Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:29 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11567023 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) ... (16111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pussypounder(m): 7:41pm On Feb 01, 2018
kennysville:

Those of you that like to mediate.... you are all witnesses now. I am yet to start any tirade on this forum and believe me when I start, it will get really ugly. Yall can read what ur friend here is saying now. If he cant discuss here without resorting to low digs, well it wont be nice. We all know how to throw some sass around. Call him to order ... for the last time

Thanks

Cc: Icons4s, Kog45 , TheGoodJoe, Joebie and others. Forgive me if I dont remember ur moniker

Mr Kenny, forgiveness is a well known woman beater, just ignore him please smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pussypounder(m): 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2018
English Premier League side West Ham United have signed 20 year old Nigerian striker Oladapo Afolayan after a short trial, the club confirmed in a statement on their official website.

Signed from National League club Solihul Moors, the forward will initially spend time with the U23s of the Premier League side, who are campaigning in the Premier League 2.

Blessed with pace and an eye for goal, he was signed on a three and a half year deal for an undisclosed fee. Oladapo will be hoping he re-enact same form that ‎saw him score goals for fun in the National League.

Oladapo is originally from London and spent time at Chelsea alongside the likes of Tammy Abraham and Dominic Solanke , when he was around eleven to 15 years old.

Eligible to represent England, the land of his birth, he can also play for Nigeria as his father is from the West African country. A link that could trigger a potential tug of war for his service at international level if he clicks at West Ham.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:48pm On Feb 01, 2018
pussypounder:

Idowu and Aina should make the 23 man squad to Russia, Echiejile the pensioner has no business in the team smiley

Aina has not really been so imposing at that LB. Competition may force Echiejile to up his game. So let's wait to see them in the friendlies and for Rohr to decide on that.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:52pm On Feb 01, 2018
If Osimhen Ideye, Success, and Musa start firing on all cylinders, Rohr will have a major selection headache.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pussypounder(m): 7:53pm On Feb 01, 2018
pussypounder:
English Premier League side West Ham United have signed 20 year old Nigerian striker Oladapo Afolayan after a short trial, the club confirmed in a statement on their official website.

Signed from National League club Solihul Moors, the forward will initially spend time with the U23s of the Premier League side, who are campaigning in the Premier League 2.

Blessed with pace and an eye for goal, he was signed on a three and a half year deal for an undisclosed fee. Oladapo will be hoping he re-enact same form that ‎saw him score goals for fun in the National League.

Oladapo is originally from London and spent time at Chelsea alongside the likes of Tammy Abraham and Dominic Solanke , when he was around eleven to 15 years old.

Eligible to represent England, the land of his birth, he can also play for Nigeria as his father is from the West African country. A link that could trigger a potential tug of war for his service at international level if he clicks at West Ham.
He should be given a chance in one of those.
Friendlies, I believe in his airial and frivantic movement upfronts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:58pm On Feb 01, 2018
Osimhen, Success, and Ideye are NOT making the team. Mark my words.

As for Musa, his chances are 50-50. The next few months is going to determine his fate.

O pari

tbaba1234:
If Osimhen Ideye, Success, and Musa start firing on all cylinders, Rohr will have a major selection headache.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
tbaba1234:

I don't think there would be any selection headache here. on that list we have those that have inside chance while some have outside chance. March is not like 8months time, it is next month and as from 3 weeks time we should be expecting the list of invitees. So anybody that wants to impress Rohr should have already commenced doing that now.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pussypounder(m): 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2018
Icon4s:

I don't think there would be any selection headache here. on that list we have those that have inside chance while some have outside chance. March is not like 8months time, it is next month and as from 3 weeks time we should be expecting the list of invitees. So anybody that wants to impress Rohr should have already commenced doing that now.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 8:08pm On Feb 01, 2018
Good point. Except for certain positions where we still lack quality (goalkeeper in particular), I don't see Rohr making any drastic changes to the current squad. In fact, it would take a clear outstanding performance for any player, currently on the outside, to displace a member of the current team.

Let me put it this way: 85-90 percent of the team is already set, so we're only talking about less than 15% (3 or 4 new additions max).

O pari

Icon4s:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
tbaba1234:
hmmm.... And one Sammy Ameobi de somewhere de dream of gatecrashing into the World cup team. I laugh.

Here too, many people want Rohr to give a look in to the CHAN boys. My question is who can they displace in the A-team? Osas, Udoh, Gabriel, Okpotu, Eze etc...

There is need for us to be real with ourselves and know that the era of quota system is far gone. No more automatic slots for home-based players. We are in a new era where even the established ones are not yet assured of making the list.

The competition is getting fierce with each passing day. No one is resting on their oars.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisa: 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
forgiveness:

Now, let me address your emotional rant.

Was I not rubbishing Kayode for Iheanacho in that @bolded?

Where were you then?

This was even when he was banging in goals left right and center in Austrian league for the second season. Despite that I rubbished Kayode. Get Free 500 Dollars To Trade Currency Online Make Up To 1000 Usd Daily
register www.instaforex.com/?x=CWDDOWhy?

Because I rated Iheanacho and others in better leagues than Kayode in the Austrian league.

Not all are sentimental and blind supporters like yourself.

I regard merit above sentiment. EOD

Is the @bolded tribalism or nepotism?

Is the @bolded not rubbishing? Why you or others no cry for Kayode when I dey rubbish am? Oh! Em no get immunity while Iheanacho has immunity, ba?

I support players based on merit and not on tribal connection, Mr man.

Next time check your facts right before spewing gibberish.

Ignorance is not an excuse, Mr I know.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pussypounder(m): 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2018
DrLikita12:
ten ten grin

Mama the mama, my greetings to you mam kiss

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisa: 8:15pm On Feb 01, 2018
somehow:
I was actually referring to the falconet's coach and not the super eagles's coach.
Get Free 500 Dollars To Trade Currency Online Make Up To 1000 Usd Daily
register www.instaforex.com/?x=CWDDO

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
Icon79:
Good point. Except for certain positions where we still lack quality (goalkeeper in particular), I don't see Rohr making any drastic changes to the current squad. In fact, it would take a clear outstanding performance for any player, currently on the outside, to displace a member of the current team.

Let me put it this way: 85-90 percent of the team is already set, so we're only talking about less than 15% (3 or 4 new additions max).

O pari

i'll like to see your list of the 85-90%
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
Icon4s:

Rohr already has most of his team but these guys can fight for the remaining spaces or make the coach change his mind if they are in good form.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:25pm On Feb 01, 2018
tbaba1234:

Rohr already has most of his team but these guys can fight for the remaining spaces or make the coach change his mind if they are in good form.

I get you but what I am saying is March is just next month so you need to have already started now to be firing those cylinders that will make Rohr change his mind. We should be expecting the March friendlies list from later this Month.

If you want to make it to Russia, it starts with the March Friendlies.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:30pm On Feb 01, 2018
Yomiwayne80:
Funny.... Mahrez refused turning up for training over his failed final day transfer to Manchester City. Dude is seriously vexing

I really think Leicester City messed up big time not allowing Mahrez move. This was a chance for the young man to play at a high level and have a shot at winning titles.

Rejecting four bids in a short time was nothing short of terrible. Especially when you consider the final bid of £65 million plus a player.

I really feel for him. Mahrez should let the pain go and sell himself by being brilliant until the end of the season. Then try to force a move.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2018
"Jones had a bad contact with the ball and scored an amazing goal Harry Kane would love to score."... Mourinho.

Savagery at its best. What a way to describe an own goal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2018
kennysville:

Those of you that like to mediate.... you are all witnesses now. I am yet to start any tirade on this forum and believe me when I start, it will get really ugly. Yall can read what ur friend here is saying now. If he cant discuss here without resorting to low digs, well it wont be nice. We all know how to throw some sass around. Call him to order ... for the last time

Thanks

Cc: Icons4s, Kog45 , TheGoodJoe, Joebie and others. Forgive me if I dont remember ur moniker

This thread used to be a place to escape the divisions on other threads. It was a place you find nairaland members who are civilized and respect each other.

forgiveness, I appeal to you to stop the rash tone and enough of the low digs. Let us restore the decency we used to have.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I really think Leicester City messed up big time not allowing Mahrez move. This was a chance for the young man to play at a high level and have a shot at winning titles.

Rejecting four bids in a short time was nothing short of terrible. Especially when you consider the final bid of £65 million plus a player.

I really feel for him. Mahrez should let the pain go and sell himself by being brilliant until the end of the season. Then try to force a move.

Mahrez is worth more than that amount with all honesty, though this would have been a major upgrade in his career.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2018
pussypounder:

Mama the mama, my greetings to you mam kiss

Greetings to you too smiley
Hope you're good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:56pm On Feb 01, 2018
mazimee:

Mahrez is worth more than that amount with all honesty, though this would have been a major upgrade in his career.

We bought Bernardo Silva £43 million on Mahrez. The offer was good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:00pm On Feb 01, 2018
kennysville:

Thanks

Kenny pls take it cool and move on,nothing to gain from feud,we are brothers here and let it be.God bless you.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 9:03pm On Feb 01, 2018
Barring any unforeseen circumstance, the Group A players are definitely going to Russia:

Group A
1. Victor Moses
2. Obi Mikel
3. Wilfred Ndidi
4. Kelechi Iheanacho (will definitely make the team. Aside from being one of our best strikers, he's also great for team unity)
5. Alex Iwobi
6. Eddy Onazi
7. Leon Balogun
8. Troost Ekong
9. Moses Simon
10. Chidozie Awaziem
11. Shehu Abdullahi
12. Odion Ighalo
13. John Ogu
14. Oghenekaro Etebo (likely to make it because he's a utility player)

Group B - Very likely to make the list - 90% chance
1. Brian Idowu
2. Tyronne Ebuehi
3. Ahmed Musa
5. Kenneth Omeruo
6. Francis Uzoho
7. Mikel Agu
8. Ola Aina
9. Elderson Echiejile (his experience might help him make team, if Aina fails to excel)
10. Joel Obi (most likely to make team if fully fit)
11. Ikechukwu Ezenwa

Group C - still on the outside looking in - less than 50% chance:
1. Anthony Nwakaeme
2. Olarenwaju Kayode
3. Henry Onyekuru
4. Sarenren Bazee
5. Isaac Success (supposed to be in group B but his attitude might cost him)
6. Dele Alampasu
7. Ajiboye (the new CHAN guy. Having seen him play though but I wanna go by all the commentaries here and elsewhere)

AIG07:
i'll like to see your list of the 85-90%

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by M7even(m): 9:13pm On Feb 01, 2018
Icon79:
Barring any unforeseen circumstance, the Group A players are definitely going to Russia:

Group A
1. Victor Moses
2. Obi Mikel
3. Wilfred Ndidi
4. Kelechi Iheanacho (will definitely make the team. Aside from being one of our best strikers, he's also great for team unity)
5. Alex Iwobi
6. Eddy Onazi
7. Leon Balogun
8. Troost Ekong
9. Moses Simon
10. Chidozie Awaziem
11. Shehu Abdullahi
12. Odion Ighalo
13. John Ogu

1. Brian Idowu
2. Tyronne Ebuehi
3. Ahmed Musa
5. Kenneth Omeruo
6. Francis Uzoho
7. Mikel Agu
8. Ola Aina
9. Elderson Echiejile (his experience might help him make team, if Aina fails to excel)
11. Ikechukwu Ezenwa

1. Anthony Nwakaeme
2. Olarenwaju Kayode
3. Henry Onyekuru
4. Sarenren Bazee
6. Dele Alampasu
7. Ajiboye (the new CHAN guy. Having seen him play though but I wanna go by all the commentaries here and elsewhere)

so u could write without the "o pari"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

We bought Bernardo Silva £43 million on Mahrez. The offer was good.

For a player as good and established in the Premier League, that amount isn't the true value of his worth. Aymeric Larporte was bought £60 m, a young defender for that matter but see the price wey we dey price Mahrez, not fair for a player of his status. I really feel bad for his loss, it would have made a lot of sense if we got him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:19pm On Feb 01, 2018
mazimee:

For a player as good and established in the Premier League, that amount isn't the true value of his worth. Aymeric Larporte was bought £60 m, a young defender for that matter but see the price wey we dey price Mahrez, not fair for a player of his status. I really feel bad for his loss, it would have made a lot of sense if we got him.

He was priced for 65mpounds,dem no try
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:21pm On Feb 01, 2018
Icon79:

Group A
1. Victor Moses
2. Obi Mikel
3. Wilfred Ndidi
5. Alex Iwobi
6. Eddy Onazi
7. Leon Balogun
8. Troost Ekong
9. Moses Simon
10. Chidozie Awaziem
11. Shehu Abdullahi
12. Odion Ighalo
13. John Ogu

1. Brian Idowu
2. Tyronne Ebuehi
3. Ahmed Musa
5. Kenneth Omeruo
6. Francis Uzoho
7. Mikel Agu
8. Ola Aina
11. Ikechukwu Ezenwa

1. Anthony Nwakaeme
2. Olarenwaju Kayode
3. Henry Onyekuru
4. Sarenren Bazee
6. Dele Alampasu

What about those German/english guys d media are tauting to make d worldcup list,at times I wonder if Nigeria is taking 45players to world cup smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 9:24pm On Feb 01, 2018
elyte89:

He was priced for 65mpounds,dem no try

Dem no try, he has more goals and assist than the person they want to replace him with. 75m or 80m is his true value.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2018
Icon79:

Group A
1. Victor Moses
2. Obi Mikel
3. Wilfred Ndidi
5. Alex Iwobi
6. Eddy Onazi
7. Leon Balogun
8. Troost Ekong
9. Moses Simon
10. Chidozie Awaziem
11. Shehu Abdullahi
12. Odion Ighalo
13. John Ogu

1. Brian Idowu
2. Tyronne Ebuehi
3. Ahmed Musa
5. Kenneth Omeruo
6. Francis Uzoho
7. Mikel Agu
8. Ola Aina
11. Ikechukwu Ezenwa

1. Anthony Nwakaeme
2. Olarenwaju Kayode
3. Henry Onyekuru
4. Sarenren Bazee
6. Dele Alampasu

My brother, let's not get ahead of ourselves here, your ranking is good but there is a certain Uduokhai, Akpoguma and Joel Obi that will be invited in March. The picture will become clearer after that. Too early to say who will go or not make it. Wish Rohr all the best.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:44pm On Feb 01, 2018
fabyom:
happy birthday @soetanoreoluwa. Age with grace bro.

Thanks so much bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 9:49pm On Feb 01, 2018
Icon4s:

Aina has not really been so imposing at that LB. Competition may force Echiejile to up his game. So let's wait to see them in the friendlies and for Rohr to decide on that.

But he has been playing as LB for hull city with MOTM and I think with a goal with it... Let wait n see March Is already here

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2724) (2725) (2726) (2727) (2728) (2729) (2730) ... (16111) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Tessyy1701, Amedino99(m), gloryon(m), cromz(m), humility33(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.