Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,532 members, 7,801,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8765) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11523382 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8762) (8763) (8764) (8765) (8766) (8767) (8768) ... (16092) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2020
kellycute:
he started the build up, you should stop fooling yourself bro.

is that the argument?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:09am On Jun 23, 2020
Dessers To Join Belgian Club Genk On Four-Year Contract for €4mil

Source

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2020
Edopesin:

Source
my only problem with this move is that Genk would not be playing any European competition
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:36am On Jun 23, 2020
maidaboi:
my only problem with this move is that Genk would not be playing any European competition

I don't even mind, As long as he gets game time he's fine
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:41am On Jun 23, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Kenneth Omeruo (Leganes) vs Granada.

We don't seem to praise him enough when he does put up a fine showing. We only seem to remember him when blunders are discussed. To be fair, Omeruo has been solid for Leganes this season for the most part.

According to both Whoscored and Sofascore, he had a rating of 7.2 and was Leganes' best player on the day.

Had 4 interceptions, 4 clearances, 3 aerial duels won (100%), 1 shot off target, 3 accurate long balls, 48 touches, 36 passes, 77.8% passing accuracy.

Very solid performance from Kenneth Omeruo.

Currently our best performing defender in Europe.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 9:45am On Jun 23, 2020
NFF Should Fire Rohr If He Fails To Win AFCON 2021 –Mabo

Former Chief Coach of the Super Falcons Ismaila Mabo has backed Nigeria Football Federation to fire Super Eagles gaffer Gernot Rohr if he fails to win the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon, Completesports reports.

Mabo told Completesports.com that it was proper the NFF included the clause that Rohr must win the AFCON and qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, adding that with the Federation paying him so much as salary, he should deliver or get fired

“Rohr has done well so far, but I think after winning a bronze at the AFCON, he should justify his huge wages by going further to win the cup. We have the talents to conquer Africa. We are due for another AFCON win with the talents at his disposal,” Mabo said.

“The NFF were right to order Rohr to win the AFCON and qualify for World Cup and I think the federation should fire him if he fails to win the 4th AFCON for Nigeria. To whom much is given, much is expected, Rohr should win a trophy for the country or get his contract terminated,” he reiterated.

Mabo, a onetime Plateau Highlanders star added: “Rohr, after four years as Super Eagles coach, should be winning titles now as well as improving Nigerian football. He needs to work hard and get his priorities right or he quits.”

Source

Agreed without reservation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 9:58am On Jun 23, 2020
Edopesin:

Former Chief Coach of the Super Falcons Ismaila Mabo has backed Nigeria Football Federation to fire Super Eagles gaffer Gernot Rohr if he fails to win the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon, Completesports reports.

Mabo told Completesports.com that it was proper the NFF included the clause that Rohr must win the AFCON and qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, adding that with the Federation paying him so much as salary, he should deliver or get fired

“Rohr has done well so far, but I think after winning a bronze at the AFCON, he should justify his huge wages by going further to win the cup. We have the talents to conquer Africa. We are due for another AFCON win with the talents at his disposal,” Mabo said.

“The NFF were right to order Rohr to win the AFCON and qualify for World Cup and I think the federation should fire him if he fails to win the 4th AFCON for Nigeria. To whom much is given, much is expected, Rohr should win a trophy for the country or get his contract terminated,” he reiterated.

Mabo, a onetime Plateau Highlanders star added: “Rohr, after four years as Super Eagles coach, should be winning titles now as well as improving Nigerian football. He needs to work hard and get his priorities right or he quits.”

Source

Agreed without reservation

I dont agree. You dont change your coach before the world cup. The nations cup is shortly before the world cup and stability is needed.
We sacked a coach shortly beforecthe 2010 and 2002 world cup and it affected us.
Stability is needed. It is short sighted to sack him because of that.
He can go after the 2022 world cup.
Besides history will be kind to him. He has built a team that might lastvfor 10 years. Keshis team did not last 2 years.
Let us see

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:12am On Jun 23, 2020
Philosopher1979:

I dont agree. You dont change your coach before the world cup. The nations cup is shortly before the world cup and stability is needed.
We sacked a coach shortly beforecthe 2010 and 2002 world cup and it affected us.
Stability is needed. It is short sighted to sack him because of that.
He can go after the 2022 world cup.
Besides history will be kind to him. He has built a team that might lastvfor 10 years. Keshis team did not last 2 years.
Let us see

At the bolded

If he cannot even win the Afcon with the crop of players at his disposal then he shouldn't even dream about the world cup
And I agree that changing coaches before a major tournament affects the team but when you're not guaranteed results in the tournament you do the needful

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:18am On Jun 23, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

No Semi Ajayi and Ekong are

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2020
Edopesin:

Source

He was sold for cheap
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 10:29am On Jun 23, 2020
Leganes sold its 2 top strikers now its fighting for survival and I wonder how the admin of the club took such decision and yet expect to survive
The club is practically toothless in attack even a penalty in such a crucial game for survival was thrown away by the so called striker!
I hope Ken finds a way out of that shitty club

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2020
I did juggle with the thought of him playing from the wings but I just didn't pen it down. Perhaps it is possible.
And yes, truly he is one of the very few genuine talents to come out of the NPFL in recent times with potentials for more. He's still young. Hopefully things look up for him in terms of playing time either at Genk or away from Genk.

Philosopher1979:

Stephen Odey can play from the wings. Maybe they will put him in the wings
But i feel for him. He is perhaps the most visible proof that our local league in Nigeria can produce good players. He is an MFM boy from the Nigerian league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:42am On Jun 23, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Troost ekong doesnt play Rugby

You cant give me our best performing defender to someone who plays for a relegation threatened team, if not relegation bound self, but there is hope for them to survive the laliga so i wont use that bound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:47am On Jun 23, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Troost ekong doesnt play Rugby

You cant give me our best performing defender to someone who plays for a relegation threatened team, if not relegation bond self, but there is hope for them to survive the laliga so i wont use that bond.
our best 2 centre backs in Europe dis season re ekong and ajayi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 10:47am On Jun 23, 2020
charlesemeka85:
I saw the game and he had a good game. He needs to start getting involved more in the oppositions box to get goals
Didn't watch the game but if the stats up there is anything to go by its poor compared to his previous stats I've seen here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:48am On Jun 23, 2020
Subzero047:

No Semi Ajayi and Ekong are

Semi has done well but i wont use him as he is playing in the 2nd division

Agreed about ekong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:49am On Jun 23, 2020
charlesemeka85:
our best 2 centre backs in Europe dis season re ekong and ajayi

Agreed about ekong

Ajayi has done so well. dont just want to include a second division player thats why
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:53am On Jun 23, 2020
oloriooko:
Leganes sold its 2 top strikers now its fighting for survival and I wonder how the admin of the club took such decision and yet expect to survive
The club is practically toothless in attack even a penalty in such a crucial game for survival was thrown away by the so called striker!
I hope Ken finds a way out of that shitty club

People need money and you dey wonder why dem sell their top 2 strikers, you think leganes na epl club wey get money abi? even many championship clubs for england get money pass leganes, no blame them abeg

Club wey be say their highest paid player no dey earn pass 15k euros weekly

Kenneth will get a laliga team if leganes goes down, teams like eibar, granada and co
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:09am On Jun 23, 2020
Statistically and according to Whoscored average ratings so far, you are right if you only referring to CBs. Especially our CBs in the top divisions.

In the top 5 leagues or top flight leagues Kenneth Omeruo holds an average Whoscored rating of 6.70. Awaziem is 6.49 and Ekong is 6.57.

Now from this, it shows that among our defenders in the top division of a major euro league, Omeruo is tops.

But in Europe as a whole looking at both top divisions and Second divisions, Semi Ajayi is ahead on 6.91.

But if I am looking at our best performing defender in Europe combining both the CBs and fullbacks... Then My good man, Ola Aina with 6.92 takes the crown. He is our best overall performing defender in Europe so far.

This is a brief breakdown:

Average Whoscored ratings of our defenders so far for the 19/20 season:

Ola Aina (Serie A) - 6.92

Semi Ajayi (Championship) - 6.91

Ehizibue (Bundesliga) - 6.73

Collins (Bundesliga) - 6.72

Omeruo (La Liga) - 6.70

Ekong (Serie A) - 6.57

Awaziem (La Liga) - 6.49

Note: Didn't include Leon Balogun who holds a solid 7.08 rating from 6 appearances in the Championship so far b'cos he hasn't played as much games as the rest. Would be unfair really as he wasn't so active for the season's first half. But if I did... He would be topping.

TheLoneCitizen:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:15am On Jun 23, 2020
Subzero047:

He was sold for cheap

he plays for Heracles, it's a good deal imo and considering present circumstances

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ObaOni(m): 11:19am On Jun 23, 2020
andrewbaba44:

People need money and you dey wonder why dem sell their top 2 strikers, you think leganes na epl club wey get money abi? even many championship clubs for england get money pass leganes, no blame them abeg

Club wey be say their highest paid player no dey earn pass 15k euros weekly

Kenneth will get a laliga team if leganes goes down, teams like eibar, granada and co

Omeoruo will definitely get a club, the fear is starting spot in another club
Balogun comes to mind..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 11:29am On Jun 23, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Statistically and according to Whoscored average ratings so far, you are right if you only referring to CBs. Especially our CBs in the top divisions.

In the top 5 leagues or top flight leagues Kenneth Omeruo holds an average Whoscored rating of 6.70. Awaziem is 6.49 and Ekong is 6.57.

Now from this, it shows that among our defenders in the top division of a major euro league, Omeruo is tops.

But in Europe as a whole looking at both top divisions and Second divisions, Semi Ajayi is ahead on 6.91.

But if I am looking at our best performing defender in Europe combining both the CBs and fullbacks... Then My good man, Ola Aina with 6.92 takes the crown. He is our best overall performing defender in Europe so far.

This is a brief breakdown:

Average Whoscored ratings of our defenders so far for the 19/20 season:

Ola Aina (Serie A) - 6.92

Semi Ajayi (Championship) - 6.91

Ehizibue (Bundesliga) - 6.73

Collins (Bundesliga) - 6.72

Omeruo (La Liga) - 6.70

Ekong (Serie A) - 6.57

Awaziem (La Liga) - 6.49

Note: Didn't include Leon Balogun who holds a solid 7.08 rating from 6 appearances in the Championship so far b'cos he hasn't played as much games as the rest. Would be unfair really as he wasn't so active for the season's first half. But if I did... He would be topping.

Shey they said collins is trash
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Liposure: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2020
Edopesin:

“Rohr has done well so far, but I think after winning a broAFCON, he should justify his huge wages furtcup. We have the talents to conquer Afrinother AFCON win with ts
rohr is one lucky coach. Considering the manner he has handled the super eagles team so far since he took over. If it were another country. he'd be long gone
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:44am On Jun 23, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Transfer Update: The Dennis link

I understand from a few reports that Jose Callejon may be on his way out of Napoli. He is in the final weeks/month of his current contract and could leave Napoli. The 33 yrs old winger's likely departure is possibly the reason links to Dennis Bonaventure emain strong.

Time will tell how it all goes.

Wow! Callejon is 33 already?

Didn't feel long ago he left Real.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:45am On Jun 23, 2020
ObaOni:

Omeoruo will definitely get a club, the fear is starting spot in another club
Balogun comes to mind..

You see say I call Grenada eibar you see these clubs na gurantee shirt for am and some few others laliga team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2020
ChrisKels:
Genk agrees deal with Heracles to sign Dessers.

From the look of things, Dessers may not be able to get up to 5caps for Nigeria, not when we have osimhen, sadiq, Iheanacho, Dennis and maybe Moffi all playing in a better league

Disappointing move!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2020
elunico:

Wow! Callejon is 33 already?

Didn't feel long ago he left Real.[/font][/b]

You will think callejon is 26

That one don tay for football sha

One of the most used Napoli player

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:49pm On Jun 23, 2020
Wow. I don’t have much to say to this. People who know me personally know better. Some of you behave like Trump. When there is an issue on ground instead of u to face it you resort to name calling and abuses. Oga that is weakness. His original post is broad day light misleading to make Nwakali look like he played better. but U still want to defend that. I won’t respond to the abuses, because its a cheap attempt to distract from the convo. The issue is . Nerdie asked for people to cry bias and I have found him out
for anyone who desires the truth. He lied to hype Nwakali that’s is the fact. You poor attempt to label me now as a Nwakali hater now just because you lied. I’ve put out the stats.
All can see where Nwakali did well and did badly. Finito

ChrisKels:

His desperation most times reeks of low self esteem and insecurity. Dude be acting as though he has to bring you down to stay relevant, una dey drag anything? grin grin

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 12:54pm On Jun 23, 2020
Let me tell you what a child is.
A guy who claims to be grown but cries on the internet that a moniker abused his mum then runs away from the thread for months because people did not defend him. Who does that?. That’s a child, fact! When I see you call several monikers childish here, I just shake my head.

TheSuperNerd:
Hmmmm.... You know that is a good question Chris. Are we dragging anything? Let me think first. I mean, come on Chris... I have not even met his wife. I don't know her. So it's definitely not that. What could it be then that made him act this childish, making a fool of himself? Well sometimes in a bid to prove a point, some people make mistakes and end up looking silly for it. I believe this is one of those times for Joebie. He will bounce back more mature I hope. wink

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 12:59pm On Jun 23, 2020
Joebie [s:
post=90981695]Let me tell you what a child is.
A guy who claims to be grown but cries on the internet that a moniker abused his mum then runs away from the thread for months because people did not defend him. Who does that?. That’s a child, fact! When I see you call several monikers childish here, I just shake my head.[/s]

This is utter bullshits and thus belongs to the dustbin embarassed

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:00pm On Jun 23, 2020
Oga Joebie, the matter no too concern me sha but make I talk small. Nerdie's post clearly shows he talked about a pass to the right wing, not winger. The YouTube video agrees with that simple sentence. I believe you already had a presumption.

Laslas make everybody camdan

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2020
Joebie:
Let me tell you what a child is.
A guy who claims to be grown but cries on the internet that a moniker abused his mum then runs away from the thread for months because people did not defend him. Who does that?. That’s a child, fact! When I see you call several monikers childish here, I just shake my head.

What has this rubbish got to do with anything? Bros stop making a mockery of yourself out of desperation. You are the real kid here, for you to have posted this waste of an idea. Dude you are a cry baby ooo grin grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8762) (8763) (8764) (8765) (8766) (8767) (8768) ... (16092) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twentyk(m), Meliforme, Ajd19 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.