud school, OK, USA last year and also have more than seven years experience as a SLS data engineer but could not land a job as a mud engineer.

I will appreciate getting someone to link me.

Thanks.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Shinatu: 9:46am On Sep 03, 2009
kvolander:

God, I'm in love with this thread.Please, let's keep it alive and also include some little info on other petroleum engineering aspects. I have an MSc in PE from Heriot-Watt University in Scotland although I'm yet to clinch that oil job. During the program, the drilling course was really interesting although I still prefer Reservoir Engineering coz of my chemical engineering background.
I don't think drilling is as challenging as reservoir engineering coz of the great deal of uncertainty in the latter.

To my experienced guys, please, do you think getting the IWCF certificate would greatly enhance my chances of getting a job quickly eventhough the drilling course covered virtually everything? I don't have any previous experience except my Internship in SHELL in 2005 where I worked majorly as a trainee P-Tech.

Dr Ferlie and co.,if I were to be employed by any of the companies you guys work now, what do you think will be expected from me, considering my qualification?

Thanks in anticipation for your reply.

Kvolander,

The driller will also have to deal with these uncertainties you know?, let me leave Dr F to give insight into how chalenging drilling can be, someone already mentioned the great technicalities involved in Directional drilling . I do not know much about the IWCF certification.

You can work in the Exploration,Appraisal and Development stage of oil and gas production as any of the PE functions i.e
Petrophysicist- Aquisition and interpretation of logs(NMR,GR,Res,Sonic etc).
Res Engineer- Reservoir modellling thru Material balance-characterisation of Reservoir i.e drive mechanism, Fluid composition thru PVT analysis. Reserves Estimation-Volumetrics, Well testing
Production Technologist-Well completions,Well operating envelops, Well production Optimisation,Artificial lifting thru gaslift or pumps, General Well surveillance for sub-optimal well performance.

I am sure you touched many of these areas in your Msc programme.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Shinatu: 10:04am On Sep 03, 2009
ifunayam:

To Dr. Ferlie & Mr. Shinatu many thanks to you, for helping the needy in this regard, May your efforts be crowned with great rewards. Amen
and to others who have given their input too to making this thread worth-while thanks a bunch.

@ Dr. Ferlie and Mr. Shinatu,
Pls what chances do graduates of International Relations have in the Oil & Gas Industry?

Ifunayam,

This is a thread for Drillers but let me try and answer you quickly before the drillers catch us at it.

Oil and Gas business is big business, anyone can work there. there is even a separate department that handles all government/Community relations etc , so you have a  chance. you can also work in HR!

Engineering (Petroleum  )is core business though, you find Engineers in charge of some other aspect of the business,like Security, HR,IT,Planning,
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by kvolander: 10:43pm On Sep 03, 2009
Shinatu:

Kvolander,

The driller will also have to deal with these uncertainties you know?, let me leave Dr F to give insight into how chalenging drilling can be, someone already mentioned the great technicalities involved in Directional drilling . I do not know much about the IWCF certification.

You can work in the Exploration,Appraisal and Development stage of oil and gas production as any of the PE functions i.e
Petrophysicist- Aquisition and interpretation of logs(NMR,GR,Res,Sonic etc).
Res Engineer- Reservoir modellling thru Material balance-characterisation of Reservoir i.e drive mechanism, Fluid composition thru PVT analysis. Reserves Estimation-Volumetrics, Well testing
Production Technologist-Well completions,Well operating envelops, Well production Optimisation,Artificial lifting thru gaslift or pumps, General Well surveillance for sub-optimal well performance.

I am sure you touched many of these areas in your Msc programme.

@shinatu
Thanks for the info. We touched all those areas you mentioned including the economic analysis aspect.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by lawisong(m): 3:20am On Sep 04, 2009
Who was that, complaining about the roustabout job? Who gives a damn about the name? I graduated in petroleum engineering in 2005 and since then i've not been able to secure a single job in any of the oil firms and here is someone been offered a job as a roustabout in an oil company and he's here asking if he should go or not. For me i dont care about the name. If they like let them call me a roustabout, toastabout or even monkeyabout, i dont care. As long as i can have just one shot, just one opportunity to work in an oil firm i will be better off than Donald Trump. I'm into printing now, but its like doing what i dont enjoy doing and everyday i weep within me, praying that God should give me a chance to work in the area i spent 6 years(additional one year due to strike) to study in the university. Pls dr. Ferle, what does this thread have to offer people like me? Those in managerial position can u use ur God-given position to help someone like me? Believe me i can start from the ranks, but someday i'll also be able to contribute as a top driller in this thread. We are all in the same field, one big family, assist a brother if you can. Nice thread dr. Ferle, keep the flag flying!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by okeyz(m): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2009
@ lawisong
its very fustrating , i cant see why one should spend 5 yrs or more in a university reading such a rewarding course only for one to come and have nothing doing , or worse still doing something that does not allign with the course u read
u r not alone , i have a many freinds that read this rewarding course ,some ve entered into the banking industry, due to non availability of rig jobs,some have lost touch of what to do,some ve changed to other fields,those that can afford it flew abroad for their masters and after that nothing is forth coming.
painfully enough this same roustabout job is been sought for evryday on oil rigs in Nigeria but what u see is filipinos and mexicans been recruited for roustabout jobs that is suppose to be mearnt for graduates of this country ,its really sad,,just go to any rig and chek the roustabouts ,they are either filipinos ,indians or mexicans ,recruited abroad to work on rigs in NIgeria, the militancy in Niger delta is no helping much as most rigs are no moved to equatorial guinea ,angola e.t.c
the local content thing is a farce, indians ve taking over our the upostream business and r recruiting their kinsmen from their country.
Only God will help us
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by ifunayam(f): 4:00pm On Sep 04, 2009
[b]Ifunayam,

This is a thread for Drillers but let me try and answer you quickly before the drillers catch us at it.

Oil and Gas business is big business, anyone can work there. there is even a separate department that handles all government/Community relations etc , so you have a chance. you can also work in HR!

Engineering (Petroleum )is core business though, you find Engineers in charge of some other aspect of the business,like Security, HR,IT,Planning,[/b]

Ok thanks Bro. I hope 2 join d industry some day.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by roughcode: 10:26am On Sep 07, 2009
Dr Ferlie
Thanx 4 all ur efforts, i'v been inspired by several mails, please hw much does it cost 4 d training under Dr pepple, and what are my chances of working with just that certification(mud school)
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by roughcode: 10:31am On Sep 07, 2009
Dr Ferlie
You've been great , thanx a lot, what are my chances of working with the C-pepple mud school certificate and how much do they charge for the course?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by RolandPet(m): 11:48am On Sep 12, 2009
I'm currently writing from P.H, i met C. Pepple at his office in Trans Amadi and he told that the cost of the course for four wks is #350,000.00($2,500).

That the registration for the next session(jan 2010) will close oct ending, and also that they dont offer jobs after the course that they will only help in indicating where there is vacancies.

I also went to met John that works with trans ocean and he told me that the wellcap cert. is only for practicing Drillers, not for newbie like me.

Preparing to take the mud course!

God help us.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by ntuedor(m): 12:39pm On Sep 12, 2009
@ Dr. Ferlie,

@ Alaura

This is quite a wonderful thread full of expertise experience and also of great resource for continous improvement anbd development. Dr. Ferlie kudos to you for being very thoughtful.

I'm a Mechanical Engineer, with over 5 yrs active experience in the Oil & Gas Service operations, spanning Well Completions, (Upper & Lower), Slickline Services, Casing Integrity Tests (Sqweeze operations), Downhole Gauge, as well as Wellhead Maintenance Services (Surface and Subsea operations), Drilling Tools & Rentals, and also HSE

My company NEQUIPS International Services Company Nig. Ltd is into Oilfield Tools & equipment Rentals and Services Operations (Drilling, Slickline, Welding equipment, Compressors, Generators, etc), FPSO's, Drill ships, labour Supply Services etc.

I trust that getting to connect with you will bring about areas of common interest; supporting the Nig. Oil & Gas with the Best, Safe, Standard and Quality Tools, Equipment and Services that will bring satisfaction to the end user or Operator.

Lets get in touch.

N.B

Lets talk about the Drillship you mentioned about in your post to Alaura.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

MD

nequipsnigltd@gmail.com
Based in PHC.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Remii(m): 5:35am On Sep 18, 2009
Below is link to online formulas and maths for those who may find it useful.

Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:13:22 PM
Subject: ORACLES Service Now Freely Available to Members

Dear Drillers.com Member,

Since 1996 we have offered a subscription-based electronic Drilling Manual. Recently we converted it to HTML and deployed it on the web site, so that we could link in the online maths and other features. This also allowed faster updating of the material. We added in a Safety Alerts index and created the Oracles service.

We've now decided that the ORACLES features and reference material should be freely available to all site Members. You can search or browse the Drilling Manual, use the online Maths worksheets using only your browser and quickly find Safety Alerts relevant to your upcoming work on the rig.

To see how to use these tools, I suggest you start off by viewing the FAQ page at http://www.drillers.com/faqs/FAQOraclesUser.html.

We hope you find these useful in your every day work. We will also listen to your ideas for adding and improving content, so let us know what you think.

Just log in at http://www.drillers.com/DrillingManual/Oracles.aspx and Enjoy!

Regards,
Steve Devereux

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

================================================
THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE PLEASE DO NOT REPLY

Manage your online subscriptions at
http://www.drillers.com

To Unsubscribe from this list, login and select Update Profile
from the Dashboard menu of your My Home page. At the bottom of your Profile page,
change the newsletters option.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Remii(m): 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2009
Remii:

Since 1996 we have offered a subscription-based electronic Drilling Manual. Recently we converted it to HTML and deployed it on the web site, so that we could link in the online maths and other features. This also allowed faster updating of the material. We added in a Safety Alerts index and created the Oracles service.

We've now decided that the ORACLES features and reference material should be freely available to all site Members. You can search or browse the Drilling Manual, use the online Maths worksheets using only your browser and quickly find Safety Alerts relevant to your upcoming work on the rig.

To see how to use these tools, I suggest you start off by viewing the FAQ page at http://www.drillers.com/faqs/FAQOraclesUser.html.

We hope you find these useful in your every day work. We will also listen to your ideas for adding and improving content, so let us know what you think.

Regards,
Steve Devereux

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from the Dashboard menu of your My Home page. At the bottom of your Profile page,

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Remii(m): 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2009

Regards,
Steve Devereux

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by intom: 9:47am On Dec 08, 2009
I really love forum.Am a mud engineer.I have worked on land rigs and I did completion and workover jobs on off-shore rig .The challenge I had was gas kick last year .It was put under control immediately with kill mud.I love chanllenges because it makes me stronger.I will love to offer my services in any coy within and outside Nigeria.

I salute Dr ferlie.I will love to learn more from you.

IT IS WELL,EVEN IN THE WELL.LET'S GO,
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Remii(m): 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2009
Drillers, how deep are we? lol
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by DrFerlie(m): 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2009
All, It's been a while. I have been very very busy recently. How are we all doing?

intom:

I really love forum.Am a mud engineer.I have worked on land rigs and I did completion and workover jobs on off-shore rig .The challenge I had was gas kick last year .It was put under control immediately with kill mud.I love chanllenges because it makes me stronger.I will love to offer my services in any coy within and outside Nigeria.

I salute Dr ferlie.I will love to learn more from you.

IT IS WELL,EVEN IN THE WELL.LET'S GO,

Mud Engineer, How is the Rheology of your mud? grin grin grin Nice to have you on board!!

Remii:

Drillers, how deep are we? lol

Hey Remi, How is work? Long time!!! wink
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Remii(m): 8:21pm On Dec 21, 2009
Dr Ferlie:

Hey Remi, How is work? Long time!!! wink

Dr Ferlie, am doing great, still turning it to the right while making sure nobody gets hurt. Nice reading your responses too.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by DrFerlie(m): 8:43pm On Dec 21, 2009
Remii:

Dr Ferlie, am doing great, still turning it to the right while making sure nobody gets hurt. Nice reading your responses too.

cheesy cheesy Keep doing the good job. Do it safe or not at all. Incident Free Operation all the time. Compliments of the season to you. We are all waiting for the passage of PIB to know where to drill next grin grin
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by DrFerlie(m): 8:50pm On Dec 21, 2009
Roland Pet:

I'm currently writing from P.H, i met C. Pepple at his office in Trans Amadi and he told that the cost of the course for four wks is #350,000.00($2,500).

That the registration for the next session(jan 2010) will close oct ending, and also that they dont offer jobs after the course that they will only help in indicating where there is vacancies.

I also went to met John that works with trans ocean and he told me that the wellcap cert. is only for practicing Drillers, not for newbie like me.

Preparing to take the mud course!

God help us.

Roland, How far with the training?  Any other development?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by ogogo24(m): 7:02pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Dr Ferlie and Mr Shinatu

We really are looking up to u guys for the encouragement.

I am a newbie Wellsite PE, though coming from an Electrical Engineering background. The job has really afford me the opportunity to learn Drilling Engineering and also the duties of other service providers on the Rig such as Mud Engineering, LWD/MWD/DD, etc.

The job has been both interesting and challenging. Will surely contact u gurus when need be.

Safe.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by RolandPet(m): 11:08pm On Dec 26, 2009
@Dr Ferlie,

i could not do the Mud course again, a family friend who works with Shell BP,ask me if they will provide job for the trainee after the course,considering the cost,the short period and the money involvement.
He advised me to take Databased Management course instead of mud engineering since i did most of the courses as a petroleum engr.

I have already completed the program,will be starting HSE program level 1 & 2 by jan. 2010, hope to click nice job before feb.

Thanks for your courage so far!
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by ellisville: 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2010
hello! here i come again. good day all, my name is Ellis Femi; now a fourth year student in the University of Port Harcourt, studying Petroleum Engineering. i would like to thank everyone here trying one way or the other to bless young and aspiring minds. sometimes, i have come to understand that life is not all about making the 2.1 or the 2.2, and the first class, but it is just about a personal decision to do what you love doing. and it is with these thoughts of mine that i write.
something that seem to bother my mind is why is it that most people say the Nigerian Engineers are nothing to write about. for me, i feel that no one should judge that way. because life in Nigeria has never been that of a fairy tale. everyone goes through different hussles and bustles. that's why it will only take u and i to make this nigeria a better place.
apart from the joy of entering my fourth year in the university, studying Petroleum engineering, it's so hard to find an INDUSTRIAL ATTACHEMENT place in any of these multi nationals, well servicing company. i love knowledge.and i feel that it's only an educated mind that would strive to carry our dear country forward.
so am pleading for the house to come like a good samaritan, though, not knowing who the bruised man is, yet , still willing to offer an helping hand. my name is ellis and i would be very much grateful should any one working in any of these companies sincerely wish to help out.

thanks all, i sincerely wait for an anticipated reply
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Remii(m): 9:04am On May 03, 2010
Long time guys, the recent incident in the Gulf of Mexico involving Transocean Horizon semi should be a wake up call for all about inherent dangers in our business. Well Control equipment failure is being speculated. While more facts continue come to surface, we all should improve on our well control competence beyond paper certificate. Take more interest in mitigating devices and methods and bold enough to speak up against any short cut that tends to compromise safety for economic reasons. 11 guys went down with the rig 9 Transocean 2 Service personnel (MI Swaco) that should tell you something, Companyman and other the big boys escaped.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by DrFerlie(m): 2:55pm On May 03, 2010
Remii:

Long time guys, the recent incident in the Gulf of Mexico involving Transocean Horizon semi should be a wake up call for all about inherent dangers in our business. Well Control equipment failure is being speculated. While more facts continue come to surface, we all should improve on our well control competence beyond paper certificate. Take more interest in mitigating devices and methods and bold enough to speak up against any short cut that tends to compromise safety for economic reasons. 11 guys went down with the rig 9 Transocean 2 Service personnel (MI Swaco) that should tell you something, Companyman and other the big boys escaped.

Like you rightly said, It could either be  BOPs and/or diverter failure or late response to kicks,  Nobody knows yet. The basic learning is to stay focus all the time and always ensure the functionability and reliabilitity of all our safety equipment. HUET/sea survival certification should be taken seriously on the rig.  It is very very sad that the incident happened.  May God grant the families of the victims fortitude to bear the loss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

How To Improve On Your Career With I.T / How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? / COREN Registration Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.