Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,442 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:29 PM

Curious - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Curious (60280 Views)

The Curious Case Of Boda Meko (A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 2:03am On Jan 10, 2017

It felt good to come back home and to familiar surrounding. Adanna has been back for three days now and besides visit to her doctor, she had been indoor,she had clean,wiped and dusted everything she could lay her hands on. Since returning back to the house in Banana Island,she let go of the staffs not because she could not afford to pay them but because she couldn't pay them but she wanted to start everything afresh and once the
divorce is final,she will get herself a new place with furniture and staff she chose herself.

She had spoken with her lawyer on the phone and had been told that Samuel had agreed to settle and everything they own will be split in two and their house and everything in it will be sold and the money split between them,tho every jewellery he gave her when they were together will still belong her and that once everything was pushed through and signed then the divorce will be final. She had already hired a real estate
agent to find a house for her. Her phone rang to interrupt her thoughts
"Hello"

"Hi,Adanna its Tony Shogo you were on my show the Tony's show a while back"

"Yes,I know you. How have you been?"

"Am fine and you?"

"Better than expected"

"Okay,the reason am calling is to know if you will be free to be on my show on Friday,not as a guest but as a co host. Am having a round table conversation and I will like to be one of the personalities on it"

"What is the topic for discussion?"

"It's not really a topic but errm,I got this mail from someone who wants his wife to leave her job and be a full time housewife or that she should get another job that's less time consuming so they could try and raise a
family but she refused because according to her,she currently has her dream job and doesn't want to leave it. So basically the discussion would just be us saying our views on the matter, whether or not she is right and state our reasons"

"Tony, you know am a big fan of yours but I don't really think am the right person to discuss matters like this,how can I talk about someone's marriage
when mine failed it just doesn't sound right"

"Adanna we are not talking about how to keep a marriage or not basically we are focused on whether the lady is right to keep her dream job instead of
getting something less time consuming to start a family with her husband that's all"

"I really don't know Tony"

"Adanna stop this victim storyline its beyond crazy,your husband stepped out on your marriage and you divorced his sorry ass end of story,besides you should be the best person to talk about this after all its an open secret that your soon to be ex husband never allowed you to work so basically you have more insights in this matter than any of us"

"Hmmm,you know what lemme think about it and get back at you"

"Okay,I will like to know your answer by tomorrow so I should whether am to find someone else for the spot"

" okay I will"

"Be strong and hang in there, they are a lot of us out here who are rooting for you"

"Thanks, I appreciate it" the line went dead. She sighed and went back to her cleaning. That night she got a visit from Susan,ever since her ordeal they have become close friends,before now they only spoke on few occasions and most times it had to do with Adams but now their friendship was way deeper than that. They cooked dinner together and ate and then they talked
about different things including the call she got earlier from Tony,Susan felt it was a good platform to use to get back out there,her fans will know she is back and it will also help publicize her blog. Well seeing how she
had nothing to loose,she decided to accept,she called Tony and told him so.

When Susan left,she went upstairs to her room,carried her laptop from her table and sat on the bed. She logged on to her site and stared at her screen for a long time,she decided to change her blog's layout. She chose
red because it felt fierce and that's what she wanted to represent. She updated new stories and surfed the net for things she felt will interest her readers. She was about logging off when a little voice in her head told
her to try something new,she stared at her screen for a while and then hesitated for a bit but went ahead to post pictures from her vacation and even gave a review for the hotel and her tour. She was about updated when
on second thoughts she decided to make it a new segment on her blog and asked her readers to share their own pictures and reviews from vacations.
She chose the name Adz Travels for the section. Adz from her name Adanna,she didn't want to use Ad's because she felt it was too boring. She
checked her wall clock and discovered it was 4am,she decided to call it quits,she turned off her laptop and went to sleep.

The response to Adz travels was great,a lot of people commended it,even the hotel posted her review on their website and social media pages which led
to mad traffic for her blog. She has been getting a lot of responses and even some people were already sending in their pictures and reviews which she has been posting on her blog regularly. She continued posting all the
regular things her blog was known for and have even started to add new materials, she now posted about food,which included cooking tips,healthy meals and also good restaurants where one can get affordable but good food although she wrote about pricey places that their food was to die for too,she also started posting about fashion,where she gave tips on her to dress and how to match different pieces of clothing and still look good and also contacted some stylists who always sent her the latest or hottest trends which she updated for her readers to see. She let her readers also send pictures of their own unique styles,this seem to be a hit amongst the ladies because her emails were filled with pictures from them tho some guys sent theirs too.

Today she was appearing on the Tony's show. She walked to her closet and peep through,trying to figure out what to wear,earlier in the week she had given all her clothes to charity and changed her wardrobe. She had not done this because she was the most generous person but because she was on her way to recovery and all her former clothing had been purchased by Samuel,he always decided what she should and could wear so now that she had her independence she decided to buy clothes she actually liked and fancied. She even changed her hairstyle to faux locks,it has always been something she wanted to try but Samuel never let her,in his words she wouldn't look like
the wife of a respected individual in the society rather she will look like a rascal or drug lord's girlfriend. Well she didn't look like that she thought with a smirk. She picked out a black jumpsuit and paired it with a
red pair of stiletto heeled boot and carried a small purse. Once she was dressed and her makeup on point,she stepped out and headed for the studio.

"I don't think she should leave her job because her husband said,if and when she decides to leave,it should be because she wants to and not because she is being told to do so" said Adanna

"I disagree with you on that Adanna,you see this not him ordering her,its him suggesting for her to find something less time consuming so they can start a family. I mean what's wrong with that?" Said Chigozie Obi,he was a
TV presenter and one of the panelist. The others were Mimi Sanders an actress,Heather Olu a marriage counsellor and Tony the host

"No,it states clearly that's her dream job which means she has been wishing and dreaming for this job for a long time,am not saying starting a family is not important but if they really want to they can still start one and both will keep their jobs" she replied

"I agree with Adanna on the dream job thing,like if she leaves this job for a family and not because she really wants to then the man better be ready because with very little thing of obstacle she face,she is going to blame
it on her leaving her job and trust me no marriage will last if one spouse keeps blaming the other or feel they are entitled to something because of a sacrifice they have made" Heather chipped in

Tony stepped in at this point "so basically the ladies feel she shouldn't give up the job if she doesn't want to?"

"Yes" Adanna and Heather chorused

"But you need to get the man's perspective too,I mean is it too much to ask your wife for a favour so you guys can start your own little family" he added

"Yes I agree with you,exactly my point this whole time" Chigozie added

"You guys should stop this whole Alpha male thing, he met at her job,he courted her still at her job even went as far as getting married to her at the same job but now he wants her to leave it. Does that make sense even to
you? I mean let's be real here,its not like they will fire her if she gets pregnant or something,she can take in,give birth go on leave and then return later and believe me no matter how time consuming her work is she
will find time for her child. For goodness we all heard when Tony read the man's mail,in no part did he say his wife is not giving him any attention,if she can make time for him,she sure as hell can make time for other
things" Adanna added

"And you will know this how? Seeing that you have a failed marriage and you don't even have a child,how can u give advice when you clearly need help too" said Mimi,who was just speaking for the first time. The whole station stood still after that comment,it felt like people were even scared to breath. Adanna turned and faced her before replying

"You are older than me yet you are not married"

"Yes,that's because am taking my time and don't want to end up a sorry case like you"

"Taking your time indeed,girl we all know you are being tossed around by every male in the industry so why don't you wait until you have been married for a while at least before you compare notes with me and I can only pray that giving your history as being the the number one industry hoe and mattress,I can only hope your white blood cells would be able to fight all the battles they will soon encounter and just so you know,I might have
a broken marriage but I sure as hell don't have a broken fist,say shit to me again and my fist will reply" turning back to the audience she continued "back to what we were discussing.........."

Her ringtone woke her up,she answered the call "hello"

"Lord,babe when did you get that hard,I mean I was just cheering for you while you drag that thing for all she is worth. Mama you have been trending on twitter since last night"

Hearing the accent she started to laugh "really Thomas, you wake me up very early in the morning for this?"

"Yup cos am so proud of my baby girl,I think you need to pay me because we both know that the former wouldn't say that,geez you cursed on national TV girl,if my influence is not rubbing on you then I don't know what it is"

"It has nothing to do with you, am just fed up"

"If you say so. I love the way you have upgraded your blog its dope"

"Yeah its part of the fed up program"

"Okay but hope you are good? And between how is lover boy?"

"Am not having this conversation with you, right now what I need is sleep so go find a chore or something then call me back when you know human beings are awake" she ended the call then switched off her phone,chuckling she went back to sleep.

That day,she had calls from everyone who had her number,Susan even came around with a bottle of champagne because according to her,the new Adanna
needed to be celebrated. Later in the evening,Adams took her out for dinner at a cozy new restaurant in Lekki,she made note to feature the place next
time she was posting on her blog. She took pictures of the place and the food before she began to eat and catch up with Adams since she hadn't seen
him for close to a month now,they talked about a lot of issues including his unborn child who will soon be delivered any moment from now.

Adams drove in silence,Adanna was slumped on her seat snoring lightly,he turned to look at her and then use his right hand to caress her face gently so as not to wake her . Tho the evening had been exciting and fun but deep within him,he could feel her pulling away from him,he couldn't really pinpoint why or how but his guts were telling him so and they have never been wrong.

N.B that's all I can type this night,pls y'all just have to understand am writing exams right now,I will finish on the 4th of February. I don't want to promise any update but if I can I will. Xo

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 2:07am On Jan 10, 2017
ladySuperb:
je---++sos!!!!! 60 marks biti bawo

My dear the thing weak me too shocked embarassed kiss
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 8:31pm On Jan 11, 2017
Is it everywhere that Glo network is having and issue? Because in makurdi we have not had service for like a week now
Re: Curious by Missmossy(f): 8:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
paulaspearz:
Is it everywhere that Glo network is having and issue? Because in makurdi we have not had service for like a week now
So many people have been complaining about it. Guess its that bad.
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 7:47pm On Jan 12, 2017
Missmossy:

So many people have been complaining about it. Guess its that bad.

Yeap,I guess lemme just switch back to my airtel sharply
Re: Curious by ladySuperb(f): 5:17am On Jan 13, 2017
paulaspearz:

Yeap,I guess lemme just switch back to my airtel sharply
Switch it back sharp sharp!
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 4:28pm On Jan 14, 2017
ladySuperb:
Switch it back sharp sharp!

Lol yes mama angry shocked cool embarassed kisscheesy
Re: Curious by Lolsd: 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
I love dis part!-!! I guess I owe u for updating early.
Re: Curious by Lolsd: 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
I love dis sassy adanna .... I just hope she is not leaving adams bcuz of thomas .
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 4:28pm On Jan 15, 2017
Lolsd:
I love dis sassy adanna .... I just hope she is not leaving adams bcuz of thomas .

Lolsd:
I love dis part!-!! I guess I owe u for updating early.

Lol thank you
Re: Curious by kejibabe(f): 6:18pm On Jan 21, 2017
nice one bro. i want to believe from February 5 , we should be expecting regular updates. wish u success in ur exams
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 10:43am On Jan 23, 2017
kejibabe:
nice one bro. i want to believe from February 5 , we should be expecting regular updates. wish u success in ur exams

thanks alot,i hope so too btw am female lol
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 11:47am On Feb 09, 2017
Am finally through with my exams tho am currently undergoing my IT at the state's radio station. Will soon start updating.

1 Like

Re: Curious by Lolsd: 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2017
@ pauplaspearz I am dancing shoki.......!
Re: Curious by babyface224(f): 7:51pm On Feb 18, 2017
thank God oh! #smiles
Re: Curious by zoey4(f): 12:07am On Feb 21, 2017
paulaspearz:
Am finally through with my exams tho am currently undergoing my IT at the state's radio station. Will soon start updating.
Babe pls try and consider us naw. we are tired of waiting

1 Like

Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 9:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
zoey4:

Babe pls try and consider us naw. we are tired of waiting

i have not updated becos am currently typing the remaining chapters so i will upload them at once,pls be patient am just left with two chapters and then its a wrap

1 Like

Re: Curious by heemah(f): 9:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
paulaspearz:

i have not updated becos am currently typing the remaining chapters so i will upload them at once,pls be patient am just left with two chapters and then its a wrap
Ok ooo.we are impatiently waiting sha grin grin

1 Like

Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 9:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
Lolsd:
@ pauplaspearz I am dancing shoki.......!

make sure u dab too oo
Re: Curious by smizel(m): 11:23pm On Feb 21, 2017
Praise God o. Madam paula spear, apy new year. Aw are ur papers. Abeg, make ur updates to be lengthy ooo.
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 3:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
babyface224:
thank God oh! #smiles

Lol how re u doing?
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 3:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
smizel:
Praise God o. Madam paula spear, apy new year. Aw are ur papers. Abeg, make ur updates to be lengthy ooo.

Same to u,my papers were fine,no fear am updating everything
Re: Curious by ucheclub(m): 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2017
paulaspearz:

Same to u,my papers were fine,no fear am updating everything

please update all once
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2017
ucheclub:

please update all once

Yeah that's the plan
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 8:22pm On Mar 03, 2017
I will be updating the final two chapters tonight grin grin angry sad
Re: Curious by do4luv14(m): 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
paulaspearz:
I will be updating the final two chapters tonight grin grin angry sad
dats will b great,
keeping glued to ma fo,e tuo
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 10:49pm On Mar 03, 2017
Chapter 29

"Hello"

"Hello Mr Samuel,the boss wants to see you in five minutes time in his office"

"Okay" and then the line went dead. Breathing uneasily Samuel wondered what his boss wanted with him,all the years he had been working for the company he had never met Mr Rotimi Eko the owner of his firm. Mr Eko was always the first to arrive and the last to leave the building everyday and the few workers who have seen him tell the tale like its a legend. Every one in the
office calls him "the boss" because not only does he call all the shots in the firm but because he seem to know everything that is going on with the staff even if such matters don't happen in the office, its like he has the
key to all knowledge or something and he never hesitates to fire any erring staff that goes against any of his policies whether the act was carried within or outside the office.

He wondered what the boss wanted with him. He stood and put on his suit jacket that he had earlier been resting on the arm of his chair. He walked out of his office briskly and went to the elevator and hit the button for the top floor,as the elevator slowly moved upward,he kept on arranging his clothing,he adjusted his tie till he wasn't breathing properly and left it alone and the elevator door opened and he walked nervously across the hallway and walked up to the secretary who promptly told him they were waiting for him inside. It was on the tip of his tongue to ask what she meant by they but he was to tensed to do anything but walk towards the door
like a robot. He tapped the door lightly before he opened the door and stepped into the spacious office. He soon discovered the they she was earlier referring to was the boss and the CFO who was seating down while Mr Eko was standing by the side of his desk with a glass in his hands,he motioned for Samuel to sit down as he also too his seat and placed his hands on his desk.

"You have been a very dedicated and I most commend you for that because its not everyday you see young and dedicated men like yourself"

"Thank you sir" he replied

"Even when you were involved in that public debacle I turned a blind eye because I believed for someone who has contributed immensely to the growth of this company, it will be wrong for me to judge you based on your personal affairs and let's not forget that somehow my son Adams was tangled in that situation yet I chose to ignore it and stick with you"

"Yes sir,I know that sir,thank you sir and may God........"

Cutting him short "That's not why I invited you to my office young man,I just wanted you to know that your personal life had nothing to do with my decision, your
employment with this firm has been terminated but because of your dedication to the company I will let you resign and should you get a job somewhere else you can always come to me for a referral "

At first it sounded like a joke to him and he laughed and then seconds later the impact of the words were clear to him and he laughed even harder and seized abruptly like it started. He wasn't sure whether to beg for his job or just cry,true,he has been making plans to leave the company but he was not yet financially buoyant to float his own company. He looked from the boss to the CFO and nodded his head and walked out.

"I hate to see someone with so much potential just go like that" the boss said

"You had no choice,his personal life and choices has began to bite the company's tail and we have a lot of clients who threatened to pull the plug on their accounts with us if he was on it....." placing a hand on his
shoulders he continued "Sometimes I wonder why you have such a soft spot for that young man"

Looking up at his CFO and bestfriend for over three decades "That my friend is something I really don't understand myself,maybe its because anytime I see that young man,he represents everything I wanted my son to be" he picked up his pen and started on documents in front of him "Make sure you tell everyone involved in this project that I will like to see a presentation by Friday" he said as he handed the documents to his CFO.

Samuel felt like he was walking on coals with each step he took to his office. When he was finally in his office,he closed the door and leaned against it wondering when and how his life got to this point,so everything he has worked for was just down the drain like that. How on earth was he going to get another job,who on earth will believe he resigned from his job,a lot of people will kill for his position and somehow he is suppose to act like he wanted to give it up. He moved across to his desk and started arranging his belongings,he might as well begin before he is chased out of the building. Once he was through with arranging his things,he sat down and
drafted his resignation letter. Soon he was through with everything and after handing his letter over,he took his things and left the building without uttering a word to anyone.

Adanna was going through her email when her phone rang,she checked the caller ID but it was an unknown number "hello" she said

"Hey babes wassup"

"Lord,Thomas how many numbers do you have?"

"Is that how to reply a friend you haven't heard from in a while huh?"

"Gerrout joor,this one you are calling me,I hope am save?"

"Yeah,for now tho. I will be coming to Nigeria next week...."

"Wow that's good news,I hope you bring a lot of goodies with you" she said cutting him short

"Yes I will and am calling you to let you know that I will be staying at your place"

"My what? Did I ever tell you I run a hotel or something,if you are going to stay at my place be prepared to do some house chores too"

"That's no problem,I can scrub your back,even apply your cream. That's enough chores right?"

"You are crazy. Just let me know your flight details before hand so I can come pick you up"

"Alright shawty I will keep you posted. Hope you are good tho?"

"Yes,I am"

"How bout lover boy?"

"He is fine too, I will ask about your significant other but I don't I want to know the model you are currently frolicking with"

"When you put it like that you make it sound like I am a bad person but if you are really interested in my love life I will let you know they are about three models currently and some other ladies I can't remember their names"

"You are so unbelievable,you know that right?"

Chuckling he replied "yeah you just told me now. So we'll talk some other time alright. I will text you about my flight details soon. Take care"

"Yeah you too" and the line went dead. She focused her attention to her mails and continued sorting out the ones she wanted to use.

Kylie was preparing a bath for the baby when she heard Samuel's car drive in. She looked at the clock and it was too early for him to be home,maybe he forgot something or came back to eat,he usually did that sometimes. She
focused her attention on little Samuel as she bath him and then dressed him. Lifting him up she said "My little prince is ready for his bottle now" and all she got from him was a discontented squawk. "Okay,Mr hungry man
let's go get your bottle" she rocked him on her hip as she walked down the stairs to the kitchen to get his bottle. As soon as she retrieved the
bottle from the microwave and sat down on kitchen stool by the counter,she fed him. Sam took the nipples of the bottle into his mouth,sucking greedily while his feet were drumming against her forearm. Samuel staggered in reeking of alcohol "did you not hear me when I called you earlier?" he screamed at her "I have been home for half an hour now and you still haven't given me my food,do you expect to starve or something" he continued

"Well as you can see,am taking care of little Sam and will attend to you as soon as am finished"

"So am suppose to wait for you to take your time your Majesty before I can eat in my own house?"

"Look don't put words in my mouth,I had a really stressful day at the office and if you are really that hungry you can as well dish your food, after all your hands function too"

"Are you speaking back at me?"

"Well since little Sam is not capable of understanding all I have been saying that leaves just one other person here don't you think?"

"Are you talking to me in that tone woman?" He said as he walked towards her and gripped her arms and started twisting it while she struggled and winced in pains "I don't hear your sharp mouth anymore,I guess you are just a loud mouth with an empty brain" he dropped her suddenly and knocked off the bottle from little Sam's mouth to the ground "now you can clean that up" and walked away. Little Sam let out a loud wail and she began to rock him while she gentle murmured to him and soon he was settled and fast asleep. She carried him to his nursery and placed him in his cot and sat
beside him while she sobbed quietly.
After she cleaned the messed in the kitchen,she went upstairs and found Samuel fast asleep on the chair,she wanted to wake so he will move to the bed but decided against and went to bed.

Samuel woke up with hangover,he had is bath and went downstairs for breakfast. He found Kylie in the kitchen fussing over the baby,which seem to be the only thing she does these days. He ignored her and prepared a cup
of tea for himself, leaning on the counter and sipping his tea slowly he spoke to no one in particular "I got fired from work yesterday."

Kylie stared at him disbelief "what did you do?" She asked

"I got married to you" he replied

Chuckling she continued "and what has that got to do with you getting fired"

"Well if you must know a lot of clients no longer want me to have anything to do with their accounts and some even went as far as threatening to dump the company if they don't let go of me"

"But that is like working in your favour right? You already starting your own firm maybe this is just the push you needed"

"Can't read the handwriting on the wall? Nobody wants to work with me, if they can't stand me now that am under someone and there is a bunch of people on the team,how do you expect them to work with just me,huh tell me.Am screwed both ways..." he placed his empty mug on the counter "and to think that just a year ago I had the perfect life but then comes Eve to mess everything up"

"Don't you think its a little to late to play the whole victim card,I never once went after you and don't try to pretend that you weren't chasing up and down so please wear your big boy shorts on and think about ways you can
provide for your family and stop this pity party baby thing, you are a man so start acting like one,you better go out there and get a job or don't come back to this house or else......"

"Or else what will happen" he said as he approached her "tell me what will happen woman?" he pulled the stool she was sitting on and both her and the baby landed on the floor and little Sam started to cry "do you see what you have done to your son? Don't take your anger on us no one asked you to act a fool and lose your job,just because you think...." he didn't let her finish the sentence as he kicked her on her ribs "yes,go on woman" and
continued to kick her and when she tried to use the child to cover herself,he hit her at the other side that was free "you don't have anything to say? Huh?"

Kylie laid there while he kept hitting her, she was done trying to cover herself because that just made him hit her someplace else. She was done screaming too,she just laid there numb as he executed his blows on her. She heard little Sam screaming his little lungs out but she just laid there. He must have gotten tired and left her alone but it was all blurry to her and little Sam must have gotten tired of crying because he was sleeping quietly beside her. Seeing his little angelic face just released all the tears that she had been holding back,she just laid there and sobbed until she fell asleep but was was woken up by cries from the baby.

Adanna was at Stories with Adams,Susan,Thomas and a model he introduced to them as Zee. It was Thomas last night in Nigeria so they all went out to celebrate and it was also Susan's birthday so it was a double celebration. They were all having fun and chatting amongst themselves when Susan's phone rang and excused herself from the group

"Hey,lil sis wassap?"

"Happy birthday sweetheart"

"Thanks a lot dear"

"Mehn,where are you its noisy"

"Am at a club,you know Stories right? am here with the whole gang. You know what,you should come on over,I mean I hardly ever see you now that you are mummy. Speaking of which,how is my nephew?"

"He is fine,he is asleep tho"

"Then what's stopping you. Head over here now. After all you now have hired help that will take care of him if he wakes up"

"But I don't think I can leave him alone"

"Common sis,do this for me. Its my birthday I deserve to be selfish today"

"Alright you win,I will be there in an hour tops"

"Okay,I will keep a slice of cake for you"

"Alright,till I get there"

"Love you"

"Me too" Susan ended call and went back to join the rest.

Kylie dropped the phone on the bed and placing her hands on her hips,thinking about what to wear. She moved to her closet and started selecting different items. She finally decided on one. She quick shower and
changed into her party clothes and was doing her makeup when Samuel staggered in. For the past month that seem to be his MO,he leaves the house
in the morning and comes back drunk,sometimes he is so drunk,he falls asleep almost immediately he touches the bed and other times he picked a fight with her and ends up using her as his punching bag like he was
preparing for a boxing match or something. She ignored him and continued with her makeup

"Where are going dressed like that?" She heard behind her

"Out, to Susan's birthday"

"Wow, okay" he replied and sat down on the bed.
She was surprised, he did not try to start a fight or something, she paused waiting for him to begin but since it wasn't forthcoming she continued with
her makeup and soon she was done. As she stood up to go out,he also stood up

"Errm,is there a problem?" She asked

"Nope"

"Then what is it?"

"Nothing, you said you were going to your sister's birthday party since am your husband it makes me family do we might as well proceed"

She stared at him with so much hate but he didn't flinch,she hissed and stormed out and he was right behind her. As soon as she got into her car he
was already at the passenger side knocking and she had no choice but to open the door for him and he entered grinning at her like a kid who just got a present. They drove in silence and there were moments when she wanted to turn the car around and head back home but the promise she made to her sister was the only thing holding her back. She parked the car and they
came down then proceeded to the building. As soon as she stepped in VIP section she was greeted with a lot of cheers and giggles from her pals. She had even forgotten a lot of these ladies existed,she forced herself to smile

"Hi girls,long time" she said and got chorused answers from them with some nodding their heads in agreement.

"Yeah that's true, I see you came with your husband"said Essie Of course that fool will be the one to speak first,she forced a smile on her face and replied " actually am not here to hangout with you girls today, its my sisters birthday and we are here to celebrate with her
"Oh my bad,I saw her earlier,she is at the other end with your husband's ex wife. To be honest I never you guys were in talking terms especially with all the media brouhaha and all that"

"There is a lot of things you don't know about my family" and turning to the other girls "goodnight ladies,I will see you some other time" and walk away. She could not believe her sister was with Adanna and did not mention.
She was about to turn around and leave when her eyes got her sister's and she waved at her. She had no choice but to walk over to them and Samuel was behind her like a bodyguard. "Hello guys" she said as she to their table.
She sat beside her sister and Samuel sat beside her. Everyone just became quiet and stared at them and they stared back. It seemed people from the other tables noticed too because of everyone was looking at them.

"This is really awkward"Samuel said and pick a bottle of champagne from the table and started drinking from it.
" What's awkward is you showing your face here,who even invited you" said Adams

"I invited myself,last time I checked it was my sister in law's birthday and not yours so mister shut up" he slurred his words in response

"You know what am done,I can't sit with this thing" he said and stood up

"Where are you going to Daddy's boy,now that you can't have your daddy do your dirty work you want to runaway like the fool you are"

Adams who was already leaving turned around and threw a punch at Samuel who in turn returned the favour and a tussle began and soon bottles were flying and Thomas and some other guys were trying to break the fight,everything was just happening so fast and the security men came and they were asked to leave.
As soon as they got outside,Kylie dragged Samuel towards her and they left while the rest of them entered Adam's car.

"Adams give me the keys,I don't think you can drive in the mood you are in" Thomas said,reaching out for the keys and climbed into the driver's seat while Adams walked over to the passenger seat and buckled himself in.

"The worst birthday party ever" Susan laughed a tight little laugh and look around at everyone in the car

"Am so sorry,I let my emotions got the best of me" Adams turned around to face them "just seeing him there,just brought back all those memories and
couldn't control myself"

"He had a lot of nerves coming there truth be told" Thomas chipped in

"Adanna,how are you holding up,you have been quiet the whole time"

Susan placed an arm around her shoulders "see me being selfish talking about my birthday forgetting all about you,am sorry, I never should have invited Kylie,I didn't even think about how you will feel sef"

"Am okay,like for real I am"

"I would give you a piece of my cake now but it seems like we forgot it at the club" laughed Susan

"Seeing him today,I don't know why but I didn't feel anything at all. Its like...like..I don't know what I expected to feel or something but I was just blank" she paused as everybody turned and was staring at her "for real,I mean it am fine".

"Yeah you better be" Thomas said

"Thomas watch out" Zee screamed. They all turned their attention to the road and saw a truck heading towards them at full speed and everything went dark.
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
do4luv14:

dats will b great,
keeping glued to ma fo,e tuo

Lol good for you
Re: Curious by paulaspearz(f): 11:25pm On Mar 03, 2017
Chapter 30

Adanna was sitting on the side of her bed with a nurse holding her while a doctor checked her.

"You are lucky" he said

"You think? I feel like my body has been dragged on the floor for hours"

"But you don't have any visible injuries tho we are still waiting on the results from your scan to ascertain if you are okay "

"What about my friends"

"Well,like I said you are lucky,one of the ladies that came in with you is dead,the other one is yet to regain consciousness tho her injuries are not that extreme,she has bruises and her knee had to be operated on. For the
men that came in with you are not so lucky their injuries include concussion, ruptured spleen,collapsed lungs,lacerations around the head and face,bruising in the rib and chest area tho they had successful surgeries
but they are not in good shape.

" I will like to see them...please"

"That can be arranged but it will be after your nap,so please rest for a bit and later you can go and see your friends." The doctor and the nurse help her to stretch out on the bed.

*****Months later *********

The past weeks were bittersweet for Adanna. She discovered Zee had died on the spot. Susan had regain consciousness and had been discharged. Adams too
had been discharged tho he still needed a cane to walk. Thomas on the hand was not so lucky he,from the accident he had sustained traumatic brain injury or like the doctor explained to her an acquired brain injury which had been caused by impact on his head from the accident.

Because of his injury the frontal and temporal lobes of his brain and the major speech and language areas were damaged and these resulted in communication difficulty for him. He also could not walk nor balance himself and had coordination difficulties. He had chronic pains including headaches,fatigue and sleep difficulties. It was difficult for her anytime she was in room, keeping him company. Just watching him lie there and thinking about the way he used to be,how full of life he was and all the plans he future and his dreams made her so sad. The doctor had earlier told her they was little they could do but can only hope for the best.

She had never prayed as much as she did these past few weeks. She always prayed for a miracle to come,to bring Thomas back to the promising young man he used to be. A miracle did happen but it wasn't the one she had hoped for, Thomas had died in his sleep the
night before. She felt bad but was consoled in the fact that he wouldn't go through all those pains anymore and she was sure that wherever his soul was that it was in peace.

They had a quiet burial for him and it was just Adanna,Adams,Susan and Kylie that were in attendance. Adams had even dedicated his showcase to Thomas and every proceed from that night had been given to a charity that is involved with Acquired brain injuries. Adanna had also written a piece on it on her blog to raise awareness amongst her readers.

Samuel was watching football while drinking his tenth beer for that day when the doorbell rang. The maid ran to get the door and ushered Susan in. He looked up at her,hissed and returned his focus to his football match.

"Hey sis welcome,you came a right time just some few minutes and the food will be ready" Kylie hugged her

"Hope the food will be sweet?" She asked

"Sure thing,lemme check on the food"

"Wait lemme come with you,we can gist as you dish the food"

"Okay" they both walked to kitchen and Kylie focused on watching the food while Susan leaned on the counter

"Have you ever thought about walking away?"

"Walking away from what?"

"This sham you call a marriage"

"Who told you that and why will I want out?"

"You tell me,am not stupid you know,I have noticed the way you shy from family gatherings and I have also noticed that my sister who always found the slightest reason to strip or be half naked, all of a sudden wear long sleeves even when its a hundred degrees and let's not talk about...."

"Am now a mother, I can't be dressing like I used to"

"Don't tell me that crap,you are just in denial like every other woman who is being abused. If you won't leave for yourself then leave do it for your son"

"Susan can we not talk about this right now" she started dishing the food into plates.

"Then when are we going to talk about it? Is that Samuel's food?" Pointing at a plate in front of her "Lemme take it to him" she offered

"With the mood you are in,hell no,I will take it myself" she picked the plate and walked out "Susan please get a beer from the fridge for me" she called out. Susan took the drink,opened it and took it to them. The maid
arranged the table and Kylie,Susan and little Sam ate together. After the meal,Susan insisted on taking them out and also asked the maid to join them,they left Samuel at home with his drink and the television.

Kylie couldn't remember the last time,she had this much fun. They had gone to the park and it had been real interesting,especially watching little Sam take his first steps. It was almost getting dark,so they decided to return home,since they all came in Susan's car,she drove them back. No sooner had they entered before she heard the maid scream from the sitting room and
they ran there only to find Samuel slumped on the ground with foam by the side of his mouth. They quickly rushed him to a nearby hospital but he pronounced dead on arrival.

Adanna walked into Susan's office. "Hey you madam"

"Hey Adanna,how are you doing?" She walked around her desk to hug her

"Am fine" she said and took a seat while Susan returned to her desk

"So what brings you to my boring office, I swear I can count on one hand the number of times you have been here"

"Just checking on you,how are you and how was the burial?"

"Am fine,the burial was okay and my sister is doing just fine tho I must admit its more good riddance than sorrow for any of my family member"

"Am sure and I believe they should have you thank for that"

"Errm, I don't understand"

"Susan there is no need to pretend with me,I have lived and known Samuel for a long time and the reason for his death don't add up plus there is also the fact that the woman who crashed your marriage also died in a similar fashion"

"That's just coincidence"

"Yeah it could be but I no better than that and no am not judging you,lord knows if I had half your heart I probably would have done worst. I just want to thank you for ridding the world of two scumbags. There is a part of
me that wants to know how you did it but I will rather not know"

"Are you sure about that? Not that I am admitting to anything just so you know"

"Yes am sure,tho I wonder how ex husband is still alive"

"Oh,he was enough not to eat or drink anything from me. Not that I do anything to that foods and drinks I give to people,just so we are clear"

Adanna chuckled "I will remember not to consume anything from you anytime I piss you off" she stood up "I guess I will see you around" and walked out.

Susan watched her leave and smiled,the one thing all this disasters had done for her was to give her a best friend and sometimes she felt like she had known Adanna all her life.

Adanna climbed into her car still laughing with herself. Her life so far has definitely been a journey, so many ups and downs but looking at it right now,she doubt she will change a thing. She glanced at her ring finger
where the beautiful engagement ring Adams had proposed to her with shone. She didn't want a big wedding this time around and she needed to hasten
things up because her visit to her doctor last week confirmed that she was six weeks pregnant. She hoped the baby will be a boy so she can call him Thomas. So many things to wish and hope for but for now she is thankful and just living in the moment.

She doesn't know what the future might throw at
her but she is damn sure that she is ready and strong enough for anything. She put her key in the ignition and started the car and drove away from all the sorrows and darkness into the promise of light and love.

1 Like

Re: Curious by ladySuperb(f): 4:39am On Mar 04, 2017
WOW!!!

lovely story.... paulasperz thanks so much for the update!! kisses ;DWOW!!!

lovely story.... paulasperz thanks so much for the update!! kisses

1 Like

Re: Curious by tusinsola(f): 5:15am On Mar 04, 2017
Finally! Finally!! Finally!!!.xoxo happy for Adams and Adanna.Felt sad when bubbling Thomas died it's such a pity.for Samuel he bit more than he could chew and his life was abruptly cut short by Susan.For Kylie she got what she deserves .At any rate everybody learnt their lessons.
Madam Paulaspearz this is an eye opener story and i wouldnt mince words to say Thiis is a biggg piece.Keep it up.Enough of staying in an an abusive marriage to avoid story that touch.Looking forward to another spellbound and captivating story from you.Shalom.
Re: Curious by smizel(m): 7:58am On Mar 04, 2017
very interesting. Miss paulaspearz

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"I'm" Or "Am" - Why Are We Such Careless Users Of The English Language? / DARK MYSTERIES: SEASON 1 / Oyeku:story Of Lust,injustice, Destiny And Human Wickedness, 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.