Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,787 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3772) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11568861 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3769) (3770) (3771) (3772) (3773) (3774) (3775) ... (16112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:27pm On May 29, 2018
That’s their opinion. But the fact is Nwakali has been given a chance (though team B), and he did excellently well.
forgiveness:

Does it change the fact that at the mention of Ajagun, people see abomination but Nwakali na god?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 2:29pm On May 29, 2018
Oasis007:

Apparently Eze, Lokosa and Ajiboye have slim chances respectively of making the List, but anything can happen still. I can't rule them out completely yet, coz I ain't part of the Coaching Crew.

Whoever makes the List is fine by me. All I wanna see is my darling Eagles soaring higher in Russia.

So where is all this news coming from? If Lokosa has being dropped, then its unfortunate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:30pm On May 29, 2018
kennysville:

I want to believe you are quoting the wrong person! Why? Because I never spoke about Iwobi at all. I was talking about Etebo. What is amusing right now is the bolded.
If in a champions league final, they found means of taking out MoSalah, whats stopping opponents from doing the same. Or do you think they are not observing? Dont you feel they are seeing much more than we do, studying our games. Dont you think they know how valuable Mikel is to our present team?

A little bit of foresight will help as over dependence on Mikel is what is costing us right now.

if you read my write up well you will understand more, I'm making you understand that iwobi and some other players can play that position maybe not like Mikel, or also made reference to siasia and mutiu playing instead of Okocha.

in most team when you take off there best player they will be affected especially national team.

Nigeria will do well and mikel will be fit and if not we will replace him well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:30pm On May 29, 2018
Martz101:

Oga with this your statement, i can finally state that you actually not here for the love you have for the national team rather you are here for an official purpose.

even if super eagles win the worldcup you will still have problem with the team, maybe you will tell us they should have won easier with your players

As a true loving Nigerian, I know you can't win World cup without the right set of players and good tactics hence the need to do the needful.

However, how many good striker did Rohr give chance to prove themselves?

It is a question that begs for an answer. Don't just sweep under the carpet.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 2:30pm On May 29, 2018
Certitude:

All this funny posts of defence not winning you games.

Well it doesnt but important.

If you can defend but cant score, when its time for PK, you dont have good scorers, you will lose out at the end.

I know you might say PK is totally different but you just have to know how to take accurate shots to even attempt pk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:30pm On May 29, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
any news about his injury?
nothing yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:32pm On May 29, 2018
Joebie:
That’s their opinion. But the fact is Nwakali has been given a chance (though team B), and he did excellently well.

So, what is the problem with my own opinion. Abomination, abi?

Given the chance through the back door, abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 2:35pm On May 29, 2018
forgiveness:

As a true loving Nigerian, I know you can't win World cup without the right set of players and good tactics hence the need to do the needful.

However, how many go striker did Rohr give chance to prove themselves?

What exactly do you want? The list has been released and there is nothing you can do to add or remove from the 30 man list, so why not just move on and discuss just the names on the list?

After worldcup, you can suggest and clamor for another 30 man list of yours for Qatar 2022.

He no dey do you ni?

Haba.. You be market woman? Hope your wife sleeps with her headphones because i am just teying9to imagine what she goes through.. No vex o na joke o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 2:35pm On May 29, 2018
elyte89:

Mention names bro grin grin grin,...if not ur claim is just a mere allegation

I dont want to drag the issue.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:35pm On May 29, 2018
daveP:
Youre playing it here. unless you don't know what it means. you are, on behalf of Onazi!!!

If he is our best, why can't I criticize him when he doesn't look ready fitness wise? He was just off in the middle. that's wack. what other soft term, or rather, hard term dyu want me to use for his performance yesternight?

It's a few weeks to the world cup, and you either play safe or you risk it, but not by looking unfit atall.

Maybe you don't understand it..... I'm one of those that wants him at the world cup and to outperform his last match versus France. And I'd want his alertness and fitness to be complete so no such excuse next time.

See

are you the team doctor of physio to determine who is fit or not.

the only through pass from midfield was from Onazi, the Only goal we scored was from his free-kick.

in modern football you calculate player performance by some criterias. tackles made, goal threat passes, interceptions, assist, duel won and so on

you dont chevk5 performance by how you look according to you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 2:38pm On May 29, 2018
somehow:

What exactly do you want? The list has been released and there is nothing you can do to add or remove from the 30 man list, so why not just move on and discuss just the names on the list?

After worldcup, you can suggest and clamor for another 30 man list of yours for Qatar 2022.

He no dey do you ni?

Haba.. You be market woman? Hope your wife sleeps with her headphones because i am just teying9to imagine what she goes through.. No vex o na joke o.

Ignore that nigga. The same players qualified us from the group of death that has Kenya, Algeria and Cameroon and somebody is asking how many strikers were invited....That question is really dumbb
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 2:40pm On May 29, 2018
Martz101:

if you read my write up well you will understand more, I'm making you understand that iwobi and some other players can play that position maybe not like Mikel, or also made reference to siasia and mutiu playing instead of Okocha.

in most team when you take off there best player they will be affected especially national team.

Nigeria will do well and mikel will be fit and if not we will replace him well

With the experiments that Rohr is carrying out in the middle of the park, one can only wait with baited breath.

Quite frankly, its like being in the middle of a desert and hoping it rains ... no.. hoping it floods
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:40pm On May 29, 2018
Joebie:
Mikel don’t play like Okocha, but they both can hold the ball, control the game, and spray passes. Are there other Nigerian players wirn these attributes even outside the 30 man list?

my brother if memory serve me right when mikel took over from Okocha Nigeria fans believe he was struggle in that role for eagles because his not okocha replica.

infact some people place the blame on chelsea for spoiling the once creative mikel, but some of us knew this was mikel and not okocha.

if you can remember keshi place mikel more defensively and played the likes of Sunday Mba in the nations cup and babatunde in worldcup there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:41pm On May 29, 2018
Joebie:
No he found his teammates on 2,3 occasions. I repeat, indirect free kicks

and his indirect free-kick and corner are better than v.moses own?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:43pm On May 29, 2018
somehow:

He no dey do you ni?

I just wanted to correct the lie that Rohr gave those players chance to prove themselves. That's all.

I have already moved on tey tey but I can't swallow lies na.

I am not even suggesting players but I know we are only going to the world Cup with two wingers except Etebo comes to the party.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:44pm On May 29, 2018
forgiveness:

Aarone samuel,kayode,nwakeme,kayode
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 2:46pm On May 29, 2018
kennysville:

I want to believe you are quoting the wrong person! Why? Because I never spoke about Iwobi at all. I was talking about Etebo. What is amusing right now is the bolded.
If in a champions league final, they found means of taking out MoSalah, whats stopping opponents from doing the same. Or do you think they are not observing? Dont you feel they are seeing much more than we do, studying our games. Dont you think they know how valuable Mikel is to our present team?

A little bit of foresight will help as over dependence on Mikel is what is costing us right now.
thank you for this. The thing de give me concern. Though I think the formation that can help us in Mikel's absence is the 3-4-3 formation. With Ogu and Ndidi as the Midfielders. But another blow to that now is that Moses Simon won't be playing. Look at this set up.

UZOHO

EKONG-BALOGUN-AWAZIEM

EBUEHI-NDIDI-ETEBO-IDOWU

MUSA-IGHALO-MOSES.

I'll love Rohr to try this out in our quest to find lasting solution to Mikel's absence. It might just work out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:46pm On May 29, 2018
forgiveness:

as a true Nigeria, you know we can't win the worldcup without the right players....who are the right players?? you clients?? kayode and aluko??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:48pm On May 29, 2018
goldfish80:

With the available players, Rohr can can only hope to play a pragmatic style of football like Simione's Athletico. The raft of defensive midfielders makes it impossible to impose a possession style of football on this team.
I expect to see them defend deep and get as quickly as they can to the opposition's box with long balls and quick combinations. The method will need hard runners on the wings and a striker with good hold up play. Creating chances from dead balls will also be key.

The truth is, if an africa team want to win the world cup then they need to play that way...most Africa team that went far in the worldcup play just that way, Cameroon,senegal and ghana
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:49pm On May 29, 2018
Martz101:

as a true Nigeria, you know we can't win the worldcup without the right players....who are the right players?? you clients?? kayode and aluko??

Does that answers my question?

Rohr didn't give the good informed strikers chance to prove themselves. GBAM. EOD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:50pm On May 29, 2018
Eleniyan15:

That is why mikel obi is really important with his long range pass, onazi tried it yesterday but i wasn't feeling it.
This team would go into world cup to try to absorb pressure and break with a counter attack but i doubt if this team can really absorb lot of pressure because yesterday they all got tired fast.

you were not feeling it, you didn't see the pass he gave iheanacho?? with that bad pitch how easy will it be to give floating passes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:51pm On May 29, 2018
Martz101:

However, those two players are far better than some names on that list. EOD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 2:53pm On May 29, 2018
This Kayode matter must have really meant a great deal for Forgiveness....like kilode gaaan?
You collect money from Kayode ni? Abi e dey call you for refund? Because I just don gerrit!!!

Dont block this guy's chances with all this wailing. You never know maybe Rohr will need him after the world cup. You are starting to confirm the notion that you are a player agent. Deny it all you want. You seem to have invested a lot of stakes on this guy and it seemed to have backfired. Otherwise, how does one explain this incessant tantrum. Kayode must find a way into every analysis.(if it were up to you, even the color of the Naija jersey would av looked beta on Kayode than Iheanacho) Of the thousands of players abroad, Na kayode own you dey mention like praise singers at a party.

If you have assured him as his agent to get a slot in the team and it failed to materialize, then you need not look further for the cause cos you are the chief culprit.

And if na money you lose on top this Kayode, no vex. God will replenish! E don do abeg

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Martz101: 2:55pm On May 29, 2018
forgiveness:

Cry me a river

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:57pm On May 29, 2018
Martz101:

Aarone samuel,kayode,nwakeme,kayode

We dey call striker you dey mention Aaron Samuel?

The only good striker given a chance on your list is Nwakaeme but I don't see that as chance because the pitch was bad.

Kayode never started any of those matches he played as a striker. GBAM

Martins was in the form of his life yet no chance until e got injury trying to Impress the coaching crew.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:58pm On May 29, 2018
AIG07:
If this true, then Rohr is planning to stick with the core member of the team. But Lokosa's performance yesterday was enough to take him to London. Well the coach knows more than we do

I understand Simon Moses will be given the best possible chance. Scan in Abuja and London to ascertain the seriousness of the injury.

Other players carrying knocks will also be assessed in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 2:58pm On May 29, 2018
forgiveness:

Your truth sir ...in your own court before your very own jury!!!.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:01pm On May 29, 2018
kennysville:
This Kayode matter must have really meant a great deal for Forgiveness....like kilode gaaan?
You collect money from Kayode ni? Abi e dey call you for refund? Because I just don gerrit!!!

Dont block this guy's chances with all this wailing. You never know maybe Rohr will need him after the world cup. You are starting to confirm the notion that you are a player agent. Deny it all you want. You seem to have invested a lot of stakes on this guy and it seemed to have backfired. Otherwise, how does one explain this incessant tantrum. Kayode must find a way into every analysis.(if it were up to you, even the color of the Naija jersey would av looked beta on Kayode than Iheanacho) Of the thousands of players abroad, Na kayode own you dey mention like praise singers at a party.

If you have assured him as his agent to get a slot in the team and it failed to materialize, then you need not look further for the cause cos you are the chief culprit.

And if na money you lose on top this Kayode, no vex. God will replenish! E don do abeg

Cool down. I am not clamouring for him but should I ignore lies?

However, I am like Moses who refused to be called the son Pharoah and has chosen to suffer with the children of Israel. grin

No bi money be my problem. So, forget agent or money because that is never true.

I just love fairness and justice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:03pm On May 29, 2018
Please can somebody explain to me what's going on in Jorge Sampaoli's head? Are you guys aware that the only two friendly matches Argentina would play before the World Cup are against Haiti and Israel? Tell me what he intends to gain from those two useless matches?! And this is a team that hope to beat the likes of Brazil, Germany, France, etc. to the World Cup.

These folks are just wasting Messi's time and talent angry sad shocked

O pari
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 3:04pm On May 29, 2018
kennysville:

Your truth sir ...in your own court before your very own jury!!!.

Is Lokosa and Etebo better than the two? N O... No.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 3:05pm On May 29, 2018
forgiveness:

Cool down. I am not clamouring for him but should ignore lies?

However, I am like Moses who refused to be called the son Pharoah and has chosen to suffer with the children of Israel. grin

No bi money be my problem. So, forget agent or money because that is never true.

I just love fairness and justice.

But as much as you are trying to clamor for fairness and justice, dont you feel the right person or persons to take it up with is the Coach himself and perhaps the NFF?
Last time I checked, this is Nairaland and not Glasshouse
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lorazepam(f): 3:07pm On May 29, 2018
forgiveness:

We dey call striker you dey mention Aaron Samuel?

The only good striker given a chance on your list is Nwakaeme but I don't see that as chance because the pitch was bad.

Kayode never started any of those matches he played as a striker. GBAM

Martins was in the form of his life yet no chance until e got injury trying to Impress the coaching crew.

This guy are you not tired Please move on abeg angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (3769) (3770) (3771) (3772) (3773) (3774) (3775) ... (16112) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CornOak(m), Samueldodo781(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.