Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11178) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11563350 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11175) (11176) (11177) (11178) (11179) (11180) (11181) ... (16110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:05am On Sep 09, 2021
Subzero047:

Which England do you want to bring grin

The one dem dey call osupa London for Lekki
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2021
Olulong:
Carlos Queiroz now Egypt Coach.

Omo kiss

Choiii those Pharaohs sef them Dani provoke oooooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:10am On Sep 09, 2021
Point taken

Meliforme:

Watch his club games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2021
Meliforme:
[/b]

This is not true.

Only Ahmed Musa has a better staying power (stamina) than EJuke, if you are to grade the stamina of the wingers we have.

So now, the new arguments is stamina, and strength OK ooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NeloNelo: 11:12am On Sep 09, 2021
Stormtrooper11:

I understand that he doesn't select players that we perceive to be good enough. Like the Musa and Moses selection. About Aina and Ebuehi, i don't think we can all be sure about this. There is this spark Aina brings during build ups and offensives. I can't castigate Tyronne Ebuehi, because he has few appearances, chances and starts in the Super Eagles. I support more game time for Ebuehi.
P. S-i haven't really been a fan of Gernot Rohr

https://thegisthouse.com/billionaire-businessman-celeberates-with-super-eagles-starsgives-n20m-pledge/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by NeloNelo: 11:13am On Sep 09, 2021
12large1:

Onyekuru na baller. Another impressive performance again from him continuing from where he stopped vs Liberia. Unfortunately, if everyone is fit and available for selection, onyekuru and ejuke will be dropped to accommodate Simon Moses and Ahmed musa (Bad end product) our coach doesn’t even know his best players
https://thegisthouse.com/billionaire-businessman-celeberates-with-super-eagles-starsgives-n20m-pledge/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:59am On Sep 09, 2021
I pray our away record improves drastically.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2021
daveP:
I pray our away record improves drastically.
NPFL?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:14pm On Sep 09, 2021
12large1:

Even his last game for eagles, he was more impressive than Aina. The win that we win 3 - 0
yeah, against a top African team called Lesotho

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Pound for Pound. Moses is still far better than Onyekuru. The only thing I like about Onyekuru is that he has eyes for goal.

Ejuke knows how to dribble but he messes up the attack too often. He holds the ball for too long, giving the defense an opportunity to mark others. If he can add quick passing, he'll be more useful and dangerous.

So you would rather musa or Moses that doesn’t even beat their man or absolutely no end product? Ejuke made the keeper save 2 great saves yesterday, if not na 2 goals be dat. His combination with Collins was impressive

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 2:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
12large1:

Thunder fire your left nyash. When was the last time that Moses Simon had a good game for Nigeria? I hope you realize that onyekuru has been impressive in his last 3 games for Nigeria. Vs benin, Lesotho and Cape Verde. To be fair, Simon and musa doesn’t even deserve to be on our 23 man squad based on their performance for super eagles in the last 2 years and we keep getting away with bad selection because of the inferior opponents that we’re facing
Dude, must there be an insult before u make ur points known?? I seem not to understand... Are u this way in real life?? Pls u really need to put a stop. My honest advice.

14 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:54pm On Sep 09, 2021
Guy honestly you need to calm down. No reason for all this abusive outbursts. You made reasonable observations but no need for all the thunder this fire that okay chief?

12large1:

Thunder fire your left nyash. When was the last time that Moses Simon had a good game for Nigeria? I hope you realize that onyekuru has been impressive in his last 3 games for Nigeria. Vs benin, Lesotho and Cape Verde. To be fair, Simon and musa doesn’t even deserve to be on our 23 man squad based on their performance for super eagles in the last 2 years and we keep getting away with bad selection because of the inferior opponents that we’re facing

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Stormtrooper11(m): 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2021
chrisooblog:
For now under Rohr his preferred setup is to use a lone striker which has served us well during his tenure. Kelechi in the beginning, Ighalo and now Osimhen have all done reasonably well under this system. But I suspect you think like I do that a system which utilizes 2 forwards will be absolutely devastating to the opposition. Personally I think God has blessed Gernot with strikers and wingers that all have different strengths and attributes so trying to come up with a good balance should be possible.

For the Liberia game I think many factors contributed to Victor's below par showing. The pitch didn't help also the supporting cast were often not on the same wavelength with him. Like Supernerd so expertly broke down their were two glaring occasions that Aina and Ndidi out to have passed to him but choose the wrong option. Anyway strikers have their off days. Aubameyang and Salah were ineffective in the Gabon vs Egypt game so it happens.

Thing is forwards like Victor not matter what kind of game they are having can always nip in to score a vital goal when it matters most.

Absolutely. I totally agree with you. Exactly what I thought.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
Odunayaw:
NPFL?

Definitely. And a little on the Senior team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
So the SE is the only one of the 4 WA Football powerhouses that haven't gotten to a WC Quarterfinals?

This should be the Qatar target for me. We've however been the best CAF reps at the Elite Showdown with 21points accrued in total, after overtaking Cameroon(19) with that Iceland win at 2018. So far so good, no other team seems eager to overtake that tally anytime soon. But thats the more reason we should be targeting a better finish.

Played 21
Won 6
Draw 3
Lost 13
Goals scored 23
Conceeded 30
GD -7

Nigeria and Cameroon(top two) have the worst lost record with 12 each. While Cameroon have the worst defence, conceeding a whooping 43.

Senegal(ranked 5th) are the only team from CAF with a +GD of +1. The rest are negative and Senegal also have the best loss record of 2.

Nigeria are the best attacking side with 23goals(only team with 20+ goals), and Cameroon are the worst defence with 43goals.

Best defence remains Senegal after 8games. But Ghana has 5losses after 12 games. Algeria have 13games and 13goals(one goal/game) with 12pts in total.

Projection for Qatar

Nigeria go there with a -7
Senegal go with +1
Algeria with -6
Morocco with -8
Egypt with -7
Civ with -1

Which CAF rep would change their GD record for the better after 3games+?

Will Nigeria better their KO record?

Will another loss occur at the group stages to make it 13losses?

Will the defence, team as a whole, be resolute and prefer to draw than conceed and lose?

Will Senegal have a better GD?

Will Egypt, Morocco, Algeria Change their world Cup fortunes for the better?

Which of the top team's attack would make Africa proud after 3games?

Which of the top teams defence would have the best showing?

Qatar comes.

I hope fortunes change for the better.

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
12large1:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
12large1:

make your point without insult...you made a valid point but d bolded spoilt the nice article. undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
joelsteron:

I mean Ndidi can play and act as CM as it's noticeable in his going forward in recent games just like kante does for Chelsea. Then aribo can steb back while he does and vice versa

He lacks the ball playing ability...if you play ndidi as a CMF then expect a bakayoko-liked performance. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
damagnificentusb:

I disagree with your last statement. I do not think ebuehi is clearly better than aina

So far so good...Aina has been average playing a RB for super eagles...I watched Fulham last season I am a huge fan of their coach...I noticed Aina best performance for Fulham came from the left side...and also super eagles too...his sweet assist to ighalo for the AFCON came from the left and naturally from his Hull City days he is a natural left back forget the fact he is right footed very proficient on his left foot...I think we should move him on the LB spot.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2021
grin

Like play like play, Ahmed Musa is going to Qatar. He's the only player, barring injury, that is assured of a spot if we qualify.

Don't ask me why. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2021
undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
AIG07:
grin

Multiple contractors that understand how to sync fast with each other.

Deadline and Public Integrity Image of Contractors

Assurance and bookmarking for future repairs, etc

grin

Weather Tracking+ almost 24/7 Men At Work with respect to laws of engineering and architecture. grin

Something like this was done prior to SA WC na if im not mistaken.

If na Nigeria, cool

Long long thing.

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 7:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
AIG07:
you re talking about the richest club in Europe if not the whole world

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 12:43am On Sep 10, 2021
Congratulations to Emmanuel Amuneke and Jay Jay Okocha for being selected to partake in the Arsene Wenger led FIFA technical group. The 38 player panel featuring the likes of Klinsman, Tim Cahill and Ronaldo Nazario will consult FIFA on the future direction of football.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:31am On Sep 10, 2021
daveP:
So the SE is the only one of the 4 WA Football powerhouses that haven't gotten to a WC Quarterfinals?

This should be the Qatar target for me. We've however been the best CAF reps at the Elite Showdown with 21points accrued in total, after overtaking Cameroon(19) with that Iceland win at 2018. So far so good, no other team seems eager to overtake that tally anytime soon. But thats the more reason we should be targeting a better finish.

Played 21
Won 6
Draw 3
Lost 13
Goals scored 23
Conceeded 30
GD -7

Nigeria and Cameroon(top two) have the worst lost record with 12 each. While Cameroon have the worst defence, conceeding a whooping 43.

Senegal(ranked 5th) are the only team from CAF with a +GD of +1. The rest are negative and Senegal also have the best loss record of 2.

Nigeria are the best attacking side with 23goals(only team with 20+ goals), and Cameroon are the worst defence with 43goals.

Best defence remains Senegal after 8games. But Ghana has 5losses after 12 games. Algeria have 13games and 13goals(one goal/game) with 12pts in total.

Projection for Qatar

Nigeria go there with a -7
Senegal go with +1
Algeria with -6
Morocco with -8
Egypt with -7
Civ with -1

Which CAF rep would change their GD record for the better after 3games+?

Will Nigeria better their KO record?

Will another loss occur at the group stages to make it 13losses?

Will the defence, team as a whole, be resolute and prefer to draw than conceed and lose?

Will Senegal have a better GD?

Will Egypt, Morocco, Algeria Change their world Cup fortunes for the better?

Which of the top team's attack would make Africa proud after 3games?

Which of the top teams defence would have the best showing?

Qatar comes.

I hope fortunes change for the better.

Bros, Cameroon is in Central Africa and not in West Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:36am On Sep 10, 2021
sheyishemba:

He lacks the ball playing ability...if you play ndidi as a CMF then expect a bakayoko-liked performance. grin

For me, Ndidi has not really been outstanding in the Super Eagles Jerseys.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 10, 2021
Icon4s:

For me, Ndidi has not really been outstanding in the Super Eagles Jerseys.

Well that can be attributed to the fact he is been played as a double pivot...he is playing extremely well for leceister city cos he is a lone DMF and also the coach's instructions goes a long way I think he is struggling with rohr's pattern, he is always a beast in leceister.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:39am On Sep 10, 2021
Just got my tickets for akwa United's first ever champions league match grin can't wait for Sunday

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 11:04am On Sep 10, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
Just got my tickets for akwa United's first ever champions league match grin can't wait for Sunday
hope the pitch has been worked on
Because it was an eyesore at their closing match..
Don't know why it's hard to maintain pitches in Naija
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:09am On Sep 10, 2021
Icon4s:

Bros, Cameroon is in Central Africa and not in West Africa.
Okay. Thanks!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:55am On Sep 10, 2021
seankafor:
hope the pitch has been worked on
Because it was an eyesore at their closing match..
Don't know why it's hard to maintain pitches in Naija

they were putting sand in those small holes made by boots. From the beginning I said it was a terrible idea. Now they have put so much sand that the field has 2 colors.

U can't blame them too much like the saying goes if they knew better they would do better. We don't have knowledge of how to take care of pitches. Let's just accept that truth and get a honest foreigner to help us. For the things we don't have that person can help us invent cheaper technologies. I keep telling folks that people go to school for this grass stuff.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11175) (11176) (11177) (11178) (11179) (11180) (11181) ... (16110) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christology(m), hatakekakashi, TheSuperNerd(m), Philosopher1979, elyte89, Odunayaw(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.