Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8298) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11579273 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8295) (8296) (8297) (8298) (8299) (8300) (8301) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:17am On Feb 14, 2020
Joebie:
He proved it at club level where he was able to coach on his own terms, and we all know how that endeddd. For Nigeria, he had to be a good manager as well to perform well.

did he not quarrel with the club as well?

Somebody that carry trouble from his village lipsrsealed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:20am On Feb 14, 2020
safarigirl:
Klopp is a great motivator, in my opinion.

It is Mourinho you should be listing among poor motivators that get thee job done, not Klopp

Klopp once took his players to applaud the fans after getting a 2-2 draw with West Brom at Anfield in his first season in charge. He said it was to thank the fans for their preservation and to remind them of better days ahead cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:21am On Feb 14, 2020
safarigirl:
Anyway, I have not much concern as regards Yobo's appointment.

He has no certificate, but our President doesn't have a certificate either, and many justified that with telling us he has many years of army experience.

Yobo has many years of footballing experience, let it also make up for a certificate. The position of an Assistant Coach is not as important as that of a President, so, if Buhari can rule 180 million+ people, Yobo can assist Rohr in coaching 23 people. You cannot support Buhari's presidency, and complain of Yobo's assistant position.

If na favor carry am go there o, e don enter, we will see how it all goes.

The person that was previously in that position didn't have an interesting face, at Ieast, I will have eye candy sitting on the bench tongue

Nuff said... Nothing strange about Yobo's appointment at all. It isn't the first time it will happen in Nigeria or any part of the world.

Make we sit down, and see how things unfold...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 1:25am On Feb 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

Nuff said... Nothing strange about Yobo's appointment at all. It isn't the first time it will happen in Nigeria or any part of the world.

Make we sit down, and see how things unfold...

My dear, the way they are up in arms about it, you will think such things don't occur in Nigeria.

The current FIRS boss' CV is so vague, it boggles the mind. The man was as good as a ghost worker in his firm.

We have seen worse in Nigeria, so, pending when Yobo actually f*cks up, I have no words for his appointment. The worst thing is that, you won't even know when an assistant coach has messed up...except he is Nduka Ugbade.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:32am On Feb 14, 2020
edi287:

It still doesn't change the fact that he does not deserve this job.
Using Zizou as an example makes it even clearer .

It is a case of alibi turning evidence against you in court grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:36am On Feb 14, 2020
safarigirl:
Klopp is a great motivator, in my opinion.

It is Mourinho you should be listing among poor motivators that get thee job done, not Klopp

Mourinho is a great motivator but he doesn't do his own in a hyped way like Klopp and his ego problems eventually have a negative effect on his players

'Are you Dele Alli or are you Dele Alli's brother?' is a high level of motivation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:45am On Feb 14, 2020
safarigirl:
Anyway, I have not much concern as regards Yobo's appointment.

He has no certificate, but our President doesn't have a certificate either, and many justified that with telling us he has many years of army experience.

Yobo has many years of footballing experience, let it also make up for a certificate. The position of an Assistant Coach is not as important as that of a President, so, if Buhari can rule 180 million+ people, Yobo can assist Rohr in coaching 23 people. You cannot support Buhari's presidency, and complain of Yobo's assistant position.

If na favor carry am go there o, e don enter, we will see how it all goes.

The person that was previously in that position didn't have an interesting face, at Ieast, I will have eye candy sitting on the bench tongue

This Buhari certificate case was taken to court and cambridge sent a confirmation to the court that he did get one from them.

Certificate has nothing to do with his poor performance.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:49am On Feb 14, 2020
safarigirl:

If he gets results, why won't he lead the team?

If something is working, you will throw it away because you don't like the brand name?

The only thing that concerns me is results, and that is the only thing that should concern any fan of the Eagles.

I never concern myself with NFF appointments, unless when they appoint proven failures. Yobo has a clean slate, until he does nonsense, before I talk.

If Yobo gets results, he can even lead the team till 2030, an Utility Bill will suffice as certificate
What has Yobo shown to make you think he'll be a better coach than Siasia, Oliseh, Amunike, etc?
That's what you people are yet to tell me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:00am On Feb 14, 2020
edi287:

What has Yobo shown to make you think he'll be a better coach than Siasia, Oliseh, Amunike, etc?
That's what you people are yet to tell me.

I don't really care for what he has shown, like I said, I only care for results and as long as he has not shown me anything to prove otherwise, I cannot waste my time on negativity.

Everyone deserves a chance, no be everybody go get experience before dem get work, some people will get experience on the job, and not every experienced worker is actually good. At least, that much we have proven, with some of your listed examples.

You are already expecting him to fail, I have no expectations. I keep an open mind for now, and that is what a Super Eagles fan should do, instead of hoping the (assistant) coach fails.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:02am On Feb 14, 2020
tbaba1234:

This Buhari certificate case was taken to court and cambridge sent a confirmation to the court that he did get one from them.

Certificate has nothing to do with his poor performance.

So, having a certificate doesn't mean you know anything. At least, we have established that; certificate is not proof of knowledge.

So, let's strike that complaint out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 2:05am On Feb 14, 2020
safarigirl:

I don't really care for what he has shown, like I said, I only care for results and as long as he has not shown me anything to prove otherwise, I cannot waste my time on negativity.

Everyone deserves a chance, no be everybody go get experience before dem get work, some people will get experience on the job, and not every experienced worker is actually good. At least, that much we have proven, with some of your listed examples.

You are already expecting him to fail, I have no expectations. I keep an open mind for now, and that is what a Super Eagles fan should do, instead of hoping the (assistant) coach fails.
I am not expecting him to fail - I just want things to be done the right way.
The only way this would make sense is if Rohr personally asked for him(well acceptable at least).
This just looks like NFF listening to Odegbami in thinking that Yobo is actually good enough to coach us to a WC.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:06am On Feb 14, 2020
na coaching we dey talk now, not management
safarigirl:
did he not quarrel with the club as well?

Somebody that carry trouble from his village lipsrsealed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:12am On Feb 14, 2020
edi287:

The only way this would make sense is if Rohr personally asked for him(well acceptable at least).
This just looks like NFF listening to Odegbami in thinking that Yobo is actually good enough to coach us to a WC.

That's how NFF was scammed into thinking Oliseh was the next Guardiola because he talked a big talk, we know how that ended.

Yobo's appointment will not be the first made out of media hype. You concluded that Yobo will be a failure, hence your declaration on his taking us to 2022

Sometimes, the least qualified person is the best person for the job. Now, unless someone has a list of all the past coaching jobs Yobo has failed in, I cannot start saying "if he leads us to 2022, I will know Nigeria is not serious"

First, Nigeria has never been serious anyway, so, Yobo leading the team to 2020 WC will not be the most out of pocket occurrence, he may have even gotten the coaching license by then.

Secondly, just wish him the best and be optimistic. That is all you can do as a fan.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:12am On Feb 14, 2020
Joebie:
na coaching we dey talk now, not management
they go together grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:14am On Feb 14, 2020
The point is with Fortuna Sitaard he had to axe the more experience players and ran the team like an authoritarian. Something he couldn't do with SE without opposition. Of course you also expect that would affect the psychology of the team, an the results. His problem is more managerial than tactical. We are talking of a coach who was once named the best coach in the dutch 2nd tier. What has any of our coaches won in Europe?

jihday:
I don't understand your first line, did the NFF force players on him? Or did they tell him to start packing graduates of his brother's academy into the SE
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:15am On Feb 14, 2020
Me, I'm just happy there is one less pot-bellied man, and one more baby boy on the bench, for now grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:18am On Feb 14, 2020
I will rather have an arrogant Oliseh as a coach then Yobo who is coming to learn a trade. Rohr don talk am say he go talk to Yobo about getting his coaching license.. Interesting, we defend hiring someone without experience or badge. Me sef I go take experience over badge. But this guy has nada.
safarigirl:
they go together grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:19am On Feb 14, 2020
if u be NFF chairman.. na handsome contest dem go dey do for pitch and bench

safarigirl:
Me, I'm just happy there is one less pot-bellied man, and one more baby boy on the bench, for now grin

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:21am On Feb 14, 2020
Turn by turn mentality. Everyone deserves a chance without earning it. grin

safarigirl:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:23am On Feb 14, 2020
What is even the proof that he would succeed? His defenders are so confident that he would succeed based on how they feel and nothing concrete.. It could go either way. But I wouldnt take chances especially when we need a sound assistant to Rorh.

edi287:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:25am On Feb 14, 2020
Like Rorh has not drawn or lost against weak teams
jihday:
tactical ingenuity that can't beat Tanzania undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:25am On Feb 14, 2020
safarigirl:

So, having a certificate doesn't mean you know anything. At least, we have established that; certificate is not proof of knowledge.

So, let's strike that complaint out.

Rewind.

A WAEC certificate is not specialized training for leadership.

A coaching badge is training for a particular job.

It takes about 9 months to get the UEFA C license. By the time you have the A license, you have spent a few years studying just coaching. It is not the same as someone with no training.

I have lawyers in my family and as friends. I have listened to plenty legal jargon. It does not mean, i can effectively handle a case in court.

In the English premier league, the minimum coaching requirement is a UEFA pro license.

One of problems identified in our local league is poor coaching. I do not think we have minimum standards for coaching badges.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:26am On Feb 14, 2020
Joebie:
if u be NFF chairman.. na handsome contest dem go dey do for pitch and bench

Lol....football is a brand. The better your team looks on and off the pitch, the easier it is to sell your brand. Some days ago, we were talking about what fine jerseys can do for the team and Nigeria, do you know how many fans Super Eagles have gotten because the players look good and are young? This team is running on 60% packaging and 40% good football cheesy

There are good-looking people that are brilliant at what they do, so, why can't we have it all? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:27am On Feb 14, 2020
how old is that Odegbami sef abi na Oningbinde? Our elders are failing us big time.

tbaba1234:

I believe Odegbami's statements influenced the choice of Yobo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:27am On Feb 14, 2020
no wahala.. las las dem go still go world cup parade their jerseys.. nothing spoil cheesy
safarigirl:

Lol....football is a brand. The better your team looks on and off the pitch, the easier it is to sell your brand. Some days ago, we were talking about what fine jerseys can do for the team and Nigeria, do you know how many fans Super Eagles have gotten because the players look good and are young? This team is running on 60% packaging and 40% good football cheesy

There are good-looking people that are brilliant at what they do, so, why can't we have it all? cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:32am On Feb 14, 2020
safarigirl:

Everyone deserves a chance
, no be everybody go get experience before dem get work, some people will get experience on the job, and not every experienced worker is actually good. At least, that much we have proven, with some of your listed examples.

When am I going to get my chance because as far as I'm concerned I have as much stake to the SE job as Yobo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:35am On Feb 14, 2020
safarigirl:

Football is not a brand, football is a competition

It seems like you drank something this night tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:38am On Feb 14, 2020
tbaba1234:

You are now a mind reader. grin grin

This is one of your problems, you assume the worst. This is why you label people who hold a different viewpoint as "haters". What started this angle, was you labeling me as "enemy of progress" based on me arguing that Yobo was not ready for a position.

Bro, you are far too sentimental. These things are not as serious. Last comment on this tangent.

Nope but I know what jamboree means when it is not used in a dictionary context. It means something off was going on.

I was not even talking to you but you know what you have been doing so I guess it's guilty conscience
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake2: 2:38am On Feb 14, 2020
It seems Ndidi will not play tomorrow according to reports
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:40am On Feb 14, 2020
tbaba1234:

Rewind.

It takes about 9 months to get the UEFA C license. By the time you have the A license, you have spent a few years studying just coaching. It is not the same as someone with no training.

I have lawyers in my family and as friends. I have listened to plenty legal jargon. It does not mean, i can effectively handle a case in court.

In the English premier league, the minimum coaching requirement is a UEFA pro license.

One of problems identified in our local league is poor coaching. I do not think we have minimum standards for coaching badges.

A WAEC Certificate is a basic requirement for any job in Nigeria. Before you even become a leader, you ought to go through certain requirementts, as a follower. You cannot even train for professional courses without the WAEC certificate or it's equivalent.

The coaching license is a professional certificate, you can get it on the job. You do not need a law school certificate to teach law, you just need a law degree from a University.

An LLB does not qualify you to handle a case in court, but it qualifies you to teach. Yobo has experience playing football (LLB), he does not have a coaching certificate (BL). He may not be able to coach, but he can certainly assist, just like an LLB holder cannot show up in court or sign documents, but can draft documents and give legal advice.

Your analogy about having friends and family who studied law, is not the same as Yobo, who has actually played football, not just having friends and family as professionals. He has been in the system and knows how it works.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:41am On Feb 14, 2020
tbaba1234:

Rewind.

Is football rocket science? U don't need a certificate to coach any other sport.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:41am On Feb 14, 2020
Joebie:
I will rather have an arrogant Oliseh as a coach then Yobo who is coming to learn a trade. Rohr don talk am say he go talk to Yobo about getting his coaching license.. Interesting, we defend hiring someone without experience or badge. Me sef I go take experience over badge. But this guy has nada.

If Oliseh has achieved a lot in his managerial career, then his arrogance won't be much of a problem.. but for somebody who is still new in the business of coaching, he needs a lot of humility...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8295) (8296) (8297) (8298) (8299) (8300) (8301) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Meliforme and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.