Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11570688 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7391) (7392) (7393) (7394) (7395) (7396) (7397) ... (16112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 9:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
charlesemeka85:
andrew i beg u for the last time stop calling me names cus i won't tolerate that from you henceforth. be warned!

Shut up your mouth

When you call names you dont know but you dont like being called

Anyway your sins are forgiven
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by semid4lyfe(m): 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2019
Reminder: I am the moderator of this section.

I follow this thread religiously. Pls lets keep it brotherly and free of insults

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2019
This is what is called "no sentiments". If this happened here in Nigeria, charlesemeka85 and co, would cry blue murder. My dear if u are gud, u are in, otherwise, go home and work harder to improve urself.

ETTIENNE ETO'O DROPPED FROM CAMEROUN U17 SQUAD - The Real Mallorca youth team captain who is the first son of Cameroonian legend, Samuel Eto'o Fil,
alongside five other teammates will now be
heading home from South America after their
removal from the side.

Further exclusions from the final young Lions
list are Aurel Tiki Joel, Jordan Konango, Bryan
Djile Nokoue, Enzo Tchato and Dani Barel
Fotso, who ply their trade in Europe for
Olympique Lyonnais, Monaco, Saint-Etienne,
Montpellier and Roma, respectively.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 9:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
charlesemeka85:
andrew i beg u for the last time stop calling me names cus i won't tolerate that from you henceforth. be warned!

Or you will do what? I'm just curious. Will you slap him through the internet or will you call police to come arrest him on Nairaland or....

Or what? grin.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 9:39pm On Oct 17, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Hahaha so na now you even see am grin grin grin
That boy matter don tire me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba12345: 9:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
ChrisKels:
This is what is called "no sentiments". If this happened here in Nigeria, charlesemeka85 and co, would cry blue murder. My dear if u are gud, u are in, otherwise, go home and work harder to improve urself.

All foreign players were dropped from the Cameroon team because there is a law that prevents foreign based players in the under 17. It is not because of no sentiments.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 9:52pm On Oct 17, 2019
Football agent to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) took the federation’s friendly request for a game against Germany in partial fulfillment of the body’s quest for Grade A friendly games during the monthly FIFA-free windows for such an exercise.
Nigeria and Germany friendly
NFF will continue to push for a friendly against the German machine
Sportinglife.ng gathered exclusively that the Germany FA politely turned down the request stating that the Germans were busy with participating in the Euro qualifiers, having beaten Estonia 3-0 on Sunday in an away fixture.
Interestingly, the NFF scout is favourably disposed towards having the Super Eagles test their might against the German machine, having drawn Ukraine 2-2 and Brazil also on Sunday 1-1 in Singapore.
Meanwhile, former Super Falcons’ coach Thomas Dennerby has revealed that his ex-employers Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) are not owing him a dime either as salaries or outlays arising from the contractual agreement between both parties.
In an email written by Henner Jazen, Dennerby’s lawyer with the subject matter: ‘Salary Thomas Dennerby’ and addressed to Amaju Pinnick dated 12 October 2019 stated that:” I herewith confirm that Thomas Dennerby has gratefully received all outstanding salaries and outlays.
He is very thankful and will send you a personal note in the upcoming days.
”The only remaining request will be if my client will participate in the bonus system for WC 2019.
We don’t even know if NFF has already received that. Kind regards. Henner Janzen Rechtsanwalt.”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:57pm On Oct 17, 2019
She didn't know the money was coming
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
tbaba12345:

All foreign players were dropped from the Cameroon team because there is a law that prevents foreign based players in the under 17. It is not because of no sentiments.

Tell me about it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
safarigirl:
my friend, if you watch Onuachu's youtube clips, you'll be convinced he's better than CR7

Every football fan knows that youtube clips are fraudulent in nature and only show you the juicy parts, you cannot judge any player based on them. I bet even Mustafi would have a pretty dope youtube clip, doesn't make him a decent defender.

When you want to argue a player's quality, use live matches please, not Youtube

If you want to assess video footage. Then it should be footage of an individual match not a compilation of matches fused together into one 5-7 minutes clip.

If you can get 5-7 minutes of an individual match of a player gives you a good indication of the players quality. Better still 4/5 minimum 5 minutes clips of individual matches.

For a player to be on the ball for 5-7 minutes in 90± minutes match with 22 players on the pitch says he is doing something outstanding.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
Victor osimhen has just won ligue 1 player of the month for september

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
Curtisaxel7:

Or you will do what? I'm just curious. Will you slap him through the internet or will you call police to come arrest him on Nairaland or....

Or what? grin.

lol

Him self sabi enter me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:05pm On Oct 17, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

What is all this nonsense you are talking about? I have no idea of discrimination that I have actually faced in real life? You think I was reading a story book. This is something I have experienced myself.

Context is RACIAL DISCRIMINATION

Where and when did you face racial discrimination❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba12345: 10:09pm On Oct 17, 2019
ChrisKels:

Tell me about it

Thomas Libiih in an interview with Cameroonian journalist Philippe Boney explained the exclusion of the 6 foreign-based players from his final selection.

“I’m just a little coach. I cannot go beyond the Head of State. I did not sign this decree. If the people talk about it, that means that there is a real problem, so I have to address my hierarchy,” Libiih said.

In 2014, a Presidential decree barred the selection of any player who hasn’t been registered in any competition organized by the Cameroon Football Federation into the U15 and U17 teams of the Nation.

In essence, players who were based abroad and didn’t play football in Cameroon couldn’t be called to the U17 and U15 teams.

Thomas Libiih explained only the Cameroon Federation could solve the problem of the young footballers based abroad

“I cannot go beyond a presidential decree. Now the heavy responsibility lies with the Cameroon Football Federation. It’s not for me to decide on anything. It would be a pity for the kids, but hey I cannot do otherwise”

The decree also allowed for a 30% allocation to foreign-based players in the country’s U20 team.

The final 21-man squad selected by Head Coach Thomas Libiih for Cameroon.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:15pm On Oct 17, 2019
safarigirl:
A few days ago, I was on a site, and there was this news about a lady that looked black enough to me, but all the comments, from the predominantly Black American site, kept repeating that she wasn't black.

In complexion, she looked black enough to me, albeit of a different ethnicity. So, I asked one of them, what it meant to be 'black' and who decided it, and after explaining to me, their perception, I got some form of clarity.

Now, for the purpose of clarity NEXT time, so that the likes of Komekn, don't call me ignorant.

Whenever I use the term 'black' on this thread, it is in reference to the Americans. If I wish to speak of those in Africa, I use Africans, and when I speak of those in the Queen's country, I use 'borough'

Someone who lives in the UK, cannot speak about race with the same authority as the Americans. In the UK, apparently, they don't have the same definitions of racial relations, as in the USA. I LEARNT of this last year, and I will not be called ignorant by anyone, just because they happen to be born abroad, or they think the rest of us do not have access to the internet and cannot do our own research.

For the purpose of next time, please.

Apologies for calling you ignorant.

By the way l worked in Florida USA for a period and have a first hand experience of the socio economic and racial dynamics of Florida in particular and the USA in general.

Add to that l have a lot of friends predominantly US military from my times in Germany and in the UK.

I could say a lot more my sister married a Black American and still lives in California USA. but it's not important.

So your assumptions are wrong.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:24pm On Oct 17, 2019
Koboko99:

Victor Ikpeba, Edo man, Prince of Monaco.
Victor Osimhen, Edo man, Pri.....that's how stars do

Victor na Sapele guy oh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 10:29pm On Oct 17, 2019
Eartquake1:
An improved FIFA card of 83

Niiice that means among the gwg he has the highest FIFA rating followed by Ndidi and Chukwue I think
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
komekn:

Context is RACIAL DISCRIMINATION

Where and when did you face racial discrimination❓

I stayed down south in Georgia and I had countless occasions I can draw from. For example being called the N word by passing rednecks after Obama's first presidential win. To blatantly not being served at a bar because I was with a group of African American dudes. I can go back to high school and to pull out even more occasions sef.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 11:44pm On Oct 17, 2019
According to some sources, Barca wants to sign one among these four players as the replacement of Luis Suarez

Lautaro Martinez [Inter Milan]

Donyell Malen [PSV]

Rafeal Leao [AC milan]

Victor Osimeh [Lille]

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
cool

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:28am On Oct 18, 2019
Nigeria Final Squad to the 2019 U17 World Cup

Goalkeepers: Sunday Stephen, Joseph Oluwabusola, Daniel Jinadu

Defenders: Usman Ibrahim, Clement Ikenna, Charles Etim, Quadri Edun, Oluwatimilehen Adeniyi

Midfielders: Samson Tijani (Captain), Francis Daniel, Akinkunmi Amoo, Peter Agba, Ibraheem Jabaar, Monsuru Opeyemi, Ojederan Hamzat, Sa’id Ibrahim

Strikers: Wisdom Ubani, Olakunle Olusegun, Devine Nwachukwu, Olawale Peter, Abba Bichi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 6:43am On Oct 18, 2019
Joebie:
Nigeria Final Squad to the 2019 U17 World Cup

Goalkeepers: Sunday Stephen, Joseph Oluwabusola, Daniel Jinadu

Defenders: Usman Ibrahim, Clement Ikenna, Charles Etim, Quadri Edun, Oluwatimilehen Adeniyi

Midfielders: Samson Tijani (Captain), Francis Daniel, Akinkunmi Amoo, Peter Agba, Ibraheem Jabaar, Monsuru Opeyemi, Ojederan Hamzat, Sa’id Ibrahim

Strikers: Wisdom Ubani, Olakunle Olusegun, Devine Nwachukwu, Olawale Peter, Abba Bichi
. Plumbers...same with the U20
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 6:45am On Oct 18, 2019
Samueltemi337:
According to some sources, Barca wants to sign one among these four players as the replacement of Luis Suarez

Donyell Malen [PSV]

Rafeal Leao [AC milan]

Victor Osimeh [Lille]
He. Should stay at lille for 2seasons at most
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 18, 2019
kushercain:

Niiice that means among the gwg he has the highest FIFA rating followed by Ndidi and Chukwue I think

Ndidi is higher with 84
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 18, 2019
Samueltemi337:

Donyell Malen [PSV]

Rafeal Leao [AC milan]

Victor Osimeh [Lille]

Donyell Malen seems the most technically gifted among them all , Rafael Leao has done nothing at Ac Milan

Rafael Leao seems like all those fancy strikers that at the end of the day will not get you a goal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 18, 2019
Ndidi (and Iheanacho) preparing for Burnley

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 18, 2019
Iheanacho has harkened to the cries of the people of Besiktas and will be moving over to soak and drill their highly disfunctional waterways

The talented driller has done a fantastic job at Leicester and is being sought after all over the world for his drilling services grin

Cc TheGoodJoe

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 7:13am On Oct 18, 2019
Eartquake1:
Ndidi (and Iheanacho) preparing for Burnley
we know the drill
One will start while one will be left at vicarage road to continue mastering drills while on the stands(not even on the bench)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 7:15am On Oct 18, 2019
Eartquake1:
Iheanacho has hearkened to the cries of the people of Besiktas and will be moving over to soak and drill their highly disfunctional waterways

The talented driller has done a fantastic job at Leicester and is being sought after all over the world for his drilling services grin

Cc TheGoodJoe
heard turkey is a hot zone now..they ve been running the show in Syria after trump withdrew his troops.
Maybe he can go help the Turkish backed Kurds to finish off some ISIS rebels and terrorists. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 18, 2019
seankafor:
heard turkey is a hot zone now..they ve been running the show in Syria after trump withdrew his troops.
Maybe he can go help the Turkish backed Kurds to finish off some ISIS rebels and terrorists. grin

He's a driller not a fighter angry

Unless Rodgers also taught him how to fight in training grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 7:20am On Oct 18, 2019
Eartquake1:

He's a driller not a fighter angry

Unless Rodgers also taught him how to fight in training grin
he is a part time fighter bro. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 18, 2019
seankafor:
he is a part time fighter bro. grin

Rodgers must have improved his skills in training grin

The savior of Besiktas is nigh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7391) (7392) (7393) (7394) (7395) (7396) (7397) ... (16112) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: realpoacher(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.