Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11537077 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7145) (7146) (7147) (7148) (7149) (7150) (7151) ... (16098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 8:44am On Sep 21, 2019
They are both calamity waiting to happen ...but akpeyi is old and can't get any better maduka is the opposite
safarigirl:
has Maduka successfully sent Akpeyi into retirement?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:25am On Sep 21, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Oga worry about the Sudanese club biko. Akwa will be just fine grin

grin

When I say we are the only professional club u go wan always beat me grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:27am On Sep 21, 2019
isan:
They are both calamity waiting to happen ...but akpeyi is old and can't get any better maduka is the opposite

True. Maduka is still very much work in progress. You can't compare him with Akpeyi who we know cannot improve more than he is now.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:28am On Sep 21, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Eagles on the Rise: The Journey so far in 2019/2020...

As we head into another weekend of top action across the Top European leagues and other leagues in Europe and the world, it is nice seeing three of our Super Eagles players topping various stats in Europe...

Most Dribbles Won (22) in Europe's Top 5 Leagues: Samuel Kalu

Most Interceptions Made (15) made in Europe's Top 5 Leagues: Wilfred Ndidi

Most Goals (5) in Ligue 1: Victor Osimhen

#EaglesOnTheRise

The way Osimhen runs some times undecided grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:47am On Sep 21, 2019
Icon4s:

grin

When I say we are the only professional club u go wan always beat me grin

Hmmm but you are on the brink of extinction grin

Hope say dem no use una tusk make jewelry for Sudan grin remember that Lobi made it to the group stage last time so make una no fall hand biko.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 10:12am On Sep 21, 2019
I don't even know how to feel about this Brazil friendly. On one hand I am excited about the prospect of facing such an illustrious team but on the other, I just hope we don't start calling for Rohr's sack after Brazil is done with us after that game.

What I mean is, let us lower our expectations. Brazil is not our mate. If a miracle happens and we pull off a draw or a win, then fine. But if the obvious happens, let's be objective in our criticisms and lamentations.

Ciao.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:17am On Sep 21, 2019
Rohr should simply play 3 at the back to avoid Brazil spanking us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 10:21am On Sep 21, 2019
Some people are already taking this Brazil match as a punishment instead of a friendly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:21am On Sep 21, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Hmmm but you are on the brink of extinction grin

Hope say dem no use una tusk make jewelry for Sudan grin remember that Lobi made it to the group stage last time so make una no fall hand biko.

The people's Elephants can never go into extinction grin

Those Akwa boys don't deserve to collect their September Salary honestly grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:34am On Sep 21, 2019
Curtisaxel7:
I don't even know how to feel about this Brazil friendly. On one hand I am excited about the prospect of facing such an illustrious team but on the other, I just hope we don't start calling for Rohr's sack after Brazil is done with us after that game.

What I mean is, let us lower our expectations. Brazil is not our mate. If a miracle happens and we pull off a draw or a win, then fine. But if the obvious happens, let's be objective in our criticisms and lamentations.

Ciao.

Agreed without one question ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 10:37am On Sep 21, 2019
zuchyblink:

So that tomorrow you will blast the same Rohr for being too timid and not brave. Or blame him for being too defensive
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:40am On Sep 21, 2019
Icon4s:

The people's Elephants can never go into extinction grin

Those Akwa boys don't deserve to collect their September Salary honestly grin grin

You are looking at extinction from the champions league grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:44am On Sep 21, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You are looking at extinction from the champions league grin

Ordinary Academy boys extinguished full grown men..... grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:18am On Sep 21, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Ciao.
Y'all are taking it too seriously

Worst comes to worst, they beat us 3-1, nobody is going to whitewash us. Even at our worst, we didn't get whitewashed in tournaments, is it now that we will be trashed in a friendly?

If anyone calls for Rohr's head, it will be the normal reaction to every game. Even when we win, people still have complaints

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:20am On Sep 21, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Ciao.

See as all of una just serious dey anticipate like say na world cup

Too many long talks here already, if we win we win if we loose we loose, many of you guys are already preparing for life after loosing while the game is yet to be played

I will be waiting for the childish antics if we loose that game, the annoying ones will unleash their useless anger as usual

I pray we win so i wont see disguising attitude of some peeps here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:23am On Sep 21, 2019
safarigirl:
Y'all are taking it too seriously

Worst comes to worst, they beat us 3-1, nobody is going to whitewash us. Even at our worst, we didn't get whitewashed in tournaments, is it now that we will be trashed in a friendly?

If anyone calls for Rohr's head, it will be the normal reaction to every game. Even when we win, people still have complaints

I don't think we have ever lost by 4 under Rohr
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2019
zuchyblink:

See them, na dem

Nigeria and inferiority complex , already feeling inferior to brazil and to make it funny many of you peeps where boasting for us to do well at the world cup but ordinary friendly una wan piss for body, even the fans of the bolivia national team wont be scared like this if they have a game against brazil, but the fans of a better footballing nation are already panicking

Smh

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:35am On Sep 21, 2019
Ndidi starts, chuks on bench ,my man nacho is no where

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 11:37am On Sep 21, 2019
andrew444:

See as all of una just serious dey anticipate like say na world cup

Too many long talks here already, if we win we win if we loose we loose, many of you guys are already preparing for life after loosing while the game is yet to be played

I will be waiting for the childish antics if we loose that game, the annoying ones will unleash their useless anger as usual

I pray we win so i wont see disguising attitude of some peeps here

LWKMD.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake1: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2019
andrew444:
Ndidi starts, chuks on bench ,my man nacho is no where

angry

Don't you know it's rainy season, drainages are bad

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2019
Aribo is a Central midfielder and Ojo is a winger. You cannot use goals stats to determine who has done better.... this goes just beyond stats. So you comparing Aribo and Ojo shows just how desperate you are to make a case for Ojo. Aribo like Ojo has three UEL qualifying goals. In all he has been contributing to his team even from deep and gives the team a spine from his role compared to Ojo who plays closer to goal.

From the position of CM, Aribo has done very well and exceeded expectations compared to an attacking winger in Ojo. That is the fact on ground.
Be it Scottish league or Europa league, and I had the Scottish league in mind because that is where I have watched both much more compared to the Europa league, Aribo have been much more impressive.

That is the real EOD. It's not just about stats but even the stats show a CM exceeding expectations and a winger just having a decent run in a lowly -rated league. Ojo must boss that league to get really noticed just like Aribo has done and is doing even from a deep role as CM.

forgiveness:

How can you have only league season in mind?

Is the Belgium league the only tournament in Europe?

Europa League is more competitive than the Belgium league and Ojo is balling hard and bossing it for his club in a more reputable competition than the Belgium Pro League. That's the undiluted fact.

Therefore, Ojo is doing better than Bonaventure this season. Oooooha.

Ojo has even done better than Aribo in both the Scottish league and the Europa League. You can never deny this fact. EOD

Ojo's stats

Aribo's stats

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2019
Icon4s:

Looolll.... una dey enter Basco this weekend with wicked jabs oooo..... chaaii.. Basco...see what your darling Akwa utd have caused now.... hahahahaha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 11:57am On Sep 21, 2019
Wgk knows d salisu dude playing 4 real Valladolid
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
zuchyblink:

You mean 3-5-2 formation? It's better against Brazil.
Uzoho
Ekong- Ajayi- Omeruo
Aina- Ndidi- Aribo- Etebo - Collins
Iwobi/ Onyekuru - Osimhen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
I believe it is safe to say Yes!! Lol

safarigirl:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
Icon4s:

Ehn we accept but you couldn't even score one goal versus 10 men in 60 minutes. Can we say that the champions league is now too big an ask for the most professional club in Nigeria? The last time enyimba played in the champions league group stage these guys were in nursery school grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
One of those runs fetched him that wonder goal in his very first game for Lille. Dude is such a powerful runner and has pace to burn.

Icon4s:

The way Osimhen runs some times undecided grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Ehn we accept but you couldn't even score one goal versus 10 men in 60 minutes. Can we say that the champions league is now too big an ask for the most professional club in Nigeria? The last time enyimba played in the champions league group stage these guys were in nursery school grin

But Basco won't give up without a fight.... grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:21pm On Sep 21, 2019
safarigirl:
I think so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2019
forgiveness:

How can you have only league season in mind?

Is the Belgium league the only tournament in Europe?

Europa League is more competitive than the Belgium league and Ojo is balling hard and bossing it for his club in a more reputable competition than the Belgium Pro League. That's the undiluted fact.

Therefore, Ojo is doing better than Bonaventure this season. Oooooha.

Ojo has even done better than Aribo in both the Scottish league and the Europa League. You can never deny this fact. EOD

Ojo's stats

Aribo's stats
what's this? You are comparing a midfielder and a winger, this is like saying Salah dey ball pass Wijnaldum

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
andrew444:

See them, na dem

Nigeria and inferiority complex , already feeling inferior to brazil and to make it funny many of you peeps where boasting for us to do well at the world cup but ordinary friendly una wan piss for body, even the fans of the bolivia national team wont be scared like this if they have a game against brazil, but the fans of a better footballing nation are already panicking

Smh
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2019
TheSuperNerd:

But Basco won't give up without a fight.... grin

You you for gree grin

Oga Icon4s wan use akwa to cover up his club's shortcomings. Let them go to Sudan and get a win

(1) (2) (3) ... (7145) (7146) (7147) (7148) (7149) (7150) (7151) ... (16098) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.