Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,315 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11579330 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8194) (8195) (8196) (8197) (8198) (8199) (8200) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 12:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
For those who don't know why Siasia got banned

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
elyte89:
cool

I won't choose.... I refuse to choose... Chaaiii... Don't make me do this... grin See Stardust! We got like 4 World class talents in that line-up. Quality littered all over the place.... #WorldClassEagles

My head may burst from the depth of quality in this squad.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:33pm On Jan 23, 2020
gustav25:

This is sweet

Getting stale and boring now... **Yawns**

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 12:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Getting stale and boring now... **Yawns**

The pain hits different.. I feel your pain

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DarkJeddi(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
somehow:

How can Osa be short form of Olisa?
Osita can't be Osa

God is not Osa in any Igbo dialect

this is so wrong!
I never said Osa is short for Osita..

I said it is short for Olisa(God)..

You do know that Osadebeh is the name of a popular Igbo Musician?

So what does Osadebeh (Olisadebeh) mean in Igbo and I don't know which part of Igbo you are but we do use Osa in reference to God where I am from(Osa eburu Ụwa).

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Lukaku has already done what the Inter board and social media admins dey delay to do since. grin

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 1:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
DarkJeddi:
I never said Osa is short for Osita..

I said it is short for Olisa(God)..

You do know that Osadebeh is the name of a popular Igbo Musician?

So what does Osadebeh (Olisadebeh) mean in Igbo and I don't know which part of Igbo you are but we do use Osa in reference to God where I am from(Osa eburu Ụwa).

Ever heard of borrowed words?

Osayi means "God created "

I'm not igbo but I am sure osa is not an original word from igbo

But who knows, maybe you have a meaning for Osayi in igbo

rather what is osa in igbo?
and Yi in Igbo?

just for educational purposes, not doing tribal eish here incase!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kushercain: 1:38pm On Jan 23, 2020
MumuCountry:
Just learn to mind your business,bro. Poke-nosing into other people’s business won’t get you anywhere. Learn to respect other people. That is a sensible way to live in this world. Football is played in the field, not with mouth.

Look at this clown. Also learn to respect other people opinion if you can't counter it smartly. Restrict your tantrums to border closure threads. Be guided pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DarkJeddi(m): 2:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
somehow:

Ever heard of borrowed words?

Osayi means "God created "

I'm not igbo but I am sure osa is not an original word from igbo

But who knows, maybe you have a meaning for Osayi in igbo

rather what is osa in igbo?
and Yi in Igbo?

just for educational purposes, not doing tribal eish here incase!
Maybe it's borrowed..

And am not talking specifically of Osayi,but generally..

The fact am trying to establish is that some Igbo groups have Osa(God) as a prefix to their names..

Examples of such names are Osaemeka, Osadebee, Osakwe,Osaeloka, Akaosa,Osaebuluwa and Osadinma..

All these are names with specific meanings pertaining to God..

Onitsha, Ogbaru and some parts of Delta Igbo bears names that may be indistinguishable from those of Edo..

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Maybe it's borrowed..

The fact am trying to establish is that some Igbo groups have Osa(God) as a prefix to their names..

Examples of such names are Osaemeka, Osadebee, Osakwe,Osaeloka, Akaosa,Osaebuluwa and Osadinma..

Onitsha, Ogbaru and some parts of Delta Igbo bears names that may be indistinguishable from those of Edo..

Fair enough, maybe Osa which means God in Bini language was borrowed.

No qualms sir.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
BREAKING: ADEMOLA LOOKMAN switches to Nigeria.( Family Source) Expect official release soon.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
Cazorla on Chukwueze after yesterday's game:

” You can see that the talent is there. He is applying it properly and also willing to learn new things. The hardwork he is putting in he has to maintain it and continue to develop here because he can be the best in the world “

Cazorla thinks Chukwueze can be the best in the world.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by witorwitoutyou(m): 2:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
R2bees:
BREAKING: ADEMOLA LOOKMAN switches to Nigeria.( Family Source) Expect official release soon.

SENSE DON FINALLY FALL ON THIS ONE

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:30pm On Jan 23, 2020
R2bees:

Yes, he has filed in his papers.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 2:40pm On Jan 23, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I know Musa did something similar. I am well aware of that actually when he was at Kano Pillars.
That's why I only referred to Ikedia. See Michael? grin wink

And yes, Martinelli is a real young top talent but his goal yesterday is not the reason I say so. The goal just shows more of what he's got in his locker. It's not like several others haven't scored any better.

And uhmmm, Martinelli's better than Son's goal?? I won't take that either from the Arsenal fans. I like Martinelli very much in fact but mehn... Truthfully, his goal yesterday got nothing on Son's abeg. Please don't mind those fans saying so. They are obviously drunk with the atmosphere around the Martinelli goal. Lol

We can agree on this. Heard Real Madrid are now after him, shows how good he is, I like his work rate though, he isn't like Atletico Madrid's Felix, the dude wants to work hard for the team and win with the team and for the team, currently I think that is the only part of Chukwueze's game that is lacking, that drive to suffer with your teammates, to maintain positional discipline, to do what you are meant to do and even cover for your teammates, if he can get that then I don't really think this Martinelli guy has much on him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2020
wow nice one!
R2bees:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
cool

Cc...TheSupernerd

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
tbaba1234:

Where do you think Saka will end up? I'm hearing England NT want to hand him a call up ASAP
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 2:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
R2bees:
Where do you think Saka will end up? I'm hearing England NT want to hand him a call up ASAP

Na Dis one go pain Me pass angry angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
elyte89:

Na Dis one go pain Me pass angry angry

I swear bro... I think it's up to him. Last year I bin watch one clip like that where he stated he's a Nigerian. I think that was during Wizkid UK concert. But trust me bro no matter how much you love 9ja, when England comes in, Walahi u go weak.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
Mickael2:

We can agree on this. Heard Real Madrid are now after him, shows how good he is, I like his work rate though, he isn't like Atletico Madrid's Felix, the dude wants to work hard for the team and win with the team and for the team, currently I think that is the only part of Chukwueze's game that is lacking, that drive to suffer with your teammates, to maintain positional discipline, to do what you are meant to do and even cover for your teammates, if he can get that then I don't really think this Martinelli guy has much on him

Martinelli has the skills and the arrogance to go with it, I think he is the heir to De Lima's throne

You saw his goal celebration against Chelsea?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
tbaba1234:

He should fix his club situation too
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:05pm On Jan 23, 2020
R2bees:

Hard to say but England have the advantage. It depends on the Nigerian authorities.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
elyte89:
cool

Cc...TheSupernerd

Hahahahahahahahahahaha...... grin grin grin How Chriskels and Andrewbaba44 go tussle when Dem jam for real life... cheesy grin grin Looollll

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2020
Imo people dem swear for unah? See as a brother wan strangle his own brother just Bkus he messed him up

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
R2bees:

You are switching at the right time son... grin Switching at a time, the Super Eagles are in a state of great positive evolution. I understand you also need to be playing games at Club level but I know your time will come (coz you got real talent)....

And...

..although the competition for places na dieeeee!!!! Buutttt you are welcome all the same to add even more quality.... Welcome Lookman. cool Welcome to the Super Eagles.... Welcome...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 3:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Maybe it's borrowed..

So wanna still da argue dis Osayi of a guy mata since yesterday.
I tire for wanna oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
England youth star Ademola Lookman switches to Nigeria

England youth international Ademola Lookman has applied to compete for Nigeria at senior level.

The 22-year-old, who won the Under 20 World Cup in 2017, holds a UK passport and wants to switch nationalities to represent the country of his parents.

A top official of the Super Eagles has welcomed his decision and he is now awaiting approval from world governing body the Fifa.

"Lookman has applied for the switch and all the documents are in order," Nigeria's technical assistant Tunde Adelakun told Opera News.

"It's a positive step forward when made his commitment to Nigeria and we are just waiting for a Fifa clearance.

"Once the go-ahead is sorted, it will be up to coach Gernot Rohr to decide if his club performance would earn him a call up."

Lookman scored 12 goals in 49 games for Charlton before joining Everton in January 2017.

Capped 31 times by England at youth level, he played on loan at German club RB Leipzig in 2018 before joining the Bundesliga outfit on a permanent deal last summer.

But the winger has struggled for regular game time this season with three of his four appearances coming in the league.

"He's one of three former England youth players we've filed for but they are all aware of the caveat," Adelakun added.

"All the players were told that they can only earn a place in the squad by playing regular club football."

Nigeria have previously succeeded in convincing several former England youth internationals like Sone Aluko, Victor Moses, Shola Ameobi, Alex Iwobi and Ola Aina to swap allegiances.

Liverpool's Sheyi Ojo also told BBC Sport that he would love to represent Nigeria if they approach him.

Should Lookman get the approval to represent Nigeria, he faces competition from Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon, Samuel Chukwueze and Samuel Kalu for a place in the current squad.

Source:Opera.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2020
Yes indeed... Just hearing of the Made links. That's really interesting stuff. Should not your Barca be looking at this Martinelli kid too Michael? wink
Martinelli has what it takes to become Mega and he does work for the team. I believe this season has seen Chukwueze improving in good bits on his defensive contributions to the Villarreal cause. He drops back for the team now compared to before but yes, he can still get better and should get better if he's gonna be the World class star we all believe he has in himself to become.
If you ask me, I would love to have both Martinelli and Chuks in my team. Still doesn't change my views on having Håland and Osimhen on my team too. Those ones na sure bankers. Lol... And yep... I am that greedy on top young quality. grin

Mickael2:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
tbaba1234:
England youth star Ademola Lookman switches to Nigeria

England youth international Ademola Lookman has applied to compete for Nigeria at senior level.

The 22-year-old, who won the Under 20 World Cup in 2017, holds a UK passport and wants to switch nationalities to represent the country of his parents.

A top official of the Super Eagles has welcomed his decision and he is now awaiting approval from world governing body the Fifa.

"Lookman has applied for the switch and all the documents are in order," Nigeria's technical assistant Tunde Adelakun told Opera News.

"It's a positive step forward when made his commitment to Nigeria and we are just waiting for a Fifa clearance.

"Once the go-ahead is sorted, it will be up to coach Gernot Rohr to decide if his club performance would earn him a call up."

Lookman scored 12 goals in 49 games for Charlton before joining Everton in January 2017.

Capped 31 times by England at youth level, he played on loan at German club RB Leipzig in 2018 before joining the Bundesliga outfit on a permanent deal last summer.

But the winger has struggled for regular game time this season with three of his four appearances coming in the league.

"He's one of three former England youth players we've filed for but they are all aware of the caveat," Adelakun added.

"All the players were told that they can only earn a place in the squad by playing regular club football."

Nigeria have previously succeeded in convincing several former England youth internationals like Sone Aluko, Victor Moses, Shola Ameobi, Alex Iwobi and Ola Aina to swap allegiances.

Liverpool's Sheyi Ojo also told BBC Sport that he would love to represent Nigeria if they approach him.

Should Lookman get the approval to represent Nigeria, he faces competition from Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon, Samuel Chukwueze and Samuel Kalu for a place in the current squad.

Source:Opera.

The bolded.... The other two: Ovie Ejaria and who? Time will tell shaa.... Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
It is about time Musa does the honorable thing, yes he has had his time and could(debatable) be termed a legend, but, with the emergence of Kalu, SiMoses, Ejike, Onyekuru and now Ademola on that left wing, I don't see why he should still be getting an invite from the Arabian Gulf league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

The bolded.... The other two: Ovie Ejaria and who? Time will tell shaa.... Lol

Akpom

(1) (2) (3) ... (8194) (8195) (8196) (8197) (8198) (8199) (8200) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, Nomyth, Hanibal(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.