Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11578199 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10137) (10138) (10139) (10140) (10141) (10142) (10143) ... (16117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2020
komekn:

The same way Europeans judged Yakubu, Yobo, George Weah, Yayah Toure, Drogba, Mane, Salah, Zaha, Osimhen, Ndidi, etc To mention just a few.

Your rational is therefore it is only Africans that have eyes to see quality players from Africa.

I see u are carrying ur same style into the new year. U spent weeks in the past telling us how Dominic Iorfa was good enough for wolves but blah blah blah. Now it is 'the same way Europeans judged Weah and Drogba' grin

U are the same person who said Osimhen was a flop because your Europeans told u so when he was at Wolfsburg SMH.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:29pm On Dec 31, 2020
Subzero047:

You think an article by someone who was basically a product of the white man would make young footballers to change their mind grin

If he had done any thing of note in Africa maybe his works will speak for him

What plannet do u live in? Balotelli is famous of course he has influence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 12:31am On Jan 01, 2021
Happy new year fam

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 12:49am On Jan 01, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

The Pope liked him.

If Leon Balogun could be racially abused in Germany as a boy, best believe a bigger and blacker Mario was practically taunted like a grown man in a more racist Italy.

Imagine if Iwobi didn't have Nigerian fans during his hard times? That's basically what balotelli went through. Playing for Ghana would have absolutely brought out the best in Mario because he only wants to be loved. Of course they would have called out his nonsense but he would have been loved and cherished I am sure.
Lol @ the Pope liking him, it's irrelevant to his attitude as a player, in a very racist England players like John Barnes, Ian Wright and a lot of black players excelled in their careers. Henrik Larson faced racism growing up it still didn't hinder him from excelling. He's also not the first black player to represent Italy. Balotelli's issue had little or nothing to do with racism, he has major character flaws even before he wore the Italy shirt. Mourinho, Mancini all had issues with him. Happy new year to you and everyone as well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 1:38am On Jan 01, 2021
Happy New Year!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:59am On Jan 01, 2021
Subzero047:

The guy is still all talk, he was brought up in a white academy, had a successful career in European clubs, chose a white country against an African one, paid and is paid by European individuals

In all these he does not have an African academy or charity but chooses to blab when he likes, he should give me a break!
If he had chosen Ghana over Italy I'm sure he and his likes would have said if he had chosen Italy his career would have been better. People don't like to take responsibility for their actions and/or inactions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:04am On Jan 01, 2021
Karlovich:
Lol @ the Pope liking him, it's irrelevant to his attitude as a player, in a very racist England players like John Barnes, Ian Wright and a lot of black players excelled in their careers. Henrik Larson faced racism growing up it still didn't hinder him from excelling. He's also not the first black player to represent Italy. Balotelli's issue had little or nothing to do with racism, he has major character flaws even before he wore the Italy shirt. Mourinho, Mancini all had issues with him. Happy new year to you and everyone as well.

You said he is not a likeable guy and that is false.

Italians knew he was the future face of their national team and so they did everything they could to break him at a youth level.

It is easy to give a guy a pass when he is playing a role u don't consider attractive enough. The better u are the harsher racism u see.

Jose always complains so that don't count and without Balotelli Mancini can kiss the prem goodbye.

Happy new years to you too fam

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:04am On Jan 01, 2021
jihday:
If he had chosen Ghana over Italy I'm sure he and his likes would have said if he had chosen Italy his career would have been better. People don't like to take responsibility for their actions and/or inactions

True
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:11am On Jan 01, 2021
geonyte:
Happy new year fam

Happy new year. May God grant us a blessed 2021.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:20am On Jan 01, 2021
jihday:

Add Balotelli to that 2010 Ghanaian side they might have ended up champions. There is nothing to take responsibility for. You act like he called a press conference. He is just answering a question.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:12am On Jan 01, 2021
Everything shall go well for us in this new year. Happy new year.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:17am On Jan 01, 2021
Happy new year my people.It shall be well with us.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mkrest(m): 8:54am On Jan 01, 2021
happy new year fam, may this year be better than last

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:47am On Jan 01, 2021
Balotelli is/was a very gifted footballer but as you rightly stated sometimes you have to take responsibility for your actions/inactions and face the consequences good or bad.

whatever you might say about the underlying racism in italian football it wouldn't have affected his rise to greatness if he had just stayed focused. Personally I think Ghana dodged a bullet when mario decided not to play for them. it would have been KPB wahala x2.

Happy New Year Everyone!

jihday:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 9:58am On Jan 01, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

You said he is not a likeable guy and that is false.

Italians knew he was the future face of their national team and so they did everything they could to break him at a youth level.

It is easy to give a guy a pass when he is playing a role u don't consider attractive enough. The better u are the harsher racism u see.

Jose always complains so that don't count and without Balotelli Mancini can kiss the prem goodbye.

Happy new years to you too fam
Balotelli has never been a likeable person, the last time I checked the Pope coached no national team or clubside. I suppose the Italian fans were sorcerers to ascertain he was the future of their national team. Players have faced racism in Italy it still didn't hinder them, George Weah in 2006 had an advice on the way he handled subsequent racism he faced as a player in Italy after getting into trouble for hitting a player. Even Adrian Mutu (who's considered white) encountered racism in Italy and none of them were like Balotelli with his hot headed character. Antonio Cassano was like Mario and had issues with the national team and some clubs he played for, was he also racially discriminated against as well?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:57am On Jan 01, 2021
Karlovich:
Balotelli has never been a likeable person, the last time I checked the Pope coached no national team or clubside. I suppose the Italian fans were sorcerers to ascertain he was the future of their national team. Players have faced racism in Italy it still didn't hinder them, George Weah in 2006 had an advice on the way he handled subsequent racism he faced as a player in Italy after getting into trouble for hitting a player. Even Adrian Mutu (who's considered white) encountered racism in Italy and none of them were like Balotelli with his hot headed character. Antonio Cassano was like Mario and had issues with the national team and some clubs he played for, was he also racially discriminated against as well?

U also have not coached any national teams or club sides oga. Or are you saying that your opinion on Balotelli is more important than that of the Pope grin

A 16 year old gets signed by inter Milan and u are saying Italian fans wouldn't see him as the future?

U are just throwing names around. George Weah was never racially attacked as a teenager. Balotelli was getting it as soon as he kicked a ball. The two can never be comparable.

Everybody is not the same. Just because u feel like u would be able to deal with being abandoned in a foreign land does not mean the next man can do it. Plus u have never been in that situation so how do u know what you would do?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:04am On Jan 01, 2021
chrisooblog:
Balotelli is/was a very gifted footballer but as you rightly stated sometimes you have to take responsibility for your actions/inactions and face the consequences good or bad.

whatever you might say about the underlying racism in italian football it wouldn't have affected his rise to greatness if he had just stayed focused. Personally I think Ghana dodged a bullet when mario decided not to play for them. it would have been KPB wahala x2.

Happy New Year Everyone!

KPB wahala got Ghana to a place Nigeria has never been (the world cup quarter finals). Add Balotelli to that team and they might have been Africa's first champions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:48am On Jan 01, 2021
Ghana with KPB's wahala won nothing. unlike Nigeria that at least won an AFCON within that period.

BascoVanVeli:

KPB wahala got Ghana to a place Nigeria has never been (the world cup quarter finals). Add Balotelli to that team and they might have been Africa's first champions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 12:15pm On Jan 01, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

U also have not coached any national teams or club sides oga. Or are you saying that your opinion on Balotelli is more important than that of the Pope grin

A 16 year old gets signed by inter Milan and u are saying Italian fans wouldn't see him as the future?

U are just throwing names around. George Weah was never racially attacked as a teenager. Balotelli was getting it as soon as he kicked a ball. The two can never be comparable.

Everybody is not the same. Just because u feel like u would be able to deal with being abandoned in a foreign land does not mean the next man can do it. Plus u have never been in that situation so how do u know what you would do?
So every black 16 year old signed in Italy is the future of Italian football? that statement of yours is fallacious. You want to dispute Weah's case and others I mentioned forgetting the fact that Balotelli was born and raised in Italy so wasn't abandoned in a foreign land and probably didn't start encountering racism when he decided be a footballer unlike Weah who was born in Africa and started to deal with it when he moved to Europe. You are just making excuses for him. KPB represented Ghana, did it stop him from being abused racially in Europe or being called out by Ghanaian fans? Regarding the last paragraph I don't have to explain myself to you no offence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2021
chrisooblog:
Ghana with KPB's wahala won nothing. unlike Nigeria that at least won an AFCON within that period.

I said we have never been to the quarter finals. That means our entire history not a certain piece of time and u know it. KPB gave Ghana an edge on the world stage and for u to undermine that because he had issues with the FA is just ridiculous. Osaze gave way more "trouble" here in Nigeria but I have never read one similar comment about him on this esteemed platform.

Is insulting an fa member to his face worse than talking bad about your coach to the media? Help me understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Awuvnaira: 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:54pm On Jan 01, 2021
Karlovich:
So every black 16 year old signed in Italy is the future of Italian football? that statement of yours is fallacious. You want to dispute Weah's case and others I mentioned forgetting the fact that Balotelli was born and raised in Italy so wasn't abandoned in a foreign land and probably didn't start encountering racism when he decided be a footballer unlike Weah who was born in Africa and started to deal with it when he moved to Europe. You are just making excuses for him. KPB represented Ghana, did it stop him from being abused racially in Europe or being called out by Ghanaian fans? Regarding the last paragraph I don't have to explain myself to you no offence.

U totally misrepresented what I said. Haba I said a 16 yr old signing for inter Milan and u are here bringing race up and claiming Italy is a club.

Was he given up for adoption yes or no? He was not even fully Italian until he turned 17 according to the law. Then u add the fact that he's being raised by white people at a time when racism was status quo. Nobody who looked like him was around to comfort and advise him.

George Weah knew his mom, dad, aunty, uncle, cousins, etc. U guys should try having empathy for once. The man's life was definitely not easy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:30pm On Jan 01, 2021
sorry but getting to quarterfinals is not a trophy. senegal has gotten to quarterfinals too so please spare me.

which edge did KPB give them? because he scored one goal? how should we then describe Gyan's contributions since he scored 3 goals in that same world cup?

yes we treated Osaze's F up whenever he threw a tantrum. when he was ranting and raving because he was dropped from the 2013 AFCON squad we duly ignored him and won showing that he wasn't indispensable.

BascoVanVeli:

I said we have never been to the quarter finals. That means our entire history not a certain piece of time and u know it. KPB gave Ghana an edge on the world stage and for u to undermine that because he had issues with the FA is just ridiculous. Osaze gave way more "trouble" here in Nigeria but I have never read one similar comment about him on this esteemed platform.

Is insulting an fa member to his face worse than talking bad about your coach to the media? Help me understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 1:37pm On Jan 01, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

U totally misrepresented what I said. Haba I said a 16 yr old signing for inter Milan and u are here bringing race up and claiming Italy is a club.

Was he given up for adoption yes or no? He was not even fully Italian until he turned 17 according to the law. Then u add the fact that he's being raised by white people at a time when racism was status quo. Nobody who looked like him was around to comfort and advise him.

George Weah knew his mom, dad, aunty, uncle, cousins, etc. U guys should try having empathy for once. The man's life was definitely not easy.
Excuses upon excuses so it's his adoption that made him the way he was. Obafemi Martins was also signed by an Italian team at 16 he didn't have the rotten character of Balotelli. Paul McGrath was raised in a time when Ireland was very racist, he was still cool headed and I suppose Djourou that was also adopted and raised by whites also had the same issues. Also he knew his birth parents and was communicating with them. It's not like he was abandoned after he was born it was because they couldn't financially take care of him when he was seriously Ill as a child that he was adopted by Italian family. The Italian law in question also affected Angelo Ogbonna and Stefano Okaka, they both represented Italy and don't have his bad attitude. Like I said he was born and raised in Italy under Italian culture and majority of his friends, neighbor's growing were predominantly white Italians, he didn't start experiencing racism on his 16th birthday
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
chrisooblog:
sorry but getting to quarterfinals is not a trophy. senegal has gotten to quarterfinals too so please spare me.

which edge did KPB give them? because he scored one goal? how should we then describe Gyan's contributions since he scored 3 goals in that same world cup?

yes we treated Osaze's F up whenever he threw a tantrum. when he was ranting and raving because he was dropped from the 2013 AFCON squad we duly ignored him and won showing that he wasn't indispensable.

U just want to be right SMH. Is Nigeria now Senegal?

U are grasping at straws. I never said he carried them. So a player that earned a move to AC Milan after that same world cup didn't give Ghana an edge?

The point is u were quick to throw out a Ghanaian name when u have plenty such cases in Naija. That is hypocritical and that is how I know u just want to attack balotelli and that's it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:29pm On Jan 01, 2021
lol you're the one trying to prove a non existent point.

you are the one that said KPB gave ghana an edge. what is the edge now you're talking to me about Milan from where to where? lol

how am i being hypocritical? by saying balotteli wouldn't have been good for ghana? lol guy just go and relax

BascoVanVeli:

U just want to be right SMH. Is Nigeria now Senegal?

U are grasping at straws. I never said he carried them. So a player that earned a move to AC Milan after that same world cup didn't give Ghana an edge?

The point is u were quick to throw out a Ghanaian name when u have plenty such cases in Naija. That is hypocritical and that is how I know u just want to attack balotelli and that's it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2021
Karlovich:
Excuses upon excuses so it's his adoption that made him the way he was. Obafemi Martins was also signed by an Italian team at 16 he didn't have the rotten character of Balotelli. Paul McGrath was raised in a time when Ireland was very racist, he was still cool headed and I suppose Djourou that was also adopted and raised by whites also had the same issues. Also he knew his birth parents and was communicating with them. It's not like he was abandoned after he was born it was because they couldn't financially take care of him when he was seriously Ill as a child that he was adopted by Italian family. The Italian law in question also affected Angelo Ogbonna and Stefano Okaka, they both represented Italy and don't have his bad attitude. Like I said he was born and raised in Italy under Italian culture and majority of his friends, neighbor's growing were predominantly white Italians, he didn't start experiencing racism on his 16th birthday

So u are saying stadiums full of people were making monkey noises at him during kindergarten

U are the parent that constantly says look at your mate. Obafemi Martin was not going to play for Italy. I started by saying people only hate u when u are in a position that is envied. Nobody u have mentioned had as much upside as Balotelli. Nobody u mentioned was seen as Italy's number 9.

U will say u want people to be accountable but then ask balotelli to take all the blame when it is clear as day that other factors apply.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:47pm On Jan 01, 2021
chrisooblog:
lol you're the one trying to prove a non existent point.

you are the one that said KPB gave ghana an edge. what is the edge now you're talking to me about Milan from where to where? lol

how am i being hypocritical? by saying balotteli wouldn't have been good for ghana? lol guy just go and relax

So Portsmouth to Milan is not a big move ba U just love to argue sir. This was a Ghana with no big names and u are trying to steal away my man's credit just to win an argument.

U brought up KPB when we have had many players do way worse than he was accused of doing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
At the end of the day, KPB didn't win anything for ghana. Qf no be Trophy. In Nigeria golden generation, we could had won 3 Nations cup in a row easily if not for Abacha. But, no excuses (we won 1)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
Essien and Muntari were not big names abi? lol

bros it's ok you right that's what you sha want to hear abi lol

enjoy the rest of your day

BascoVanVeli:

So Portsmouth to Milan is not a big move ba U just love to argue sir. This was a Ghana with no big names and u are trying to steal away my man's credit just to win an argument.

U brought up KPB when we have had many players do way worse than he was accused of doing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:54pm On Jan 01, 2021
what do you mean don't you know KPB brought sexy back to ghana. infact before KPB joined ghana the black stars didn't know how to play football grin

12large1:
At the end of the day, KPB didn't win anything for ghana. Qf no be Trophy. In Nigeria golden generation, we could had won 3 Nations cup in a row easily if not for Abacha. But, no excuses (we won 1)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2021
chrisooblog:
Essien and Muntari were not big names abi? lol

bros it's ok you right that's what you sha want to hear abi lol

enjoy the rest of your day

Yeah too bad Michael Essien wasn't there since he was home injured undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (10137) (10138) (10139) (10140) (10141) (10142) (10143) ... (16117) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Friday03, TheSuperNerd(m), Christinu2 and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.