Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5255) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11584090 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5252) (5253) (5254) (5255) (5256) (5257) (5258) ... (16119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
Other states don't take organized sports serious how Delta state do, that why the medals table is so lopsided.

Joebie:
Delta State OPPRESSED all the other states combined in the federation at the just concluded National Sports Festival in Abuja. You don’t want to see the medals table. It’s embarrassing to the other states.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
Joebie:
So a commitee member did not vote.. na wa.

My brother wetin person go do? We just have to move on with every other person that voted. wink

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 7:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
Joebie:
So a commitee member did not vote.. na wa.

Are you surprised?

What do u expect when none of his Borough boys were up for nomination.

A person that was practically forced to go and make nominations as Committee member.
You guys seem not to know Komekn's mission here. Or maybe u know but just pretend not to.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 7:40pm On Dec 18, 2018
Joebie:
Delta State OPPRESSED all the other states combined in the federation at the just concluded National Sports Festival in Abuja. You don’t want to see the medals table. It’s embarrassing to the other states.

Delta must be doing something right.

Over here in Ibadan,Oyo State. Parents are more concerned with "education" than sport. Laslas we are not seeing result
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:46pm On Dec 18, 2018
I think education has always been a priority in most of the southern states. Sports and education should actually go hand in hand.

Odunayaw:
Delta must be doing something right.

Over here in Ibadan,Oyo State. Parents are more concerned with "education" than sport. Laslas we are not seeing result

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:48pm On Dec 18, 2018
Komekn na my main man, but I won’t hesitate to call him out at the appropriate time, like I just did.

Petrobros:

Are you surprised?

What do u expect when none of his Borough boys were up for nomination.

A person that was practically forced to go and make nominations as Committee member.
You guys seem not to know Komekn's mission here. Or maybe u know but just pretend not to.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:49pm On Dec 18, 2018
Icon4s:

He did not. For reasons best know to him.

Getting him to make nominations sef was something else. undecided

I told you.

He's not interested in that stuff, his mission is clear here.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
You can’t excel at anything u don’t take seriously
cc12:
Other states don't take organized sports serious how Delta state do, that why the medals table is so lopsided.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2018
ChrisKels:
After his club(West Brom) stopped him from repping Nigeria in the WAFU Championship due to fitness issues, Nigeria U20 invitee, Ojebode turns down England U18 invitation, as he fancies his chances with the Flying Eagles...

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/12/18/nigeria-u20-invitee-west-brom-teen-sensation-ojebode-shuns-invitation-to-play-for-england-u18s/

Do you know if he's in anyway related to ex international Sam ojebode? Only read about him but Icon4s and kog45 probably watched him play live.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tolulopefinest(m): 8:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
Iheanacho and Ndidi starts against Leicester City

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2018
I swear Puel has too much faith in Nacho grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:50pm On Dec 18, 2018
Bolowolowo:

I agree but nacho have not been playing well ,the thing just dey pain me ,I pray he get back to his feet soon ,even player like Gabriel Jesus just recovered from goal drought .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
Joebie:

There's something I found amusing at the games.. Some athletes represented other states other than their States of origin. I saw Yoruba athletes representing Niger Delta States and Igbos representing Northern States..
Do some States buy athletes or are the athletes allowed to represent any state of their choice?
I'm really curious

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
which position him dey play?
Taliban:

Do you know if he's in anyway related to ex international Sam ojebode? Only read about him but Icon4s and kog45 probably watched him play live.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 9:09pm On Dec 18, 2018
do4luv14:

thank you...

add to that the behaviour of his players towards game and afterwards,

my problem with jim is that he had gone soft,

if it was before, he wont waste time sending an under-performing star to the bench permanetly
or worst still the deserve,

my advice is for him to take a sabbatical,
he needs it

Hahahhah. Didn't he do that to Pogba,Lukaku et al?

You guys are funny.

Bye bye Mourinho. Archaic coach

cc Diavolo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:13pm On Dec 18, 2018
ChrisKels:
After his club(West Brom) stopped him from repping Nigeria in the WAFU Championship due to fitness issues, Nigeria U20 invitee, Ojebode turns down England U18 invitation, as he fancies his chances with the Flying Eagles...

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/12/18/nigeria-u20-invitee-west-brom-teen-sensation-ojebode-shuns-invitation-to-play-for-england-u18s/

Good one from him. But I don't think Aigboun should focus too much attention on getting foreign born players into the u-20 . A lot of them might actually be willing to play for us,but their clubs mayn't allow them. Clubs have the right to stop their players from going for the u-20 AFCON.
Its better we go to the tournament with local players . The FBs can come in after we qualify for the world cup

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:14pm On Dec 18, 2018
Nigerians and our funny reasoning. Must everything be based on tribal sentiments? If you are an Igbo and you were born and bred in Lagos, schooled in Lagos and trained with facilities in Lagos as result of your state of residence, what is the chance that you will represent you state of origin, (Abia state for example) — slim.

I personally will rep the state that has contributed most to my everything.

Danielnino00:

There's something I found amusing at the games.. Some athletes represented other states other than their States of origin. I saw Yoruba athletes representing Niger Delta States and Igbos representing Northern States..
Do some States buy athletes or are the athletes allowed to represent any state of their choice?
I'm really curious
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
At the risk of being called a hater I have a curious observation that I want to point out.

I understand that players lose form but scientifically I believe that you only start losing pace with age. Iheanacho has lost at least two yards of that, I mean dude was at some point allegedly faster than Kayode but watching him now not to mention that he has lost a lot of stamina too. Even when Gabby Jesus was out of form, the pace was still there but the reverse is the case. Can we have this discussion that perhaps this isn't a drop in form for Iheanacho but him slowing down? It seems he peaked when he was 19 or thereabouts which is very very....interesting

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2018
andrew444:

And you think kante is not older than 27 ? Just because they are Europeans and they are born there we should believe them ? because they have Corroboration of date of birth ?

Let me forget about mbappe ,now tell me Diego costa is 29 years old ? should I mention more ?

Ndidi might not be 21 as me and you knows but as far as World football is concerned he is 21, even kante doesn't look 27

Diego Costa waa born in Brazil where unfortunately it's still possible to have sharp practices. But that doesn't. Make any sense of what relevance is the example of Costa to Kante.

Your proposition in the context of Western Europe is untenable and without any iota of substance. In all advanced countries there is AUTOMATIC DATA CAPTURE AT BIRTH, that is even corroborated with prenatal data and records. So it's impossible to create age or modify it.

You are educated and informed why you are you reasoning like person were neva comot for interior village.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 9:18pm On Dec 18, 2018
andrew444:

lol can't find any Igbo state there

Delta state kwenu

??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2018
komekn:

Diego Costa waa born in Brazil where unfortunately it's still possible to have sharp practices. But that doesn't. Make any sense of what relevance is the example of Costa to Kante.

Your proposition in the context of Western Europe is untenable and without any iota of substance. In all advanced countries there is AUTOMATIC DATA CAPTURE AT BIRTH, that is even corroborated with prenatal data and records. So it's impossible to create age or modify it.

You are educated and informed why you are you reasoning like person were neva comot for interior village.

lol see as you dey yab me sha ,chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2018
Joebie:
Nigerians and our funny reasoning. Must everything be based on tribal sentiments? If you are an Igbo and you were born and bred in Lagos, schooled in Lagos and trained with facilities in Lagos as result of your state of residence, what is the chance that you will represent you state of origin, (Abia state for example) — slim.

Obama using the African approach is a Kenyan yet he became president of the USA.

When Nigeria gets rid of tribalism then that'll be a big first step to socio-economic developmental progress.

It's absurd but true it's much easier for me to become a MP in England than it is for me to win councillor election in my local area of Isoko in Delta state.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
Joebie:

There's no tribal sentiment in my question.... I followed the tournament well enough and saw names of athletes from different States representing other states... States that they weren't born or lived in..
Somebody like Segun Toriola who is from Kwara represented Rivers state ..

My question was borne out of curiosity since the objective of the game is to promote sport development in each state of the federation...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2018
andrew444:

lol see as you dey yab me sha ,chai

U go school I'm sure probably travelled to a plethora of different countries across Europe and the Americas.

And you are saying that Ngolo who waa born in France deh fake age. Please examine your self by your self and tell.me if you have not suprised your self.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 9:25pm On Dec 18, 2018
Joebie:

I believe the man's question was actually honest

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:27pm On Dec 18, 2018
How many of such cases (like Segun) did u see?

Danielnino00:

There's no tribal sentiment in my question.... I followed the tournament well enough and saw names of athletes from different States representing other states... States that they weren't born or lived in..
Somebody like Segun Toriola who is from Kwara represented Rivers state ..

My question was borne out of curiosity since the objective of the game is to promote sport development in each state of the federation...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2018
Joebie:
Komekn u vote sef?

Chei l forget oh.

I kind of on error thought that one after nominating should not really be voting.

It's like having two votes, you nominate then you still vote.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
komekn:

U go school I'm sure probably travelled to a plethora of different countries across Europe and the Americas.

And you are saying that Ngolo who waa born in France deh fake age. Please examine your self by your self and tell.me if you have not suprised your self.

It seems you are related to ngolo kante ?

Sir komekn so many European fake their ages okay
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2018
edi287:
Chuba Akpom wants to play for Nigeria https://twitter.com/i/status/1073231236510949379

Waa not good enough before and he is not good enough NOW !!! Quarrel no deh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
Bolowolowo:

He's going to be sacked soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2018
Joebie:
How many of such cases (like Segun) did u see?

Funke Oshonaike representing Rivers state too.. Tobi Amusan representing Delta state..

I lost track of the list... Check out this page on Facebook "making of champions" .. They gave update on the event..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:33pm On Dec 18, 2018
Danielnino00:

Funke Oshonaike representing Rivers state too.. Tobi Amusan representing Delta state..

I lost track of the list... Check out this page on Facebook "making of champions" .. They gave update on the event..

Athletes represent the highest bidder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5252) (5253) (5254) (5255) (5256) (5257) (5258) ... (16119) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), femicyrus(m), victornoah(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.