Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,544 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:38 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7091) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11326913 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7088) (7089) (7090) (7091) (7092) (7093) (7094) ... (16043) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2innocent(m): 5:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Salisu reinstated after one year suspension for collecting bribe to influence players selection under secret video camera evidence. Is one year suspension enough? I think this is bad for our football development.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 5:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
2innocent:
Leon Balogun did not feature in the friendly against Ukraine after he angrily left camp because he discovered he was not in the starting lineup even after being one of the first players in camp. Although he took excuse b4 leaving camp n claimed he was injured.

Are u sure about this ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
The Super Eagles' KOC: S.Kalu speaks

”I had fun playing with them because we compliment each other. It’s the same with anybody that is selected by the coach. Teams will find it hard to stop us if we continue playing like we did in the first half,

”Osimhen is never tired of running and Chukwueze can equally run and create space like me. Maybe we need to add goals to our combination for it to be more effective. We keep learning.”

Source: OwngoalNigeria

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2innocent(m): 5:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
Prectega:

Are u sure about this ?
heard it on radio sports station, 104.5
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Prectega(m): 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Balogun doesn't make the bench in his club yet he expects to start in the S.E .. Who does that

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
elyte89:

Same way I will ask you...what exactly has d blocks from ndidi led to in our attacks..has he ever orchestrated any attack b4 dt led to a goal..please mention one?

Cos going back to d afcon..d recent tournament played,ndidi had no direct impact in d goals scored even though its not his primary assignment... D first goal was assisted by aina,d second match against Guinea was assisted by simon scored by omeruo,same as d Cameroonian game,ndidi had no hand in it against d southies,same thing,against Algeria, it was etebos wide shot dt hit d Algerian defender led to our equalizer b4 ndidi cost us d match with his unprofessional rash tackle and to cap it all..he has zero goals for eagles,no b say na like oliseh dt bail us out when d chips re down

So abeg all dis defensive stat by ndidi is a norm,is it me dt would block, he was called upon to do it,same as etebo,so in a nutshell,both av contributed well to d teams growth. its not as if ndidis' contribution has led to all d success we av achieved so far

Wetin you dey talk sef. How many of your regular DM creates goal scoring chances or produces assists. Even the best DM in the world doesn't do that because it's not their Job. No dey bring up yeye stats that doesn't have anything to do with a DM
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Alex Iwobi and Victor Osimhen.

Super Eagles' AM elite and Super Eagles' New Top 9.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 5:32pm On Sep 12, 2019
2innocent:
Leon Balogun did not feature in the friendly against Ukraine after he angrily left camp because he discovered he was not in the starting lineup even after being one of the first players in camp. Although he took excuse b4 leaving camp n claimed he was injured.

I noticed he wasn't on the bench.

If he truly left angrily without any tangible reasons , then that's bleeped up from. He ought to understand that you have to earn a spot in the team, and it won't be given to him on a platter of gold
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:34pm On Sep 12, 2019
Our U-23 Boys looking "hulky" grin grin

From L-R: Blessing Olabiran, Taiwo Awoniyi and Olisa Ndah (Local Man's Van Dijk grin ).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:42pm On Sep 12, 2019
2innocent:

Balogun denies this.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:43pm On Sep 12, 2019
What do U expect when all people dream of is winning the AFCON and qualifying for WC?

tbaba1234:

Algeria won the nations cup with technique not the usual attributes associated with African football. In my opinion, Aribo is more effective. He gets into the box from the midfield and that gives him a chance to get more goals.

Etebo is a good player but i feel that he sometimes over-elaborates on the ball. People might see that and say baller but it kills attacks.

Technique beats power every day of the week. Do European team not smash Africans in competitions?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:44pm On Sep 12, 2019
I just knew he would surely respond to this rubbish. Good thing he came out and spoke abeg. Some crazy journos trying to paint a matured guy like Balogun in bad colors.

tbaba1234:

Balogun denies this.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
News Alert: CAF dey owe our Super Eagles

From legitnews:

@CAF_Online are said to be currently broke and that is why they are yet to pay Algeria, Senegal, Nigeria and Tunisia their full money for AFCON 2019

According to this report, only $600,000 have been received by the NFF for third place finish at the AFCON. The full prize for bronze is $2 million.

https://www.legit.ng/amp/1259294-afcon-2019-caf-pay-super-eagles-full-money-bronze-medal.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Our U-23 Boys looking "hulky" grin grin

From L-R: Blessing Olabiran, Taiwo Awoniyi and Olisa Ndah (Local Man's Van Dijk grin ).

Are you by any means referring to someone here? grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
The Super Eagles' KOC: S.Kalu speaks

”I had fun playing with them because we compliment each other. It’s the same with anybody that is selected by the coach. Teams will find it hard to stop us if we continue playing like we did in the first half,

”Osimhen is never tired of running and Chukwueze can equally run and create space like me. Maybe we need to add goals to our combination for it to be more effective. We keep learning.”

Source: OwngoalNigeria

Mbok. Tell Baba Rohr the bolded. We know you guys can be unstoppable if you become an offensive unit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
tbaba1234:

Balogun denies this.

Wa lai, this Balogun has bad mouth. The journalist should just avoid Balogun. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
The Man Utd Way
@TheManUtdWay
The pass from Paul Scholes was so good that Van Persie and Tim Cahill both fought to be on the end of it. Lescott is still dizzy now. What a player Scholesy was and still is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bSngZSJwzE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
Earthquake1:
Lucas Piazon quits Chelsea after 7 years at the club

Cc Andrew444 this is how loans can kill a player's career

The loan did not kill him

Where you expecting him to stay at Chelsea forever ?

Bros if you are good you are good, lucas piazon loan has nothing to do with killing him

Abi say others clubs no see am to bid for am?

I will repeat loan doesnt kill a player, diego costa went out to about 4 loans why him career no die?

Lucas piazon is just one bang average player and thats it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
andrew444:

The loan did not kill him

Where you expecting him to stay at Chelsea forever ?

Bros if you are good you are good, lucas piazon loan has nothing to do with killing him

Abi say others clubs no see am to bid for am?

I will repeat loan doesnt kill a player, diego costa went out to about 4 loans why him career no die?

Lucas piazon is just one bang average player and thats it

Lucas Piazon is no average player, imagine if Salah and De Bruyne had to go through all those loans

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:50pm On Sep 12, 2019
Icon4s:

Are you by any means referring to someone here? grin grin grin grin grin

Looolll..... Local man's identity will stay hidden... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2019
tbaba1234:
Salisu replaces Imama.

Salisu is back

If you say April fools I will go along with it even though we are in September. This move makes Nigerian football a total joke. Shame on the NFF.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:01pm On Sep 12, 2019
It Was Like Watching Brazil Play – Ukrainian Journalist On Super Eagles First Half Display In Draw Against Ukraine

A lot of people who watched the Super Eagles of Nigeria against Ukraine were left surprised the way the Nigerian team took the game to the host team in the opening 45 minutes which ended with Nigeria leading 2-0.

The game ended in a 2-2 draw with Ukraine scoring twice in the second half but according to Ukrainian Journalist Stanislav Roman, the first half performance of the Super Eagles is similar to watching Brazil in full flow.

Roman said the way the Nigerians were confident on the ball and also the running off it left the backline of Ukraine confused and even coach of the team Andriy Shevchenko admitted after the game that his wards couldn’t keep up with the pace of the Nigerians.

He said the trio of Samuel Chukwueze, Samuel Kalu and Victor Osimhen can wreck any team in the world if they play with such neck breaking speed as seen in the first half of the draw against Ukraine two days ago.

”It was like watching Brazil play to be honest. That was the best 45 minutes any team can ever wish for. They were not just good on the ball but off it they kept making runs that left the defence of Ukraine confused.
The front three can trouble any team with the pace with which they played the first 45 minutes “, Roman told Owngoalnigeria.com.

”They probably got tired in the second half but if not for the chances they fail to convert they would have rounded up the game before the first goal scored by Ukraine. Ukraine national team were taught a very good lesson by the Nigerians “.

Source: OGN

***This is an Ukrainian and European bowing to the Powers and unlimited mad potentials of the KOC...***

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:07pm On Sep 12, 2019
Earthquake1:

Lucas Piazon is no average player, imagine if Salah and De Bruyne had to go through all those loans

Lol lucas piazon is no average player?

If i talk say you no no anything for football e go be like say i wan start

How can salah and de bruyne go through all those laon when they are good?

They both werent given a chance at chelsea and they went to others club now look at them today

Why didnt those clubs purchase piazon?

Are you telling me chelsea refused to sell him because he is one good player?

De bruyne was at werder bremen for loan immediately he was purchased by wolfsburg but dem no dey buy piazon ooo, so he cant force a move abi? what about salah impact at fiorentina and roma? before he joined liverpool, a good player wont lack good club

Loan does not kill a player, you are really getting it wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:12pm On Sep 12, 2019
andrew444:

They both werent given a chance at chelsea and they went to others club now look at them today

De bruyne was at werder bremen for loan immediately he was purchased by wolfsburg but dem no dey buy piazon ooo, so he cant force a move abi? what about salah impact at fiorentina and roma? before he joined liverpool, a good player wont lack good club

Chelsea apperently didn't want to sell him because many clubs wanted him at that time, they were probably waiting for him to turn to world class before bringing him back

Salah flopped at Chelsea before he was sold, De Bruyne was not needed before he was sold, spending 7 seasons at seven different leagues does not help a player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

If you say April fools I will go along with it even though we are in September. This move makes Nigerian football a total joke. Shame on the NFF.

please Salisu Yusuf...is way better than Imama a thousand times...

the man obviously has repent of his sins.and has also learnt a bitter lesson...
so I trust him to call up players on merit henceforth and shun bribe taking and corruption for at least the next 2-3 years and that will be a huge plus....

for Imama only God knows...I won't say much...just wish all.indigenous coaches including siasia can be served Yusuf treatment...that will go a long way reset their brain

WELCOME BACK COACH SALISU YUSUF...
I PREFER YOU TO IMAMA WHO SO MUCH DELIGHT IN LOOSING AWAY MATCHES... to Africa inter-house sport teams
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
andrew444:

Despite many clubs wanting Tammy Abraham, Chelsea kept loaning him

He's lucky for the transfer ban otherwise he would have been on loan at the Dutch league

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
Rohr on the Super Eagles: Contract status, Afcon 2021 and the future

“I see a very good future for the Super Eagles. There are a lot of young, talented players coming through. We can have a very good team for the AFCON 2021 & @FIFAWorldCup 2022 in Qatar. But we have to work hard. And together, with all the relevant people in Nigeria.

“As is known, my current contract with the
Super Eagles runs till June 2020. This ends right in the middle of the qualifying campaign for the 2021 AFCON. It’s a bit strange that I have a contract ending while I have to qualify for the 2021 AFCON in Cameroon.

“I have a lot I want to achieve. Big things with Nigeria. I can see what the future can produce. I hope I can work with President Amaju Pinnick to achieve those things. But I don’t know my situation after June 2020. We have to see what happens."

Courtesy: @Osasuo (Osasu Obayiuwana).

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
Earthquake1:

Despite many clubs wanting Tammy Abraham, Chelsea kept loaning him

He's lucky for the transfer ban otherwise he would have been on loan at the Dutch league

I agree with tammy abraham

If tammy has impressed at swansea he should been bought since, but tammy is 21 and piazon is 25 already, i know brazillians to be ambitious, why didnt he force a move if i may ask?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
NFF announces return of Salisu Yusuf, thanks Imama for services as Olympic Eagles Coach

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have announced the return of suspended Coach Salisu Yusuf, who served a one-year ban for receiving bribe while in-charge of the Home based Eagles.

Yusuf was laid off for a year and fined US$5000 for accepting a “cash gift” of $1000 to select and field two players during Nigeria’s 2018 African Nations Championship in Morocco.

The 57 year-old served his suspension between September 2018 and 2019.

In a statement on Thursday, the NFF confirmed the Coach’s return.

Previously, Yusuf was in charge of the Home Eagles and also the Head Coach of the Olympic Eagles.

During the period of his ban, Imama Amapakabo served in his stead as Head Coach and assistant to Gernot Rohr in the senior men’s national team.

The NFF statement reads:

Meanwhile, the Nigeria Football Federation has noted that the Chief Coach of the Super Eagles, Salisu Yusuf has now fully served the one –year suspension clamped on him last year.

The Federation thanked Coach Imama Amapakabo for his sterling efforts while in charge of the U23 National Team in the absence of the suspended Yusuf, and for eventually seeing to the team’s qualification for the U23 AFCON.

Although the NFF is yet to confirm Yusuf will return to all his previous roles, besides as Super Eagles Chief Coach, it is believed he will take over Nigeria’s preparation for the Africa U23 Cup of Nations.

Source:BrilaFM

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
Earthquake1:

Chelsea apperently didn't want to sell him because many clubs wanted him at that time, they were probably waiting for him to turn to world class before bringing him back

Salah flopped at Chelsea before he was sold, De Bruyne was not needed before he was sold, spending 7 seasons at seven different leagues does not help a player

Chelsea no get sense be that

I wont call mohammed salah a flop at chelsea, he was not given a fair chance , how many games did he start out of his 13 epl games if i may ask that you consider him a flop?

I am happy for him because the arrogant British media can now keep their mouth shut, they are so quick to label a player flop

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
Are we encouraging bribery by reinstating Salisu?

I mean, he was caught on camera. What precedent does that set? Does it mean that any coach caught taking bribe should expect a slap on the wrist?

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 7:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
andrew444:

I agree with tammy abraham

If tammy has impressed at swansea he should been bought since, but tammy is 21 and piazon is 25 already, i know brazillians to be ambitious, why didnt he force a move if i may ask?

Tammy joined a sinking ship at Swansea, He went to Aston Villa and performed, Huddersfield and Wolves wanted him but Chelsea rejected

As for Piazon we don't know the contents of his contract that may prevent him from forcing a move

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7088) (7089) (7090) (7091) (7092) (7093) (7094) ... (16043) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bannedlargedx2, lovewins, Napoleon55(m), Impeccable5248(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.