Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8864) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11576580 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8861) (8862) (8863) (8864) (8865) (8866) (8867) ... (16116) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:51pm On Jul 03, 2020
elyte89:
cool...he's washed up.. We don't need him grin grin,funny peeps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9J1-D-9Ix8

The double standard and hypocritical prejudice against some players defies all reasoning.

In my opinion currently in his position nobody is better than him. Tell me which current SE player has his long standing consistent, continous quality over the the past 5/6 seasons. Absolutely nobody.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2020
Joebie:
Tiago Ilori's numbers this season

I remember him when he first came to Liverpool from Portugal with high expectations and supposed quality pedigree.

He was so weak they sent him to the gym and then his fitness had many question marks.

He played U23 in Liverpool for so long he almost build house for the place. I don't think he ever played a game for Liverpool.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:00pm On Jul 03, 2020
komekn:

The double standard and hypocritical prejudice against some players defies all reasoning.

In my opinion currently in his position nobody is better than him. Tell me which current SE player has his long standing consistent, continous quality over the the past 5/6 seasons. Absolutely nobody.

Be more specific.
Which position are you referring to?
Moses is known as a wing back at his club...the super eagles doesn't use wing backs .

If you want to refer to the wings,I will gladly give you a list of wingers who have been better than him this season..

And the bolded is an exaggeration...Moses has only been consistent for the past 3 season when Conte joined Chelsea..

He didn't exactly hit the ground running at West Ham,Stoke City and Liverpool..

That being said, Moses's career stats even as a winger aren't that impressive...

11 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:10pm On Jul 03, 2020
komekn:

The only player worthy of the title " WASTEMAN" for me is Isaac Success.

Osimhen was essentially a youth player at Wolfsburg that failed to break into the first team. The only over hype was not from football insiders but fanatical fans. Nonetheless, he took my advice, went to a lower league and reinvented himself and the rest is history. Where did l call Osimhen a flop

KC the darling of this thread has with the consideration of his transfer fee of £25 million been very dissapointing. He has essentially flopped.

What were the expectations on Aneke none, what was the transfer fee zero. He was released from Arsenal for Nothing in 2014. He went on a free transfer to Charlton, the only expectations are the ones l had and in general from his exploits in the EFL league one.

Right now Eze is doing great he cost nothing there were zero expectations. If he goes for anything above £20 million to Tottenham and he doesn't perform, he will be called a flop.

Sadiq was a huge flop at Rangers who had done little or nothing in Europe's far better leagues. He has dropped very low to find relevancy not neccesarily higher competence. Only time will tell.

Etebo, Onomah, Onyedinma, Iorfa, Maja, have not met my expectations, should l therefore label them flops

Sadiq did not flop at Rangers..
The only evidence you have of it is what Gerrard said about him being lazy in training..
Sadiq only got to play 4 games with Rangers totalling 161 minutes...that's hardly enough time to evaluate his performance..
And for the uptenth time,the Scottish league isn't much better than the Serbian league.. it wasn't until this year that the Scottish league moved ahead of Serbia in the UEFA coefficient.. And I can bet my balls that the likes of Rangers and Celtics won't find it easy against Partizan and Red star.. Sadiq also did well in Netherlands.. 12 games, 5 goals and 3 assists.. and it was only for 6 months.. Why do u keep using Scotland to judge him? There is absolutely nothing special about the Scottish league for it to be used as a yardstick to judge any player..

As for Osimhen, we remember how much you ridiculed him while he was struggling at Wolfsburg...you even said he won't make the first team of a championship club..If that isn't tagging him a flop, I don't know what it is..

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2020
Brown Ideye is a free agent after rejecting the offer of a contract extension in Greece.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:12pm On Jul 03, 2020
Joebie:
lol I don check before.. u know say this thread sometimes u gotta double check before curses start to rain from some kind monikers

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:13pm On Jul 03, 2020
komekn:

Samuel kalu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:15pm On Jul 03, 2020
Edopesin:
Brown Ideye is a free agent after rejecting the offer of a contract extension in Greece.

This one no Dey ever lack offer ,you can see he rejected a contract extension ,am sure the salary wasn’t much that’s why

He had rejected Trabzonspor before he even joined this team

Watch as brown ideye will join another club easily
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

This one no Dey ever lack offer ,you can see he rejected a contract extension ,am sure the salary wasn’t much that’s why

he has a good agent I guess
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
seankafor:
he has a good agent I guess

He is a good player also
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:19pm On Jul 03, 2020
But he played lots of minutes in the Championship wink
komekn:

I remember him when he first came to Liverpool from Portugal with high expectations and supposed quality pedigree.

He was so weak they sent him to the gym and then his fitness had many question marks.

He played U23 in Liverpool for so long he almost build house for the place. I don't think he ever played a game for Liverpool.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
komekn:

As a winger, you can't use Vicmo and consistency in the same Sentence. In fact, as a winger, he was a total failure from Chelsea, to westham, to Liverpool, Stoke and the worst of it all, Fenerbahce.

As a wing back, he has only had a good season, and that was under Conte at Chelsea. Things are looking good for him now under same Conte, not as a winger but as a wing back.

Vicmo as a winger is crap and he is not as good as what we have now QED

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2020
jihday:
Huh! Laliga is easier than the championship? You mean a player who wants real competition should pick the English championship over Laliga

That's not what l an saying.

La Liga is almost two or three leagues in one.

The very top Real and Barca then 3/4 clubs the mid level and then the next 10. Huge gaps in quality between each group.

Second issue is finances the larger % is all at the top level. The teams from mid table down simply don't have the finances to compete.

Have that in mind. The Championship is not as technically astute as La Liga. It is a very physically intense and fast league, not neccesarily technical.

As a consequence not every player has that physicality to compete or even the mental resilience to play under those circumstances.

However, if you can somehow learn how to play good quality technical on the deck football in that circumstance. Then you will find other leagues not so difficult. Eze and Ovie are good examples.

Physicality can at times overcome technicality but not players and teams that merge both.

I watched Tottenham get bullied by Sheffield United. I dont know, but l think they b Ave the tallest players in the EPL. Burnley ate very similar VERY HARD WORKING relying on endeavour, intensity and good old blood and guts of you ate not prepared for war do not turn up.

I just think Etebo did not like the football for whatever he did quite well initially and decided to leave, particularly under the new manager.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2020
andrewbaba44:

According to him few months back, there are offers from Asia, Turkey and the Middle East
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2020
daveP:
Tammy and Gabriel Jesus are on a barren run of goals.

Gab on 8 now
Tammy on, i cant remember.

I will remind you 13 same as Kane, Sterling and Calvert-Lewin but more than Richarlison.

I guess they are all on a barren run.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2020
Edopesin:

He should come and play for my primary school team grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2020
Point of correction, KC is the darling of a segment of this thread. You cant generalize., although they can be loud with use of so many words.

Modified
I withdraw my statement. I think say Nwakali u dey talk about lol

komekn:

The only player worthy of the title " WASTEMAN" for me is Isaac Success.

Osimhen was essentially a youth player at Wolfsburg that failed to break into the first team. The only over hype was not from football insiders but fanatical fans. Nonetheless, he took my advice, went to a lower league and reinvented himself and the rest is history. Where did l call Osimhen a flop

KC the darling of this thread has with the consideration of his transfer fee of £25 million been very dissapointing. He has essentially flopped.

What were the expectations on Aneke none, what was the transfer fee zero. He was released from Arsenal for Nothing in 2014. He went on a free transfer to Charlton, the only expectations are the ones l had and in general from his exploits in the EFL league one.

Right now Eze is doing great he cost nothing there were zero expectations. If he goes for anything above £20 million to Tottenham and he doesn't perform, he will be called a flop.

Sadiq was a huge flop at Rangers who had done little or nothing in Europe's far better leagues. He has dropped very low to find relevancy not neccesarily higher competence. Only time will tell.

Etebo, Onomah, Onyedinma, Iorfa, Maja, have not met my expectations, should l therefore label them flops

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:42pm On Jul 03, 2020
Joebie:
If you once 'failed' in the Championship, Scottish Premiership or EPL you can never get on komekn's good books again. Look as Sadiq, even if he scores 100 goals for LIlle he will never change komekn's mind.

Well let him go to Lille and score 10 l will be the first to congratulate him.

We have rising stars and falling stars and then the consistent continous shining stars, their lights never get DIM.

KC stats are not a matter of debate but people love double standards here. How can you pay £25 million for a striker and in 66 games and three seasons you have scored 8 goals in the EPL.

Unless you want to enthron Mediocrity and double standard. If he cost nothing it may be acceptable.

KC doesn't play or get enough game time because he has proven that he is simply not good enough. If he was leading line for Leicester because there was no Vardy, they will be now definitely be in the relegation zone.

And of course people will say l am biased because he is not born in the UK.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2020
Joebie:
But he played lots of minutes in the Championship wink

He did just about ok at Reading nothing exceptional.

Dominic Iorfa, Tosin Adarabioyo, Ajayi are all way ahead of him IMO.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2020
My point is a player can redeem themselves, you need to take a u-turn on your stance at that point. You can’t keep crucifying a player based on their past. We are talking “present continuous” now abi?
komekn:

Well let him go to Lille and score 10 l will be the first to congratulate him.

We have rising stars and falling stars and then the consistent continous shining stars, their lights never get DIM.

KC stats are not a matter of debate but people love double standards here. How can you pay £25 million for a striker and in 66 games and three seasons you have scored 8 goals in the EPL.

Unless you want to enthron Mediocrity and double standard. If he cost nothing it may be acceptable.

KC doesn't play or get enough game time because he has proven that he is simply not good enough. If he was leading line for Leicester because there was no Vardy, they will be now definitely be in the relegation zone.

And of course people will say l am biased because he is not born in the UK.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2020
komekn:

I said it a few days ago that VIc Moses is still relevant to our team

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 7:04pm On Jul 03, 2020
Real zaragoza vs girona 30 mintes gone
James Igbekeme is playing
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2020
Subzero047:

He should come and play for my primary school team grin
lols see you money teams dey table offers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2020
komekn:

That's not what l an saying.

La Liga is almost two or three leagues in one.

The very top Real and Barca then 3/4 clubs the mid level and then the next 10. Huge gaps in quality between each group.

Second issue is finances the larger % is all at the top level. The teams from mid table down simply don't have the finances to compete.

Have that in mind. The Championship is not as technically astute as La Liga. It is a very physically intense and fast league, not neccesarily technical.

As a consequence not every player has that physicality to compete or even the mental resilience to play under those circumstances.

However, if you can somehow learn how to play good quality technical on the deck football in that circumstance. Then you will find other leagues not so difficult. Eze and Ovie are good examples.

Physicality can at times overcome technicality but not players and teams that merge both.

I watched Tottenham get bullied by Sheffield United. I dont know, but l think they b Ave the tallest players in the EPL. Burnley ate very similar VERY HARD WORKING relying on endeavour, intensity and good old blood and guts of you ate not prepared for war do not turn up.

I just think Etebo did not like the football for whatever he did quite well initially and decided to leave, particularly under the new manager.

You go just open mouth waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw to talk rubbish with pride

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:26pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nigerian under 17 world cup winner (2013) and under 23 (2019) joins newly promoted Portuguese first Division size Vizela FC from Portimonense on a 3 year deal.

Chidera has spent 4 seasons in Portugal with Porto/Porto B/Portimonense under 23 and has been waiting to break into senior football all that while.

He joins fellow Nigerians Isah Musa, Fidelis Kuku And Francis Okoli in the side.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2020
ChrisKels:
Nigerian under 17 world cup winner (2013) and under 23 (2019) joins newly promoted Portuguese first Division size Vizela FC from Portimonense on a 3 year deal.

Chidera has spent 4 seasons in Portugal with Porto/Porto B/Portimonense under 23 and has been waiting to break into senior football all that while.

He joins fellow Nigerians Isah Musa, Fidelis Kuku And Francis Okoli in the side.

22 yrs my ass....

Yes, I'm going to play the devil's advocate
grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2020
My boy Eze. I had so much expectations for you and Musa Yahaya. I wish you all the best in your new adventure.
ChrisKels:

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:58pm On Jul 03, 2020
Danielnino00:

Sadiq did not flop at Rangers..
The only evidence you have of it is what Gerrard said about him being lazy in training..
Sadiq only got to play 4 games with Rangers totalling 161 minutes...that's hardly enough time to evaluate his performance..
And for the uptenth time,the Scottish league isn't much better than the Serbian league.. it wasn't until this year that the Scottish league moved ahead of Serbia in the UEFA coefficient.. And I can bet my balls that the likes of Rangers and Celtics won't find it easy against Partizan and Red star.. Sadiq also did well in Netherlands.. 12 games, 5 goals and 3 assists.. and it was only for 6 months.. Why do u keep using Scotland to judge him? There is absolutely nothing special about the Scottish league for it to be used as a yardstick to judge any player..

As for Osimhen, we remember how much you ridiculed him while he was struggling at Wolfsburg...you even said he won't make the first team of a championship club..If that isn't tagging him a flop, [/b]I don't know what it is..

Let me reiterate my position at [b]THAT TIME

Sadiq when at Rangers was disgracefully very poor. You could not get much lower. The final nail in his coffin at Rangers was when he was playing in a U23 match, he was substituted and Dapo 17 year old teenager came on too replace him. And then promptly scores a hat trick. In this regard he flopped totally amongst other disgraceful antics.

You don't have a right to play you earn the right to play by what you do in training then when you play, If you perform.
. Sadiq did nothing to justify game time.

You like bringing up the past. Many of you had hyped the teenage Osimhen like a world class striker, based on U17 youth football glories. He was essentially a youth player that could not break into the Wolfsburg first team. Nothing special or new.

Again at that time, He was not good enough and definitely not good enough AT THAT TIME to get into the Championship and would struggle AT THAT TIME to cut it at a top academy. That was my position at THAT TIME.

Can you please reiterate my open advise to him on this forum AT THAT TIME. If you wish to be balanced and not prejudiced.

If that's your definition of tagging a player a flop, then you have strange methodology.

For me being tagged by your club as a flop, WASTEMAN, not good enough is not a bad thing. If you accept it then you can correct it, if you deny it, you will become it.

The admittance of FAILURE is the beginning of SUCCESS.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:02pm On Jul 03, 2020
Joebie:
My point is a player can redeem themselves, you need to take a u-turn on your stance at that point. You can’t keep crucifying a player based on their past. We are talking “present continuous” now abi?

But that's the point he has been consistently and continously poor.

15 games and 4 goals is still far from outstanding it's not even average it's poor. He will not get much more game time because he simply doesn't deserve it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:07pm On Jul 03, 2020
Girona takes the lead against Zaragoza. 1-0. Igbekeme subbed off, 80minutes played
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:16pm On Jul 03, 2020
Nnamdi Oforborh scored for Wycombe in the league 1 playoffs, scores currently 2-1 in favor of Wycombe

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:18pm On Jul 03, 2020
ChrisKels:

Chidera is more experienced than all these Nigerians in this club. Imagine none of them played up to 3 matches...one even played for 5 minutes..the entire season

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8861) (8862) (8863) (8864) (8865) (8866) (8867) ... (16116) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Danielnino00(m), comodo, Hanibal(m), mank1234(m), Philosopher1979, chrisooblog and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.