Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? (14462 Views)

Ahmed Musa Mobbed By Fans At Mosque In Abuja (Photos) / Ahmed Musa To Quit Super Eagles Over Captaincy Row / Revealed : Why Musa Handed Eagles Captaincy To Mikel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
I presume the sudden transfer of captaincy by coach Siasia from Musa to Mikel infused a psychological effect on Musa, even if he was the one that announce the change and appeared okay with it.

This is the Musa that is currently recording sublime performance for his club side and did a superb Job in the last edition of the World Cup especially against Argentina.

His performance in the two legged matches against Egypt was deplorable to the extent that if one decides to rate him as a player with such criterion, he will not be rated above those lesser average players playing in the streets.

He made a lot of ludicrous passes especially today, and he was totally neutral and innoxious in the game causing the Egyptian defenders to worry less about his threats and there by moving forward to assist in pressurizing our .defense.

We need decorum and tactfulness in our football.

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by TPAND(f): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
Psychologically it did.

I am of an opinion that Mikel doesn't deserve the captains hand band. Mikel is inconsistent and he can't lead the Eagles. He also doesn't merit the Number 10 jersey.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by naso2(m): 8:37pm On Mar 29, 2016
abeg make una stop the breakdance

wetin concern captaincy with musa performance .

when musa sabi play ball before? Musa is at best supposed to be a supersub in our team.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
TPAND:
Psychologically it did.

I am of an opinion that Mikel doesn't deserve the captains hand band. Mikel is inconsistent and he can't lead the Eagles. He also doesn't merit the Number 10 jersey.
then who do you nominate for that position?

Mikel is scrupulously the ideal person to handle such office. the dude was fabulous today. To be frank, Mikel, Moses and Iwobi were the real Nigerian players I saw in that field. With Mikel being preeminent and showing his co-ordinating and organising good qualities of a Leader.

15 Likes

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by TPAND(f): 8:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
blueto:

then who do you nominate for that position?

Mikel is scrupulously the ideal person to handle such office. the dude was fabulous today. To be frank, Mikel and Iwobi were the real players I saw in that field. With Mikel being preeminent and showing his co-ordinating and organising good qualities of a Leader.

I nominate Musa. He is reliable and consistent though he has a few off days, but he has a better consistency than Mikel.

In 2 months now, we will again heap blames of Mikel for his usual abysmal performance. Captaincy doesn't belong to a midfielder but someone who the team respects

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
Yea, I assume that was way it was bequeathed to the rightful player(mikel).
naso2:
abeg make una stop the breakdance

wetin concern captaincy with musa performance .

when musa sabi play ball before? Musa is at best supposed to be a supersub in our team.
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by sukkot: 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
maybe, maybe not
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by NobleAngell(f): 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
Am not a soccer fan. I have zero passion for it but I booked this space just to b on fp. Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by asumo12: 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
I think so!

Meanwhile

Lex learn here...

nιgнт ғacтz

ĸwana вιyυ

leтs go тнere

dιd yoυ ĸnow тнaт ....

« Ironically, how strange it is, When sand is dry, it behaves like a liquid. When it is wet, it behaves more like a solid. Have ever wondered ?

« Meteorologists should be called Skyentists. Agreed ?

« So sad that two friends could never attend each other’s funerals. Only one can attend the others funeral. #GreatFact

« It has been presumed that If 1,200,000 mosquitoes bit you at one time, they would bleed you dry.

« The genius Einstein's brain was taken for research without his written consent after he died and was cut into 240 pieces.

« Some people are funny. They spend money they don't have, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't even like.

« Using Internet Explorer to download Chrome is like using an ugly girl to get to her hot friend.

« You should never be angry with someone for forgetting something, its impossible to forget something intentionally..

And lastly

« Wrestling is a sport where two men with no trouser fight for a belt. cheesy

good nιgнт

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by phayvoursky(m): 8:54pm On Mar 29, 2016
k
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by dedons: 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Buhari's badluck has destroyed our national teams.

I hate APC.

2 Likes

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by patrickjose: 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
no. we don't just have luck
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by Mediapace: 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
That is not an excuse,he dey play trash before. Awon werey 100% naijaboiy and twaci wetin you talk?

3 Likes

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by gamaliel121(m): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
Thay are all pussssiiieeesssss......!!!

Mtchewwwwwwww
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by deepee08(m): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
Musa played nothing in that game..

2 Likes

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by Integrityfarms(m): 8:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
If I hear?

Abeg no be wetin do Musa! All of them no sabi anything joor!

Its a shame that we are consecutively missing AFCON which we were once defending champions in quick double successions!!

Inglorious Super Eagles
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by Aviero: 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
No, it didn't.

It should be the other way round. In fact, it should have propelled him to play like a beast and prove he deserves whatever has been taken away from him.

The Super Eagles played shiit in the final third. They weren't able to connect well.

By and large, God will punish Chad for what they've caused. Amen!

Bad luck still follows the Super Eagles. God help them.
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by donholy28(m): 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
dat one na 4 im pocket...me sef no dey watch their match...dem too dey 4ckup
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
I don't follow Nigerian sports but the articles I read implied that the Super Eagles Midfield was straight up Thrash...You can't expect Musa to perform if you have useless tactics and an equally clueless midfield.

Y'all forgetting he's one of the best forwards in Europe??

1 Like

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by prinsam30: 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
He has never played well for the Super Eagles, besides he willingly handed over the captaincy to Mikel, so end of story

1 Like

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by femi4: 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
blueto:
I presume the sudden transfer of captaincy by coach Siasia from Musa to Mikel infused a psychological effect on Musa, even if he was the one that announce the change and appeared okay with it.

This is the Musa that is currently recording sublime performance for his club side and did a superb Job in the last edition of the World Cup especially against Argentina.

His performance in the two legged matches against Egypt was deplorable to the extent that if one decides to rate him as a player with such criterion, he will not be rated above those lesser average players playing in the streets.

He made a lot of ludicrous passes especially today, and he was totally neutral and innoxious in the game causing the Egyptian defenders to worry less about his threats and there by moving forward to assist in pressurizing our .defense.

We need decorum and tactfulness in our football.

Just Negodu!

Is this not the same Musa that was substituted under coach Sunday Oliseh owing to the fact that the captain band put a lot of pressure on him.

Just shut this propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
Lets go by your insinuation of “who the team respect”.

Judging by the game today, to who's charisma did the players play to today?

Because of Musa's impotency today, the players began to snub him, and he had to come to the centre to struggle for the ball, but still, he was still neutral.

And being a captain transcends playing football performance on the pitch. it has to do with being a very good technocrat. of which there is a consensus that Mikel possesses such qualities than Musa

For instance, an attribute of a skipper portrays being a good spokesman, and who does the Job better? Mikel or Musa?.

TPAND:

I nominate Musa. He is reliable and consistent though he has a few off days, but he has a better consistency than Mikel.

In 2 months now, we will again heap blames of Mikel for his usual abysmal performance. Captaincy doesn't belong to a midfielder but someone who the team respects

2 Likes

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by prinsam30: 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
He has never played well for the Super Eagles right from time, besides he willingly handed over the captaincy to Mikel, so end of story
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by cescky(m): 8:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
TPAND:

Stop contradicting youself...think thrice..do u really think the players will respect musa above mikel?

1 Like

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by Ptoocool(m): 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
Abeggi,, Super Eagles and disappointments

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by prinsam30: 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
He has never played well for the Super Eagles right from time, always running and leave the ball behind him, besides he willingly handed over the captaincy to Mikel, so end of story
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by Pavore9: 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
We lost and that is over.
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by gbaskiboy: 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
Going by his performance tonight, his inaccurate passes, his inability to mark, his inability to dribble pass opponent. And whenever he missed his opportunity you see him smiling, unlike victor who was mad when his shot from outside 18 hits bar......

1 Like

Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by Feranchek(m): 9:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
Lol. Has he ever been that fantastic? Abegi, we don loose be sey we don loose. All man geh him own blame biko
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by justicejay(m): 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
I don't think so.
No that's not the reason,he has not been good on international duties.
Re: Did The Transfer Of Captaincy Affect Musa's Performance? by lexyman(m): 9:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
TPAND:

Oga listen to yourself

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians / Juventus Win Their First Serie A Game Since Cristiano Ronaldo Left / Messi: I'd Like To Return To Barcelona As Technical Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.