Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,483 members, 7,808,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash (48147 Views)

Ultimate Leash Training Guide : How To Train Your Dog (or Puppy) To Walk On A Le / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe / Guy Offers His Dog To Calabar People After It Ate His N4000 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
Seun:
I strongly disagree. If he doesn't know what's killing his dogs, he should stop getting dogs until he figures out what's going on.

I see your point Seun, but sometimes all it takes is a change of approach / attitude to dog ownership.

I am not saying this is the case with tivta, but more often than not you find people who, in the absence of ready answers, blame some oblivious neighbour for the death of their dogs simply because they are not in good terms with the said neighbour (and also because it is much easier for them to do so). Human nature always seeks to blame someone or something for the unknown.

A lot of times, dogs get sick and go unnoticed until they succumb and die because unlike humans, they do not "slow down" until the condition is critical and by this time it is usually too late. So many of these could have been prevented if the owners paid just a little more attention to the general welfare of the dogs.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 9:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
miremoses:
I'v leant so much on this..Thanks lord regalia for this wonderful post.

My pleasure miremoses. I am glad you found it useful.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by ataspray(m): 1:21am On Apr 02, 2016
MsGlobalwonder:
All these tantrums because they choose not to read a jargon meant for pet-lovers? Yadayada... so they should read that boring lenghty writeup abt dogs they can't stand? Everyone sha wanna have opinions as though they aren't Nigerian too. KMT undecided
People puzzle me! you see a topic, with the title clearly having to do with dogs (which you can't stand), then you jump into it to wail about the lengthiness of the write-up and how boring it is. Why did you click on it in the 1st place? Nigerians actually do not read, its glaringly obvious now...
Or did you not read the title of the thread before clicking ?

3 Likes

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by MsGlobalwonder(f): 8:49am On Apr 02, 2016
Is it that you don't understand context or you just can't comprehend the trend? I'm asking because I don't understand the reason for your rhetorical questions. I wasn't one of those complaining about the length of the post. I just find it silly for anyone to call others names for their actions and inactions. No one has any right to call others names please! I am not a pet lover, I didn't read the lengthy post and I didn't complain. Curiosity made me open the post to see if i'll find something captivating. I didn't, neither did I complain. It's still all shades of wrong to call people names. I read the things I need to read and i'm an authority in them all. Cheers.
ataspray:

People puzzle me! you see a topic, with the title clearly having to do with dogs (which you can't stand), then you jump into it to wail about the lengthiness of the write-up and how boring it is. Why did you click on it in the 1st place? Nigerians actually do not read, its glaringly obvious now...
Or did you not read the title of the thread before clicking ?
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by phantom(m): 3:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
say hi to my bestie......tiger! wink wink

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by AmenRa: 4:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
Wasn't Maneta the name of that bitchy Angolan that fought all contestants in the 2012 Big Brother Africa and eventually got sent off for fighting? How appropriate you had to call your mutt that. And you wonder why the bitch is feisty?
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by sssbala57: 5:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
I treat dog
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by bonetalk(m): 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
Well, i read everything. This will also be a good thread for me to follow just like that of shadow d destroyer. Good looking dogs u get there
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2016
phantom:
say hi to my bestie......tiger! wink wink

Hello phantom.

Tiger is a good looking chap. And a very lucky one too. I am always very happy whenever I see a senior dog that is not only looking good and healthy, but is also still with his first owner. It takes some serious love and dedication to keep a dog that long and still value it.

Keep up the good work.

3 Likes

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 8:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
AmenRa:
Wasn't Maneta the name of that bitchy Angolan that fought all contestants in the 2012 Big Brother Africa and eventually got sent off for fighting? How appropriate you had to call your mutt that. And you wonder why the bitch is feisty?

When the things gleaned off reality tv begin to form the basis of a generation's reasoning, then that society is doomed.

Maneta is a Spanish word with a deep meaning after which I named my dog. And she is very well living up to that meaning.

5 Likes

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 8:16pm On Apr 05, 2016
bonetalk:
Well, i read everything. This will also be a good thread for me to follow just like that of shadow d destroyer. Good looking dogs u get there

Thank you bonetalk. I really appreciate it.
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by okikiosibodu(m): 2:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
LordRegalia:

Hello Seun, layzie and mitchyy.

As requested, here are some photos of both ladies described in the post. I owe you guys some thanks, as I had to dig into my archives to locate some of these photos and came across lots of other photos and videos of my dogs that I did not even realize I still had. So, thank you.

Unfortunately, I do not have any photos of either of them being walked in public either on or off leash. That is a bit surprising considering that you do somethings everyday and yet take them for granted. I suppose I should make a mental note of taking photos of me walking my dogs at some point in time. If nothing else, for records purposes.

This first set of photos are of Maya, the calm and submissive female. The photos were taken sometime in 2012 when she was 7 months old. She passed on sometime in 2014. Still makes me sad. Very beautiful and well bred dog she was.

eeyah, am also sad . what was the cause of Maya' death
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2016
okikiosibodu:

eeyah, am also sad . what was the cause of Maya' death

It's a sad story I really hate to remember because it depresses me everytime I do. She suddenly fell ill and someone (not me) felt it was more prudent to self-medicate rather than calling the vets. She died suddenly after that.

I still do not know what was wrong with her as I was not there when it happened. A great loss and a senseless waste of a very well-bred dog.

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Eveezy(m): 6:00pm On Apr 21, 2016
Really nice writeup and very educative, plus damn! u have wonderful dogs, wow! am in love wit dem. sorry for asking dis, but are u still a bachelor? cos jealousy go wan kill ur wife ooo, all dis tym even at night just for ur dogs, ur wife will fight with u d next mrn oo. Most women DT can sabi jealous
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Eveezy(m): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2016
Really nice writeup and very educative, plus damn! u have wonderful dogs, wow! am in love wit dem. sorry for asking dis, but are u still a bachelor? cos jealousy go wan kill ur wife ooo, all dis tym even at night just for ur dogs, ur wife will fight with u d next mrn oo. Most women DT can like attention. And once again nice dogs, how many do u have in total? cos I do know u to ve black Boerboels nd diz are fawn, which means u ve dem plenty

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by muymacho: 7:06am On Apr 23, 2016
I have never owned a dog but I want one soon. I have done a little research and I am attracted to boerboel. what are the chances I will raise a well behaved dog and do I require intense training.

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
Eveezy:
Really nice writeup and very educative, plus damn! u have wonderful dogs, wow! am in love wit dem. sorry for asking dis, but are u still a bachelor? cos jealousy go wan kill ur wife ooo, all dis tym even at night just for ur dogs, ur wife will fight with u d next mrn oo. Most women DT can like attention. And once again nice dogs, how many do u have in total? cos I do know u to ve black Boerboels nd diz are fawn, which means u ve dem plenty

Hello Eveezy.

Thank you for the compliments. The dogs are products of patient and painstaking selection (after long searches) from very good and outstanding parents, in addition to total dedication to their care and well-being right from puppyhood. It feels good to watch your dogs blossom beautifully as you spend so much time and resources to ensure that you get it right with them.

I get asked your question so very often. My answer is always the same: A wise man sees an avoids trouble long before it even attempts to come his way. It would be foolish to go for a partner who does not share or appreciate your passion(s). That would be asking for trouble. My lady, like me is a great lover of dogs who totally understands the responsibilities involved in raising healthy, balanced and stable dogs. Thus jealousy is not and will never be an issue. Rather, the dogs are also family and the daily routines with them are now part of the lifestyle.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2016
muymacho:
I have never owned a dog but I want one soon. I have done a little research and I am attracted to boerboel. what are the chances I will raise a well behaved dog and do I require intense training.

Hello muymacho,

The boerboel is a great and powerful dog, very wonderful family companion and protector all rolled into one. It is a very good dog to own if you know what you are doing.

That said, seeing as you have never owned a dog, I would advise that you start with a small or medium sized breed of dog and use that as a first experience to learn about dogs in general and dog ownership in particular. It is a huge responsibility. The boerboel is really not advisable for a first time owner or inexperienced hand. It is fiercely loyal and protective and if not managed properly as regards obedience and control, could become a very serious problem for it's owner and the people around him / her.

Not that I totally expect you to heed this advise to start with a smaller dog, but if you do decide to start with a boerboel, please be sure beforehand that you do a lot of extensive research on the breed and how to raise / train one properly, to the point that the knowledge becomes second nature to you and you cannot go wrong.

All the best.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 14, 2016
Modified :Hello LordRegalia, please do respond to this message. I need your help with my dog. Could you add me up here (deleted) ?Would have posted my question here but it's rather personal. I could add you if I have your pin. Please reply soon. Thanks in advance.
Ps: no point in modifying it since it's been quoted. Lol
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by LordRegalia: 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2016
Gabby91:
Hello LordRegalia, please do respond to this message. I need your help with my dog. Could you add me up here 2B749C30? Would have posted my question here but it's rather personal. I could add you if I have your pin. Please reply soon. Thanks in advance.

Hello Gabby91.

Kindly send an email to regalboerboels@yahoo.com and let us see what we can do about your dog's problem.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 15, 2016
LordRegalia:

Hello Gabby91.

Kindly send an email to regalboerboels@yahoo.com and let us see what we can do about your dog's problem.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot. Mail sent
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by egorov(m): 11:58pm On Jul 15, 2016
At phronesis security and service dogs,we offer obedience training, guard dog training, show dog training, stud services, pup and adult dog sales, boarding and health management. contact phronesis security and service dogs today. We also provide home services for our extremely busy clients. Contact us on 07060661172 or 07087810854.
IG @phronesis_dogs
Bbm pin 593AE6A6. Let's help u raise a dog, not a beast. pls kindly rebroadcast. thanks
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by okikiosibodu(m): 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2016
I read this thread over and over again. Longing for when I'll walk a dog in public safely, without a leash. For now, I still exhaust myself from being dragged by well fed muscular Boerboels (I cannot come and go and die). I will definitely achieve this someday, its only a matter of time
Habakkuk 2: 2-3
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by olufemilite: 7:16pm On May 08, 2017
Ohooo... I came across this thread while trying to locate a vet around ajah... I'm seeing pinches of hair loss in my dog as seen in the pictures and it's giving me some concern. Tried reading up, I suspect mange any experienced advice?

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by younghartz(m): 12:38am On May 10, 2017
okikiosibodu:
I read this thread over and over again. Longing for when I'll walk a dog in public safely, without a leash. For now, I still exhaust myself from being dragged by well fed muscular Boerboels (I cannot come and go and die). I will definitely achieve this someday, its only a matter of time
Habakkuk 2: 2-3

I do walk my dogs off leash in public...
I will send a pix if I install operamini....its hard for me to upload a pix tru internet explorer
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by rumenase(m): 8:53am On May 10, 2017
younghartz:

I do walk my dogs off leash in public...
I will send a pix if I install operamini....its hard for me to upload a pix tru internet explorer

waiting eagerly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by younghartz(m): 7:45am On May 13, 2017
rumenase:

waiting eagerly

1 Like

Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by rumenase(m): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2017
Lord regalia come and give us update na. create thread anything thing at all
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2019
Nice use of black in this type =) smiley
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2019
rumenase:
waiting eagerly

wink
Re: How I Trained My Dog To Walk Off The Leash by okikiosibodu(m): 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2019
It was fun reading all through again from page 1 till the end, after about 3yrs. LoLordRegalia, kindly update us in your "girl"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Feeds His Pet Python With Chickens!! ( Shocking Video) / Pet Hen In China Eats Metal Screws Daily (Pics, Video) / Family Dog Kills Owner Injures Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.