Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4334) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11579991 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4331) (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:22am On Jun 28, 2018
elyte89:

There's nothing too wrong abt what he did,besides na local player,he was just too excited cin messi alone,now playing in d same tournament with him, made ezenwa went gaga,he couldnt av tot of playing for eagles let alone of playing along side with messi in a competition two years ago.we also could av done worse citing our own idol be it messi or any oda person we wish to come across in life.if we could do a whole lot of unthinkable gestures for musicians, politicians here grin cheesy,so wetin him no fit di

Football is a game of love,and ezenwa didn't get to play d match,he could av used anoda tactics to collect his jersey been a professional, but he had no choice.so abeg free ezenwa, what he did was normal in an unprofessional way. Simple.

Its not enuf reason to axe him from team cool

Fair enough I guess
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SerVik(m): 5:25am On Jun 28, 2018
Unlimited22:

Mexico have 6 points and South Korea have zero, so please how exactly can they qualify?
Uncle, we both know Korea ain't beating Germany. Let's be real here.
And goal difference counts before head to head.
Say what??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unlimited22: 8:17am On Jun 28, 2018
SerVik:

Say what??
grin grin
Never did I imagine.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EagleScribes: 10:08am On Jun 28, 2018
Wow.

Quite funny how the traffic on this group has drastically reduced.

My prayer is that we all shall be alive to discuss Qatar 2022, right on this platform, by God's grace

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:10am On Jun 28, 2018
Whoscored Group D Besr XI:

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:13am On Jun 28, 2018
Lol the real plastic fans don disappear.. no be by mouth

EagleScribes:
Wow.

My prayer is that we all shall be alive to discuss Qatar 2022, right on this platform, by God's grace
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EagleScribes: 10:20am On Jun 28, 2018
Joebie:
Lol the real plastic fans don disappear.. no be by mouth

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 10:43am On Jun 28, 2018
ChrisKels:
Ezenwa takes pride in getting Messi's Jersey after the Eagles defeat.

That guy is a disgrace, while others were fighting for points, he was busy fighting for a mere shirt. He should be axed from the Eagles ASAP. He has no shame

If only u looked at the business side of things. If he can get that jersey framed, it can auction for millions in a couple of years time. No be joke O! Issa bizness tins
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 10:49am On Jun 28, 2018
Sia one and Finidi should be supported to take over from this man. GR has tried he should go and rest abeg.
Necessary support should be given to these two like it was given to GR.
What else can you call that shit he did if not sabotage.
Starting an unfit player and not making any substitute for the last 10 mins until the Argentines scored. Unbelievable, I am so pained

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:57am On Jun 28, 2018
I want u guys to watch out oo because this is when u will know the real super eagle fans ...As for me if though i was heartbroken i will keep supporting super eagles forever.. #supereagleforever #AFCON2019 #WEGOAGAIN
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:09am On Jun 28, 2018
Goke7:

The world cup is the real deal, what does it profit a team like Egypt to win afcon 7 times and can't move beyond first round in the world cup.

Am tired of afcon u17, u20, u23 and all other undies, the world cup is a true reflection and true state of any country's football. Perood

We tried our best with the players selected if not for a moment of lack of concentration by Victor Moses that ball would never have reached Rojo.

In that case we would be in the second round.

But if we are to be honest we have struggled against most teams to dominate and dictate the pace. This was evident in the friendlies.

We have to look forward and stop selecting players on past glories. Our strikers including KC and Ighalo ate largely impotent.

With KC for more impotent. Ighalo looks more dangerous when he plays however, with KC he doesn't look dangerous or present a goal threat.

Yes Ighalo missed a sitter but which striker has not.

We need an up to date on fire consistent striker playing at a good level. Not one that flatters to decieve. We simply right now do not have a quality striker that can finish.

There will be 16/17 maybe older young player waiting to be discovered that will burst on the scene for Nigeria, I hope before next 4 years.

Hopefully we will be quick off the mark this time no drama to get him signed sealed and delivered for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2018
fabyom:
Sia one and Finidi should be supported to take over from this man. GR has tried he should go and rest abeg.
Necessary support should be given to these two like it was given to GR.
What else can you call that shit he did if not sabotage.
Starting an unfit player and not making any substitute for the last 10 mins until the Argentines scored. Unbelievable, I am so pained

I would agree more with Finidi he is not hungry for money. Has been coaching in Spain and has good pedigree.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:15am On Jun 28, 2018
Joebie:
Whoscored Group D Besr XI:

I'm suprised about Omeruo, but looking at it he was probably our best defender. Although slow off the mark to read the lofted ball to Messi behind him.

But over all the best of our defenders but why is he in Turkey

Is it an issue of consistency

I thought Ndidi was OK but not outstanding and not better than Mikel or Etebo. But who scored goes on specific statistics not influence and impact on the game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:15am On Jun 28, 2018
EagleScribes:
Wow.

Amen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:22am On Jun 28, 2018
TheLoneCitizen:

No, he might not be able to handle the pressure of the Premier League just yet. Agreed midfielders don't face lots of pressure, but if he plays extremely well for Stoke without the media of the EPL, he will have a blossoming career. It's all good in either case, Stoke is the biggest team not in the EPL.

It's a prelude to the EPL.

If Etebo tears it up see him in the EPL in January 2019, possibly Arsenal he is what they need. mark my words this DAY.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 11:46am On Jun 28, 2018
elyte89:

There's nothing too wrong abt what he did,besides na local player,he was just too excited cin messi alone,now playing in d same tournament with him, made ezenwa went gaga,he couldnt av tot of playing for eagles let alone of playing along side with messi in a competition two years ago.we also could av done worse citing our own idol be it messi or any oda person we wish to come across in life.if we could do a whole lot of unthinkable gestures for musicians, politicians here grin cheesy,so wetin him no fit di

Football is a game of love,and ezenwa didn't get to play d match,he could av used anoda tactics to collect his jersey been a professional, but he had no choice.so abeg free ezenwa, what he did was normal in an unprofessional way. Simple.

Its not enuf reason to axe him from team cool

It is his right to do whatever he wants... but for a goal keeper to go and beg an opposing player for his shirt after such devastating loss in that manner, even his team mates will question his heart. He would have lost a lot of respect and trust. Plus he is not good enough to overlook that factor.

The opportunity to do bambi allah for Messi's shirt should be the height and end of his achievement in a Nigerian jersey.

I think he did it in the tunnel not on the pitch to avoid being seen on tv doing it.(so he knew it was a sensitive issue)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:49am On Jun 28, 2018
Yes it’s all based on stats which is not the whole story, but does influence the outcome of the match(es) directly or/and indirectly.

komekn:

I'm suprised about Omeruo, but looking at it he was probably our best defender. Although slow off the mark to read the lofted ball to Messi behind him.

But over all the best of our defenders but why is he in Turkey

Is it an issue of consistency

I thought Ndidi was OK but not outstanding and not better than Mikel or Etebo. But who scored goes on specific statistics not influence and impact on the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Horus(m): 11:51am On Jun 28, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91TkP09OvvU

Super Eagles captain short of words, in tears

While briefing the press after the game against Argentina, captain of the Super Eagles was heart broken, short of words and full of tears.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:59am On Jun 28, 2018
I hate to say this now that it's all over, but Obagoal would have gotten us somewhere better than this so called Ighalo that made us "Go down low"
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
grin

It's high time we stop building Super Eagles around the Rookies. Let's forget Eagles painful Exit at the World Cup. AFCON Qualifiers should be a Priority on this Thread now.

I will never advice or support the Closure of this Thread, nor will I call for the Sack of Gernot Rohr, rather gonna hope a competent Assistant is appointed to replace Salisu Yusuf.

More so, I hope Rohr has learned one or two things from this World Cup Experience. I kept imagine what possibly a Combo of Musa and Martins would have produced in a 3 - 5 - 2 Formation?? We can't completely rid off the Team of all our experienced Players who are still balling for their respective Clubs.

We still need Mikel in the Team, so is Martins - cos he's still balling and deadly with Pace as well as in the Box. It's apparent Ahmed Musa excels as a Striker - in 2-Man Attack. I hope Rohr believes in him, and never play him on the Wing again.

Also, Iwobi should be given the No. 10 Role for the Team. I am high confident he's the missing Jigsaw to complete the Puzzle. Etebo ain't suitable for Midfield Role cos he's technically deficient, whereas power and pace ain't much needed in the Midfield but on the Wing.

Mikel played well as a DM/CM, hope Rohr forms a Pivot of him and Ndidi during the AFCON Qualifiers and builds on it. Ogu, Onazi should be replaced with Nwakali Brothers, while Ajagun comes in to replace Joel Obi in the Midfield.

Rohr should fully work on building a formidable Midfield for the Team - indomitable, very technical, decisive, creative Midfield for the Team. Matches are won from Midfield during this Era - Lose the Midfield and lose the Game.

Modified: I will not respond to your Quote(s), except you present Stats and Facts to critique the Post. Enough of being lazy on this Thread. If you have a contrary view, feel free to drop it but in a convincing Manner.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 12:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

It's high time we stop building Super Eagles on the Rookies. Let's forget Eagles painful Exit at the World Cup. AFCON Qualifiers should be a Priority on this Thread now.

I will never advice or support the Closure of this Thread, nor will I call for the Sack of Gernot Rohr, rather gonna hope a competent Assistant is appointed to replace Salisu Yusuf.

More so, I hope Rohr has learned one or two things from this World Cup Experience. I kept imagine what possibly a Combo of Musa and Martins would have produced in a 3 - 5 - 2 Formation?? We can't completely rid off the Team of all our experienced Players who are still balling for their respective Clubs.

We still need Mikel in the Team, so is Martins - cos he's still balling and deadly with Pace as well as in the Box. It's apparent Ahmed Musa excels as a Striker - in 2-Man Attack. I hope Rohr believes in him, and never play him on the Wing again.

Also, Iwobi should be given the No. 10 Role for the Team. I am high confident he's the missing Jigsaw to complete the Puzzle. Etebo ain't suitable for Midfield Role cos he's technically deficient, whereas power and pace ain't much needed in the Midfield but on the Wing.

Mikel played well as a DM/CM, hope Rohr forms a Pivot of him and Ndidi during the AFCON Qualifiers and builds on it. Ogu, Onazi should be replaced with Nwakali Brothers, while Ajagun comes in to replace Joel Obi in the Midfield.

Rohr should fully work on building a formidable Midfield for the Team - indomitable, very technical, decisive, creative Midfield for the Team. Matches are won from Midfield during this Era - Lose the Midfield and lose the Game.

excellent points here bro. might i suggest you tweet this to @NFF
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:23pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

It's high time we stop building Super Eagles on the Rookies. Let's forget Eagles painful Exit at the World Cup. AFCON Qualifiers should be a Priority on this Thread now.

You guys have started again?
Obawetin? Wasn't it on this same thread Iheanacho was hyped,stoned,hyped and stoned again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:29pm On Jun 28, 2018
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91TkP09OvvU

Super Eagles captain short of words, in tears

While briefing the press after the game against Argentina, captain of the Super Eagles was heart broken, short of words and full of tears.
Mikel in tears

Thousands of Nigerians bought naija very expensive original and replica jerseys (3500--37k)

Those who cannot not afford it painted their faces in Nigeria green and white colour during match day to support eagles.

A lot find it difficult to eat that night we lost to Argentina and some had sleepless night.

Till now some still see it as a day dream

A medical doctor lost his life the moment Rojo scored for Argentina.

But Ezenwa was begging Messi for a jersey.

Very unpatriotic behavior and insult to all Nigerians.

Maradona almost lost his life supporting Argentina and one of our player(Ezenwa) was seen begging for Argentina jersey.

To hell with that millions the jersey would cost on eBay.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:38pm On Jun 28, 2018
grin

I guess Shehu is done as a RB for the Eagles. The Lad is a Midfielder, he had covered well when we were lacking, but we've got capable Players for the Position now - Tyrone and Aina.

Thanks to Echiejile for his Services in GWG. We've seen enough of him and we really appreciate him a lot. I hope Scouts of the Eagles do wonderful Job to fish at least a superb LB like Alaba for the Team.

The Team is still OK with Ekong, Balogun, Omeruo and Awaziem as a backup for now. No need for Addition or Subtraction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:40pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

It's high time we stop building Super Eagles around the Rookies. Let's forget Eagles painful Exit at the World Cup. AFCON Qualifiers should be a Priority on this Thread now.

Modified: I will not respond to your Quote(s), except you present Stats and Facts to critique the Post. Enough of being lazy on this Thread. If you have a contrary view, feel free to drop it but in a convincing Manner.
Wa gbayi.Good observation and on point.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

I guess Shehu is done as a RB for the Eagles. The Lad is a Midfielder, he had covered well when we were lacking, but we've got capable Players for the Position now - Tyrone and Aina.

Thanks to Echiejile for his Services in GWG. We've seen enough of him and we really appreciate him a lot. I hope Scouts of the Eagles do wonderful Job to fish at least a superb LB like Alaba for the Team.

The Team is still OK with Ekong, Balogun, Omeruo and Awaziem as a backup for now. No need for Addition or Subtraction.
Can't we use Ikouwem Udoh for one of AfconQ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
grin

Special Thanks to Ogu, Joel and Onazi. Except Rohr is smoking Indian Hemps, the Trio have nothing to offer the Team as Midfielders anymore.

Hence I hope they are replaced with Nwakali Brothers and probably Abdul Ajagun. The Squad lacks a natural attacking Player aside from Alex Iwobi, thus it won't be bad to take a look at Ajagun.

Though I wouldn't mind to move Etebo to the Wing, but he's still a young Lad - still developing as a Player, and can eventually become a standard B2B Midfielder.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2018
komekn:

It's a prelude to the EPL.

If Etebo tears it up see him in the EPL in January 2019, possibly Arsenal he is what they need. mark my words this DAY.

Exactly what I'm saying, the Championship's coverage is equal to the Bundesliga(aside Bayern & Dorrmund), French Ligue 1(aside the big teams) and non-top 5 leagues like Eredivise, Portuguese League, etc.

Checkout Ryan Sessegnon, James Madison, Ruben Neves, they get as much hype as EPL stars yet with lesser scrutiny. The Championship is a superb stepping stone to the big time.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oasis007:
grin

Yes RB,Ebuehi and Aina and on the left back we need a left footer player in that position.

Now time to integrate Alampasu,Maduka,Osigwe into eagles fully to complement Uzoho cos Qatar 2022 is not far.

Rohr should do the needful by dropping Akpeyi,Ezenwa, Echiejile,Ighalo,Onazi, and Joel for now until their form warrant call up.

The Awoniyi, Sadiq Umar,Nwakilis,Peter Olayinka,Samuel Kalu,Eze Ebere,Olarewaju,Ajagun and Oyekwuru are ripe for eagles and their call up should start with Afcon qualifier.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
In the Attacking Department, I hope Rohr sticks with 3 - 5 - 2 Formation, and in some Occasions plays 4 - 4 - 2 Formation with Wingers, coz we need to start playing with 2-Man Attack.

However, if I am the Coach - at this Juncture I wouldn't mind to stop inviting Moses to the Team. He's a good Player, but his Ego is becoming too much. He ain't the Alpha and Omega of the Team, nor he's our Messi or Ronaldo.

In a nutshell, I will honorably replace both Moses and Ighalo with Oyenkuru and Kayode respectively. I would have preferred Martins to Kayode though, but I think Tenacity, Pace and youthfulness of Kayode gonna be handy in 2-Man Attack.

Thus I will prefer the following Players as our Attackers; Iheanacho, Kayode, Onyekuru, Simon, Musa and Simmy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2018
Odunayaw:
Can't we use Ikouwem Udoh for one of AfconQ
Yes Udoh with Duru,Stanley Amuzie and don't forget Deji in Bundesliga,I think we should extend Iwobi and Uzoho treatment to Deji by giving him early invitation,just like Austria did with Alaba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
kennysville:

If only u looked at the business side of things. If he can get that jersey framed, it can auction for millions in a couple of years time. No be joke O! Issa bizness tins

See Kenneth, make I tell you, Dat yeye thing na for western world dem dey practice am. Something like auctioning Hitler's seat, the car Tupac was in when he was shot dead etc.

E no dey happen here oo, even if e dey happen den, Dat ugly boy went to Russia for the business part of it while others went to tap leather. OK oo

He shouldn't ever come to the national team abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4331) (4332) (4333) (4334) (4335) (4336) (4337) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lovewins, lordofstrings, dezgadgetcity(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.