Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11568256 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7721) (7722) (7723) (7724) (7725) (7726) (7727) ... (16112) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 5:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
in one single year, we failed to qualify for
olympics football both male and female failed to qualify for CHAN failed with u20 male
failed to defend our U17 dignity

na real waaaa!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:12pm On Nov 19, 2019
somehow:
in one single year, we failed to qualify for

olympics football both male and female
failed to qualify for CHAN
failed with u20 male

failed to defend our U17 dignity

na real waaaa!

Don't worry, the emeritus faculty for faculty of Carpentry will soon complete their recruitment and we shall update shortly. angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
jihday:
LMAO, world cup ko world plate ni. If you like employ Guardiola and klopp together. This talent you people are always shouting I'm not sure you people have seen other countries teams, from Brazil to Portugal to England, the Dutch, Spanish, Belgium even Algeria. Anyway, no harm in dreaming

Those countries you mentioned have established systems for scouting and developing talents. We only lack such systems. However, we equally have talents in abundance
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
witorwitoutyou:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyUo6rQ2rU

DIS GUY BEST SONG..ODAS RE TRASH

Please remove this nonsense from here. This is a Super Eagles/ Soccer thread. Don't derail please. You have been warned

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

Please remove this nonsense from here. This is a Super Eagles/ Soccer thread. Don't derail please. You have been warned

Why.. so.. serious

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
jieta:
When i saw the mention darkelf gave you i know today is a good day for you to not only take a swipe at our NFF but to remind us of how corrupt we are, i know that in fact most of us here know that. You have also share your personal experience about corruption while you were here in Nigeria.

I'm not disputing anything you put up here but my only concern is that you have never for once share corruption cases happening in the football association of the English teams is it that there are not corrupt? or they don't engage in sharp practice. If you don't mind I will appreciate it if you share one or two cases

Corruption in English football is in my opinion from experience indepth and widespread.

I will give examples in the public domain and any that has been made public. I could be suggestive without being specific.

Liverpool academy director Frank McParland and head of academy coaching Rodolfo Borrell. Were sacked in one day and told to leave by Brendan Rodgers with IMMEDIATE EFFECT about 5 years ago. For corruption and kick backs and over valuation of players.

Frank McParland got a job within days at Brentford as Sporting director, then he left to Burnley and then Glasgow Rangers and then QPR.

Rodolfo Borrell went straight to Manchester city.

In any other career if you have been caught and sacked for corruption you will definitely not get another job in that sector. At least for some years. But within days both confirmed thieves get jobs in football.

That tells you the nature of environment in which football is administered in the UK.

The only football Manager l personally know that has zero tolerance for corruption is Chris Houghton a true man of integrity . l understand that Wenger is like that but l don't know him personally although I've met him.

There are some things you should know that raises serious questions and not just conflict of interest. Sam Allardyce son is an agent so also is Alex Ferguson son, Moyes and Pep have thier brothers as football agent. Then you start to notice that a lot of Managers sign players from the same agency that represents them.

Essentially in my experience the deal is often more important than the players quality. Till tomorrow l have been baffled how Bournemouth paid essentially £20 million for Solanke a player who has shown potential but nothing more. Why I can't really say.

The corruption starts from youtj football particularly at the club's with big money. They then decide who gets the opportunity. If you are better and there is no money to be made on your transfer and not necessarily by the club then the gate keepers will be deny you opportunity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
Everton winger Alex Iwobi has spoken of his happiness after opening his account for the Super Eagles in the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

The former Arsenal man spent 541 minutes on the pitch spread across nine games before netting his first ever goal in an Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.

Prior to the contest against the Crocodiles on Sunday, Iwobi had fired blanks in AFCONQ matches against Egypt (2), South Africa (2), Libya (2), Seychelles and Benin.

Two days after the clash at the Setsoto Stadium, Iwobi posted on Twitter : ''Good Start To The AFCON Qualifiers , Pleased To Grab A Goal Too As A Bonus''.

Lesotho took the lead against the run of play when Masoabi Nkoto took advantage of some lax Nigeria defending to put the hosts ahead after eleven minutes following a cross from the left channel.

But the lead would only last till the 26th minute when Victor Osimhen led the Super Eagles press, charging down the right after to set up Alex Iwobi who slotted home from close range.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2019
Arsenal have been urged to make a move for talented Nigeria international Wilfred Ndidi following his impressive showings for Leicester City in the Premier League this season.

Leicester City sit second on the league standings much thanks to a number of sterling displays in the middle of the park by the Super Eagle while the Gunners, on their part have underwhelmed and have conceded 17 goals from the 12 games they have played so far.

Football.London's Art De Roche has earmarked the 22-year-old as the perfect man to help Unai Emery's side stem the goals and salvage their flagging campaign.

Ndidi is already a tested and trusted commodity for the Foxes and leads the way for both interceptions (36) and the most tackles (59), while he also won the midfield battle when the two sides faced off before the international break.

With Lucas Torreira linked with a move to Italian Serie A side Napoli, his departure could free up another spot in midfield and make the acquisition of the Nigerian even more tenable.

Ndidi has played non-stop at the King Power stadium since joining from Racing Genk in 2017, with eleven league games under his belt and two goals to show for this season.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:31pm On Nov 19, 2019
Stop doing this na cry
witorwitoutyou:
PLEASE WHERE EXACTLY ARE THESE GUYS...MISS DIER QUALITY MUSIC,AND NOT ALL DESE FOOLISH AVERAGE MARLIANS SONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xNbe1Qg1_I

OLD JAMS, ENJOY
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:32pm On Nov 19, 2019
Uber is hiring
witorwitoutyou:
PLEASE WHERE EXACTLY ARE THESE GUYS...MISS DIER QUALITY MUSIC,AND NOT ALL DESE FOOLISH AVERAGE MARLIANS SONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xNbe1Qg1_I

OLD JAMS, ENJOY
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 5:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
Someone should whisk this guy out of this thread . undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Arsenal have been urged to make a move for talented Nigeria international Wilfred Ndidi following his impressive showings for Leicester City in the Premier League this season.

Leicester City sit second on the league standings much thanks to a number of sterling displays in the middle of the park by the Super Eagle while the Gunners, on their part have underwhelmed and have conceded 17 goals from the 12 games they have played so far.

Football.London's Art De Roche has earmarked the 22-year-old as the perfect man to help Unai Emery's side stem the goals and salvage their flagging campaign.

Ndidi is already a tested and trusted commodity for the Foxes and leads the way for both interceptions (36) and the most tackles (59), while he also won the midfield battle when the two sides faced off before the international break.

With Lucas Torreira linked with a move to Italian Serie A side Napoli, his departure could free up another spot in midfield and make the acquisition of the Nigerian even more tenable.

Ndidi has played non-stop at the King Power stadium since joining from Racing Genk in 2017, with eleven league games under his belt and two goals to show for this season.

Which kind evil suggestion from the pit of hell is this? If Wilf cannot get a spot at Pool it's better he stays put under Rogers who is a better coach than Una
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
and if arsenal will pay him more he should snub them? onye apari!
oloriooko:

Which kind evil suggestion from the pit of hell is this? If Wilf cannot get a spot at Pool it's better he stays put under Rogers who is a better coach than Una
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2019
Koboko99:
Where did oga Kbs468 go to?
Noticed he has not been present.
Didn't see any comments on yesterday's match from him.
Thanks Brother. I was unavoidably absent though as you must have read already.

The SUPER EAGLES actually did put up an Unbelievably credible, fantastically tantalizing, overwhelmingly dominant, humonguosly superb superlative display in MASERU-LESOTHO on sunday irrespective of the fact that they are originally never our class-fit

Because We dont normaly see through our various AFRICAN QUALIFIERS easily before now or before the coming of G. ROHR and interestingly, The end result wore another CAP on ROHR indeed as I cant particularly remember the last time any NIGERIAN TEAM scored 4 goals away from Nigeria in truth.

Analytically, I only saw the reason why

1. MOSES SIMON would only continue to come off the bench as against making a starting Eleven though

2. ALEX IWOBI would alway be available & continue to make the starting eleven because of his consistent (Though sometimes could be epileptic & annoying ) display for Nigeria as against his club output

3. SAMUEL KALU could flourish in a Number 10 position just like he had confessed it to be one of his prefered positions or continue to bench SIMON in the left wing position

4.JOE ARIBO has come to stay in the middle of the pack. Although he had a relatively quiet evening on the day but that not withstanding for that is only just his 4th match for the SE.

AWAZIEM is not be blame for LESOTHO's second Goal. Though he could have done better by being aware of his environment and allow the ball pass him for a posible good job done by the goalkeeper behind him.

OLA AINA should continue to feature on the left full back ahead of JAMILU COLLINS &
IDOWU
but We all know that that wouldnt be the case as ROHR sometimes prefer a natural left footed being on that department of a left full back.

VICTOR OSIMHEN could possibly break the RASHIDI's aged-long Nigeria's National Talisman Record just like he predicted and sets as a personal target for himself

No doubt, NDIDI, EKONG, AJAYI & CHUKWUEZE deserves their places in the stsrting Eleven and there is still room for improvement.

Thanks once again for reminding me about this viewpoint diligently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2019
Madagascar just tearing Niger apart in their own backyard 6-2

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Thanks Brother. I was unavoidably absent though as you must have read already.

The SUPER EAGLES actually did put up an Unbelievably credible, fantastically tantalizing, overwhelmingly dominant, humonguosly superb superlative display in MASERU-LESOTHO on sunday irrespective of the fact that they are originally never our class-fit

Because We dont normaly see through our various AFRICAN QUALIFIERS easily before now or before the coming of G. ROHR and interestingly, The end result wore another CAP on ROHR indeed as I cant particularly remember the last time any NIGERIAN TEAM scored 4 goals away from Nigeria in truth.

Analytically, I only saw the reason why

1. MOSES SIMON would only continue to come off the bench as against making a starting Eleven though

2. ALEX IWOBI would alway be available & continue to make the starting eleven because of his consistent (Though sometimes could be epileptic & annoying ) display for Nigeria as against his club output

3. SAMUEL KALU could flourish in a Number 10 position just like he had confessed it to be one of his prefered positions or continue to bench SIMON in the left wing position

4.JOE ARIBO has come to stay in the middle of the pack. Although he had a relatively quiet evening on the day but that not withstanding for that is only just his 4th match for the SE.

AWAZIEM is not be blame for LESOTHO's second Goal. Though he could have done better by being aware of his environment and allow the ball pass him for a posible good job done by the goalkeeper behind him.

OLA AINA should continue to feature on the left full back ahead of JAMILU COLLINS &
IDOWU
but We all know that that wouldnt be the case as ROHR sometimes prefer a natural left footed being on that department of a left full back.

VICTOR OSIMHEN could possibly break the RASHIDI's aged-long Nigeria's National Talisman Record just like he predicted and sets as a personal target for himself

No doubt, NDIDI, EKONG, AJAYI & CHUKWUEZE deserves their places in the stsrting Eleven and there is still room for improvement.

Thanks once again for reminding me about this viewpoint diligently.

Omeruo really needs to step up ooo.

You have been playing top flight football for years and yet you allow yourself to be benches by someone playing in the English championship. Seems the championship really is of higher quality than the Turkish league or Omeruo has become Lackadaisical

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:47pm On Nov 19, 2019
isan:

We really need to watch out for this team. If we are grouped with them in WC qualifiers, it will be a fight to the finish

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
gustav25:

You are karid and may you stumble on a biankaful okpeke. May all walk and shine. Any calculated attempt on the godamus, the gods are oxygen. I have deposited.

Hahahaha problem solved. To those who were in doubt before, oya oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
and if arsenal will pay him more he should snub them? onye apari!

He may have a point. Apart from the salary thingy, I would prefer Ndidi at Leicester than Arsenal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
Former Nigeria U17 international Sani Emmanuel has explained that he had to retire from the game at a young age because of a chronic foot injury.

The My People FC product was awarded the Golden Ball as the Most Valuable Player of the 2009 FIFA U17 World Cup hosted by Nigeria, scoring five goals to help the Golden Eaglets reach the final of the competition, where they lost to a Switzerland team parading AC Milan's Rodríguez, Arsenal's Xhaka and Benfica's Seferovic.

After the World Cup, Emmanuel had successful trials at Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur but saw a dream move to the Premier League fall through because of work permit issues.

Asked why he gave up football when Chelsea and Lazio wanted to sign him, Emmanuel told Leero Sports News : ''I had problems on my foot, even during the tournament in 2009.

''If you remember, I often came on in the second half because the pain was unbearable.

''After the World Cup, I could not play at all because I had played too much with pain. Then I had to stop my career, even today, I always feel hurt on the front of the foot.''

Emmanuel went on to say that he reached out to several Nigeria internationals for assistance but didn't get a positive response.

''I tried to contact a lot of Nigerian international players, but I never got an answer and it was very difficult to get money.

''I returned to anonymity, without work, without anything. I wanted to set up an academy, but I never managed to get help and I'm still looking for it.''

Emmanuel was taken to Chelsea by Nigerian agent John Shittu, who brokered the deal that took former Super Eagles captain John Obi Mikel to Stamford Bridge in 2006.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
darkelf:

No

no!! You are wrong

Firmino was signed on June 2015 while Kloop was appointed on 8th of October 2015

Yeah!!! I'm right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
ILLICITblood:

no!! You are wrong

Firmino was signed on June 2015 while Kloop was appointed on 8th of October 2015

Yeah!!! I'm right

Oga, no be fight.... You're right
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chukwunedum150(m): 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2019
ivory coast may not qualify
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:

It will be a welcome move and arsenal is definitely a bigger club than leceister and if they are ready to spend money they have a great chance of competing for the title
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lexyman(m): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2019
isan:

Madagascar are battle ready , they want to come back to the nations cup

(1) (2) (3) ... (7721) (7722) (7723) (7724) (7725) (7726) (7727) ... (16112) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes, lelion, mostob(m), kingphilip(m), Neobulletzz(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.