Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

"How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" (25024 Views)

A Man Saved My Name As "Afang Soup" After I Cooked For Him - Lady Cries Out / How Torn Chicken Noodle Spice Nearly Ended My Relationship - Lady Shares Story / How 5 Ladies Gang-raped Me. Should I Repport? (sexy Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by Adesiji77: 5:19am On Mar 30, 2016
By Aisosa Edosomwan

It almost cost me everything. First, it took away my dress sense then gradually it ate away my self-confidence. I just couldn’t look at myself in the mirror when I am all bare.

But I tried to keep my chin up. At 35, I wasn’t getting any younger and the body changes were only logical and obvious.

Still, this mental defense I raised against my stretch marks was no match for it. Stretch marks are ugly and stubborn adipose ridges any ladies nightmare.

Mine defied evereything I threw at it and just kept coming; creeping up my buttocks like burning fingers of lava, scarring deep into my skin till it scorched my cleavage and underarm.

I was plagued and suffered psychologically because of my stretch marks but what I couldn’t imagine is stretch mark stealing my man from me.

It began as gradual complaints of “oh, lady, you’re getting fat. Then came the detailed scrutiny; even your underarm has this ‘thing’ too? Eventually, it degenerated to total disgust. My man stopped touching me. That was the breaking point for me and I knew something needed to be done fast.

The bout of depression
The depression that followed my hyper self-consciousness came very sudden and before I could really figure out what was happening to me, I’m sunk deep. Even Harry, my man, at a point was tried hard to save me from imploding emotionally.

He recited how beautiful I was to him every time and made honest efforts to steer me away from things that remaindered me of my stretch marks. I suffered an acute depression which left me totally withdrawn with my self-confidence completely shattered, I hated my own mirror image.

Suddenly, help eventually came in the most unlikely way, through social media.
It took a health tip shared on a friend’s Palmchat page to change my gloomy situation into something of a miracle. The Palmchat broadcast read: “Healing secret for stretch marks: five cups of water each day and the scars runaway!”

Social media is still a force for good
A lot happen on social media these days and I agree, not all the things we see on social sites are right but there are still those moments of true hope. In my case, it was that singular health tip my friend Olic shared on his Palmchat page; the broadcast was more than timely for me, it literally gave me a second chance to life.

I followed the tip religiously for months; drinking as much water as I can each day and gosh, the result was simply astonishing! Those ugly stretch marks are disappearing, especially around my butt area.

The new person in me
Look at me now, I am so depression free and my family is very happy for my recovery. What I had suffered to some people does not make any sense because they possess the mental strength to deal with such psychological upheavals. They can easily shrug off what happened to me, considering it rather overtly emotional. But the truth remains that there are millions of people out there who are like me, people who struggle psychologically and emotionally to deal with something as trivial as stretch marks. It is for these ones that I now fight, try to lend a helping hand.

Over the years I have metamorphosed and my depression experience led me into the path of psychology. Today, social media is my ever engaging office: Facebook, Twitter, BBM but most importantly Palmchat. These online platforms are where I hold my counselling and mentorship sessions with people suffering all forms of depression. I am doing my best to keep the flame of knowledge burning, a torch that will bring hope to as many depressed persons as I can possibly connect with.

Aisosa Edosomwan, is a PR practitioner working with Teksightedge

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/how-social-media-can-save-relationship/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by christinie(f): 5:26am On Mar 30, 2016
Very interesting.

No wonder I don't have any stretch mark on my body; I drink water and home-made zobo a lot.

FTC again. Haters be like "Buhari has no stretch mark too" hahahahahaaaa.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 30, 2016
christinie:
Very interesting.

No wonder I don't have any stretch mark on my body; I drink water and home-made zobo a lot.

Good for you. Some girls drag beer with guys.

26 Likes

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 30, 2016
A very nice write up.
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by 40manlappy: 5:53am On Mar 30, 2016
christinie:
Very interesting.

Fortunate you.

On a lighter mood, it's been a while I read about the "pics or adonbilivit" crew grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by christinie(f): 6:03am On Mar 30, 2016
grin

40manlappy:

Fortunate you.

On a lighter mood, it's been a while I read about the "pics or adonbilivit" crew grin

2 Likes

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by christinie(f): 6:04am On Mar 30, 2016
Quite bad.

jcmaiah:

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by Godfullsam(m): 6:05am On Mar 30, 2016
Show us your picture of 'before and after' your stretch marks experience or we don't believe.

15 Likes

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by Monalisa185(f): 6:10am On Mar 30, 2016
pinshures or.....

3 Likes

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by Tallesty1(m): 6:25am On Mar 30, 2016
jcmaiah:

They now have awesome pot bellies.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by Osasukhaled: 11:29am On Mar 30, 2016
5cups of shayo you mean
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by looseweight: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2016
Ok
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by Aviero: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2016
christinie:
Very interesting.
Pictures of different parts of your body, pls. You mean to tell me you don't have a single line of stretch mark on your thigh or on that asss?

2 Likes

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2016
Who you help @OP
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by helphelp: 11:30am On Mar 30, 2016
I knew it.

Something told me this was an advert.

In a nutshell, tell us what next to do

3 Likes

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by MoneypassGod(m): 11:32am On Mar 30, 2016
Brb
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by vipez(f): 11:32am On Mar 30, 2016
someone should please read, quote me, and summarize. Thanks smiley

5 Likes

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 30, 2016
TEAM addicted to water, i drink water like there is no tommorow, give me a can of warm water over 100crates of malt or sprite anyday, anytime.
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by itskings1: 11:32am On Mar 30, 2016
See how omtola's 16 year old daughter revealed her breast [url=naijalite.com] Clik HERE [/url]
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by afolayanto(m): 11:33am On Mar 30, 2016
And now water is the solution to stretch mark....Let me quickly go and inform my madam in the office that have found solution to her unending bre*st stretch marks...

1 Like

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by enoch273: 11:35am On Mar 30, 2016
Wow! See the list of best graphic schools around the world, God make us bigger

http://scholarfact..com.ng/2016/03/list-of-best-animation-colleges-around.html?m=1
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by ameboismyhobby(f): 11:36am On Mar 30, 2016
Bt I still av end time stretch marks nd I drink water a lot embarassed

4 Likes

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by christinie(f): 11:36am On Mar 30, 2016
Don't owe you any proof man.

Aviero:
Pictures of different parts of your body, pls. You mean to tell me you don't have a single line of stretch mark on your thigh or on that asss?
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by tintingz(m): 11:36am On Mar 30, 2016
Drinking a lot of water with exercise is really good for the body.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by swizzdre(m): 11:38am On Mar 30, 2016
show us pix of ya yansh without stretchmark or............. grin grin grin grin
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by olafunny(m): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2016
5 rounds per day saved my relationship

2 Likes

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by brainbox1000(m): 11:41am On Mar 30, 2016
Okay
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by mercyymai(f): 11:41am On Mar 30, 2016
Really! u mean with water stretch mark is a forgotten issue? I hope too much of water doesn't have any negative effect on health?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by prinsam30: 11:41am On Mar 30, 2016
Water no get enemy, drink as much as you can, it won't kill you, do it for like one month everyday, morning, afternoon and night before going to bed, come back here and thank me and the OP
Re: "How 5 Cups Of Water Per Day Saved My Relationship" by maryhaam(f): 11:42am On Mar 30, 2016
Tallesty1:
They now have awesome pot bellies.
lol at potbelly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nollywood Softwork: See Nigerian Actresses Act With Naked Boobs / I Keep Attracting Slim Girls!! / Which Part Of The World Has The Fines Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.