Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7641) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11580722 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7638) (7639) (7640) (7641) (7642) (7643) (7644) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 10:46pm On Nov 13, 2019
Icon79:
You dey mind am?
Homo bish shocked

O pari

Point of correction. I no be homo ooo. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2019
After the game the commentator said super eagle 2 Nigeria 1 grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by iSlayer: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2019
darkelf:

I believe that today's match would stimulate a probe by the EFCC into their activities

EFCC probe NTA

Lol.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:48pm On Nov 13, 2019

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2019
darkelf:

Our defence has conceded 4 in last 3 matches.

Rohr and his assistants needs to do something about it

There is nothing to do about it as its football

The best teams in the world do concede and average 1 goal per 2 games let alone super eagles

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 10:55pm On Nov 13, 2019
isan:
After the game the commentator said super eagle 2 Nigeria 1 grin
Inside life

Super eagles defeated nigeria cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2019
elyte89:
My ppu manage dis highlight cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui1J_-FaX2o
This person's phone camera is way better than the useless NTA camera. The fast attacking play of super eagles does not fit the eh, eh, eh the that the fans kept screaming. Before they could say one eh, the ball has already gone passed two people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2019
it seem the trio of chukwueze ,kalu and oshimeh really tormented the benin back four. see pace and dribbles. samu still hv to wrk on his final balls. good job boys
elyte89:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
darkelf:

I believe that today's match would stimulate a probe by the EFCC into their activities
which EFCC? EFCC is the headquarters of corruption nowadays

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2019
darkelf:

Our defence has conceded 4 in last 3 matches.

Rohr and his assistants needs to do something about it

We should always strive for improvements but you are a bit harsh on the coach. The other 2 teams were Ukraine and Brazil and we did good enough against both.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

We should always strive for improvements but you are a bit harsh on the coach. The other 2 teams were Ukraine and Brazil and we did good enough against both.

I didn't blame the coach. I just pointed it out as an area for improvement. That's all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:47am On Nov 14, 2019
elyte89:

Chukwueze wan kill men

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:27am On Nov 14, 2019
Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze is reportedly a target for Premier League side Bournemouth, with the Cherries' manager Eddie Howe sending his main scout to monitor the Nigerian international in action. Chukwueze has caught the eye in La Liga since making his debut in 2018.

Villarreal have been in excellent form so far this year, with Samuel Chukwueze scoring 2 goals in 8 games so far in the domestic league. The Nigerian winger, who stands at just 5 foot 8, came through the ranks at Villarreal's B side but prior to that played in his homeland for the Diamond Football Academy.

The player has been compared to Arjen Robben in recent months and has also been a member of UEFA.com's top 50 to watch this season, whilst the Nigerian FA named the player as the young player of the year in 2017/18 season.

It is understood that Bournemouth will have to pay up to £40 million to secure a move for Chukwueze and that the Nigerian could be signed as a possible replacement for Ryan Fraser, who has been linked with a shock move to Man Utd in recent months

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:38am On Nov 14, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze is reportedly a target for Premier League side Bournemouth, with the Cherries' manager Eddie Howe sending his main scout to monitor the Nigerian international in action. Chukwueze has caught the eye in La Liga since making his debut in 2018.

Villarreal have been in excellent form so far this year, with Samuel Chukwueze scoring 2 goals in 8 games so far in the domestic league. The Nigerian winger, who stands at just 5 foot 8, came through the ranks at Villarreal's B side but prior to that played in his homeland for the Diamond Football Academy.

The player has been compared to Arjen Robben in recent months and has also been a member of UEFA.com's top 50 to watch this season, whilst the Nigerian FA named the player as the young player of the year in 2017/18 season.

It is understood that Bournemouth will have to pay up to £40 million to secure a move for Chukwueze and that the Nigerian could be signed as a possible replacement for Ryan Fraser, who has been linked with a shock move to Man Utd in recent months

I don’t want him to join Bournemouth,but the worst part is that if they are serious they will get him

Bournemouth will easily pay 40 million and Villarreal will sell and by the time they offer chuks like 60k pounds weekly e go fly go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:27am On Nov 14, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Azubuike is a kid

We wrote jamb together at ajegunle

Lol.. Azubuike is an old man...

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:56am On Nov 14, 2019
simiife:
Hmm,whosoever did dis to Nigeria, my God wee judge you,I don't want to know the kind of power you are using,the God I serve wee judge you *wipes tears*

After trekking the entire duration of the first half,looking for viewing center to watch the match, I couldn't find any,it was then those idiots decided to give us electricity.I went home since I had read earlier that AIT will show the match.

I got home, switched on the TV,tuned in to AIT,then I started seeing something that looks like kogi state election campaign,i decided to watch like that,due to the love I have Nigeria.

I settled on the couch, grabbed the remote and increased the volume, the commentary sounded the exact way my principal usually sound whenever he's telling those jargons tells us every morning during assembly, I felt pain watching that match.

We have a long way to go in Nigeria *wipes tears again*

Commentator: Super eagles 2,Nigeria 1

grin Sebi i said it yesterday that AIT will just go and be showing Kogi election campaign.

My own experience: I arrived home at 5:10pm. I was still in the car when I gave instructions that the gen should be switched on. I quickly switched on the TV and decoder while I went to search for an old antenna. I finally found one in the store grin. I plugged the thing o and started looking for local AIT grin. Na so I dey stretch hand with the antenna o to get the best signal quality. I no see AIT o undecided. I say make I check DSTV maybe Dem don settle their issues with CAF grin I checked all the Supper Sports channels plus NTA, AIT, LTV, MITV grin. Nothing.

Na so I come say make i even check update on nairaland na so I see Nigeria 0: Benin 1. By this time it was 30mins gone already. I just saw one post from one guy that said "it is on NTA 24News or something. Na so I pick decoder remote begin look for am. And this NTA come go dey at the back, long after CNN and Aj-Jazeera grin

I finally got there o. By this time na like 33mins gone. Na so person begin follow that yeye coverage sad

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 6:18am On Nov 14, 2019
Icon4s:

grin Sebi i said it yesterday that AIT will just go and be showing Kogi election campaign.

My own experience: I arrived home at 5:10pm. I was still in the car when I gave instructions that the gen should be switched on. I quickly switched on the TV and decoder while I went to search for an old antenna. I finally found one in the store grin. I plugged the thing o and started looking for local AIT grin. Na so I dey stretch hand with the antenna o to get the best signal quality. I no see AIT o undecided. I say make I check DSTV maybe Dem don settle their issues with CAF grin I checked all the Supper Sports channels plus NTA, AIT, LTV, MITV grin. Nothing.

Na so I come say make i even check update on nairaland na so I see Nigeria 0: Benin 1. By this time it was 30mins gone already. I just saw one post from one guy that said "it is on NTA 24News or something. Na so I pick decoder remote begin look for am. And this NTA come go dey at the back, long after CNN and Aj-Jazeera grin

I finally got there o. By this time na like 33mins gone. Na so person begin follow that yeye coverage sad

The painful part is that after all the criticism they got yesterday, noting will still change

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:18am On Nov 14, 2019
Odunayaw:
NPFL NextTV: It's A Production Deal, Not A TV Deal

For the Nigeria Professional Football League, NPFL, aside crowd violence, sponsorship issues, officiating and league resumption postponement. One major bane of the NPFL is having matches live on TV.

The organisers of the NPFL, the League Management Company, LMC has over the years struggled to maintain the TV right deals from a foreign TV outlet to a local TV medium, thereby finding it difficult to have the first division football league in Africa's most populous country on live on TV to the fans.

However, after the first match day of the NPFL 2019/20 season, news broke that the LMC have signed a 5-yr contract deal with NextTV that would see the league on TV amidst other multiple sponsors to boost the commercial values of the league.

Thus on Tuesday, the LMC via its chairman, Shehu Dikko in a media parley at the company's office in Abuja while explaining the deal stated that, "The first phase of distribution is to commence through OTT Platform in partnership with 9mobile.

"Commercialization of NPFL Rights to generate enough revenues into the system with NPFL earnings hugely optimized".

Meanwhile, the Next TV Chairman, Prince Malik Ado-Ibrahim said, "We are going to go beyond OTT andq with time ensure we have quality contents that can project the NPFL".

"We are not restricting it. We want to drive the projection of NPFL through OTT and digital technology and share the content with others who will be willing to use it whether it's terrestrial, cable within and outside Nigeria.

Once you carefully read the above, the key word right there is OTT which effectively does not directly mean an actual TV deal which many Nigerians expected.

What then is OTT and how does this benefit Nigerians who wishes to watch their various NPFL sides on TV.

Over the top (OTT) media service is a streaming media service offered directly to viewers over the Internet. OTT bypasses cable, broadcast and satellite television platforms that traditionally act as a controller or distributor of such content.

The term is most synonymous with subscription-based video on demand services that offer access to film and television content (including existing series acquired from other producers, as well as original content produced specifically for the service).

OTT television, usually called online television or internet television or streaming television, remains the most popular OTT content. This signal is received over the internet or through a cell phone network, as opposed to receiving the television signal from a terrestrial broadcast or satellite. Access is controlled by the video distributor, through either an app or a separate OTT dongle or box, connected to a phone, PC or television set.

Consumers can access OTT content through Internet-connected devices such as phones including Android, iOS, and Windows-type mobile devices.

As of 2019, Android and iOS users make up more than 45% of the total OTT content streaming audience, while 39% of users use the web to access OTT content.

Explanation gotten?. If No, here is it in simple terms, "You can only watch the NPFL via live streams on the internet" at least for this season, if not beyond.

It remains to be seen how the LMC hopes to achieve this putting into consideration the nature of an average NPFL follower who might find it difficult to stream live games while having in mind his/her data subscription and even the quality of service provided by the Nigeria network system.

On the long term, it's a big deal for the LMC and NPFL at large, if properly harnessed as this makes the league available to anyone, anywhere in the world which would further project the gospel of the Nigeria Professional Football League.

The LMC is working, we hope this deal works too.

This is absolute madness.

Who will supposedly waste his or her Data streaming NPFL matches

1. when Data is very expensive this days?

2. When there are other high quality and competitive Leagues like the EPL, La LIGA, SERIA A ETC on the same platform week in week out?

3. When The True NPFL Fans are not really based in the domicile States of the NPFL clubs like myself for stadium access?

4. Even when domicile, How about when ones aboard is very far away from the NPFL stadiums such that one cannot travel every weekend to go watch a darling Team?

5. While those that are closer do not even go to watch because of gate fee and fare (To and fro) as watching EPL and others on TV is cheaper?

6. Probably the only consolation they are looking at is the viewing at one's leisure time rather than a LIVE viewing since the content would always be online all the time

7. Finally finally, I'm not too pleased that my darling 3SC aka SHOOTING STARS is not part of the deal. So when shall ye come out of relegation?

cc
BascoVanVeli
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:28am On Nov 14, 2019
Icon4s:

Eya and so sorry about your experience Sha..

But they later hooked up with the NTA telecast and funny enough, the AIT that hooked NTA was showing a faster motion ahead of the same match being shown by the NTA PORTHACOURT on NIGCOMSAT ooo with even a clearer voice note.

It was very very funny to be honest with you in truth

Sorry too to Simiife
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:30am On Nov 14, 2019
The biggest thing the LMC will do for our football is to mandate teams to have proper structures. Ensure that they have audited books at the end of each season, proper contracts with players, feeder teams with basic structures etc.. Even if only 10 team meet the criteria, we start the league with 10 teams.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:39am On Nov 14, 2019
mostob:
Can't just stop laughing.... is this how we want to host U20 WW ? make dem no try am o. FIFA will just ban naija for life ni.

We hosted Nigeria 99 U20 World Cup brilliantly. The coverage was top knotch people even asked if it was NTA. The Federal Government then, I think under General Abdulsalami Abubakar bought high tech equipments and vehicles for the coverage.

What we saw yesterday was frightening. It seems NTA staff sold all the gadgets from that time because those equipments then would have provided good coverage of the game yesterday.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 6:39am On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

But they later hooked up with the NTA telecast and funny enough, the AIT that hooked NTA was showing a faster motion ahead of the same match being shown by the NTA PORTHACOURT on NIGCOMSAT ooo with even a clearer voice note.

Sorry too to Simiife

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:48am On Nov 14, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

You are right. I am glad I went sha. I am going back tomorrow for akwa united and I had wanted to spare the extra trip but it was a great experience.
Good to hear that about the NPFL from you Brother. It's what we desired for our clubs in the NPFL settings too.

Please keep the Akwa United followership fire burning Brother.

Let me copy you the sad reality of the LMC decision with Next TV that Odunayaw just posted that I had to respond to accordingly.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by simiife: 6:50am On Nov 14, 2019
Chidozie Jefftha(brila fm) and Sean Amadi(max fm,formally with brila)will make a good commentary combo,if you have listened to either of them speak before you will understand what I'm saying.Football is very boring without good commentary
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:54am On Nov 14, 2019
tbaba1234:
The biggest thing the LMC will do for our football is to mandate teams to have proper structures. Ensure that they have audited books at the end of each season, proper contracts with players, feeder teams with basic structures etc.. Even if only 10 team meet the criteria, we start the league with 10 teams.

Very very spot on tBaba. The official claim by both NPFL and LMC management are only theoretical while the practical things to do are what you've just posited
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 7:39am On Nov 14, 2019
Nigerian winger Samuel Chukwueze has hinted he could leave La Liga side Villarreal CF for a dream move to the English Premier League and for game time.
Chukwueze broke unto the scene with the Yellow Submarines last season and has since been a transfer target for top sides including Liverpool.
The Winger’s €30 million valuation is putting off suitors and he has declared his interest is to join a team “where he’s wanted”.
This season despite his rising profile, the 20 year-old has come off the bench six times in his 12 league appearances and game time is a key demand on his bucket list.
Per FastTrackNaija, the player said, “My ambition is to play in the Premie League, but I want to go to a club where I’m really wanted, where I will be a starting player. Both the coach and club owner have to want me.”[sic]

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 7:46am On Nov 14, 2019
Nta fvcked up big time yesterday shaa.

It was as if the match came under emergency and no prior notice.

But in anyway, only positives I'll draw.

We got the required 3 points..

Onto the next one brethren cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:05am On Nov 14, 2019
simiife:

The painful part is that after all the criticism they got yesterday, noting will still change

What a show of shame. It is so so sad and disgraceful.

We had looked away from the NTA for so long only for us to realize yesterday that the station had deteriorated to this state.

Even look at the studios and the analysts there. Even the least person on this thread understands football more than both of them put together. angry

The commentors were such a joke. Don't they watch commentaries on foreign stations? And don't think it is only NTA o same goes for AIT. A bunch of people who parade themselves as sports journalists yet know nothing about sports. There is something fundamentally wrong with this country. Mediocrity every where!

If it is under a sane clime the minister of communication could have dished our quarries by this morning

Well, let me not be forced to call Nigeria a useless country angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:12am On Nov 14, 2019
Kbs468:

Sorry too to Simiife

Thanks bro.

These are some of the kind of issues we face because of patriotism. grin The kind of things we go through to watch naija match grin

Out there majority of Nigerians never knew any such thing happened. Some didn't even border since after they didn't see it on Super Sports.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrKlever(m): 8:17am On Nov 14, 2019
This one touched my kidneys ooh grin

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 8:54am On Nov 14, 2019
Icon4s:

Sorry boss.
Can't forget the 2015 U20 world cup match between Nigeria and Brazil in New Zealand. DSTV wasn't showing it so I had to wake up by 5:10 am to look for where to watch the match.

Finally got a call that startimes was showing it, luckily my townsman who lives two streets away had startimes decoder.
Na so we march early momo go watch the match only for startimes to abandon the match at half time for a stupid documentary. I wan faint that morning grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 8:58am On Nov 14, 2019
simiife:
Chidozie Jefftha(brila fm) and Sean Amadi(max fm,formally with brila)will make a good commentary combo,if you have listened to either of them speak before you will understand what I'm saying.Football is very boring without good commentary

I've listened to these guys and they are very cool. I really like Sean Amadi, Murphy's strike partner. They both left Brila fm together for Max fm

(1) (2) (3) ... (7638) (7639) (7640) (7641) (7642) (7643) (7644) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DOptical, uchenna55, TradingGod, Charly17(m), ThanosKilla(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.