Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash (48149 Views)

Ultimate Leash Training Guide : How To Train Your Dog (or Puppy) To Walk On A Le / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / Guy Offers His Dog To Calabar People After It Ate His N4000 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by phantom(m): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
All these tamtrums because they choose not to read a jargon meant for pet-lovers? Yadayada... so they should read that boring lenghty writeup abt dogs they can't stand? Everyone sha wanna have opinions as though they aren't Nigerian too. KMT undecided
and this is also one of the reasons why women end up at mountain of fire when no man shows up to propose.

dumb chicks everywhere 95%- mary kay foundation,lipstick,fake eyelashes 5% -brains.

no offense meant my sister.cheers!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hello everyone.

This response is really for all those who for one reason or the other have a problem with reading the entire piece. Some things are not for everyone. It goes without saying, inasmuch as you do not have to read it, you also do not have make any comments on it. Nobody needs to know your opinions. Please take the time to find what interests you elsewhere, focus on it and leave this portion of the cyberspace for the audience for which it was originally intended.

Thank you.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by MsGlobalwonder(f): 9:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
phantom:

and this is also one of the reasons why women end up at mountain of fire when no man shows up to propose.

dumb chicks everywhere 95%- mary kay foundation,lipstick,fake eyelashes 5% -brains.

no offense meant my sister.cheers!
the amusing thing abt id!ots like you that find it easy to call pple names is that you are cowards who call on mods when you get a befitting reply. Wherever I run to is not your business. Social media makes mediocres like you feel entitled even when you can't comfortably stand close in reality. I can't deal please. Just know this and take it to the bank that no one in your entire household comes close to have what I have professionally and all other human endeavours. Not everyone see the need to come on NL to sing praises of achievements. Please don't get petty with me, u wont like it. #JustSaying

4 Likes

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
tivta:
I miss having dogs, unfortunately they kept dying due to poison, wicked neighbors...

Hello tivta.

Really sorry about the loss of your dogs. But sometimes it may not always be due to poison and wicked neighbours as I have come to realize. It takes eternal vigilance on the part of owners to observe their dogs for often insignificant signs of underlying serious health issues to save the life of a dog.

I think you should take a leap of faith and get another dog. Hopefully you would get it all right this time and it would live to a ripe old age. Truly awesome creatures they are.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by olarhtunji(m): 10:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
so its me that will come and read all diz stuff....how do u sleep at night?

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Mosandie(f): 10:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
cool Fascinating. Beautiful gurls.

Wish i had one
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by MrsAnyanwu(f): 10:16pm On Mar 30, 2016
I love pups alot, my alsatian dog is actually pregnant, cant wait to see those lovely pups, kudos OP

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 10:21pm On Mar 30, 2016
phantom:
great job OP...........im a pet lover and currently own a brindle SA boerboel....tiger! Hes 7 years old and i love him to bits.
please how can you help me get dogs from SA. do you have a contact (or kennel)in SA you can link me with. i want to import a male and female(non-related) SA boerboel. let me know.cheers
.......and by the way,your post is lovely. like some other poster typed,your command of the english language is superb. keep it up.
@posters complaining about length.........this is why employers find it difficult to employ our youths. they are just unemployable.QED
why wont they be unemployable when our university graduates cannot compare (in grammar or comprehension) with primary school kids in the UK.......lazy Nigerian youths who spend more time on facebook,whatsapp and 2go than on the thing that really matters-ADDING VALUE TO ONE'S SELF.
Later una go run enter mountain of fire when una never see work.Go to the UK and US and see our own nigerian bluechip companies hold job fairs at graduation ceremonies(trying to recruit sound EMPLOYABLE foreign graduands)

Hello phantom.

Thank you for the compliment.

For Tiger to live up to 7 years (and counting) no doubt shows he has a very wonderful owner who takes very good care of him. I can understand the love you have for him and I know the bond cannot be expressed in words. Keep up the good work.

There are so many boerboel breeders and kennels out there in SA and most of them have websites, links and other social media platforms where they showcase their kennels and dogs. Different kennels have different dogs with different bloodlines and also different prices for their dogs. You could google them and check out the sites to see what combinations suit your tastes and budget.

Feel free to let me know if you need advice.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by lilfresh185(m): 10:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
will I get one of her pups if I get 60likes @lordregalia
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 10:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
lilfresh185:
will I get one of her pups if I get 60likes @lordregalia

Hello lilfresh185.

60 likes and some cool cash and you will definitely have one of her pups. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
Gabby91:
I just created an account to comment on this post. I have been a lurker on NL for ages (just reading and laughing). @Lordregalia, nice post. Just got a pup few months back (sis gave him to me), a lovely lhasa apso that suits my temperament to a tee. I just learned something from your post so thanks for that and keep sharing. I don't mind reading long post when I get to learn a thing or two.

Hello Gabby91.

What can I say? I am happy to have inspired you to finally cross over into NL. Like you, I was a lurker for quite some time until barely two months ago when i decided to make the jump.

Congratulations on your L'hasa pup. And more so for the fact that he suits your temperament. That alone is a challenge and you are pretty lucky in that regard. Here's hoping both you and your dog discover that joy and bond only pet owners can possibly understand.

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by lilfresh185(m): 10:37pm On Mar 30, 2016
kkk let make it 80likes with no cash, deal ends tomorrow 9pm ,,,are u in @lordregalia
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 10:40pm On Mar 30, 2016
lilfresh185:
kkk let make it 80likes with no cash, deal ends tomorrow 9pm ,,,are u in @lordregalia

Okay. 80 likes, no cash and a wire transfer. Deal. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Nobody: 10:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
viickerz:
this is the kind of op girls like... Watch them troop in and start gushin about how gentle, intelligent and smart he his... he has a car too ! and he lives in an estate and he can afford to import dogs !

This is the type of dude that most Nigerian girls are spending countless nights on mountains praying to meet..

@Lordregalia... you just scored yourself the admiration of girls here..

lemme go and buy my own dog too .. lol

grin grin grin grin grin Me I don't like him o, I can not even go over to his house with those things(girls) he keeps. I love dogs but anything Boerboel, Bull Dog, Dobberman and other hired killers I no dey do. Give me samoyed, German Shepherd, Caucasian Shepherd and we can talk.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by lilfresh185(m): 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
what do you mean by a wire transfer @lordregalia
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
pmadise:
Congratz LordRegalia, we made FP hahaha
You're a whisperer and and expect more of such tips from you biko

Yes we did pmadise. cheesy I never expected it. Or as that chap would say "I never experredit". cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hahahaha. I am not yet a whisperer, not by a long shot. There are many out there who are far better than I can ever hope to be. I am still learning and sharing. Hopefully, more posts and tips would follow soon.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 10:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

grin grin grin grin grin Me I don't like him o, I can not even go over to his house with those things(girls) he keeps. I love dogs but anything Boerboel, Bull Dog, Dobberman and other hired killers I no dey do. Give me samoyed, German Shepherd, Caucasian Shepherd and we can talk.

Hello Amusaopeyemi.

Great or small, all dogs are the same if you understand how to relate with them. Same principles for you to get to know them and same attributes of love, trust and loyalty they will give in return.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 10:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hello kalimera101.

It is all in the training and what you allow your dogs to do or not do. You need to teach Sarah the things she ought to know and the way you want her to grow.

If it is any consolation, Maya was really very destructive as well but only when bored or left alone for too long.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by ocheejemb: 10:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
Wow. I thought I understood dogs but this is amazing. Well done.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Nobody: 11:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
LordRegalia:

Hello Amusaopeyemi.

Great or small, all dogs are the same if you understand how to relate with them. Same principles for you to get to know them and same attributes of love, trust and loyalty they will give in return.
Hehehe I hear you, not a fan of big dogs. I'm like the size of a kitten. My ex once brought a Boerboel (Brutus) home for us to raise, I couldn't handle her at 5months, had to tell him to take him to his parents. Each time I see a man on my street walk his gigantic headed Boerboel with one hand on the leash and th other hand on the collar i'm always like "na so". The only good thing about those big dogs is the fact that you can use them to scare "NEPA Officials, Lawma officials and those things that bring land use charge bill as if they gave you money to build your house". My samoyed (snow) was the best. She was my everything. I could carry her, bath her, and give her her drugs easily. Early morning jogs was dope plus she was cute too. I could handle her with ease.

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by MaziOmenuko: 11:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
Read this first at shadow's diary and I was like...wow! Had to read it again today and it still made an interesting read.

Never knew a dog could be trained to walk without leach until I witnessed it firsthand at Osbourne estate, ikoyi. That mighty GSD, walking beside the owner always amazes me each time I see it. People just can't help but get intimidated into crossing the other side of the road each time he's approaching, while those conversant with the estate walk past it in the same direction and the dog just walks unperturbed.

Good one op, I still don't think I can achieve such when I finally get a dog.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Nobody: 11:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
souljaboi51:
Quite an interesting read. didnt realise how much dedication and commitment training takes embarassed

anyways meet roxanne cheesy

Is she a pitbull?
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by phantom(m): 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
LordRegalia:

Hello phantom.

Thank you for the compliment.

For Tiger to live up to 7 years (and counting) no doubt shows he has a very wonderful owner who takes very good care of him. I can understand the love you have for him and I know the bond cannot be expressed in words. Keep up the good work.

There are so many boerboel breeders and kennels out there in SA and most of them have websites, links and other social media platforms where they showcase their kennels and dogs. Different kennels have different dogs with different bloodlines and also different prices for their dogs. You could google them and check out the sites to see what combinations suit your tastes and budget.

Feel free to let me know if you need advice.

no problem boss. i appreciate. keep up the good work. nothing is as enjoyable as watching a dog grow up in a good home and with cool owners who treat their dogs like their best friend. a non dog owner wont understand the feeling it elicits.i am happy that in this country we still have good and RESPONSIBLE breeders. cheers again mate. smiley
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by busyfishing(m): 11:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
Next time if you are writing something this long it should be how to get Nigeria out her present economic situation..not about canines please..biko
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by callmemuzby(m): 11:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hey lord regalia. How about you tell me how to make my dog madly wicked instead....she's a boer/shepherd mix, three years old, only barks when she feels like, and very playful, infact na everybody be her friend. Is there anything i can give her to make her **viciously ferociously aggressive??
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by tdayof(m): 11:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nice write up.. I have a friend who walks a pit bull and boarboel off leash..
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by mitchyy(f): 11:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
LordRegalia:
Hello everyone.

This response is really for all those who for one reason or the other have a problem with reading the entire piece. Some things are not for everyone. It goes without saying, inasmuch as you do not have to read it, you also do not have make any comments on it. Nobody needs to know your opinions. Please take the time to find what interests you elsewhere, focus on it and leave this portion of the cyberspace for the audience for which it was originally intended.

Thank you.

I'll advise you ignore those comments. Some are even saying "I hate dogs". So why did you click on the topic? From the post title, its obvious its intended for dog lovers/owners, yet people would rather use the opportunity to display their poor mentality. Its just shameful to see how low our reading culture keeps sinking in Nigeria.

Anyway, i have a question pls. How do you correct a 2yr old lhasa when he misbehaves while walking him in public?
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 11:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
Amusaopeyemi:

Hehehe I hear you, not a fan of big dogs. I'm like the size of a kitten. My ex once brought a Boerboel (Brutus) home for us to raise, I couldn't handle her at 5months, had to tell him to take him to his parents. Each time I see a man on my street walk his gigantic headed Boerboel with one hand on the leash and th other hand on the collar i'm always like "na so". The only good thing about those big dogs is the fact that you can use them to scare "NEPA Officials, Lawma officials and those things that bring land use charge bill as if they gave you money to build your house". My samoyed (snow) was the best. She was my everything. I could carry her, bath her, and give her her drugs easily. Early morning jogs was dope plus she was cute too. I could handle her with ease.

There are not too many things more awesome or jaw-dropping than watching a kitten sized person walking, jogging with and handling a massive dog with ease. You should give it a try. You would be the cynosure of all eyes and no doubt your "wow factor" would skyrocket.

With my dogs, I have had quite a few interesting run-ins with Lastma and the like. The experience always leaves them a little more wise and a little less zealous.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by komododragons: 11:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
LordRegalia:
Hello everyone.

Thank you.
bros na your papa get NAIRALAND undecided

why you go talk like this!

you know you are becoming annoying by writing this stuff and that show the kind of person you are offline.

can't you just ignore them and continue your stuff instead of be writing jargons telling people to leave your portion.
you are a man but you think like a child if you don't know
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by remele2(f): 11:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
souljaboi51:
Quite an interesting read. didnt realise how much dedication and commitment training takes embarassed

anyways meet roxanne cheesy
Diz iz Ekuke
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 11:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
komododragons:
bros na your papa get NAIRALAND undecided
why you go talk like this!
you know you are becoming annoying by writing this stuff and that show the kind of person you are offline.
can't you just ignore them and continue your stuff instead of be writing jargons telling people to leave your portion.
you are a man but you think like a child if you don't know

Komododragons.

More than anything else, your comment speaks of the kind of person you really are.
Keep on making it obvious.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Feeds His Pet Python With Chickens!! ( Shocking Video) / Pet Hen In China Eats Metal Screws Daily (Pics, Video) / Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.