Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11581346 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10881) (10882) (10883) (10884) (10885) (10886) (10887) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
Ppogbae:
NPFL = National Potato Farm League
Haba! Potatoes? At least sweet tubers dey comot potato farm na. Choose another farm produce wey bitter abeg. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
humility33:

Because he knows pinnick. Man know man has messed up our system.... all this while northerners have been managing NFF we were all shouting we want a change and now pinnick after a long while we had a southerner who is completely clueless. His predecessor reign we achieved more than him in football

I was among those that criticised Maigari but I must confess, that man knew his job and what he was doing. Pinnick just thinks of money 24/7 and his cohorts occupying positions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

If he's not the employer then what is the problem?
Then he has no right to talk to Rohr, according to the logic of the guy I quoted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Match highlights

I will be back to argue later grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9drmF1LEyGk

That no. 6 be like Homebased Flavour Abania!! grin grin

Anayo falling always. Its better being on the backfoot and conceeding such goals, but the backline was present in their positions for all 4 goals.

I love Rohr's Body language there. Bitter Truth.

Better days ahead, only if the drawing board is visited..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

The NPFL players didn't select this match na. They didn't tell the NFF to send the main team on holiday.
Issorite. Now they have shown to us what they can do if given the opportunity. Let's still see who will come here and start complaining about not giving home based players the opportunity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:54pm On Jul 04, 2021
Napoleon55:
my problem with all these type of matches is that,in the future,it would still be recorded that mexico beat nigeria 4-0,people won't remember that it was not our main team that played the match.
Stop making a big deal out of the scoreline sir. We also trashed a certain Argentine team 4-1. Can you remember the players in that Argie team?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 3:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
daveP:

Na Akwa best player wey go make them lose the league because him travel be that o grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by typicalgamer(m): 4:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
daveP:

Anayo falling always. Its better being on the backfoot and conceeding such goals, but the backline was present in their positions for all 4 goals.

I love Rohr's Body language there. Bitter Truth.

Better days ahead, only if the drawing board is visited..

Anayo na the biggest scam in existence.

Maybe that captain band got to his head.

Dude was literally playing like a Sunday league play

Below amateur

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 4:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
Oasis001:
Bulk of blames go to NFF, not the Players or their Handlers. These Players are home-based, how often are they training together?!

Our Coaches are sitting idle when there is no international Match, does it make any sense?!

At least Aigbogun and Co should be responsible for scouting Talents in the League, and ensuring they are training them together at least twice in a Month.

For instance best Players in the League on Monthly basis should be brought together and getting trained as a Team..... with Incentives.

Anyone who couldn't measure up to Standard in the following Month should be replaced. This will improve the League Standard because Players will be competing 100% to make the List.

Also there should be friendly Matches for them during international Breaks with at least West African Countries.

Its never too late to correct the Mistakes. Local Players need the Exposure, they've learned definitely and know their places.

The benefit of this kind of arrangement is never really realised because the end goal of the local boys is going to play in Europe. So this home based Eagles project will be in a constant state of flux and remain unfulfilled even though I don't still know what the objective is.

Your ability and market forces to a large extent determine where you ply your trade as a footballer. As a blanket statement, players in the NPFL are there for a reason. The best amongst them if good enough will be spotted and moved on to better things. If not good enough they may still be the best in the league but that in itself isn't saying much when the bar is set as low as it is.

And anyone giving the bull crap about local players winning afcon for Egypt, ask yourselves if the NPFL is on the same level as even the Egyptian division 3 let alone the Egyptian top league.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:36pm On Jul 04, 2021
DrKlever:
Even with Guardiola as coach, this guys wouldn't have done shiiit. They lack basic football knowledge. Our Academy boys would never have played this way. Not judging by the score line cause even Barca lost 8-2 to Bayern. The moments they had the ball, they had no ideal what to do with it. Is it tactics that will teach a player how to trap the ball? Tactics will teach you basic passing or how to slide tackle without being stretched out like almost everyone of them today.
Exactly. The only solution to this is to improve the standard of our league, simple. There's no shortcut to success. I felt so much anger inside me when pinnick said that we are better than MLS. Like, how? There's no need playing all manner of games, put the league in order and they'll become great at football.

Everyone saw how our new foreign based SF players played even for the first time, while their HB counterparts were just doing the way their brothers did 12 hours ago.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 4:47pm On Jul 04, 2021
Where basco, him Don japa Abi

He should come and defend his Akwa United stars display oooo

Especially that Malian Ndah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:04pm On Jul 04, 2021
typicalgamer:

Below amateur

Guy calm Down

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
Icon4s:

Issorite. Now they have shown to us what they can do if given the opportunity. Let's still see who will come here and start complaining about not giving home based players the opportunity.
Nobody has been on this thread fighting for any home base please stop spreading this fake narrative.
They were not given an opportunity. They were used for a money grab.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 5:15pm On Jul 04, 2021
Odunayaw:
And someone wanted Rabiu Ali to even go grin
he would have Don a better job than those players
[color=#000099]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 5:18pm On Jul 04, 2021
typicalgamer:

Below amateur
you people were calling him that next JJ okocha na dribbling without aim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Nobody has been on this thread fighting for any home base please stop spreading this fake narrative.

Ehn Let me believe I don't see what you type there

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 5:21pm On Jul 04, 2021
daveP:

Rohr justified!!!

His statements concerning the team have now been more of truths and reality than beef, statwise, over the years.

NFF should bury heads in shame. They probably aren't after dev but want to cash out. 5yrs now and barely any improvement on the technical and tactical front.

For the past five years we have improved technically and tactically, the recent match with Cameroon is a testament to improvements in tactics and technics, and to me is the beginning of another age
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oldboss(m): 5:27pm On Jul 04, 2021
1069nine:
[s][/s]
(•̀へ•́╮) cool
1069nine:
[s][/s]
(•̀へ•́╮)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 5:32pm On Jul 04, 2021
You saw some good things....guy I now understand you better. That team that played Mexico is full with carpenters called footballers, a team that the centre back played countless pass back to the opponent, a team that can't defend for their life, a team that had no shot at goal for 92mins, a team that should have collected nothing less than 3 red card. I have always be a proponent of scrapping the farmer league we have and get serious about club licencing football in this country and stop pretending. Can you remind me when last a Nigerian clubside played the semifinal not the final of Africa champions League.
BascoVanVeli:
I will maintain that I saw some good things. The goals were embarrassing though.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 5:38pm On Jul 04, 2021
At least the main Super Eagles weren't as crappy and disjointed as this NPFL footballers, those matches weren't even friendlies for that matter.

BascoVanVeli:

So bloody what? Did they lose to a country like Madagascar or a country always in the world cup quarterfinals When the main super Eagles chop 4 goals in Benin City against 114th ranked Sierra Leone where were you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2021
Odunayaw:
And someone wanted Rabiu Ali to even go grin

Leading goal scorer in the league if we are being current.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 5:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
I'm not against them playing international friendlies but they should play against home based African countries and not the North American football giant Mexico.

BascoVanVeli:
I still want more international matches for the local guys. How can a team participate in 2 different tournaments (CHAN & WAFU) but yet no get togethers or friendly matches. The whole team had 7 caps put together and that should never happen when there is a local team available. U can only get international experience by playing international matches. I believe this was what the sports minister spoke about so I am keeping faith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 5:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

the way you vouch for these amateur boys sometimes dey make me think if you hold stakes in their salary?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2021
seankafor:
the way you vouch for these amateur boys sometimes dey make me think if you hold stakes in their salary?

Yes I am even owed some now undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 6:08pm On Jul 04, 2021
Oldboss:
he would have Don a better job than those players
[color=#000099]
grin Yes he would
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:10pm On Jul 04, 2021
cc12:
I'm not against them playing international friendlies but they should play against home based African countries and not the North American football giant Mexico.

Where were you when I was asking why the foreign based players get to have a break Everyone here knows this match was wrong. Meanwhile the media is spinning it like the guys are already in preseason. Are the Mexicans not also based in Europe?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:11pm On Jul 04, 2021
cc12:
At least the main Super Eagles weren't as crappy and disjointed as this NPFL footballers, those matches weren't even friendlies for that matter.

Oya tell me of one attack u remember from that game?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:19pm On Jul 04, 2021
dijon:
You saw some good things....guy I now understand you better. That team that played Mexico is full with carpenters called footballers, a team that the centre back played countless pass back to the opponent, a team that can't defend for their life, a team that had no shot at goal for 92mins, a team that should have collected nothing less than 3 red card. I have always be a proponent of scrapping the farmer league we have and get serious about club licencing football in this country and stop pretending. Can you remind me when last a Nigerian clubside played the semifinal not the final of Africa champions League.

Grown men telling bold face lies. So u didn't see the team get Anayo two early chances that were blocked? How did that happen? Did the ball magically appear on his feet? U didn't see the calm passing in the midfield? Anthony Shimaga the number 4 especially. The goalkeeper making saves that would have been goals against Cameroon cheesy then Anayo blowing past the Mexicans and getting to the byline at will only to be let down by his final ball. The red card he should have won Only a pure hater will say they saw absolutely nothing in that game. Yes they collectively were bad but u could see the positives if u cared to look.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dijon: 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2021
Guy, you just scored an own goal. I believe even the football Sport Minister is knows better now...
BascoVanVeli:

(1) (2) (3) ... (10881) (10882) (10883) (10884) (10885) (10886) (10887) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 123jamessmith and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.