Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,046 members, 7,799,539 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

Suffering From Shyness - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Suffering From Shyness (1381 Views)

Am I Suffering From Acute Memory Loss Or Forgetfulness? / Suffering From Drugresistant Typhoid Fever, Used Several Antibiotics And No Cure / How Does Someone Overcome Phobia(shyness To Talk In Front Of Many People) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suffering From Shyness by chickalo: 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2006
Any drugs for someone suffering from shyness? my cousin is damn to shy, he can't even look into the eyes screen of the computer and type this himself. I'll call him a sissy, will he outgrow this? he's 18 now and shivers when in the midst of 2 or 3 people both boys and girls, which makes him exclude himself from social gatherings even his peer groups. he's also shy of his mum he can't look her in the eye too. How can I help him. he's also shy of me.
Re: Suffering From Shyness by Seun(m): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2006
A lot of people are going to supply ridiculous and ignorant replies to this post, so please be prepared. When you say your brother is shy, are you just saying he doesn't look into peoples' eyes, or is it something more? Please give us a more detailed explanation of the behaviours you classify as shyness that your brother exhibits.

If it's a really serious case it may be Social Anxiety Disorder. Psychiatrists know what to do.

See also en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_anxiety www.nimh.nih.gov/healthinformation/socialphobiamenu.cfm
Re: Suffering From Shyness by chickalo: 6:46pm On Nov 09, 2006
Not just unable to look at people in the eyes, he also excludes himself from gatherings. Just telling how shy he is.
Re: Suffering From Shyness by Free(f): 8:23pm On Nov 15, 2006
damn
dis is serious
Re: Suffering From Shyness by shameless: 10:25pm On Nov 15, 2006
is he kind of wowo(ugly) or wat, has he got any disability dat is pissing him off? , if so dat might be d reason, but i love shy people, i mean i love dating them,
Re: Suffering From Shyness by ToddTerry: 12:23am On Nov 16, 2006
ask rich4now. he will help u with your 419 scam.
Re: Suffering From Shyness by chickalo: 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2006
is he kind of wowo(ugly) or what, has he got any disability that is pissing him off? , if so that might be d reason, but i love shy people, i mean i love dating them,

no he's not.
Re: Suffering From Shyness by Free(f): 1:56pm On Dec 04, 2006
haha ok
Re: Suffering From Shyness by firestar(f): 2:48am On Dec 05, 2006
smiley
Try re-evaluation. Re-discover yourself. I used to be shy too to that extent and was advised to take one person at a time, that was 5 years ago. It worked for me.
Say, is the person in question a nairalander?
You might want to 'widen out'.

Cheers!
Re: Suffering From Shyness by ThoniaSlim(f): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2006
lmao grin never knew shyness was a disease till now.
Re: Suffering From Shyness by eniola1310(f): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2006
is ur cousin a virgin?
try getting him laid he'll get over the shyness fast.
get a girl to f, k the brains out of him.
he'll just be fine after the whole show
Re: Suffering From Shyness by saintchux(m): 7:01am On Jan 20, 2007
let your brother go and read motivational books. Listen to motivational tape. If he does not how to get it, let him send me mail. saintchux@programmer.net

(1) (Reply)

A Visit To The Children's Emergency Ward In Luth / Menstration + Pregnancy, Same Time? / Any Std Speacilist Here?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.