Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (10984) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11534403 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10981) (10982) (10983) (10984) (10985) (10986) (10987) ... (16097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:02am On Jul 28, 2021
do4luv14:

When I said you are an idiot, I don't even know am saying the truth,

So cos you work in Nigeria and doing well, I should fry fufu abi, you just show me your kind of person, the typical IPMN,

So me quoting you with, " you don start abi " means am asslicking Pinnick right

You stands for truth yet you fails to see the truth

Anyway you are not the only one I had engage here, there are many things in managing the Nff that must of us fails to see,

But since you lack insight into debating in an intellectual manner, without insulting or call names

Hmm I drop my case Oga humble

Odaaboooo

You should be the bigger idiot that has failed to learn tolerate other people's criticism of Pinnick

Like i said when i next i talk about his competence or incompetence kindly walk pass my posts

Same excuse u put up there, Buhari supporters will put up as explanations for the current mal-governance happening in the country

Leadership have been the bane of Nigeria and this has continued because we've always applaud them whether they do good or bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2021
do4luv14:

From CAF, and Pinnick, to Buhari, and now dalung, you can't stay one place in an argument wandering away at will, yet calling someone names for trying to bring you back,

So who is the hypocrite here me or you,

You keep showing your stupidity, thinking you are making sense,

Anyway I stand by my post on Dalung, and I will defend it anyway, anytime,

So you bringing in Dalung into it is dead on Arrival simple,

And........ I maintain still, you are an idiot,

Ditto

I showed you the posts to show your idiocy

U are the perfect synonym for the word

If u could criticise someone else then why cant others criticise pinnick
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:05am On Jul 28, 2021
chrisooblog:
To think we had it in our hands makes it harder to stomach embarassed

It's not just that, the questionable calls by the Refs, could had discourage them from playing their normal game plan, hence going for 3pointers, and making unnecessary mistakes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:07am On Jul 28, 2021
humility33:

You should be the bigger idiot that has failed to learn tolerate other people's criticism of Pinnick

Like i said when i next i talk about his competence or incompetence kindly walk pass my posts

Same excuse u put up there, Buhari supporters will put up as explanations for the current mal-governance happening in the country

Leadership have been the bane of Nigeria and this has continued because we've always applaud them whether they do good or bad

What an Idiotic fellow, still farting with his mouth
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:11am On Jul 28, 2021
humility33:

I showed you the posts to show your idiocy

U are the perfect synonym for the word

If u could criticise someone else then why cant others criticise pinnick

Simple question, does the post, correlate with the topic on ground?? No, and if yes, how

Secondly the post, and the person of interest in it, is a well documented topic,

And I will not give in to you trying so hard to bring and example that does not in anyway equated the topic of discussion,

Until then Daalu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 11:11am On Jul 28, 2021
Truidstar:
Dem say calvin bassey na the best left back we get currently.
Better than Salusi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2021
the boy is good
Truidstar:
Dem say calvin bassey na the best left back we get currently.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:28am On Jul 28, 2021
will be nice but i doubt leicester will sell ndidi this summer. united is interested in ruben neves who is a cheaper option
lloydtruth:
I desperately want to see this happen. This and maybe Moffi, Onuachu, and Sadiq's transfer will be a successful summer market for Nigerian players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 12:45pm On Jul 28, 2021
do4luv14:

Simple question, does the post, correlate with the topic on ground?? No, and if yes, how

Secondly the post, and the person of interest in it, is a well documented topic,

And I will not give in to you trying so hard to bring and example that does not in anyway equated the topic of discussion,

Until then Daalu

It wont correlate to u because u dont have analytical skills, your mind is not broad to understand that if u could criticise dalung for gross incompetence then why can't someone else criticise Pinnick.

You should learn to tolerate diverse views not everyone will like your Pinnick sorry insult u though but pls next time walk pass my post of me criticising pinnick, i will always praise or criticise him because he is the NFF boss and I have a locus standi on the matter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2021
humility33:

It wont correlate to u because u dont have analytical skills, your mind is not broad to understand that if u could criticise dalung for gross incompetence then why can't someone else criticise Pinnick.

You should learn to tolerate diverse views not everyone will like your Pinnick sorry insult u though but pls next time walk pass my post of me criticising pinnick, i will always praise or criticise him because he is the NFF boss and I have a locus standi on the matter

How will it correlate And you are still on this analytical mind,

The topic we are debating of is the West Africa bloc, agreeing to CAF new qualification pairings, which is a great disservice to West Africa, instead of you to attack the matter for what it is, you were saying Pinnick is to blame,

Then I look at the situation, but quoting you, by saying you don start abi,

Then you insult me, still I tried making you understand by saying a tree does not make a forest, yet you still insult me, going as far as including politics, buhari and now Dalung,

A broad mind would had understand my saying " a tree does not make a forest "

That's is putting it in its simplest form, " Majority wins the vote "

If you with an analytical skills, and a broad mind, cannot decode what my comments implied, then am so sorry my dear friend,

But................ If you can decode it, and correlate it with your Dalung example, then I will never, I repeat never quote you again and if I did, let the mods, give me a lenghty ban

Until the Daalu......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:09pm On Jul 28, 2021
Rivers Angels defeating as police if Niger 5-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBP6XzeL8OI

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 1:12pm On Jul 28, 2021
do4luv14:

How will it correlate And you are still on this analytical mind,

The topic we are debating of is the West Africa bloc, agreeing to CAF new qualification pairings, which is a great disservice to West Africa, instead of you to attack the matter for what it is, you were saying Pinnick is to blame,

Then I look at the situation, but quoting you, by saying you don start abi,

Then you insult me, still I tried making you understand by saying a tree does not make a forest, yet you still insult me, going as far as including politics, buhari and now Dalung,

A broad mind would had understand my saying " a tree does not make a forest "

That's is putting it in its simplest form, " Majority wins the vote "

If you with an analytical skills, and a broad mind, cannot decode what my comments implied, then am so sorry my dear friend,

But................ If you can decode it, and correlate it with your Dalung example, then I will never, I repeat never quote you again and if I did, let the mods, give me a lenghty ban

Until the Daalu......

I like the fact that you wont get to quote me again

You've always come out on my posts whenever i criticise Pinnick management not just this CAF Zoning which i seriously fault him because he is a top ranking caf executive and i believe he would have been possible to mobilise other west africa FAs to kick against this format

Mind u have come out to do same whenever i talk on Pinnick regarding coaches for the cadet teams qnd others i can't mention.... u made it like a point of duty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Amedino99(m): 1:16pm On Jul 28, 2021
Ppogbae:
Without any of our soccer teams, we are not going to medal in this Olympiad. Foreign borns cannot save this country. Either invest in domestic sports and build up our facilities or continue to experience disappointment like this.
We fail to win a medal, government promise to start next Olympics preparation early, start training late for the Olympics, we fail to win medal again at the next Olympics, government again promise to start training early again. The cycle repeats itself again and again. Boya we should stop going if we can't win a decent amount of medal at the Olympics.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
humility33:

I like the fact that you wont get to quote me again

You've always come out on my posts whenever i criticise Pinnick management not just this CAF Zoning which i seriously fault him because he is a top ranking caf executive and i believe he would have been possible to mobilise other west africa FAs to kick against this format

Mind u have come out to do same whenever i talk on Pinnick regarding coaches for the cadet teams qnd others i can't mention.... u made it like a point of duty

That does not answer the challenge post to you,

A point of duty indeed, are you the only one on here I quote on any Pinnick topic

There was a time a quote member as per the coaches salary, he laid his reply simple, then I explained it to him,

But you just fly to conclude that am a asslicker, and he is/was feeding me,

Answer reply to my other comment, or I go show you shege for this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:21pm On Jul 28, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Rivers Angels defeating as police if Niger 5-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBP6XzeL8OI

gotta watch it, but who is their next opponent in the semis
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
Amedino99:

We fail to win a medal, government promise to start next Olympics preparation early, start training late for the Olympics, we fail to win medal again at the next Olympics, government again promise to start training early again. The cycle repeats itself again and again. Boya we should stop going if we can't win a decent amount of medal at the Olympics.

Sadly this fire Bridget approach had cost us dearly, even eating deep into our aspect of life
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 1:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
Amedino99:

Stop saying what you don't know. Is it the government that prepares for Olympics or the players?

Many of those players have been preparing for a long time now. If you follow their social media accounts you'd know. People like Okagbare and others are professionals. They have a career and play round the year. Or do you think it is only at Olympics that they play all those games?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:30pm On Jul 28, 2021
do4luv14:

gotta watch it, but who is their next opponent in the semis

Honestly I don't know. I don't think they have finished the group stage yet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:11pm On Jul 28, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

Honestly I don't know. I don't think they have finished the group stage yet.

Oh!!! Seems the report I read isn't correct then
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Stop saying what you don't know. Is it the government that prepares for Olympics or the players?

Many of those players have been preparing for a long time now. If you follow their social media accounts you'd know. People like Okagbare and others are professionals. They have a career and play round the year. Or do you think it is only at Olympics that they play all those games?

I think both of you are right partly, cos it's still the duty of the government to provide training grants for them,

Blessing was vocal about it in the past before Delta state govt and her kit sponsor. Wede into it to provide training grant and sponsor her to those major meets

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 2:19pm On Jul 28, 2021
JohnBullMySon:

May be they are mediocre then and are hopelessly shit. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
Enyimba staying alive in the title race by the hairs on their chin. Very close call against MFM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSwk4KOgRlw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:33pm On Jul 28, 2021
do4luv14:

I think both of you are right partly, cos it's still the duty of the government to provide training grants for them,

Blessing was vocal about it in the past before Delta state govt and her kit sponsor. Wede into it to provide training grant and sponsor her to those major meets
In terms of not providing kits, it can be blamed on the government. But in terms of Olympics preparation, it is majorly on the athlete.

Beyond that, some of our athletes should look beyond the government and seek sponsorships from third party. Nigeria for now, is hopelessly poor and corrupt. We cannot keep waiting for a government that will not deliver. We need concerned citizens to step up and show support. Leon Balogun said some stuff about NFF yesterday, very saddening. These things will not change easily so we need private sector involvement in terms of monetary support.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 2:38pm On Jul 28, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
In terms of not providing kits, it can be blamed on the government. But in terms of Olympics preparation, it is majorly on the athlete.

Beyond that, some of our athletes should look beyond the government and seek sponsorships from third party. Nigeria for now, is hopelessly poor and corrupt. We cannot keep waiting for a government that will not deliver. We need concerned citizens to step up and show support. Leon Balogun said some stuff about NFF yesterday, very saddening. These things will not change easily so we need private sector involvement in terms of monetary support.

had not read Leon stuff about the Nff, yet but it's understandable, I thought he said, they had not been paid bonuses since 2019, phew that two years ago,

And our basketball girls own are 2018, 3years ago, I don't know what's going on in nff lately as per bonus payment, honestly I dont
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 2:40pm On Jul 28, 2021
timay:

May be they are mediocre then and are hopelessly shit. grin
Not necessarily. Olympics is not as easy as it looks from TV, some countries are here celebrating first medal in 50-60 years. At least we haven't gotten to that point.

Also, we can't be comparing ourselves with countries like USA, China, GB, Canada, Australia, Germany e.t.c. These are very developed countries with so much talent, commitment and the money to train and motivate sports. They also benefit a lot from migration and brain drain. Nigeria still has a long journey to make.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 2:55pm On Jul 28, 2021
when was the last time we won a gold medal at the Olympics. aside paralympics?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 3:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
do4luv14:

had not read Leon stuff about the Nff, yet but it's understandable, I thought he said, they had not been paid bonuses since 2019, phew that two years ago,

And our basketball girls own are 2018, 3years ago, I don't know what's going on in nff lately as per bonus payment, honestly I dont
NFF does not have money. They don't generate money. The little they have, they spend it on very useless and foolish things. Its like they're yet to understand what is actually their responsibility. They'll use the little money they have to ship homebased players around the world then sit down waiting for a confused government to prepare stadiums for them and fund their outstanding bonuses.

The English FA generated about £10 million in profits last year (a COVID year), while our own NFF is heavily indebted to its own primary stakeholders. Any money that should be used be used to fly homebased players should be used to improve the league instead. With time the league itself will be become a cash cow.

Instead of waiting for the state government that most recently renovated a stadium, NFF can rent one stadium for four years at least, regrass it with FIFA standard synthetic and maintain it alone, to keep costs down, nobody should be using it for any other thing, I get very angry when I see football stadiums being used for crusades or political rallies.

If they don't have money, let them beg and solicit publicly, both at home and in the diaspora. Are they too proud to do that? In America, politicians beg and solicit funds, even Biden begged to sponsor his campaign. Nobody diverts state money for campaign. I'm sure there are many Nigerians that will donate something at least, if they can be financially transparent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
NFF does not have money. They don't generate money. The little they have, they spend it on very useless and foolish things. Its like they're yet to understand what is actually their responsibility. They'll use the little money they have to ship homebased players around the world then sit down waiting for a confused government to prepare stadiums for them and fund their outstanding bonuses.

The English FA generated about £10 million in profits last year (a COVID year), while our own NFF is heavily indebted to its own primary stakeholders. Any money that should be used be used to fly homebased players should be used to improve the league instead. With time the league itself will be become a cash cow.

Instead of waiting for the state government that most recently renovated a stadium, NFF can rent one stadium for four years at least, regrass it with FIFA standard synthetic and maintain it alone, to keep costs down, nobody should be using it for any other thing, I get very angry when I see football stadiums being used for crusades or political rallies.

If they don't have money, let them beg and solicit publicly, both at home and in the diaspora. Are they too proud to do that? In America, politicians beg and solicit funds, even Biden begged to sponsor his campaign. Nobody diverts state money for campaign. I'm sure there are many Nigerians that will donate something at least, if they can be financially transparent.

I feel you my man it's packaging they are trying to do, such as when the Eagles play a very interesting game, there will be lots of spectators in the stadia,

The major thing here is that they don't have the funds to bring friendly to Nigeria, ;any other things like that, cos if they do, that itself will generate a lot of revenue through gate fees, memorabilia, and others but they don't yet,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:25pm On Jul 28, 2021
M7even:
when was the last time we won a gold medal at the Olympics. aside paralympics?

1996 Athens toi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2021
do4luv14:

That does not answer the challenge post to you,

A point of duty indeed, are you the only one on here I quote on any Pinnick topic

There was a time a quote member as per the coaches salary, he laid his reply simple, then I explained it to him,

But you just fly to conclude that am a asslicker, and he is/was feeding me,

Answer reply to my other comment, or I go show you shege for this thread

In a faceless forum c'mon i am not that jobless grin
I will always criticise him when he does wrong and when he does right will praise him just do all u can to aviod my posts especially when it has to do with the NFF
It does answer the challenge pose to me...

Just leave my posts on pinnick, cant even remember stooping so low to insults someone online even argument with forgivenezz don't think i ever gone this far
I apologise to you for the insults
Just leave my posts with Pinnick, and we'll be fine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:31pm On Jul 28, 2021
There is a slight chance Akwa United win the league today if they draw their match and their rivals lose.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:24pm On Jul 28, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

They might decide to outrightly buy the player, but first have to confirm UCL group stage money will come.

Olympiacos have cancelled the loan deal for Onyekuru.

They will now be buying him outright, this season. Trust.

Also Lorient have convinced Terem Moffi to stay for at least one season, only a big offer now will see him move.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10981) (10982) (10983) (10984) (10985) (10986) (10987) ... (16097) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Impeccable5248(m), Taazenga(m), 10cedes, maidaboi(m), Philosopher1979, orohbiro(f) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.