Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,729 members, 7,806,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7745) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11563723 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7742) (7743) (7744) (7745) (7746) (7747) (7748) ... (16110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:04am On Nov 22, 2019
andrewbaba44:

So because these great players you mentioned no leave england mean say make kane no leave england abi?

As usual he might go and flop so its better he stays there,
man u should be able to buy him away from tottenham and give him a raheem sterling salary, that should be better for him, he is still the number one man in the english team and maybe any english club he will join apart from city and liverpool

Here is a guy who has had about 4 consecutive season as top scorer in the EPL and you say he will flop.

Now when we talk about Osimhen we say he will go to Barcelona or Bayern and tear it up. Well not neccesarily you but many here. He is the best young striker in Europe, the new Drogba, etc, etc. But look at what you have said of Kane.

If someone where to say Osimhen may flop at Barcelona the daggers will come out for that person and he will be labelled HATER.

Do you see how irrational some of your comments are.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:18am On Nov 22, 2019
komekn:

Here is a guy who has had about 4 consecutive season as top scorer in the EPL and you say he will flop.

Now when we talk about Osimhen we say he will go to Barcelona or Bayern and tear it up. Well not neccesarily you but many hear. He is the best young striker in Europe, the new Drogba, etc, etc. But look at what you have said of Kane.

If someone where to say Osimhen may flop at Barcelona the daggers will come out for that person and he will be labelled HATER.

wizard of lies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 8:35am On Nov 22, 2019
edi287:

Wooow calm down oo... Put some respect on my boy Benni and Pienaar. They should be no where near any carpenter list.
I like Serero and Tau(despite how Mr Iron Galaxy overhyped him)
And people become amazed when I say there's a general obsession with South Africans on this forum

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 8:37am On Nov 22, 2019
Kbs468:
“In Katsina where we (the club) (NASARAWA UNITED) played an away match recently, they threatened to kill our players and the referees if the home side did not win the match there.

“Because of that, two penalty kicks were awarded to the Katsina United team and they won. Why will anyone then expect us to watch and not do anything? It is not possible

@ DrLikita12, Odunayaw and others with interest in the NPFL, The about statement is exactly the view and standpoint of every supporter, Coache and management of all the Clubs participating in the LMC organized NPFL.

I mean, it's the case of you do me- I do you, Man no go vex according to P-Square Hit back in those days.

How do One expect The Nigerian football to move forward and attain the desired lofty height targeted?

It's a pity that we are still Where we are at present in this age that world Football had seriously metamorphosed beyond what our League system is experiencing.

Worst of it all is that this is still happening inspite of the recent Next TV Broadcast agreement reached already?

Is it this kinds of messages that we shall be relaying to the rest of world? In the name of quality Football and spirit of sportsmanship?

It's simply a pity, pathetic and agonizing picture from NIGERIA at this age. I weep and remain saddened at this time already absolutely. cry cry cry cry cry cry embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Very unfortunate. Nasarawa United should report it maybe it will be investigated.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 8:41am On Nov 22, 2019
Rockyrascal:
Gonna tell my kids I watched this match.
Bros.

1. Which Match did you watch?

2. Where you watch am?

3. Live or on TV?

4. On YouTube or which sports Link?

5. Where precisely did the Match take place?

6. When? Which year that is?

7. What category of the FIFA organized tournament was it?

8. I mean, was it U17? U20? U23?

9. Or Does it involved the GREEN EAGLES or the SUPER EAGLES

10. What particular Player or Players actually featured in that Match?

11. Was it even a friendly Match?

12. Why was it not being documented and referenced like other great Matches?

Even the ban rumor on INDIA over the said Match was never True. The only time INDIA was actually banned was in 1950 World cup over their refusal to play football with boots while seeking to play barefooted

Look, I actually believed this same story too back then while growing up and up till the early 90's, No one and I repeat, No one till date ever has provided anything answer or answers to the above questions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:46am On Nov 22, 2019
Guys, please understand that pienaar and McCarthy are there because I wanted to rile up a certain someone grin grin.

I shall make the necessary adjustments anyways
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 8:46am On Nov 22, 2019
DrLikita12:

Very unfortunate. Nasarawa United should report it maybe it will be investigated.
That was the right to do instead of resorting to violence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 8:47am On Nov 22, 2019
andrewbaba44:

So because these great players you mentioned no leave england mean say make kane no leave england abi?

As usual he might go and flop so its better he stays there, man u should be able to buy him away from tottenham and give him a raheem sterling salary, that should be better for him, he is still the number one man in the english team and maybe any english club he will join apart from city and liverpool

Bros,let's be honest. Kane will not flop.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 8:53am On Nov 22, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Remove pienaar and McCarthy
Even Mark fish too. They certainly were the very Stars that made South Africa thick

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 8:53am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

he did not say that he will flop its a possibility
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:54am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

He should not be scared to move if so

Hope you remember Michael Owen was not the same Liverpool Owen at Madrid ?

Yes he won’t flop but never say never

Hazard is yet to find laliga easy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:56am On Nov 22, 2019
komekn:

Now when we talk about Osimhen we say he will go to Barcelona or Bayern and tear it up. Well not neccesarily you but many hear. He is the best young striker in Europe, the new Drogba, etc, etc. But look at what you have said of Kane.

Lol who said osimhen will tear it up at Barca or Bayern ? Not me ,you haven’t been following my comments

Yes Kane will not flop,but hope you know Michael Owen was not the same at Madrid as he was at Liverpool ?

Anyway I said he might go and flop but your ear don stand as Na British player ,I am sure if it’s another player you won’t come here to defend him

Am sure you never expected hazard to have a slow Madrid start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:01am On Nov 22, 2019
Danielnino00:

Matip has more or less retired from international football... He hasn't played for Cameroon in over 2 years....
Remember I didn't produce the list and besides,

Your observation would certainly come into focus by the time the Final CAF XI and the reserves comes out at the end of the day come January 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:01am On Nov 22, 2019
maidaboi:

Lol thank you jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:08am On Nov 22, 2019
IronGalaxy:
And people become amazed when I say there's a general obsession with South Africans on this forum
Obsession??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:19am On Nov 22, 2019
komekn:

It's also Vice versa.

Your unrestricted prejudice and bias betrays you.

It works both ways the SE is not a dumping ground for players in the name of unsubstantiated unproven home grown "SPECIAL TALENT"

It's not about where you were born it's about being Nigerian and the best players are selected.

Unfortunately the subject matter is very subjective and opinionated ny many here so it's almost impossible to have clarity based strictly on merit.
Honestly, I don't know what your problem is seriously.

You always irritate me with your choice of words inspite of your background, status and experience.

Now, what is the problem with my saying that NIGERIA'S National Team shouldn't be dumping ground for foreign breed Players that doesn't cut it?

That you have to call bias without referring same to the home based?

So has the SUPER EAGLES ever been a dumping ground for people like KANU, AMUNEKE, YEKINI, IKPEBA, OKOCHA, SIASIA, AMOKACHI,
CELESTINE BABAYARO, RUFAI, IKE SHORUNMU, ENYEAMA, OBAFEMI MARTINS, AIYEGBENI, TAIYE TAIWO, MBA, KESHI, OKECHUKWU, AGHAHOWA, YOBO, MIKEL, FINIDI, NDIDI, IGHALO, etc?

Look, in case you don't know, the present height attained by NIGERIA in world Football has been to the credit of the Home groomed Nigerian Players. If you dispute this, you would only do so at your own peril.

Because Nigerian Teams at any level has never been dumping ground for the home grown Nigerian footballers however, I can't agree with you less that some of them have been average and there is no dispute about that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 9:23am On Nov 22, 2019
edi287:

Obsession??
of all the things you can do, you compile a list of players from far away South Africa and call them carpenters. Who does that?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:32am On Nov 22, 2019
andrewbaba44:

He should not be scared to move if so

Hope you remember Michael Owen was not the same Liverpool Owen at Madrid ?

Yes he won’t flop but never say never

Hazard is yet to find laliga easy

Hmmmm....you have a point but I think Owen was plagued with Injuries. As for Hazard, it seems like a village people case similar to Coutinho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:33am On Nov 22, 2019
IronGalaxy:
of all the things you can do, you compile a list of players from far away South Africa and call them carpenters. Who does that?

I have achieved my aim. You seem riled up grin grin

But please note that this list was also compiled for CIV and Ghana.

If you're displeased, please kindly cry to the mods. The Lord's work must be done grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:35am On Nov 22, 2019
IronGalaxy:
LOL I didn't that and it wasn't done with only SA players. It's all banter..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:38am On Nov 22, 2019
maidaboi:

In that vein, it is also a possibility that Osimhen will flop if he comes to Tottenham. That's komekn's point. In fact, that reminds me.....Osimhen hasn't scored in his last 4 consecutive ligue 1 matches. I hope the flopping hasn't started already.

Abeg, na joke I dey ooo cheesy grin

But seriously, Osimhen needs a long rest and its affecting his game a little. That's the reason we need a deputy for him in the SE. Unfortunately, even Onuachu is a Professor of Carpentry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:39am On Nov 22, 2019
edi287:

LOL I didn't that and it wasn't done with only SA players. It's all banter..

Abeg, ignore this cry baby.

A list I also compiled for Nigeria. How is that obsession?

Baba fe to ejo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 9:40am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

I have achieved my aim. You seem riled up grin grin

But please note that this list was also compiled for CIV and Ghana.

If you're displeased, please kindly cry to the mods. The Lord's work must be done grin grin
I'm not riled up. I just find the obsession annoying

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IronGalaxy: 9:42am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:

Abeg, ignore this cry baby.

A list I also compiled for Nigeria. How is that obsession?

Baba fe to ejo.
Africa has 54 states couldn't have chosen any country but it has to be South Africa right? It has always been with you Nigerians. By all means continue, if it's fighting you're looking for, I'm not interested

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:48am On Nov 22, 2019
maidaboi:
wizard of lies

You are derailing the thread bringing disrepute and lowering the quality of discussion.

To what purpose, l am at loss.

You give the wrong impression and new visitors will be far from impressed.

Cam you show some maturity please.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:50am On Nov 22, 2019
IronGalaxy:
Africa has 54 states couldn't have chosen any country but it has to be South Africa right? It has always been with you Nigerians. By all means continue, if it's fighting you're looking for, I'm not interested

Run to the Mods then. I beg you. I'm literally begging you to do so

grin grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:50am On Nov 22, 2019
darkelf:
Guys, please understand that pienaar and McCarthy are there because I wanted to rile up a certain someone grin grin.

I shall make the necessary adjustments anyways

Why, may l ask ❓ To what purpose substantive discussion or distracting arguments for argument sake, that's not very progressive.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:51am On Nov 22, 2019
IronGalaxy:

CRY baby
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 9:51am On Nov 22, 2019
IronGalaxy:
It seems you have missed out on a greater number of pages already before coming in contact with the page on the SOUTH AFRICAN list certainly.

Else darkelf and chriskel to some extent (NIGERIA) had done a similar thing with NIGERIA, GHANA and COTED'IVOIRE. He even promised to do same with England.

Everything is for fun though but very true in terms of the quality of football on display by the affected Players

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 9:52am On Nov 22, 2019
komekn:

Why, may l ask ❓ To what purpose substantive discussion or distracting arguments for argument sake, that's not very progressive.

Oga, Iron Galaxy was my target and I have achieved it. Now please shift. I don't have time for your oyibo bickering
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 10:01am On Nov 22, 2019
IronGalaxy:

MC Galaxy abi paper galaxy... Relax man, they are not players, they are carpenters wearing jerseys and parading themselves as players.

We are only trying to help you identy them....you're welcome.

We have a list for the Nigerian, CIV and Ghana branch of carpenters but you didn't see that I guess. You've become the ultimate defender and watchman for South Africa on nairaland and believe me you suck at it.

We have your watchman cousin from UK here on this thread. You urgently need to contact him on tips to be an effective watchman and defender of the southies. Udo!!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:02am On Nov 22, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Lol who said osimhen will tear it up at Barca or Bayern ? Not me ,you haven’t been following my comments

Yes Kane will not flop,but hope you know Michael Owen was not the same at Madrid as he was at Liverpool ?

Anyway I said he might go and flop but your ear don stand as Na British player ,I am sure if it’s another player you won’t come here to defend him

Am sure you never expected hazard to have a slow Madrid start

You are confused and you have confused yourself. Must you comment on everything when you have nothing of substance to say.

Let me quote you verbatim

As usual he might go and flop so its better he stays there

Now below my comments to you verbatim ;

Well not neccesarily you but many here.

You completely contradict yourself and then you digress with talk of Hazard. Then to make it worse you bring in opinionated garbage about supposed support for English players.

Unfortunately this is very common here. But what's disappointing is some who claim to be educated acting like village headmasters. No attention to diction or detail.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7742) (7743) (7744) (7745) (7746) (7747) (7748) ... (16110) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ouzo1(m), Philosopher1979, elyte89, TheSuperNerd(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.