Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,290 members, 7,780,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11322157 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3759) (3760) (3761) (3762) (3763) (3764) (3765) ... (16041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:01pm On May 28, 2018
ChrisKels:

The scans will reveal everything. This is a world cup nobody wanna miss out. He could be pretending. When players are desperate dey can do anything to get picked. Players hide injuries remember?

They will be no scan for cramp.. He will be back in training in a couple of days.

You can not hide a fresh hamstring injury.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:03pm On May 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

E tire me. I just weak. Now he said that the team peaked in 2017. Yet goldfish80 was one of the severest critics of the team last year.

WC na our Christmas ooo since we grow up.
Make no mistake, I criticised individuals not the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:03pm On May 28, 2018
Toes first before thighs.
ChrisKels:

Alryt bro. I hope so though I saw him grab his thigh first before going down to hold his toes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:03pm On May 28, 2018
Moses Simon will have a second scan in Abuja, hopefully better news.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:04pm On May 28, 2018
Martz101:

we did...aluko and kayode

Are Aluko and Kayode an AMF?

Don't try to save face. You don't know. Simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:05pm On May 28, 2018
tbaba1234:
Moses Simon will have a second scan in Abuja, hopefully better news.

Dem eyes don dey open small small.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:07pm On May 28, 2018
I believe you're not among the noisemakers and should know better than this. maybe i am rating some people here too highly, someone like you should know the noisemakers by now... they invaded this thread some days back flooding everywhere with junks.
Mujtahida:

Calling people here noisemakers as if na gold him want drop. No be the same somehow wey don dey comment here since abi this one come from mount olympus with a new revelation into the deeper mysteries of football wey escape we the beer parlour analysts?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:08pm On May 28, 2018
Leaving people to make their noise will turn this thread upside down like most of other threads on NL full of rubbish with little to get edified on. like i said, i am not ready to entertain you.
safarigirl:
toh, na for witches and wizards you dry save your own analysis grin.

Since I am familiar with how most posters here 'analyse', I doubt I will be surprised by yours. Not very different from those you tag 'noisemakers'.

We all are in some way. Leave people to make their noise, it is analysis to them. We are different and everything posted here has bits and pieces that can be useful, tagging anyone a 'noisemaker' for posting their own opinion, no matter how ridiculous it may seem to you, is disrespectful.

Anybody wey no be Rohr, dey make noise as far as this team is concerned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 11:13pm On May 28, 2018
Supernerd where art thou, bro!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:15pm On May 28, 2018
Mujtahida:

Moses Simon injury is a loss. any injury to any of the regular 20-23 player we project to make the team is a loss. it will create imbalance in the team

You are right. I expect the players to avoid injury.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 11:17pm On May 28, 2018
somehow:
I believe you're not among the noisemakers and should know better than this. maybe i am rating some people here too highly, someone like you should know the noisemakers by now... they invaded this thread some days back flooding everywhere with junks.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

If you stand by the sidelines and I or other thought leaders stand by the sidelines and allow the invaders rule supreme this thread will lose its essence.

It's football season. Don't think they'd go away. Better give us the benefit of your quality opinions than wait for the invaders to go away.

We need all the regulars Bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:22pm On May 28, 2018
Lol my bad grin
Icon4s:

I am watching live. I mean slow motion.

Like now we know see a slow motion of that Simy display now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:23pm On May 28, 2018
Sorry na the crappy internet for Naija.
Icon79:
Joe, it ain't showing o. I kept getting an error message, thus:

Welcome to Joebie's broadcast page
Joebie is not currently broadcasting. Please try again later, or contact Joebie for more information.

O pari

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:23pm On May 28, 2018
somehow:
Leaving people to make their noise will turn this thread upside down like most of other threads on NL full of rubbish with little to get edified on. like i said, i am not ready to entertain you.
maybe you just joined us few months ago, so, you are unfamiliar with how things are here.

We have gone through three or so threads as a group, we have been together since October 2013, October of this year will make it five years, since the originators of this thread came together. Do you know how many 'noisemakers' we have entertained in that period? Well, they are certainly more than the amount of posts you have on this thread and yet, we always have space for them.

Noisemakers are a necessary part of this thread, in their own way, they contribute to the thread. They talk, they drag the team down, they predict the usual doom and gloom, but we who have five years experience with them, respond as much as we can and then ignore, because, dem no dey last.They will eventually fizzle out, but their opinions matter, because sometimes, they have valid points even in all of that pessimism

Don't disrespect people's opinions. To some of us here, you are also a noisemaker, but you don't see anyone throwing your opinion in the bin grin

Hope to see your analysis by morning. G'night

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:10am On May 29, 2018
Meliforme:
I love Ighalo, but Simmy is more technical. Looking foward to a midfield combo of Mikel Iwobi and Ndidi.

Don't go there with that technics bullsshit. Ighalo is full of technical and ,actually,that is his strength.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:26am On May 29, 2018
Rohr’s verdict on Simy

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:31am On May 29, 2018
I would love to see both play either halves against England

OMANBALA1:

Don't go there with that technics bullsshit. Ighalo is full of technical and ,actually,that is his strength.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 12:41am On May 29, 2018
I think Rohr will field both Ajiboye and Akpeyi in the game on Saturday. This is because Akpeyi, over the last 18 months, has only played 135 minutes for the team; and Ajiboye has not yet played against a non-African team.

The England friendly is obviously the last chance for either goalkeeper to stake a claim in the final squad.

Ezenwa playing all 90 minutes in 4 out of 6 WCQ matches, and Uzoho playing all 90 minutes in the last 3 matches indicates that both players have booked their seats on the plane to Russia.

Meanwhile, the best formation for the Super eagles at the World Cup would be either the 3-5-2 or 4-5-1; with Victor Moses playing on the left side of midfield as the common denominator in either system:

——————————-Uzoho————————-

———Ekong————Balogun——-Idowu———

—Ebuehi——-Mikel—Ndidi—-Etebo——V.Moses——

————————Iheanacho——Ighalo—————-

4-5-1:

———-Ebuehi——Ekong——Balogun——Idowu——

—-Shehu———-Mikel—-Ndidi——-Etebo——V.Moses——

——————————S. Nwankwo————————-

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:57am On May 29, 2018
bookmark http://nairatv.com to Livestream matches without country restriction.
It's free and clean, no funny ads. Live chat available plus free beer. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 1:20am On May 29, 2018
Naijal:
bookmark http://nairatv.com to Livestream matches without country restriction.
It's free and clean, no funny ads. Live chat available plus free beer. grin

My Nigga grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 1:34am On May 29, 2018
I say it again, it will be hard for Rohr to drop Simmy Nwankwo, Lokosa or not. It seems he is better with his feet than head.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 1:48am On May 29, 2018
tbaba1234:

I still dey wait for NIKE to release the jersey o!!..

About the Jersey, Nike is really promoting that Naija Jersey mehn.. It was a trivia question on a top White urban radio station in Toronto, this morning. It is looking like the top sport fashion wear even for Oyinbos this summer. Now I believe all the pre-orders numbers Nike has being claiming.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:00am On May 29, 2018
OMANBALA1:

Exactly. Ighalo is our most technically gifted and skillful striker. Dude can fashion a chance for himself out of nothing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 2:52am On May 29, 2018
A twitter user claims that the Super Eagles world cup jersey retails for N41,000 at the Ikeja City Mall Nike store...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:12am On May 29, 2018
My 23

Uzoho
Ezenwa
Ajiboye (but Rohr will take Akpeyi)

Omeruo
Ekong
Balogun
Awaziem
Idowu
Aina
Ebuehi

Shehu
Ndidi
Mikel
Onazi
Ogu
Etebo
Agu

Iwobi
Ighalo
V.Moses
Musa
Simy
Iheanacho

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:26am On May 29, 2018
Players i will drop

Agbo (simply have not seen him)
Joel Obi (has been unable to show his Serie A form for Nigeria after 3 games)
Simon Moses (Injury)
Akpeyi (Rohr will drop Ajiboye though)
Lokosa (Did himself a lot of credit, we should see him again post WC but with Ighalo and Simy as CFs, i do not see the space for him in the 23)
Elderson (could have received a red today, he is coming to the end of his international career. He has been a good servant)
Stephen Eze ( The fact that we did not see him suggests that he will be dropped)

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:58am On May 29, 2018
NFF organizes seminar for Super Eagles

The leadership of Nigeria Football Federation has concluded arrangements for a seminar on wealth creation, investments and portfolio management for players and officials of the Senior National Football Team, Super Eagles.

NFF 2nd Vice President/Chairman of Strategy Committee, Mallam Shehu Dikko told thenff.com that the seminar, which will see leading voices in the private sector who are partners of the NFF delivering papers, will take place at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja on Tuesday afternoon.

“We believe that it is important to also afford the players and their officials the opportunity to listen to critical advice in the area of wealth creation, business opportunities, investments and portfolio management.

“The focus should not always be entirely on playing football. Of course, the game on the pitch is important. But after the game, there is that aspect of human existence that also requires adroit management and knowledge –based action. Moreover, they cannot play football for ever. Management of what they have is key to life after retirement.”

The Super Eagles delegation is set to fly out of Port Harcourt to Abuja on Tuesday morning, and the Nigeria Football Federation has informed players and officials about the seminar, which will hold between 1.45pm and 2.30pm.

Mr. Bismark Rewane (Chief Executive Officer of Financial Derivatives); Mr. Olufemi Obaleke (Executive Director of WAPIC Insurance Plc) and; Mr. Tolu Adeleke (Partner, PriceWaterHouse Coopers) are among those who will speak to the World Cup –bound Eagles.

Organizers hinted thenff.com that the National Integrity Officer, Dr. Christian Emeruwa will also have a few minutes to talk about integrity matters at the session. The session comes before the contingent is scheduled to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) at the State House on Tuesday evening.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PDPGuy: 4:10am On May 29, 2018
My 23 will be:

Gks: Uzoho, Ajiboye, Ezenwa

Defenders: Ebuehi, Shehu, Awaziem, Omeruo, Ekong, Balogun, Idowu, and Aina.

Midfielders: Mikel Obi, Etebo, Onazi, Ndidi, Iwobi, John Ogu.

Attackers: V.Moses, Ighalo, Musa, S. Nwankwo, Iheanacho, Lokosa.
Yes, Lokosa will put up a decent performance against the English and that will propel him into the final squad

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mowah: 4:37am On May 29, 2018
Joebie:
NFF organizes seminar for Super Eagles

The leadership of Nigeria Football Federation has concluded arrangements for a seminar on wealth creation, investments and portfolio management for players and officials of the Senior National Football Team, Super Eagles.

NFF 2nd Vice President/Chairman of Strategy Committee, Mallam Shehu Dikko told thenff.com that the seminar, which will see leading voices in the private sector who are partners of the NFF delivering papers, will take place at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja on Tuesday afternoon.

“We believe that it is important to also afford the players and their officials the opportunity to listen to critical advice in the area of wealth creation, business opportunities, investments and portfolio management.

“The focus should not always be entirely on playing football. Of course, the game on the pitch is important. But after the game, there is that aspect of human existence that also requires adroit management and knowledge –based action. Moreover, they cannot play football for ever. Management of what they have is key to life after retirement.”

The Super Eagles delegation is set to fly out of Port Harcourt to Abuja on Tuesday morning, and the Nigeria Football Federation has informed players and officials about the seminar, which will hold between 1.45pm and 2.30pm.

Mr. Bismark Rewane (Chief Executive Officer of Financial Derivatives); Mr. Olufemi Obaleke (Executive Director of WAPIC Insurance Plc) and; Mr. Tolu Adeleke (Partner, PriceWaterHouse Coopers) are among those who will speak to the World Cup –bound Eagles.

Organizers hinted thenff.com that the National Integrity Officer, Dr. Christian Emeruwa will also have a few minutes to talk about integrity matters at the session. The session comes before the contingent is scheduled to meet with President Muhammadu Buhari (GCFR) at the State House on Tuesday evening.

Is this necessary? Anyway , who knows when the 25 man list is coming out?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:41am On May 29, 2018
PDPGuy:
My 23 will be:

Gks: Uzoho, Ajiboye, Ezenwa

Defenders: Ebuehi, Shehu, Awaziem, Omeruo, Ekong, Balogun, Idowu, and Aina.

Midfielders: Mikel Obi, Etebo, Onazi, Ndidi, Iwobi, John Ogu.

Attackers: V.Moses, Ighalo, Musa, S. Nwankwo, Iheanacho, Lokosa.
Yes, Lokosa will put up a decent performance against the English and that will propel him into the final squad
so you will drop iwobi?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:42am On May 29, 2018
tbaba1234:
Players i will drop

Agbo (simply have not seen him)
Joel Obi (has been unable to show his Serie A form for Nigeria after 3 games)
Simon Moses (Injury)
Akpeyi (Rohr will drop Ajiboye though)
Lokosa (Did himself a lot of credit, we should see him again post WC but with Ighalo and Simy as CFs, i do not see the space for him in the 23)
Elderson (could have received a red today, he is coming to the end of his international career. He has been a good servant)
Stephen Eze ( The fact that we did not see him suggests that he will be dropped)

you're spot on...had it been it was possible to take lokosa...it would have been good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:43am On May 29, 2018
tbaba1234:
My 23
Uzoho Ezenwa Ajiboye (but Rohr will take Akpeyi)
Omeruo Ekong Balogun Awaziem Idowu Aina Ebuehi
Shehu Ndidi Mikel Onazi Ogu Etebo Agu
Iwobi Ighalo V.Moses Musa Simy Iheanacho
you wrote true..... good list.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3759) (3760) (3761) (3762) (3763) (3764) (3765) ... (16041) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: chuks404, Amedino99(m), M7even(m), phamarsenal, Philosopher1979, kennysville(m), Joebie and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.