Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6884) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11580616 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6881) (6882) (6883) (6884) (6885) (6886) (6887) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 5:24pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
even if leganes can't afford him after the loan spell, his performances will attract mid table teams in laliga and any of the top leagues. i believe omeruo's sudden improvement and rise was an eye opener to awaziem and others

Yes thats true

I am happy for all of them

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
over depth cheesy
andrew444:

Lol how many depth you want make we get nah

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
Former Chelsea fullback Ola Aina is delighted to have signed permanently with Torino.

Toro president Urbano Cairo triggered the permanent option in the defender's loan deal last season.

Aina told Torino Channel: "I have to improve in the final phase of the action, and I am convinced that we can succeed.

"I am working hard to be ready when I'm needed. Ours is a very strong squad, it will be difficult to find space but I will do my best to succeed, thank you to the club for having exercised the option with Chelsea.

"Now we are in Europe and we have deserved it, because to get there we have committed so much and now we want to enter the group phase."

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ex-chelsea-fullback-ola-aina-i-m-so-happy-torino-took-up-my-option-4292856#0FMIu6g0glf2yWC4.99
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:42pm On Aug 15, 2019
Awaziem to la liga...

Porto refuse to sell so another season long loan

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:
it is not every name that you will call for the sake of argument.

Has Dele played any game recently? He has featured in just one game in the last 10 or more matches for hie club, is that the Dele they should invite?

Do you want me to follow your route and post his stats for you from your favorite transfermarket.com?

Oga forgiveness, it is not every name you will call just to stir up argument undecided

Dele played for the Feirense U23 towards the end of last season and it's the second team of Feirense. He is currently playing their as their first choice goalkeeper.

When last did Uzoho play? May 2019. And he has only played 4 times this year.

When last did Maduka play? March 2019. And he has only played 5 times this year.

When last did Ezenwa play?

It's worth arguing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:

And where is Emmanuel Daniel today? Or are we just going for one-tournament goalies?

Make una manage Ikechukwu Ezenwa for now, if another NPFL player must be in the team, he might probably replace Ezenwa.

This NPFL goalie must be in the team talk, is old and tiring. The 4the division player signified interest to play for Nigeria and has been following up by constantly keeping himself in the view of NFF. He did not just sit back and wait for somebody to call him, he worked for it and most people on social media are happy for him because we don dey see am

Not everytime your performance will speak for you, sometimes, you have to put yourself in their faces until they see you.

Emmanuel Daniel made a wrong career choice by moving to South Africa. it happens... Still he is proof of d fact that there are decent goalkeepers in the league..
Nobody is saying the goalkeepers must come from d npfl. .seeing as we don't have any experienced goalkeeper playing in Europe aside Uzoho, we have to turn to the league. ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
Should the combo of Omeruo and Awaziem work out fine in the heart off Leganes defense, then Ekong and Balogun should prepare for serious bench roles in the Super Eagles.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:
it is not every name that you will call for the sake of argument.

Has Dele played any game recently? He has featured in just one game in the last 10 or more matches for hie club, is that the Dele they should invite?

Do you want me to follow your route and post his stats for you from your favorite transfermarket.com?

Oga forgiveness, it is not every name you will call just to stir up argument undecided

Ezenwa was warming the bench at Enyimba but still got called up....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
Awaziem will do well in laliga, I'm confident on that. He is a ball playing defender and very good in the air. I doubted the aggressive side of his game but he proved me wrong at the just concluded afcon. The move will also expose him to playing on a higher level
ChrisKels:
Should the combo of Omeruo and Awaziem work out fine in the heart off Leganes defense, then Ekong and Balogun should prepare for serious bench roles in the Super Eagles.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
ChrisKels:

u should better hope that Mr conservative won't use Awazeim at RB when we have other RBs available...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Danielnino00:

Help me ask am? Abi bench get different levels?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
forgiveness:

Dele played for the Feirense U23 towards the end of last season and it's the second team of Feirense. He is currently playing their as their first choice goalkeeper.

When last did Uzoho play? May 2019. And he has only played 4 times this year.

When last did Maduka play? March 2019. And he has only played 5 times this year.

It's worth arguing.

I don't know how transfermarket.com works, but what I'm seeing says he was not in the squad for the tail end of the season

I will give you and Alampasu the same advice I gave Daniel and thr NPFL boys, if you want something, you must hustle for it. When Maduka was hustling for attention, commenting and liking NFF's social media posts, Alampasu was thinking Rohr has time to travel to Portugal and watch his games against bottom feed, or maybe tune to YouTube and watch the games that cannot be found.

Hustle o, make your mates no dey get National Team Call-ups, while you remain in limbo tongue

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
I don't like the idea of a German 4th tier player, ahead of Alampasu and Nwokolor who play at a higher stage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
ChrisKels:
I don't like the idea of a German 4th tier player, ahead of Alampasu and Nwokolor who play at a higher stage
nobody is asking you people to like the idea, just live with it, because na so life be. Sometimes, grace falls on the undeserving grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:

I don't know how transfermarket.com works, but what I'm seeing says he was not in the squad for the tail end of the season

I will give you and Alampasu the same advice I gave Daniel and thr NPFL boys, if you want something, you must hustle for it. When Maduka was hustling for attention, commenting and liking NFF's social media posts, Alampasu was thinking Rohr has time to travel to Portugal and watch his games against bottom feed, or maybe tune to YouTube and watch the games that cannot be found.

Hustle o, make your mates no dey get National Team Call-ups, while you remain in limbo tongue
Lolz.. this your post funny
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:

Lolz.. how does social media comments ,likes and social media hustle make Maduka a better GK. IMO Alampasu still better pass dem FBs . Somebody once talk about the national team helping out a player at club level,there is nothing wrong if the SE comes in for Dele.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
Danielnino00:

u should better hope that Mr conservative won't use Awazeim at RB when we have other RBs available...

It would be most foolhardy of him to try to fix what's not broken. Many countries pray to av this privilege, for synergy that would come in handy in their national teams

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2019
Good response lolz
safarigirl:
nobody is asking you people to like the idea, just live with it, because na so life be. Sometimes, grace falls on the undeserving grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:18pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:

He was not with the main team but he was with the second team.

I don't have problem with Maduka's invitation but why did that coach invite a perpetual bench warmer, Ezenwa?

Maduka, Uzoho and Alampasu are in the same level as far as I am concern but why has that coach conspicuously ignored him.

Wetin Ezenwa add to the team?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2019
Danielnino00:

hahahaha

Ezenwa has more caps than Alampasu, does he not? Ezenwa has national team and senior tournaments experience on his side, what does Alampasu have, age grade football?

All these your arguments are disappointing, to be honest grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Good response lolz
I don't understand this wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Maduka will not even play against Ukraine, they are probably just inviting him as appreciation for all the likes and comments he's been dropping on NFF's page grin

Let the others, who were less fortunate, adopt this strategy, and it may pay off eventually

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2019
they all know that but nothing wey rohr do wey dem no go find fault just to have a reason to castigate him cheesy
safarigirl:

Maduka will not even play against Ukraine, they are probably just inviting him as appreciation for all the likes and comments on NFF's page grin

Let the others, who were less fortunate, adopt this strategy, and it may pay off eventually
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:

Maduka will not even play against Ukraine, they are probably just inviting him as appreciation for all the likes and comments he's been dropping on NFF's page grin

Yea and I think that's what kept Ogu in the team for so long

Sometimes you have to show yourself

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:26pm On Aug 15, 2019
forgiveness:

He was not with the main team but he was with the second team.

I don't have problem with Maduka's invitation but why did that coach invite a perpetual bench warmer, Ezenwa?

Maduka, Uzoho and Alampasu are in the same level as far as I am concern but has that coach conspicuously ignored him.

Wetin Ezenwa add to the team?
I thought we already established here, about a year ago, that Rohr likes to phase out players in batches?

Ezenwa's batch has not come. You cannot expect Rohr to drop two of his tournament-tested goalies for green horns at a go. Akpeyi has been phased out, alongside Ogu and Shehu for now. Ezenwa's time will come

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:30pm On Aug 15, 2019
Eartquake1:

Yea and I think that's what kept Ogu in the team for so long

Sometimes you have to show yourself
exactly.

Some people are good enough to qualify without doing much, some others have to force their way through. Maduka is well aware his stats don't cut it, he's not doing anything amazing at club level, but he recognized what National team could do for his career, and he used a road less traveled, to force his way into the conversation.

A lot of people do not take due advantage of social media in their careers....of course, I don't expect Alampasu and some others to figure out this method, but I hope they're taking pointers from Maduka. Things will not always be handed to you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:32pm On Aug 15, 2019
chai! oil dey your head wink
safarigirl:
I thought we already established here, about a year ago, that Rohr likes to phase out players in batches?

Ezenwa's batch has not come. You cannot expect Rohr to drop two of his tournament-tested goalies for green horns at a go. Akpeyi has been phased out, alongside Ogu and Shehu for now. Ezenwa's time will come
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:33pm On Aug 15, 2019
mostob:
Lolz.. how does social media comments ,likes and social media hustle make Maduka a better GK. IMO Alampasu still better pass dem FBs . Somebody once talk about the national team helping out a player at club level,there is nothing wrong if the SE comes in for Dele.
you don't understand, who is talking about a better GK?

There are many employed people in society that don't have half the skills or intelligence of some unemployed people, but they have jobs. How did they get the jobs? Whatever you lack in one department, you make up for it in others.

Some people are going to events nobody invited them to, just to network and put themselves in the right circle, while some others are sitting at home and waiting for someone to offer them jobs, because they got good grades in school. Life is not cut and dry o. Hustle grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:
exactly.

Some people are good enough to qualify without doing much, some others have to force their way through. Maduka is well aware his stats don't cut it, he's not doing anything amazing at club level, but he recognized what National team could do for his career, and he used a road less traveled, to force his way into the conversation.

A lot of people do not take due advantage of social media in their careers....of course, I don't expect Alampasu and some others to figure out this method, but I hope they're taking pointers from Maduka. Things will not always be handed to you

Yea the way people use calculator here for invites, this player has played 37 games so he has to start over a player that has 36 games

They forget human factors like willingness and availability, some players are more passionate about the national team and no calculator can dispute that fact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2019
Eartquake1:

Yea the way people use calculator here for invites, this play has played 37 games so he has to start over a player that has 36 games

They forget human factors like willingness and availability, some players are more passionate about the national team and no calculator can dispute that fact

Tell them abeg. No be only one road dey to achieve something.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
mostob:

When was the last time alampasu played football?

The bolded is objectively false.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
Tammy Abraham.... Overhyped buffoon

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2019
safarigirl:
you don't understand, who is talking about a better GK?

There are many employed people in society that don't have half the skills or intelligence of some unemployed people, but they have jobs. How did they get the jobs? Whatever you lack in one department, you make up for it in others.

Some people are going to events nobody invited them to, just to network and put themselves in the right circle, while some others are sitting at home and waiting for someone to offer them jobs, because they got good grades in school. Life is not cut and dry o. Hustle grin
brilliant!!!
you have made a good point but you have to understand that football world is entirely different from labour market. In labour market,people with low grade but have different connections will eventually catch up after some training but we are talking of football here where your capabilities and abilities are the deciding factors.
Conclusively, am more interested in maduka 's abilities rather. than his social media likes and comments.
For now,irrespective of game time and other factors,Dele is clearly the better of the two

(1) (2) (3) ... (6881) (6882) (6883) (6884) (6885) (6886) (6887) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TradingGod, elyte89 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.