Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10835) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11534403 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10832) (10833) (10834) (10835) (10836) (10837) (10838) ... (16097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
Jodera:
I know he's one of the missing link of the attack, but I just thought he won't see shirt like that due to the players above him in pecking order. But in terms of qualities, he's one of the best wingers in that squad.

Just glad Southgate played him and grealish ystdy.
Upward and Onwards with Saka always..
. Yea bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 2:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ubong Ekpai has just inked a three year deal with Czech giants, Slavia Prague (Slavia Praha). Medicals and contract signings have already been completed. He will play alongside fellow Eagle Peter Olayinka.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
typicalgamer:

Nonsense talk, same chukwueze when nor know he left leg from right na you take they compare saka.

If we were to make a survey around the country. Most people will pick saka over 3 chukwueze e get why.
An average player in laliga even among his age mates

In the end, you just said Nothing. All words and no single concrete point.

The first bolded is pure beer parlour nonsense.

The second bolded is an absolutely ridiculous assumption.

Please don't quote me again with such unintelligent, substance-less assertions. Thank you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, the Current Super Eagles will never be this bad.

But will current super eagles beat this England squad see truth talk

Super fowls that can’t make 10 successful passes in opponents half.

Guy why

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2021
Just another troll. Mtcheeeww.

'Done giving you cheap attention. Bye.

typicalgamer:

But will current super eagles beat this England squad see truth talk

Super fowls that can’t make 10 successful passes in opponents half.

Guy why

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2021
daveP:
Even Without Iwobi, Nacho, Aribo, Etebo at the middle, their replacements can never be this bad.

Ndidi alone will see 4m sef.

Ejuke would even do the width of the field twice before dem colet the ball. Infact put Balogun there sef, he'd still see 4m to progress.

One thing is it would be one tough miracle if England happen to smell the semis, or win it. Cos i wouldn't want to hear any crap about Southgate knew what he was doing.

Except ndidi none of those players could nail a starting shirt in the English league and it’s division

E get why you just they hype hot garbage

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:38pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ppogbae:
Ubong Ekpai has just inked a three year deal with Czech giants, Slavia Prague (Slavia Praha). Medicals and contract signings have already been completed. He will play alongside fellow Eagle Peter Olayinka.

Ubong ekpai ,I remember his goal against Brazil under 23 during the 2016 preparing for the Olympic

Was thinking he would be on the cross road side now

Good progression for him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
Good move for this lad, Ubong Moses Ekpai (ex-U23 National team player). Making an upgrade from Budejovice where he played on loan from Viktoria Plzen to Czech Champs, Slavia Prague.

European football is his portion in the new season.

Ppogbae:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:48pm On Jun 23, 2021
forgiveness:

Without any iota of doubt, Saka is better than all our wingers, including chuks.

Good to know
Can wait for this English Team to play Germany or France so that the hype around them will reduce

Even Denmark,Austria so far play better than them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:49pm On Jun 23, 2021
Someone told me the match was highly interesting. lol!
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, the Current Super Eagles will never be this bad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2021
Good recall. I remember it so well too.

Brazil did the playing, we did the scoring and Emmanuel Daniel did the saving. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_reF7qSNZvY

andrewbaba44:

Ubong ekpai, I remember his goal against Brazil under 23 during the 2016 preparing for the Olympics

Was thinking he would be on the cross road side now

Good progression for him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:54pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Good recall. I remember it so well too.

Brazil did the playing, we did the scoring and Emmanuel Daniel did the saving. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_reF7qSNZvY

Lol that’s true

Where Emmanuel Daniel Dey now self
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:00pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Yes, but you brought it up again to "further establish" it only because he bagged MOTM award yesterday in his first Major Tournament. That's why I made reference to Chuks' first tournament too.

And like you, ofcos I agree Saka was not expected to make the final cut but Providence happened and he made it.

Also, Southgate needed a spark after England's lacklustre displays so far and he turned to Saka (and not even Sancho) and the lad bagged MOTM. That is very good for him.

But don't you think this puts question marks over the "actual" quality of wingers England have got at this Euros rather than on whether Saka trumps even Finidi of old? Why would they need a Saka to provide creativity if England is so stacked for creativity in the other options they have in Foden, Sancho, Sterling, Rashford, etc? See where I am going?

I don’t know any of our wingers that are better than those players in the bolded.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:03pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

He is not. What else do I expect from you? Lol

Abeg make I hear word. grin

This is not a joke. Saka is a more matured and nurtured player than Chuks.

Though Chuks has that raw talent but he still needs more polishing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:05pm On Jun 23, 2021
humility33:

Good to know
Can wait for this English Team to play Germany or France so that the hype around them will reduce

Even Denmark,Austria so far play better than them

It doesn’t change the fact that England has better players than us.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:06pm On Jun 23, 2021
Luis Enrique own self Dey him body

I wonder who will drop a pau Torres for an Eric Garcia

He cannot drop morata and choose to play Gerard Moreno out of position again

I hope they manage to scale through
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
Lobi Stars in Nigeria, I believe.

I trust The Marvellous one, Bascovanveli, can give us more on this. wink

andrewbaba44:

Lol that’s true

Where Emmanuel Daniel Dey now self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

I like the fact that we all support super eagles players and I like the fact that we also know the truth in our minds grin

We can’t be deceiving ourselves na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:13pm On Jun 23, 2021
I ain't joking too.

And when the chips were down and stakes at a high point, Chuks delivered and had better Impact over the two legs of the UEL semis compared to Saka.

Chuks was so influential and a menacing presence in the game that Arsenal fans all over the world were "predominantly" glad to see him leave the pitch injured in the second leg.

So Biko, Saka is better than many of our wingers but certainly not better than Chuks. Thank you.

forgiveness:

This is not a joke. Saka is a more matured and nurtured player than Chuks.

Though Chuks has that raw talent but he still needs more polishing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
The Croatia vs Scotland game was far more interesting than the Ponderous albeit slightly improved display of England vs Czech republic.

England vs Czech republic was slightly better than the other two games of the Three Lions. Playing Saka and Grealish improved their plays compared to the others in the first two games but it was still not as exciting as the other games.

fabyom:
Someone told me the match was highly interesting. lol!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2021
Double Post
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:47pm On Jun 23, 2021
typicalgamer:

Except ndidi none of those players could nail a starting shirt in the English league and it’s division

E get why you just they hype hot garbage
grin grin grin

How Many Russians or South Africans play in top leagues in the world prior to 2018?

See how ya tryna to sound smart right now, but you know you ain't saying nothing.

So cos they don't play in one league, their ball progression is now going to be wack.

I even apologize for using those tested and trusted EPL, SPL names up there. Heck lemme use NPFL players. Yeah. They will do better than 1metres with the ball per game.

Spare me the League crap abeg. And yeah, you made me go sarcastic!!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:56pm On Jun 23, 2021
forgiveness:

It doesn’t change the fact that England has better players than us.

They should be ashamed of themselves with all the facilities at their disposal they still cant match a tiny country like Belgium in football
The last time they won a major tournament was in 1966 when i was not born compared to their mates in europe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2021
TheSuperNerd:

I ain't joking too.

And when the chips were down and stakes at a high point, Chuks delivered and had better Impact over the two legs of the UEL semis compared to Saka.

Chuks was so influential and a menacing presence in the game that Arsenal fans all over the world were "predominantly" glad to see him leave the pitch injured in the second leg.

So Biko, Saka is better than many of our wingers but certainly not better than Chuks. Thank you.

Villarreal style of play made it so. Counter attack.

Besides, just one or two good games can't determine which player is better.

Arsenal struggled against Salvia Prague in the first leg and used counter attack to win the second leg.

We all saw Chelsea's players were sh.itty under Lampard especially Rudiger, Kante but does that makes Saka better than Kante holistically? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
Who swear for morata and spain grin

Another missed pk for them sad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:15pm On Jun 23, 2021
I am very sure if it was Saka having the kinda impact Chuks had in that semis double header, una no go let us hear word for here.

And do Saka and Kante now play the same role? Which Kain question be this? Abeg dead this talk. It's not getting anywhere. Thanks.

forgiveness:

Villarreal style of play made it so. Counter attack.

Besides, just one or two good games can't determine which player is better.

Arsenal struggled against Salvia Prague in the first leg and used counter attack to win the second leg.

We all saw Chelsea's players were sh.itty under Lampard especially Rudiger, Kante but those that makes Saka better than Kante holistically? grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2021
If you like come here talk say Chukwueze better pass Mbappe, last last we know the truth deep down for our mind

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2021
Catalonian village people are doing some serious work grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2021
Neobulletzz:
If you like come here talk say Chukwueze better pass Mbappe, last last we know the truth deep down for our mind

Normal nah

Thats why i no dey use power for those kind arguements anymore, i know the football knowledge of some people here and i know they know the truth on their minds but they will always defend a naija player and i see nothing wrong in that as its just the love for our players.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
Ppogbae:
Catalonian village people are doing some serious work grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

No be juju be that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 5:33pm On Jun 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:
Who swear for morata and spain grin

Another missed pk for them sad

Morata has to work on his finishing. Spain needs a finisher badly. I believe Moreno is a better finisher than moratta.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Morata has to work on his finishing. Spain needs a finisher badly. I believe Moreno is a better finisher than moratta.

Yeah but the coach is playing moreno from the flanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (10832) (10833) (10834) (10835) (10836) (10837) (10838) ... (16097) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Taazenga(m), 10cedes, maidaboi(m), Philosopher1979, orohbiro(f), DrYa and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.