Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,012 members, 7,806,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11571583 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11226) (11227) (11228) (11229) (11230) (11231) (11232) ... (16113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 10:32pm On Sep 24, 2021
TheSuperNerd:
Akinkunmi Ayobami Amoo: Naija's Next Big Thing. FUTURE #10 who's also adept at RW

Meanwhile, my excitement at the continued rise and improvement of Akinkunmi Amoo knows no finish line.

The lad has now been played in an advanced Midfield role for the last 2-3 games now and he has delivered with class and top showings as a testament to his huge potentials.
Bagged a goal and a sweet assist TODAY from his new evolved role with Hammarby.

He has already excelled in the RW role in a 4-3-3 and 3-4-3 set up but a switch to a 3-5-2 now sees him Played on the Right side in an advanced Midfield position and he has been super influential as well.

Watch out for Amoo. Naija's next big left footed Pearl.

This lad must blow whether he like am or not!

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:39pm On Sep 24, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:
Umar Sadiq with a superb solo goal to give Almeria a vital home win.
Goal was epitome of his all-round ability.

Movement.
Decision making.
Speed.
Finishing. Went for a placed lob rather than a shot.
the guy is good and deserves a chance in the national team

Will pick him ahead of onuachu any day any time

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 12large1: 10:53pm On Sep 24, 2021
Let him proov himself at division 1 league before he can displace onuachu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:31pm On Sep 24, 2021
D'Tigress are now in the finals of the Afrobasketball championship.

13 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 1:10am On Sep 25, 2021
elunico:
D'Tigress are now in the finals of the Afrobasketball championship.
Yes oh
Congrats to them!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 1:12am On Sep 25, 2021
This man should just say he is tired of coaching in football cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 2:15am On Sep 25, 2021
12large1:
Let him proov himself at division 1 league before he can displace onuachu

Onuachu is sheer rubish. He is too technically limited for modern football. This is why big teams are not too eager to sign him.
Football is about your style of play sometime s. It might sound some how to you but Sadiq Umar is ten times better. Onuachu cannot even make a simple pass. Forget about him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 3:10am On Sep 25, 2021
Umar Sadiq goal vs Tenerife....

https://streamja.com/aXJvW

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lloydtruth: 7:24am On Sep 25, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Onuachu is sheer rubish. He is too technically limited for modern football. This is why big teams are not too eager to sign him.
Football is about your style of play sometime s. It might sound some how to you but Sadiq Umar is ten times better. Onuachu cannot even make a simple pass. Forget about him
What a way to discredit a player just to credit another. Can you explain what you mean by technically limited?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by drDoom3(m): 7:27am On Sep 25, 2021
Ppogbae:

Sadiq is almost as fast as Osimhen, he just needs to be more aggressive. His composure though is way above Osimhen currently. I said currently because Osimhen had wonderful one-on-one finishes at Lille, I don’t know what happened to his confidence since he joined Napoli.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:33am On Sep 25, 2021
Ghana has reappointed Milo Rajevac to help turn around their fortunes, though they don't have much quality talents. But we are here swimming with this crap of a coach called Rohr, though we have more quality talents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:35am On Sep 25, 2021
TheLoneCitizen:

Why bring me into this, man?

Because I want you to tell me why Rodgers hasn't been playing Iheanacho his best forward.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:38am On Sep 25, 2021
What happened to Alhassan? I don't see no post(s) about him and his exploits lately
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 7:54am On Sep 25, 2021
ChrisKels:
What happened to Alhassan? I don't see no post(s) about him and his exploits lately

Injured
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 7:55am On Sep 25, 2021
ChrisKels:
Ghana has reappointed Milo Rajevac to help turn around their fortunes, though they don't have much quality talents. But we are here swimming with this crap of a coach called Rohr, though we have more quality talents.
Mention the ills of Rohr, Stop all this shout that Nigeria has players, How many of our players are starters for top teams (Bayern, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Juventus, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, Barca) Only Ndidi is a confirm started for an above average team in the top 5 league.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 8:07am On Sep 25, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Chai, I resisted the urge to insult you. Even if you hate Onuachu, what is this?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 25, 2021
BARAJ92:
Mention the ills of Rohr, Stop all this shout that Nigeria has players, How many of our players are starters for top teams (Bayern, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Juventus, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Athletico Madrid, Barca) Only Ndidi is a confirm started for an above average team in the top 5 league.
Na by starters for top teams?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Being the highest scorer in Belgian football isn't "rubbish". If you are going to troll, at least put some effort into it!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ppogbae: 8:21am On Sep 25, 2021
ChrisKels:

Rajevac that led them to quarterfinals?

This is quite interesting...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:33am On Sep 25, 2021
BARAJ92:

Besides Mahrez, can you name any other Algerian player that is a starter for a top team? Do you ever see their coach using that as an excuse the way Rohr does? By the way, does Algeria have more quality than we do yet we are so poor both tactically and otherwise ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 8:53am On Sep 25, 2021
Ghana is currently in danger of not qualifying for the world cup so their action is understandable. That said the guy they hired has been jobless for a very long time so I don't know what miracle they want him to perform.

ChrisKels:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:58am On Sep 25, 2021
BARAJ92:

I saw this nonsense comment on one of the football pages on Facebook prior to our game against Liberia... I can bet my balls that you are the same guy...

Folks like you have no business watching football.. You are very very ignorant....

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2021
ChrisKels:

Besides Mahrez, can you name any other Algerian player that is a starter for a top team? Do you ever see their coach using that as an excuse the way Rohr does? By the way, does Algeria have more quality than we do yet we are so poor both tactically and otherwise ?

Ignore that guy.... People like him that are always quick to equate football with basketball where you need big name players to win trophies have no business with the sport...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 9:01am On Sep 25, 2021
This is very unfair on Onuachu. Should he shed blood on the field before you acknowledge that he's talented in his own right? Scoring 30 goals in any league is nothing to sneeze at so just appreciate the man first.

You are entitled to prefer Sadiq but this habit of pitting one player against another to promote your favorite is not right. When the time is right Sadiq will get his time in the sun.

Philosopher1979:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:25am On Sep 25, 2021
Ppogbae:

I don’t see anything special about this guy, if Onauchu has not performed in the GWG we would be clamoring about him this way
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:30am On Sep 25, 2021
Philosopher1979:

The only rubbish I see here is your sense of reasoning. You said football is about style sometimes, but his style has made him a successful striker, so what nonsense are you capping again?

I have been reading your posts in here, and overtime, your takes have shown that you are a complete opposite of your chosen moniker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 9:33am On Sep 25, 2021
Truidstar:
Na by starters for top teams?
Then they are not a top quality player. Rohr has qualified us for all the tournament since his arrival before his arrival we did not qualify for African Cup of nation for 2 consecutive season yet you guys are shouting as if he is the one ruining Nigeria football.
What are your reason for Rohr to be sack?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:37am On Sep 25, 2021
Philosopher1979:

Ten times better but struggled in Eredivise, huh!

What technique do you need than scoring goals? You want him to be like Ben Johnson and Okocha who can dribble but hardly scores, abi? So that you can find something to discredit his effort.

Please, respect the boy. He is not the problem of any player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 9:41am On Sep 25, 2021
ChrisKels:

They have more quality than us, all over the field. It is not by forwards
Benrahma

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:41am On Sep 25, 2021
BARAJ92:
Then they are not a top quality player. Rohr has qualified us for all the tournament since his arrival before his arrival we did not qualify for African Cup of nation for 2 consecutive season yet you guys are shouting as if he is the one ruining Nigeria football.
What are your reason for Rohr to be sack?

Did we have these quality of players prior Rohr's arrival? Wait I know the next lame excuse your gonna give which is "Rohr brought these players to the team" as if he had any other options, or was the one that bred them, or contributed to their respective successes. Rohr is just lucky to have been at the helm when there is a glut of talents yet he can't make good use of them, I wonder what he would have done if he was here when there was a dearth of talents

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:43am On Sep 25, 2021
BARAJ92:
They have more quality than us, all over the field. It is not by forwards
Benrahma

Name the Algerian Starting 11 side by side with Nigeria's then tell me who is better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BARAJ92(m): 9:44am On Sep 25, 2021
Danielnino00:

I saw this nonsense comment on one of the football pages on Facebook prior to our game against Liberia... I can bet my balls that you are the same guy...

Folks like you have no business watching football.. You are very very ignorant....
Very knowledgeable Individual, mention the world class player in Nigeria team. What we have are bunch of average players with few above average players.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11226) (11227) (11228) (11229) (11230) (11231) (11232) ... (16113) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Kog45(m), andrewbaba44 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.