Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11528679 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10662) (10663) (10664) (10665) (10666) (10667) (10668) ... (16094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:30am On May 14, 2021
Omanambala:

Sir, please, I don't want to appear offensive but we Africans have to do better when we make arguments.

Nwakali is not average and I will explain. The boy won MVP at the U17 and with his amazing football gifts all he could get as an African was a loan deal from Arsenal who signed him. In his first season with a club in Holland he was terrific and later he was loaned out to another club where he met misfortune and suffered almost a season with a club football. So , when people make statements like the one you made let's tell the whole story.

As for Iwobi, being English puts him ahead of Nwakali whether the later is more talented or not. Iwobi was promoted to Arsenal first team from the academy....may I remind you Nwakali never got anything close to that. Iwobi kept fumbling but nonetheless he still got a club to field him.....thats the privilege African players never enjoy. With all your talent you will always be a second option or third.

If it wasn't for the injuries that Brendan Rogers favourite boys suffered he would not might to keep Iheanacho on the bench and frustrate him out.

Again , we Africans have to do better because we have brains. So, lets argue like smart people. Lets stop being unnecessarily emotional and narrow minded.

So Nwakali that is currently at Alcorcon is better than Iwobi? A 2015 mvp/performance is what you are judging in 2021.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:32am On May 14, 2021
Philosopher1979:

U are right African players face discrimination in Europe. They are not given a fair chance and are often misunderstood.
How are African players discriminated against in Europe?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 2:35am On May 14, 2021
Omanambala:

But you would think this would be a common knowledge to some of us. Look at Raheem Sterling with all the nonsense he is playing but Pep dare not bench him or the English press will destroy him. If Raheem was African Pep would probably spit on him and nothing will happen.

A few moments ago you labelled iwobi as English just to make a point that it was the reason he was getting game time at Everton, now you are labelling Sterling as English forgetting the fact that he was born outside of the UK just like Iwobi. I just de look una

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:51am On May 14, 2021
Top Headline: Super Okoye! The Naija German Wall keeps another clean slate

Thursday Football Special: Nigerian players who shone across Europe - May 13

1. Maduka Okoye (GK) Saves + Cleansheet (Sparta Rotterdam): Played 90mins+

Sparta Rotterdam 0-0 FC Utrecht (Dutch Eredivisie)

*MOTM Performance. Made six saves. Including 3 big chance saves

Okoye's stats in Eredivisie (20/21):

⏺️ 27 games played (all starts)
⏺️ 34 goals conceeded.
⏺️ 71 saves made.
⏺️ 10 clean sheets.
▶️12 wins
▶️ 10 losses
▶️5 draws

2. Simy Nwankwo (CF) Assist (Crotone): Played 90mins+

Crotone 2-1 Hellas Verona (Serie A).

*19 goals + 3 assists in 36 league games (29 starts).

3. 22 y/o Tosin Kehinde (RM) Cup Final Triumph: Played 70mins

Randers FC 4-0 Sønderjyske (Danish DBU Pokalen Final)

*Tosin Kehinde is now Danish Cup Champion.

4. Richard Friday (FW) Goal (Spartaks Jurmala): Played 90mins+

Riga FC 2-1 Spartaks Jurmala (Latvian Virsliga)

3 goals in 9 league games (7 starts)

5. Samuel Adegbenro (FW) Goal (IFK Norrkoping): Played 65 mins

IFK Norrkoping 1-1 Degerfors IF (Swedish Allsvenskan)

*6 goals in 6 league games (6 starts)

6. 18 y/o Ishaq Abdulrazak (CM: RWB) Top Wingback Performance (IFK Norrkoping): Played 90mins+

IFK Norrkoping 1-1 Degerfors IF (Swedish Allsvenskan)

*82.5% passing accuracy, One chance created, One shot on target, 3/5 aerial duels won, 3/6 ground duels won, 2 Interceptions, 2 tackles, 1 clearance, 1/2 dribbling success.

1 Assist in 6 league games (6 starts)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:54am On May 14, 2021
ICYMI: Kelechi Nwakali finally picked up his Official Alcorcón Club Player of the Month award for April as reported days back

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:28am On May 14, 2021
Maduka Okoye confirmed as one of the Recipients of the Official MOTM awards for Week 33 games in the Eredivisie

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:31am On May 14, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

What medicine is this fool talking about? Just cooking up imaginary Nonsense in his head to sound tough when infact you are just a pathetic piece of emptiness. A Bunch of Zeroes and that's all.

Kid, you are pathetic. No relevance in real life whatsoever so you seek it here. Your only true food in here is using my moniker to feel important. What a joke.

Well, I don't blame you. Even a maggot can form butterfly behind the screens. So I don't blame you at all.

Just imagine this jobless joker. I come online and what do I see? I see mentions of my moniker (direct or indirect) by your sorry horrendous self slandering nonsense while I am offline making people's lives better and bagging the money that I use to put smiles on people's faces.
But what do you do? You just come online to rant emptiness.

Boy, you need to heal because by your words, I can tell you are just full of Sh*t and hate for your own life that you dislike anything that has to do with TheSupernerd. Kid, don't die in your envy. I know I irritate the heck out of you. Just try rise and be better. Ciao.

Are you crying crybaby grin take this handkerchief, it will be alright

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:40am On May 14, 2021
Napoleon55:

U r only focusing on goals alone,
Look at the legends of the game u were comparing Haaland with,Zidan,Ronaldo 9,
at least we've seen what Ronaldo 9 did with his goals at Haaland's age,and what Zidan has achieved.
What has Haaland achieved with his many goals.
No one is saying he can't achieve but 4 now stop mentioning those legends with him until he does what those greats did with their goals.

I doubt Rashidi ever scored 33 goals in a single season,but I cannot start comparing Onuachu to Rashidi just because he outscored Rashidi in a single season. He need to do it consistently for years

Everybody has where he excels, Haaland is a prolific goalscorer and he does a damn good job at it, Are you expecting him to win a Champions league at Dortmund? When he inevitably goes to a big club the trophies will come and the ballon d'or shouts will start,mind you I'm not comparing him to those legends, I'm just saying that at 20 he has broken records they held at their prime or never managed to reach, If Lewandowski can win Ballon d'or Haaland can too

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chidozieaina: 11:15am On May 14, 2021
okoye play well yesterdey �

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K3AXJLRsH8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tamunotonye22(m): 11:41am On May 14, 2021
12large1:

Stop being DELUSIONAL. in order to win the world cup, you need like 5 World class players. A world class Defender, Midfielder, Attacker, Winger and Striker. Right now, our best bet is R16, QF. It is imperative for our boys to sign for the best clubs in the world to even have a chance of playing QF. For now, let's be humble and Qualify first

In one year time, this narrative will definitely change. Osimhen's transfer is massive, which means he's a top player. Plays for a traditional team like Napoli and you think it's nothing to brag about? With the ways things are going, he's worth more than Sancho (from rumours). Wilf is top class, chukwueze isnot far from it (attracted Liverpool and arsenal last time). Aribo is close, so is etebo (very inconsistent but useful), S. Kalu is decent in the national colours.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:53am On May 14, 2021
honestly it's exasperating some times. using a player still finding his feet in football to make fun of an already established SE player.

Can Iwobi do better in club football? Absolutely! but downgrading a solid SE performer for someone whose's call to fame is his u17 exploits is simply unfair. Correct me if I'm wrong but no other midfielder apart from his uncle Jayjay has scored or assisted as much as Iwobi in the last 20 years.

Karlovych:
So Nwakali that is currently at Alcorcon is better than Iwobi? A 2015 mvp/performance is what you are judging in 2021.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 11:56am On May 14, 2021
Subzero047:

I have warned you, me and you no dey fight

Your position as a top beer palour analyst is not under contest, i am not dragging it with you, i am not interested, It's yours for keeps. Stop warning me

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 12:25pm On May 14, 2021
chidozieaina:

The guy wearing 7 is a quality player for the league. Okoye made some time saves but then the quality of the strikes is not particularly 'good lucking'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:35pm On May 14, 2021
chidozieaina:

Okoye don dey ripe ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:45pm On May 14, 2021
Another war looming

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 12:57pm On May 14, 2021
ChrisKels:
Another war looming

Ndidi will break that midget's legs grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 1:01pm On May 14, 2021
Omanambala:

Yes, we do. A team that parades Osimhen , Kelechi , Onyekuru , Nwakali, Ebuehi , Chukwueze ,Akpoguma, Awaziem, Balogun, Nwakali etc should play as contenders. But thats where the tactician comes in.

Onyekuru, Nwakali, Ebuehi,Akpoguma,Awaziem,Balogun, Nwakali, are not talented enough. Infact, they are average at best! They need to prove otherwise

Kelechi, Osimhen, Ndidi, Chukwueze and Zaidu are doing exceptionally okay .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 1:05pm On May 14, 2021
Subzero047:

See I like Osimhen but Haaland is going to be in the Ronaldo, Messi conversation in the next couple of years and Osimhen is not that level

Osimhen will be great!

Haaland is very good too but I prefer Osimhen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:08pm On May 14, 2021
chrisooblog:
honestly it's exasperating some times. using a player still finding his feet in football to make fun of an already established SE player.

Can Iwobi do better in club football? Absolutely! but downgrading a solid SE performer for someone whose's call to fame is his u17 exploits is simply unfair. Correct me if I'm wrong but no other midfielder apart from his uncle Jayjay has scored or assisted as much as Iwobi in the last 20 years.

Exactly, of course he can do better at club level but his performances in the SE have been great going by his stats for the eagles so the basis of comparing him to Nwakali is not relevant

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:10pm On May 14, 2021
Subzero047:

Are you crying crybaby grin take this handkerchief, it will be alright

A wine glass, I have. A Handkerchief you hold. That's the difference. So I know who's been crying. grin

High flying Eagles don't cry over attention-seeking maggots. grin

I bet you were still pained at this beautiful knockdown (see below) I gave you one time to which you had no response. You just turned tail and evaded. grin

This is my last reply to your pathetic excuse of a person. You just aren't worth any extra second of my attention. Honestly, you just aren't. smiley

So in finality, Happy Hating, little zero. It's the life-support you are on now. wink Keep basking in thy worthlessness. Adios.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:13pm On May 14, 2021
No back-to-back POTM for Nacho

So the EPL POTM award winner for April is finally revealed and it's Jesse Lingard.

Iheanacho robbed?? There is a strong argument for that.

But we move.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:16pm On May 14, 2021
Maduka Okoye named Player of the Week for MD 33

Maduka Okoye was named Player of the week among the various MOTM winners from Matchday 33 in the Eredivisie as published by Top Dutch Media house, AD.nl/Sportwereld.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 1:26pm On May 14, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Maduka Okoye named Player of the Week for MD 33

Maduka Okoye was named Player of the week among the various MOTM winners from Matchday 33 in the Eredivisie as published by Top Dutch Media house, AD.nl/Sportwereld.

Sha, Okoye is not good enough
He was called because he's FB

What do I know?

Modified*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovych: 1:29pm On May 14, 2021
Laporte's switch from France to Spain has been ratified by FIFA in less than two weeks but in our case with a lot of players we are still hearing of issues with passports and other excuses in over a year. I know covid affected a lot of things but I believe at the moment something else is holding their switch.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:30pm On May 14, 2021
Ppogbae:

Ndidi will break that midget's legs grin

Kante is stronger than Ndidi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:33pm On May 14, 2021
Utonwanne:

Sha, Uzoho is not good enough

What do I know?

Uzoho is better than Okoye

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 1:34pm On May 14, 2021
Utonwanne:

Sha, Uzoho is not good enough

What do I know?
lmao, I remember how Rohr was insulted here when he called up this lad to train with the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:38pm On May 14, 2021
This Battle will be legendary. grin

ChrisKels:
Another war looming

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Isahalbash(m): 1:38pm On May 14, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Stop insulting cricket and badminton ,dude doesn’t have the knowledge required for that

Dude should go and watch ram fight

gringringrin my chest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:43pm On May 14, 2021
Karlovych:
Laporte's switch from France to Spain has been ratified by FIFA in less than two weeks but in our case with a lot of players we are still hearing of issues with passports and other excuses in over a year. I know covid affected a lot of things but I believe at the moment something else is holding their switch.

The problem we are having now in Nigeria and west Africa as far as football is concerned is pinnick...dude see his post in NFF, FIFA AND CAF as a tool to promote his political interest and not the course of our football and west Africa football interest.

Heard him saying the other day that Nigeria super falcons will beat Ghana to qualify for the AWCON I shook my head...were both teams suppose to play each other at this phase of qualification in the first place ?

That man don't understand what managing football for the interest of Nigerians entails

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:46pm On May 14, 2021
charlesemeka85:
lmao, I remember how Rohr was insulted here when he called up this lad to train with the team

Me waiting for Andrew to come and tell us that we're behind him simply because he is light skinned....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 1:48pm On May 14, 2021
ChrisKels:

Uzoho is better than Okoye
SECONDED.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10662) (10663) (10664) (10665) (10666) (10667) (10668) ... (16094) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.