Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,862 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:04 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (11440) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11323641 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11437) (11438) (11439) (11440) (11441) (11442) (11443) ... (16041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:35pm On Oct 23, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Norwich case simple, dem suppose sack their coach now and when they get relegated, hire him again to bring them back. D guy na expert for championship.

No they won't grin they are not that ambitious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by damagnificentusb(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

He said he prefer osimhen to mbappe and there is nothing wrong about that

Back to our arguement then ,I started the arguement by saying Haaland is better than osimhen ,I didn’t ask anyone or nerdy who do they prefer so please stop lying

Thank you .

grin grin. Now he says I'm lying, like seriously
u're obviously the liar here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2021
damagnificentusb:

Make d two of una sha pour plenty water for your pants, that's all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:42pm On Oct 23, 2021
damagnificentusb:

But the argument was who was the better player not who we prefer

Abi na you wan tell me about argument wey i start?

You are just a bandwagon on this arguement so I won’t really blame you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Spare tire now, shebi u get motor and una know d job of spare tire now, abi una no know? Top midfield of Barcelona that time na Xavi, Iniesta and Yaya kapicsh.

Keita was not a spare tire sir

There was a laliga season keita started more than 30 games

Keita was one of pep favorites bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:44pm On Oct 23, 2021
Saul Niguez no still enter pitch o grin

Cc Andrewbaba44
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:46pm On Oct 23, 2021
Meliforme:

I find it somehow sentimental of you to think that i am downplaying Victor Moses, when i clearly stated the area where he excels.
As far as wing forward play is concerned Victor Moses has nothing on those guys. I would have preferred you counter me with good debate, but you will not. I will refrain from schooling you Mr Andrew, even though you really need it.

I am not in charge of player selection, therefore i will have the least of worries regarding that. Anybody can be recalled and i will still enjoy the game, nevertheless i am just stating the obvious.

Lol

I dont need your schooling because you might end up saying nothing , so my broda you made a good decision by not trying to.

You are welcome to school me on others aspects of life as we are all learning everyday grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dymusty86: 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2021
charlesemeka85:
best bet for osimehn if he wants to leave napoli is juventus,bayern or psg

madrid already have red hot benzema and mbappe will be joining them by next summer

man city style of play won't suit osimehn and i foresee a crazy scenario where pep may drop him on the bench to play torres or silva as false 9 which will make many here go mad

united is a good option but with the presence of ageless cr7 osimehn should be ready to play back up to the portueguese goal machine

another good option which i strongly believe will suit osimehn's all action and explosive style of play is ATM but with suarez still banging the goals with no sign of leaving soon our boy may settle for a place in the bench

chelsea just spent big to bring lukaku back and i don't see them selling him off after a season just to spend huge again to bring in a replacement

liverpool like man city does not rely on a number 9 so going there will be a huge mistake

barca yes but i doubt they have the finance to lure osimehn currently

then epl new money bags newcastle? the posibility is very high and if they go all out to get him osimehn will become poster boy of the tynesiders. there is nothing money can't do so if the arabians wants him and offers napoli over 100m with a mouth watering contract offer to osihmen he will definitely jump ship asap

football na hustle grin
Osimehn have the talent to play for any club. No club will splashed out 100k + for a player without having his spot available or will not give him a chance. In fact the couch is at risk of his job if he fail to field such a player even if he is not the one that buy the player. For me, If Oshimen will eventually leave Napoli he should study the playing style of the coach/club if it suits his.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2021
Subzero047:
Saul Niguez no still enter pitch o grin

Cc Andrewbaba44

Then why did they get him on loan?

We cant see a good performance from the bench nah baba

Tuchel got him on loan and ends up playing loftus cheek and barkley ahead of him who arent up to his level
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:00pm On Oct 23, 2021
Plot twist:

Osimhen remains in Napoli for the next 10 years, becomes a legend and moves to MLS at 33.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

But the argument was who was the better player not who we prefer

Abi na you wan tell me about argument wey i start?

you dey mind all this one wey know no anything about the argument from the beginning just jump into something dey know nothing about even thegoodjoe decided to use preference as goal shifting while what we argued about was the 'better all round' the supernerd brought to give osimehn the edge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2021
Daniel Farke is really disappointing me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 23, 2021
ChrisKels:

Senegal:-

• Fode Yannick Toure - Young Boys
• Boulaye Dia - Villarreal
• Nicolas Jackson - Villarreal
• Fode Balo-toure - AC Milan
• Idrissa Gana Gueye - PSG
• Abdou Dialo - PSG
• Sadio Mane - Liverpool
• Eduard Mendy - Chelsea
• Bouna Sarr - Bayern Munchen

Matters arising: Qatar 2022.

Are African teams ripe enough to reach the semi's of the world cup?

With a squad like this I'm tipping Senegal to reach the Semi's.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2021
What on earth is Simi doing in Salernitana
That team is whack!
Despite the number of goals Simi had last season despite his team being relegated, he could not move to a better team but this useless team?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Keita was not a spare tire sir

There was a laliga season keita started more than 30 games

Keita was one of pep favorites bro
Was Keita the preferred choice in midfield or back up?
Number 2 why was Keita moved from midfield to play left back if he wasn't a spare tire? No be so person dey use spare tire, use it to plug places where the desirable is not available and e dey vulcanizer shop? No way Keita could bench Xavi, Iniesta and Toure if all are available and fit, Abidal sickness left a hole in the team that Keita was used to temporarily plugged.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2021
Beloved3:

Matters arising: Qatar 2022.

Are African teams ripe enough to reach the semi's of the world cup?

With a squad like this I'm tipping Senegal to reach the Semi's.
If they hire a good coach, they could go far. Their present coach is limited in his abilities and technical acumen.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:21pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Then why did they get him on loan?

We cant see a good performance from the bench nah baba

Tuchel got him on loan and ends up playing loftus cheek and barkley ahead of him who arent up to his level

He has not impressed in training that's the point and he didn't impress in his debut and in his sub appearance in the Champions league

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2021
AndSunGorilla:

Was Keita the preferred choice in midfield or back up?
Number 2 why was Keita moved from midfield to play left back if he wasn't a spare tire? No be so person dey use spare tire, use it to plug places where the desirable is not available and e dey vulcanizer shop? No way Keita could bench Xavi, Iniesta and Toure if all are available and fit, Abidal sickness left a hole in the team that Keita was used to temporarily plugged.

Tell me how many games seydou keita played as left back ? I guess he started 30 games as a left back grin

Keita was never a spare tire at Barca

Same Keita that has scored hatrick as a midfielder at Barca ,someone that played 46 games in his first season ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2021
Subzero047:

He has not impressed in training that's the point and he didn't impress in his debut and in his sub appearance in the Champions league

You cannot use 1 game to judge a player

Tuchel is not giving him chance and that’s it

He just collect the guy on loan for nothing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Tell me how many games seydou keita played as left back ? I guess he started 30 games as a left back grin

Keita was never a spare tire at Barca

Same Keita that has scored hatrick as a midfielder at Barca ,someone that played 46 games in his first season ?

Simple question sir, who were the preferred midfield trio in Barca at that time. Thank you sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2021
TFLASHOGEE:
you dey mind all this one wey know no anything about the argument from the beginning just jump into something dey know nothing about even thegoodjoe decided to use preference as goal shifting while what we argued about was the 'better all round' the supernerd brought to give osimehn the edge.

Now you know that a coach or person will prefer a lower rated player over a top rated player due to attributes.

No one, will say Osimhen is better over Haaland because of Haaland is rated higher.

So, he will give his reasons why he prefers Haaland.

All round attributes Is a reason why one will prefer a player over another.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

Getting Saul Niguez was a last was a panicked decision, he himself confirmed it, that the papers for the deal were not submitted until around an hour to closure of the window, and that same week Kante got injured, and nobody really believed Loftus Cheek will pick back his form (am not saying Cheek is better than Saul) Cheek is used to the league and has played in England for sometime now, so its normal playing someone you trust than playing someone u don't trust, seeing the way Chelsea handle coaches Wn they have a run of bad games. Guy I swear even if u be Chelsea coach u for do the same tin wer TT da do
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2021
andrewbaba44:

You want him to be playing Okoto for a guy chasing the league grin the one he was subbed on in the Champions league what did he play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Now you know that a coach or person will prefer a lower rated player over a top rated player due to attributes.

No one, will say Osimhen is better over Haaland because of Haaland is rated higher.

So, he will give his reasons why he prefers Haaland.

All round attributes Is a reason why one will prefer a player over another.

If a striker guarantees you 49 goals in 49 games there would be no reason for you to prefer another striker with lesser numbers all every coach cares about is winning so what you are talking is okoto
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2021
Subzero047:

If a striker guarantees you 49 goals in 49 games there would be no reason for you to prefer another striker with lesser numbers,what you are talking is okoto

So why did Guardiola prefer signing a kid from Brazil and dropped a guaranteed Hitman for the kid?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2021
Subzero047:

If a striker guarantees you 49 goals in 49 games there would be no reason for you to prefer another striker with lesser numbers all every coach cares about is winning so what you are talking is okoto

In the modern game, tactics is king over individual quality.

It is what the player brings to teamwork that matters, than what he brings individual.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

So why did Guardiola prefer signing a kid from Brazil and dropped a guaranteed Hitman for the kid?

What happened the next season, Aguero took his rightful place and Gabriel Jesus was producing similar numbers to Aguero that's why Pep preferred Gabriel Jesus that season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

oga don't you get it I mentioned it to you the other day guardiola preference was because he wanted to build his team around Jesus which back fired, because Jesus wasn't gifted like Messi he tried it with at Barca and he went back to aguero who obviously had more game time and goals than Jesus until last season when aguero was down with injury. The preferred Jesus his still there now and guardiola is still playing false 9 with likes of Torres. you even called ekuke Jesus a beast in agility which Jesus will never attain compere to what aguero has grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2021
Subzero047:

What happened the next season, Aguero took his rightful place and Gabriel Jesus was producing similar numbers to Aguero that's why Pep preferred Gabriel Jesus that season

Because Aguero improved his work rate to suit the tactics. His prolific goalscoring prowess meant nothing to Pep if he was not doing his own part tactically to suit the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

In the modern game, tactics is king over individual quality.

It is what the player brings to teamwork that matters, than what he brings individual.

Are you saying Haaland doesn't fit into Pep's tactics or he doesn't have team work, Haarland has 19 assists over the last 2 seasons
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2021
Subzero047:

You want him to be playing Okoto for a guy chasing the league grin the one he was subbed on in the Champions league what did he play

So if you sign player and him play one game e no impress then you go drop am ?

You will Surely make a bad coach grin

A Chelsea fan has already quoted me and said the right thing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2021
TheGoodJoe:

Because Aguero improved his work rate to suit the tactics. His prolific goalscoring prowess meant nothing to Pep if he was not doing his own part tactically to suit the team.

He improved his workrate and started benching the work rate monster grin this shows you where Guardiola's priorities lie

(1) (2) (3) ... (11437) (11438) (11439) (11440) (11441) (11442) (11443) ... (16041) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.