Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11586121 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5247) (5248) (5249) (5250) (5251) (5252) (5253) ... (16120) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
ChrisKels:
So, those grandpas we paraded had to capitulate against those[b] kids[/b] from Senegal?

We our deceiving ourselves if these U30 players are what we really gonna put out there as our U20 players. Quite shameful

Do you know the age of any of those Senegalese players?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2018
groundnutoil:
so what happened to benue aren't they going back to their home

The last team they played had issues landing in Benue so they changed to Enugu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2018
komekn:

You have similar characteristics with Portuguese and Spanish 2nd tier league and thier B teams.

The treat players like cattle at that level some of them are not even getting up to €3k a month that's shocking.

But are hoping to move on that's why a lot of Nigerian players if they are not getting real first team exposure go to Turkey.

This one got me laughing,i agree with that they dont pay players well but they dont have the money,what do you want them to do? Do you want them to pay more than their budget? English is the highest paying league,championship team can even afford to pay a player 50k weekly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:01pm On Dec 17, 2018
Edopesin:
Schalke v Man City

Atletico Madrid v Juventus

Man Utd v PSG

Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund

Lyon v Barcelona

Roma v Porto

Ajax v Real Madrid

Liverpool v Bayern Munich

I pray mancity and liverpool make it and my own lovely barca

The rest of the team no consign me

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 2:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
[s]
Humility017:

guy keep quiet.....
your comment all this while shows you lack courtesy.
mind you that lady is more useful and more intelligent than you on this thread....

she is one of the pioneers of these noble thread...and even give it life together with the likes of icons4, Joseph, Tlaba and co.

many like her here...me inclusive because of her brains which many haters here don't even have....

so discuss football and stop playing to the gallery.

you think everyone is a Bleep boy like you...[/s]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:05pm On Dec 17, 2018
Stoke city interested in Nigeria international semi ajayi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2018
A player with Nigerian blood flowing in his veins has been named in the Bundesliga Team of the Week for the third week running.

The list published by football statistics website Whoscored is dominated by Bayern Munich stars and also includes Wolfsburg starlet Felix Uduokhai but there's no place for Hertha BSC's Jordan Torunarigha who made the Team of the Week for game week 13 and 14.

Uduokhai lined up on the left side of defense in Wolfsburg's 2-0 win at FC Nuremberg on Friday, December 14, his second straight start in the 2018-2019 campaign.

The Germany U21 international, who is on the radar of the Nigerian Federation and manager Gernot Rohr, recorded an impressive nine tackles against Nuremberg, which was a game high.

He made three interceptions and was also a handful for the strikers after winning a game-high four fouls.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
Ogenyi Onazi: Nigeria midfielder is ‘committed to playing' for his country

By Oluwashina Okeleji
Football Writer, Nigeria

Nigeria international Ogenyi Onazi has reiterated his commitment to the Super Eagles and says he is always happy to play for his country.

Onazi, 25, missed the last three matches with injury as Nigeria returned to their first Africa Cup of Nations since winning the tournament in 2013.

His performance in his last appearance away to Seychelles after the World Cup raised question marks over his form and fitness, but the midfielder insists he is back to his best form at Trabzonspor.

"It was a tough time I must admit, but despite all the criticisms I remain committed to playing for my country," Onazi told BBC Sport.

"Whenever I go out there to play I give 120%, but unfortunately my achilles tendon problems slowed me down.

"Now things are looking up again for me at club level, I hope to keep giving my best to my country as well."

The Super Eagle has been a key part of Trabzonspor's run of good form since September. They sit 7th in the Turkish Super Lig table and he wants to replicate that form with Nigeria.

"After what happened in Russia it was important for all the players to ensure a return to the African Cup of Nations," Onazi continued.

"It's an exciting feeling to achieve that and we can only hope that collectively we can all bring our good club form to the national team.

"The last time I played in the tournament we won it and we as players have to go back again with the mentality to win it, and if we can't we shouldn't be there."

Onazi started his professional career in Italy with Lazio, winning the 2013 Italian Cup, before switching to Turkish side Trabzonspor in August 2016.

He played for Nigeria at the 2009 Under-17 World Cup on home soil and has scored once since making his senior debut against Liberia in October 2012.

Onazi, who has 51 international caps, helped Nigeria win the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations, and played in all four of his country's games at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2018
Let me be the first person to predict two upsets in this Q-Finals - Atlethi over Juve and Liverpool over Bayern. Here's how the Q-Finals would end up:

Schalke v Man City [Mancity]
Atletico Madrid v Juventus [Atletico]
Man Utd v PSG [PSG]
Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund [Borrusia]
Lyon v Barcelona [Barca]
Roma v Porto [Roma]
Ajax v Real Madrid [Real M.]
Liverpool v Bayern Munich [Liverpool]

Go write it down.

O pari

Edopesin:
Schalke v Man City

Atletico Madrid v Juventus

Man Utd v PSG

Tottenham v Borussia Dortmund

Lyon v Barcelona

Roma v Porto

Ajax v Real Madrid

Liverpool v Bayern Munich

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Diavolo: 2:50pm On Dec 17, 2018
komekn:

O don think the issue is quality.

It is a matter of preference.

La Liga is more technical it not as fast and physical as the EPL.

Which is better quality is simply a matter of what in your opinion is quality.
yes la Liga is more technical. And it's also of better quality as compared to the premiership. I base this on the performance of both leagues in the European club competitions over the last 5 years and also the difference in gap in the league Co efficient on the uefa league Co efficient which I think is a good parameter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:51pm On Dec 17, 2018
junnyjake:

I don't know you, nobody knows you here.

And this account is only some hours old, which makes it very easy to conclude that you're just another troll creating an alternate moniker to hide your coward as$ while you drag the young lady and insult everyone on this thread.

Stop being a kitten, grow up, women are humans too, and they shouldn't be treated with lesser regard just to appraise your already shrunken manhood.

Have a good night.

Please can you keep to the subject matter your ideas feminism I am not sure many want to know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:53pm On Dec 17, 2018
ChrisKels:

Sia1 didnt really help him, Solo was super talented and Sia1 explored it. His talent took him to the height he attained, not Sia1. He made the youth teams on merit and he delivered each time he was there. The only time Sia1 invited him bkus he was his boy, the media went berserk. Then Solo was with Aelsund of Norway.

There are some shits that went down, which I wouldn't wanna discuss here, buh, trust me, Solo would have been a bigger player. He had the talent and was always a delight to watch.

Unfortunately in football the most important component is not talent but OPPORTUNITY.

Add that issue to the context of Nigeria and l wonder how many super talents were denied opportunity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by groundnutoil(m): 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

The last team they played had issues landing in Benue so they changed to Enugu
i heard they already made corrections for that not to happen again
besides I think they would want this game to be played in benue so bad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Stoke city interested in Nigeria international semi ajayi

No difference between them and Rotterdam,they should gain promotion to the Epl first
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2018
komekn:

Please can you keep to the subject matter your ideas feminism I am not sure many want to know.

You can never be sure.

I've closed that chapter already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 4:06pm On Dec 17, 2018
Mickael2:
I came across a comment concerning the recent VP debate and funny enough people said he was derailing the thread. This is the problem with Nigeria, apathy towards anything concerning politics. How is a discussion about the future of the nation as a whole not welcomed in a thread that is concerned predominantly with the growth of the super Eagles? Abi development of sports in Nigeria is now under private investors and not government again? When the US held her own elections, virtually every US forum I knew then even the health forums talked so much about the elections that even though I wasn't going to vote I knew who unwanted to win, but here we shy away from all such conversations and we wonder why our nation is falling apart. I applaud Chriskels for bringing up that discussion and with the newxt few months leading up to the election I think we should discuss more about the elections and not shy away from the topic
There are tens of THREADS on Nairaland that had their fill on talking about the debate. This thread is about Nigerian football and any discourse different from that is digression.

I wonder why anyone will applaud that, you could as well applaud the women right debate that happened this past days

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 17, 2018
SlayerForever:
[s]
that boy just spent few mins blabbing and categorically describing himself.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:32pm On Dec 17, 2018
groundnutoil:
i heard they already made corrections for that not to happen again
besides I think they would want this game to be played in benue so bad

Totally agree with you but you know we rarely consider these things. I would have at least played the same day as the Rangers to get people in the stadium.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:52pm On Dec 17, 2018
Europa League matchup's

Odey vs Napoli
Iwobi vs Bate
Ubong Ekpai vs Zagreb
Olayinka vs Genk
Kayode vs Frankfurt
Chukwueze vs Sporting
Henry vs Ebuehi

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 5:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
komekn:

Good to see you back.

Thank God you survived.
Thank you sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 5:38pm On Dec 17, 2018
This thread has been boring for the last three days

It's like many nairalanders' villages don't have internet tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 5:52pm On Dec 17, 2018
komekn:

Unfortunately in football the most important component is not talent but OPPORTUNITY.

Add that issue to the context of Nigeria and l wonder how many super talents were denied opportunity.

True word. Opportunity when taken leads to trust by your Manager which in turn leads to more opportunity (game time) which then leads to further development etc etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by InSanety: 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2018
Danielnino00:

For the record, Pep had nothing to do with Kayode's signing. The owners of Man city also own Girona and they signed Kayode in the hope that he'd make it in Girona.
He hit form immediately he joined Shaktar until the injury set in...

I don't deny that most Nigerian players are more interested in the money than the game, but that's not applicable to all of them..sometimes,things just don't go well according to plan ..Sh*t happens...

@the bolded... Ndidi..Uzoho... Ekong
..Aina..Musa..Onyekuru..

Ndidi? Are his stats as good as Torreira's this season? His passing is terrible and he has lost his goal threat. Some would say he declined

Uzoho is in second division, he's decent at best, but not even Donnaruma level when he started

Ekong is still finding his feet, I heard he's had some stinkers recently, he's no world beater though

Aina, same as Uzoho.... Decent at best

Musa. Man's could barely cut it at Leicester, now, a young man is in Saudi Arabia playing ball. If he is so great and actually cared about football, he would not be in Saudi Arabia. The allure of money was greater than his passion for football

Onyekuru? Is that a joke? Maybe he should return to Eupen, because he isn't lighting up Turkey in Galatasary.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by InSanety: 6:17pm On Dec 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
There are tens of THREADS on Nairaland that had their fill on talking about the debate. This thread is about Nigerian football and any discourse different from that is digression.

I wonder why anyone will applaud that, you could as well applaud the women right debate that happened this past days
Nigerian politics is part of Nigerian football.

The NFF is under a Sports Ministry, headed by a minister, appointed by the President, so, Mickael2 is not wrong when he says that the Nigerian elections can be discussed here. You cannot divorce football from politics
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2018
InSanety:

The NFF is under a Sports Ministry, headed by a minister, appointed by the President, so, Mickael2 is not wrong when he says that the Nigerian elections can be discussed here. You cannot divorce football from politics
Read the title of this thread first
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
Our Nigerian football discussions and arguments for the past 12 calendar months culminates in each and every one of us making our opinion count as regards the best players in the Super Eagles shirt for 2018. Voting ends tomorrow. Have your say. Please can we put every other discussion in the back burner for now and promote this voting process. It’s still surprising to me that some of us who came here for football talk have been busy arguing feminism and politics but have failed to vote. We have guests visiting this thread regularly. We all have the collective responsibility of promoting the Super Eagles. Voting is open to all Nairalanders for that matter.

Abeg make una enter this link and do the needful:

https://www.nairaland.com/4897410/nairaland-nigerian-football-fans-awards/3

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by InSanety: 8:44pm On Dec 17, 2018
Odunayaw:
Read the title of this thread first
the title of this thread is inconsequential.

If the title of the thread determined the discussion, it would not be past page 5,000, now would it? No be you open thread, but you wan moderate am. Go open your own, then you can decide what can be discussed there undecided

And I repeat, Nigerian politics is intertwined with Nigerian football, so, allow people discuss what they wish.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2018
InSanety:

Ndidi? Are his stats as good as Torreira's this season? His passing is terrible and he has lost his goal threat. Some would say he declined

Uzoho is in second division, he's decent at best, but not even Donnaruma level when he started

Ekong is still finding his feet, I heard he's had some stinkers recently, he's no world beater though

Aina, same as Uzoho.... Decent at best

Musa. Man's could barely cut it at Leicester, now, a young man is in Saudi Arabia playing ball. If he is so great and actually cared about football, he would not be in Saudi Arabia. The allure of money was greater than his passion for football

Onyekuru? Is that a joke? Maybe he should return to Eupen, because he isn't lighting up Turkey in Galatasary.

True talk bro.

None of our players are performing really well. The best of them is well....average at best.

I shared same opinion about Musa a while ago yet many here said that since he used football age, he's nearing retirement and as such, he's cashing pit ASAP.

The truth is, for many Naija players, money is their main motivating factor and not passion or desire to be the best. Ndisi, Iwobi, Nacho, success, Balogun, idowu et all are declining and funny thing is they happen to be the fulcrum of our team.

Word it be wrong if I said that our team is full of mediocrity??

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 9:09pm On Dec 17, 2018
komekn:

Please can you keep to the subject matter your ideas feminism [b] I am not sure many want to know [\b].

what if I tell you that some persons in large numbers will love to know.

I see no wrong in his write up...
issues like this if not well addressed may birth other issues on these thread where haters and trouble makers will have their heyday...

you don't go judging people on the basis of their sex, race, tribe etc...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 9:18pm On Dec 17, 2018
Joebie:
Our Nigerian football discussions and arguments for the past 12 calendar months culminates in each and every one of us making our opinion count as regards the best players in the Super Eagles shirt for 2018. Voting ends tomorrow. Have your say. Please can we put every other discussion in the back burner for now and promote this voting process. It’s still surprising to me that some of us who came here for football talk have been busy arguing feminism and politics but have failed to vote. We have guests visiting this thread regularly. We all have the collective responsibility of promoting the Super Eagles. Voting is open to all Nairalanders for that matter.

Abeg make una enter this link and do the needful:

https://www.nairaland.com/4897410/nairaland-nigerian-football-fans-awards/3

Sorry been quite busy for sometime

I have just voted. Guys let's go vote. It is a very simple process.

Abeg which of you created this insanety moniker?
Please go back to your original moniker make we hear word here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 9:24pm On Dec 17, 2018
InSanety:

Oga please go to politics section and discuss your politics. We discuss Football here.

Or better still go create your own thread where you discuss Football with politics.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2018
InSanety:
the title of this thread is inconsequential.

If the title of the thread determined the discussion, it would not be past page 5,000, now would it? No be you open thread, but you wan moderate am. Go open your own, then you can decide what can be discussed there undecided

You may not know it but some of us have been participating and sharing our passion for Nigerian football on this thread for years. Including the guy you just made that nasty reply to.

It's not been up to four days since you started commenting here bro, and already you're telling us what is and what is not allowed here. Do you listen to yourself at all?.

I noticed you've been trying desperately to get our attention and relevance. If that's what you want, you're definitely going about it the wrong way my man.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5247) (5248) (5249) (5250) (5251) (5252) (5253) ... (16120) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.