Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,952 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11536878 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5305) (5306) (5307) (5308) (5309) (5310) (5311) ... (16098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
Danielnino00:

Ehn...so his contract with Villarreal is that short... With his current form,I doubt if they will let him go for free in June...

But I hope he thinks well before securing a move to the EPL... especially those mid table teams...

Villarreal is a good enough team for the young man, if he hastily leaves, he might just regret it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
Taliban:
Thanks for the nomination sir. I have to nominate Taye taiwo''s neighbor though, elyte.

I won't forget that your "defense penetration" and "positional play" for a very long time.

Lol! grin grin

Elyte, him craze na another level.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
darkelf:

That was a typo bro. Although if you will be my teacher, I won't mind

cheesy

Onyekuru is still bang average.

If the pay is great why not.

I expect more from Onye too, he has the potential to be great.

But, I can't say he's over-hyped.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:35pm On Jan 01, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

So you're saying Iwobi is not an FB or what?

Anyways, when you learn the simple art of presenting your argument without insults, you can come and let's discuss that.

He was born in Lagos, moved to London when he was 4 with his family.

There was actually an auto-correct error in the post you quoted, I've modified though.

I'm not sure I insulted you, but don't you think, you're insulting everyone here by insinuating that we all worship foreign born players?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
junnyjake:

Villarreal is a good enough team for the young man, if he hastily leaves, he might just regret it.

My sentiments exactly... He hasn't even spent a full season at the club..

I hope he has good advisers around him...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:05am On Jan 02, 2019
1. Most Controversial Poster: TheSuperNerd
2. Most Interactive Poster: Joebie
3. Most Intelligent Poster: Mickael2
4. Most Resourceful Poster: Forgiveness
5. Most Respectful Poster: Kog45
6. Most Consistent Poster: TheGoodJoe
7. Most Positive Poster: kog45
8. Best Sense of Humor: Andrew444
9. Most Critical Poster: Mickeal2
10. Nicest Poster: kog45 & Joebie
11. Most Influential Poster: icon4s
12. Most Pro-Foreign Born Poster: CharlesEmeka85 & Forgiveness
13. Most Pro-Naija League Poster:Bascovanvelli
14. People's Favourite: Tbaba1234.
15. Most Sentimental: Safarigirl.
16. Notorious Silent Reader: eseose9
17. Impressive Thread Newbie: curtisaxel7
18. Diehard Super Eagles Fan: Too many of us
19. Best Friends: Safarigirl. and TheSuperNerd
20. Most Outstanding Poster: Tbaba1234
21. Overall Best Poster: TheGoodJoe
22. Top Dramatic Topics: Kelechi Nwakali call up and justification.
23. Honourable Mention: With concern i mention Goldfish80, I havent seen a word from him for ages , i pray he is well. Then our own galant officer in the midst of far greater challenges finds time to contribute, forgotten his moniker but it has Captain in it.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 12:15am On Jan 02, 2019
andrew444:

Tell them my brother

If they are not bringing Mr A down they are bringing Mr B, some of them are just trolls

lol you no see say I no dey too come here
This thread make it look as if najia players are the worst players in their various club
most people here always want to see the bad sides of our players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eseose9(f): 12:21am On Jan 02, 2019
Clementoke:

Don't disturb yourself bro. They av written Nacho off. Iwobi is next on their agenda grin grin grin

This 2019 is Iwobi's turn smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 12:43am On Jan 02, 2019
junnyjake:

I won't forget that your "defense penetration" and "positional play" for a very long time.

Lol! grin grin

Elyte, him craze na another level.
I like that 'defense penetration part' LOL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Petrobros: 2:33am On Jan 02, 2019
1. Most Controversial Poster: Komekn
2. Most Interactive Poster: icon4s
3. Most Intelligent Poster: TheSuperNerd
4. Most Resourceful Poster: TheGoodJoe
5. Most Respectful Poster: Kog45
6. Most Consistent Poster: Komekn
7. Most Positive Poster: TheSuperNerd
8. Best Sense of Humor: none
9. Most Critical Poster: Goldfish80
10. Nicest Poster: Joebie
11. Most Influential Poster: Icon4s
12. Most Pro-Foreign Born Poster: CharlesEmeka85
13. Most Pro-Naija League Poster:Bascovanvelli
14. People's Favourite: Safarigirl.
15. Most Sentimental: Forgiveness
16. Notorious Silent Reader: Seun tongue
17. Impressive Thread Newbie: Curtisaxel7
18. Diehard Super Eagles Fan: All of us
19. Best Friends: Icon4s and TheSuperNerd
20. Most Outstanding Poster: Tbaba1234
21. Overall Best Poster: Icon4s
22. Top Dramatic Topics: Kelechi Nwakali call up to the Super Eagles
23. Honourable Mention: Joseph1013 Goldfish80 confun Terzurum5 enomakos

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 2:42am On Jan 02, 2019
Eseose9:

lol you no see say I no dey too come here
This thread make it look as if najia players are the worst players in their various club
most people here always want to see the bad sides of our players

Smiles ,dats true
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 8:19am On Jan 02, 2019
junnyjake:

I don't see him regretting any move.

Chukwueze is a very talented,hardworking,obedient and skillful player.

When their new coach arrived, he had some doubts about his abilities which made him start Chukwueze in his first game which was the Europa league .Chukwueze proved himself by scoring in the 11th minute and winning the 'Man of the Match' in that same game.3 days later the coach started him in their la liga game where he playef for up to 82 mins.In his debut game for the Super Eagles in Asaba he combined well with Osimhen troubling the Ugandan defence coupled with his superb taking of corner-kicks.He was the best player for the 1st-Half.He turned that particular game to a one-man show.It took him just 20mins in his debut game to write his name in Rohr's AFCON list.Can't wait for Ebuehi-Chukwueze combo on the right.It will be a delight to watch.

I'm not surprised with the current offers he is getting.

Chukwueze is not a player for the bench.He will always shine in any club he signs for.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:29am On Jan 02, 2019
EEGA:

When their new coach arrived, he had some doubts about his abilities which made him start Chukwueze in his first game which was the Europa league .Chukwueze proved himself by scoring in the 11th minute and winning the 'Man of the Match' in that same game.3 days later the coach started him in their la liga game where he playef for up to 82 mins.In his debut game for the Super Eagles in Asaba he combined well with Osimhen troubling the Ugandan defence coupled with his superb taking of corner-kicks.He was the best player for the 1st-Half.He turned that particular game to a one-man show.It took him just 20mins in his debut game to write his name in Rohr's AFCON list.Can't wait for Ebuehi-Chukwueze combo on the right.It will be a delight to watch.

Chukwueze is not a player for the bench.He will always shine in any club he signs for.

The boy is good but I will prefer him to stay in Villarreal one more season

I don't trust Epl clubs

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 8:39am On Jan 02, 2019
andrew444:

I don't trust Epl clubs
No coach leaves his best players on the bench.

One thing is certain he will get his chance and will seize the opportunity.

Chukwueze is a player who just needs a start to prove himself.He also takes his chances.

The better/higher the team or league the better the player and the higher the probability of a call-up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:56am On Jan 02, 2019
andrew444:

I don't trust Epl clubs

Words of Wisdom.

Keeping matters in perspective he has not played one season of football yet. Far more experienced players with far greater cost have gone to bigger teams and flopped it can even almost kill your career.

If he must leave it has to be a club with genuine opportunity for him not just a big contract.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:57am On Jan 02, 2019
Chukwueze leaving Villarreal could backfire...he has been on right trajectory of growth....building up match experiences and camaraderie with teammates...he should not break the momentum...it would be like taking a child FORCEFULLY away from the mother s breast...ieven if he goes to PSG can he earn more than Neymar? Villarreal should do well to retain him...he has been their best player for sometime now. Cheers and happy new month and year

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:11am On Jan 02, 2019
EEGA:

Please correct me if i am wrong but from my understanding his first game was against Glasgow Rangers where he was far from impressive, he came on for about 15 minutes and didn't score and certainly did not get a MOTM.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2019
If u re good u re good,with d right money and contract, y can't he move and upgrade himself, its just like changing a workplace.at d moment hes with Villarreal (A Factory worker),if real Madrid(oil company) comes calling with better package and working environment won't you go grin grin

All u need to do is to convince ur new employers y u were recruited,dts all.

We no dey like competition at all,we nija,just dey maintain our local champion,and we re complaining dt caf/FIFA is ignoring us from awards

As far as I am concerned he can go anywhere even to Madrid,if he's sure of himself dt yes i can make it cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 9:14am On Jan 02, 2019
komekn:

Words of Wisdom.

Keeping matters in perspective he has not played one season of football yet. Far more experienced players with far greater cost have gone to bigger teams and flopped it can even almost kill your career.

If he must leave it has to be a club with genuine opportunity for him not just a big contract.
This players are professionals, if he believes he can displace a particular starter in a top club why the "wait"?

It's not a must that he must play a full season before leaving.

A player who had a Man of the Match performance for the SEs in his debut game , bossed things in the 1st 20 mins against Barca till they paid attention to him.

I could recall one Barca site praising Jordi Alba for keeping Chukwueze quiet and included that he didn't move forward because of Chukwueze and when he(Alba) moved forward his crosses were poor.

If he gets an offer from a club where he can displace the player in his position, I advice him to move.Delay can be dangerous.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2019
komekn:

Please correct me if i am wrong but from my understanding his first game was against Glasgow Rangers where he was far from impressive, he came on for about 15 minutes and didn't score and certainly did not get a MOTM.

Read again.I said the new coach's first game which was a Europa game and Chukwueze scored and won the MOTM in that game.

The game was against Spartak Moscow and the new coach's 1st game.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:23am On Jan 02, 2019
junnyjake:

He was born in Lagos, moved to London when he was 4 with his family.

There was actually an auto-correct error in the post you quoted, I've modified though.

I'm not sure I insulted you, but don't you think, you're insulting everyone here by insinuating that we all worship foreign born players?

Since It's clear we just don't understand each other, I'd rather we leave this talk.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:24am On Jan 02, 2019
EEGA:
No coach leaves his best players on the bench.

One thing is certain he will get his chance and will seize the opportunity.

Chukwueze is a player who just needs a start to prove himself.He also takes his chances.

The better/higher the team or league the better the player and the higher the probability of a call-up.

You should know the Epl better than I do

Yes no coach leave his best players on the bench ,what club will chukwueze be their best player ?why don't you allow him arrive the club before you conclude if he is their best player or not

Should I give you list of good players that was not given much chance in England and was label a flop by the media ?

The last time I checked Spanish laliga is the best league in the world ,chukwueze should remain there for one more season at least ,shebi na Arsenal him for join but he preferred Villarreal and now things are going well ,the boy is already a first teamer and one of their best player so he should continue like that to next season ,why do you want him to rush as if he is in his late 20s

If that boy go Epl and e no play well na you no go let us hear word for this thread.

He is in a better league and you want him to leave there to go to Epl ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:27am On Jan 02, 2019
komekn:

Words of Wisdom.

It's too early because this is his first season in Europe,Villarreal will gurantee him many minutes,you can even see that the new coach still trust him because he is good and very hardworking

Let me just say chukwueze is the rashford of Villarreal .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2019
EEGA:
This players are professionals, if he believes he can displace a particular starter in a top club why the "wait"?

It's not a must that he must play a full season before leaving.

A player who had a Man of the Match performance for the SEs in his debut game , bossed things in the 1st 20 mins against Barca till they paid attention to him.

I could recall one Barca site praising Jordi Alba for keeping Chukwueze quiet and included that he didn't move forward because of Chukwueze and when he(Alba) moved forward his crosses were poor.

If he gets an offer from a club where he can displace the player in his position, I advice him to move.Delay can be dangerous.

Barca site praising world class alba for keeping chukwueze quiet as if he is griezman or Cr7 ,una can form thing ehnn

But psg site didn't praise Daniel Alves for keeping onyekuru quiet during the last season champions league in the group stage when onyekuru gave Alves a run for his money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:30am On Jan 02, 2019
junnyjake:

That's my biggest fear. The truth is most of these big clubs gunning for him have no immediate first-team plans for him. They will sign him and then ship him off on loan after loan until he fizzles into obscurity. I doubt if a team like Real Madrid for instance will give Chukwueze an immediate chance to fight for a shirt with the likes of Bale and Asensio.

I would advise him to remain at Villareal for at least one more season to establish his reputation properly before moving to a big team. Maybe they will respect him more then.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 9:53am On Jan 02, 2019
andrew444:

Barca site praising world class alba for keeping chukwueze quiet as if he is griezman or Cr7 ,una can form thing ehnn

But psg site didn't praise Daniel Alves for keeping onyekuru quiet during the last season champions league in the group stage when onyekuru gave Alves a run for his money
Stop comparing Chukwueze with Onyekuru they are not on the same level.

While Onyekuru failed in his debut game against Corsica, Chukwueze was balling against Uganda who have kept 5 consecutive clean sheet.Onyekuru who is always known to impress within his first 10 mins on the pitch, was anonymous against Uganda.He even played on the left which makes matters worse.Even Kalu was balling against Uganda.

Onyekuru's biggest mistake remains not signing for PSG after his exploits with Eupen.

9 – Jordi Alba:
Had a lot on his plate to
try to nullify the threat of
the pacey Chukwueze,
something that prevented
him going forward. When
he did, his crosses lacked
conviction. Quiet second
half.
— FC Barcelona
(@FCBarcelonaHQ)
December 3, 2018

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:57am On Jan 02, 2019
Meliforme:
I like that 'defense penetration part' LOL.

grin grin see am.

Na wetin him go like be that.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2019
andrew444:

You should know the Epl better than I do

Yes no coach leave his best players on the bench ,what club will chukwueze be their best player ?why don't you allow him arrive the club before you conclude if he is their best player or not

Should I give you list of good players that was not given much chance in England and was label a flop by the media ?

The last time I checked Spanish laliga is the best league in the world ,chukwueze should remain there for one more season at least ,shebi na Arsenal him for join but he preferred Villarreal and now things are going well ,the boy is already a first teamer and one of their best player so he should continue like that to next season ,why do you want him to rush as if he is in his late 20s

If that boy go Epl and e no play well na you no go let us hear word for this thread.

He is in a better league and you want him to leave there to go to Epl ?
I need the list of Nigerian players who were not given chance in the EPL and labelled as flop.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:57am On Jan 02, 2019
EEGA:

While Onyekuru failed in his debut game against Corsica, Chukwueze was balling against Uganda who have kept 5 consecutive clean sheet.Onyekuru who is always known to impress within his first 10 mins on the pitch, was anonymous against Uganda.He even played on the left which makes matters worse.Even Kalu was balling against Uganda.

Onyekuru's biggest mistake remains not signing for PSG after his exploits with Eupen.

9 – Jordi Alba:
the pacey Chukwueze,
something that prevented
him going forward. When
conviction. Quiet second
half.
— FC Barcelona
(@FCBarcelonaHQ)
December 3, 2018

Stop judging a player by a friendly game okay

Did chukwueze score on his debut ?

Your hate for onyekuru is out of this world

Onyekuru should sign for psg and sit on the bench ?

Now I can see how pointless you are,if he go psg Na you go still call am bench warmer ,a psg team that Lucas Moura was frozen out

No need to argue with you sha ,na live scores and online news you dey read

Stop hyping a player who is yet to play 20 career games

Henry onyekuru has about 40 career goals at 21

I have nothing more to say to you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:59am On Jan 02, 2019
EEGA:
I need the list of Nigerian players who were not given chance in the EPL and labelled as flop.

So list of player who where not given a chance at the Epl has turned to Nigeria players ?

I already know you when you ran out of point you change topic

Please show me where I tell you I will show you list of Nigeria players ?

As if more than 50 Nigeria players have graced the Epl

Stop being clueless bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:00am On Jan 02, 2019
EEGA:

9 – Jordi Alba:
the pacey Chukwueze,
something that prevented
him going forward. When
conviction. Quiet second
half.
— FC Barcelona
(@FCBarcelonaHQ)
December 3, 2018

You won't see psg news about Alves vs onyekuru

Stop bringing a playing down who is getting goals okay .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EEGA: 10:07am On Jan 02, 2019
andrew444:

Stop judging a player by a friendly game okay

Did chukwueze score on his debut ?

Your hate for onyekuru is out of this world

Onyekuru should sign for psg and sit on the bench ?

Now I can see how pointless you are,if he go psg Na you go still call am bench warmer ,a psg team that Lucas Moura was frozen out

No need to argue with you sha ,na live scores and online news you dey read

Stop hyping a player who is yet to play 20 career games

Henry onyekuru has about 40 career goals at 21

I have nothing more to say to you
40 career goals in backwater leagues with poor defensive organization.

How come he has played 8 champions league games without a goal or assist?

Onyekuru would have become one of the starters for PSG by now because their new coach like utilizing every player available to him.That would have helped his development also by playing along side Mbappe,Neymar and Cavani.

Or do you think Onyekuru can't bench Di Maria?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5305) (5306) (5307) (5308) (5309) (5310) (5311) ... (16098) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cecco90, Christinu2, DrYa, shawwal1(m), TradingGod and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.