Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8890) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11579611 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8887) (8888) (8889) (8890) (8891) (8892) (8893) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:46am On Jul 06, 2020
Starboytwo:
nobody fear them Bros except in spain

The last time I checked they kick Manchester United out from the champions league cheesy

I guess you are a man united fans and you still Dey vex

They won Europa League 3 times in a roll

If they are feared in Spain they would have won the laliga grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:53am On Jul 06, 2020
Starboytwo:
only in la liga person chop 4 goals still collect man of the match grin grin laugh wan kill me for here...

"Dem no dey mark, Dem no fit mark, Dem dey fear hahaha".

After they don HYPE the match sotey we con dey anticipate proceeding, na only " Dem no dey mark, Dem no fit mark, Dem no Sabi, one team dey do training, sotey dey con dey pray say make Dem no quality to represent them again, la liga people wee not kill me finish, hahahah...

Nobody hype any match na because say dem wan watch Chukwueze and it’s normal nah because na our naija player

Messi was man of the Match and not the keeper

Epl wey one team don win since grin

Shebi una sabi insult barca to win league before e end

Las las Liverpool go collect 100 points cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:56am On Jul 06, 2020
benji93:
Villareal no serious. You no get top tier frontline, you dey wan play entertaining football. He be like say winning no be their priority unless against sides outside the top 3. You know see the way Athletico dey play una?Krikra. grin. Compact, even with a good and balanced team.

Una Dey expect Villarreal to win barca right ? That’s why you guys expected much

Can you believe that Diego simeone has never won Barcelona in laliga ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 06, 2020
Subzero047:
Dele Alampasu makes team of the week in Latvia

Thank God he is coming up grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 9:15am On Jul 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:
Na wa o so player Dey suffer 3 years injury abi I no hear wetin dem talk about Bruno Soriano well ?

Baba been dae injury since 2017.

Was thinking he don hang boot only for him to comeback last 3 weeks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:18am On Jul 06, 2020
Utonwanne:

Baba been dae injury since 2017.

Was thinking he don hang boot only for him to comeback last 3 weeks

Wow

Dude is strong oooo

Coming back stronger at 36
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:44am On Jul 06, 2020
Lionel Messi for Barcelona against Villarreal:
❍ Most touches (113)
❍ Most duels (10)
❍ Most chances created (6)
❍ Most shots (4)
❍ Most take-ons completed (2)
❍ Most assists (2)
Chukwueze for Villarreal against Barcelona
❍ 3 Shots (Most by any Villarreal player)
❍ 69% Pass success
❍ 1 Dribble
❍ Dispossessed (2)
❍ 46 Touches (only Anguissa and Moreno had more)

you don't see chukwueze having more shots very often

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:56am On Jul 06, 2020
Lol.... So you've seen that clip too. Indeed you follow the crazy duo. It appears Nacho made an empty threat. grin

Happy new week man.

elunico:

You mean, up till now, Iheanacho never still break that phone?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2020
You are right. It was in the Russian Premier League. And no it wasn't last week. It was on June 19. Just last month. Sochi bashed Rostov in a league game 10-1 and the 17yrs old Rostov keeper, Popov made like 15 saves. A record for most saves made in a Russian PL game they claimed. He was given MOTM.

The thing is Rostov had six players infected with the coronavirus so their entire first team had to be quarantined. They asked Sochi for a postponement and even wrote the FA but Sochi refused and insisted on the game being played as planned. This made Rostov field 17-19 yr olds from their youth set-up and they got baptised in fire real good. Lol

But that lad Popov was outstanding.

2lola:

There was a league match last week were the keeper conceded 10 goals and still won MOTM
I think the league is a top 10 league can't remember the league

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:07am On Jul 06, 2020
I have reported this before pages ago but I gotta do so again b'cos there are strong rumors of Ostersunds' young Nigerian, Attah Jordan Kadiri close to securing a move to Belgium. Specifically to Club Brugges. Time will tell if this pulls through.

Meanwhile, he is expected to be in action later today for his side in the Swedish Allsvenskan against Mjallby.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:19am On Jul 06, 2020
Thoughts?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:49am On Jul 06, 2020
edi287:
Thoughts?

The way I see this, he may just end up staying one more season in lille grin grin

Napoli may feel he is taking them for a ride and pull out from the deal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:54am On Jul 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Simon plays in the ligue 1 and he got 8 goals and 9 assists.. please in which season did Moses get 8 goals and 9 assists in the premier league as a winger ?

Onyekuru managed to score 16 goals in the Turkish league playing as a winger, Moses was in that same league,how many goals did he score please ?

Moses is an average player as much as the other players we have in the team...he is no way an upgrade..
We should focus on getting younger and well talented players like Ejuke,Eze and Saka into the team and not asking Moses to come out of retirement...
He has nothing new to offer ...

So why is this Vic M who you describe as average able to go from the retirement league of Turkey leave Onyekuru there and jump to Inter Milan.

French league one is not on the level of Seria A and or the EPL. Why has Simon built in seem permanent house their.

Onyekuru and Simon can only dream if attaining the level of Vic M. for now they are far away.

Age is not the deciding factor in football but outstanding consistent performance in the HERE and NOW.

How old are Barcelona core top performing players and how old is Vic M for goodness sake . You are being emotive not objective.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:59am On Jul 06, 2020
Joebie:
Na the money be the benchmark? Na that one go determine his eligibility for call up to SE? You seem to forget why we are in this thread.

Will u rather call up an unproven league 1 or Championship player? Will you say Maja is ahead based on his past exploits in League one? Kome, KC’s numbers is one of the best we have and it’s not poor. It’s above average because we are talking EPL.

Your question is ambiguous and l can't get your meaning.

What do you mean by unproven

Josh Maja was the top goal scorer in league one before he left, but for me he has stagnated in the French league. He has not moved on it shown true quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
Westham interested in mikel obi

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
2lola:

There was a league match last week were the keeper conceded 10 goals and still won MOTM
I think the league is a top 10 league can't remember the league

That should be Russia..
Rostov vs one club like that...
But it was the youth team of Rostov that played the game...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Wether Osimhen decides to move or stay is fine by me

He prolly dey see wetin we no dey see hence his reluctance

I would advise him to leave.

French league is very erratic and apart from PSG, Monaco most teams seem to be inconsistent too me.

Next season Osimhen will be well known to everyone and it will not be as easy for him. Add to that Lille like to sell not build. And as a result the players that helped him rise to these levels may be gone.

He could find himself struggling and all the accolades if this season no longer associated with him and forgotten.

Strike while the iron is hot, my view.

He will get a very lucrative 5 year deal that will settle him for life he can build from Napoli. It will not be easy but life is about challenges.

Look at Lille top scorer in the 2018/19 Jonathan Bamba with 13 goals and look at how many he scored this season.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
elyte89:
cool

It starts with Nigerian agents, the NFF and yes Amaju.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
edi287:
Thoughts?

If this news is true,then maybe it's like Osimhen isn't really keen on joining Napoli...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
Edopesin:

Yes but when they do attempt crossing it's almost never accurate

This is true .

I forgotten the tall Iroko tree player we had in one of the games but not a single cross to make use of his height.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
daveP:

Did you just say stats arent entirely conclusive? Wooooooow.

Match Impact
Match Influence

Goal/game
Goal ratio

Im glad this came from you.

By this, you need apologize for the way you describe Nacho then.

Chuks too impacts that Villa team despite the stats.

New benchmark by you. I hope to use it going forward.

KC is a forward, doesn't have the technical ability and or speed to play Wing.

Is not a skilful enough to play with any degree of guile to play as an SS. Certainly is not a AM.

So tell me something that he does beyond poaching that brings outstanding quality to the team. He is not like Firminho in Liverpool.

If he doesn't play he is not missed.

If Vardy, Ndidi, Chilwell, Maddison don't play the difference is clear.

So what are we to commend him for, Being lucky

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
timay:

This Nketiah is a comedian. It's not as if he will get England call up before. If at all Southgate wants to add a new striker to the national team, Greenwood go enter first before them even look his side.

Even in Ghana, he won't go and bench Jordan Ayew na grin grin

That Greenwood boy is on another level 18 years old and claiming position in Manchester United is not easy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
andrewbaba44:
So it took Jamie Vardy only 5 seasons to reach 100 epl goals ?

While it took Chelsea legend Didier Drogba 8 seasons with more games to reach 100 epl goals also

Jamie Vardy is one of the most underrated striker in the world ,that’s if he is not the most underrated

Yakubu is the most underrated Nigeria striker ever ,we should not forget that this dude has 95 epl goals just behind Drogba and adebayor but Nigerians only care about speaking bad of him because of the South Korea miss as if dem go win that World Cup

Can l ask and how old is Vardy according to many here he is too old.

At his age he has some crazy pace, without him Leicester will be below mid table no arguement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:36pm On Jul 06, 2020
forgiveness:

Stop fooling yourself. Victor Moses was crucial to Chelsea winning the EPL. Is Chuks crucial for Villarreal winning the la Liga?

Even at the national team level, Chuks has not done what Vicmo did. Until then. Let's discuss.

Agreed without reservation or question

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
Blueelf:

Bros, I think he is talking about Moses attitude in/to the National Team as shit and not that he is a player with shitty ability.

There is a saying what goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room.

Unless you are in that dressing room you really cannot be making these wilde negative assumptions.

And even when you are in that dressing room it's your perception it's not a fact.

Things I have been told that go on thier many of you will not believe and that's from individual players past and present.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:42pm On Jul 06, 2020
Kog45:
Nerd Walahi u like wahala.

Abeg u just have to read some posts and move on

How on earth would someone described Victor Moses a shit player and started rating rookies like Chuckwueze,Kalu who have not done anything for eagles.

I remember it was here we are telling them that Moses Smon is a better player than Kalu Samuel. By

Damn too funny to see some stats guys always bringing out to analyse players.

Victor Moses started his career in EPL for God sake not backwater leagues were Kalu,Simeon Moses started,even talented Chuckwueze has not done anything to be compared to Victor Moses.

No wonder some don't even rate Musa a four WC goals scorer,telling us that unproven Kalu,Oyekwuru,Chuckwueze,Simeon are better.

When chips are down we know the real Super eagles players who aways rise to the occasion when we needed them most,they deserve little respect.

The likes of Chuckwueze,Oyekwuru,Kalu,Simeon need to convince us more cos we have seen better wingers like SegunOdegbami,Adokiye Aimesemeka,Felix Owolabi Humphery Edebor, George Finidi,Tijani Babanginda Emmanuel Amuneke,Victor Ikpeba,Victor Moses and Ahmed Musa.

Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 12:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Lol.... So you've seen that clip too. Indeed you follow the crazy duo. It appears Nacho made an empty threat. grin

Happy new week man.

Really crazy duo those lads are, little wonder Vardy expressed interest in learning the pidgin English.

Big wins to you this new week bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

The bolded isn't a valid argument..
Moses had the privilege of growing up in England,hence he was able to get into an English club academy and start his career there like most of his peers.. The likes or Kalu,Simon, Chukwueze and Onyekuru meanwhile started from the streets and the academy..
They have been able to work their way from the bottom and gradually going to the top..
Look at Simon for example, from Slovakia to Belgium to Spain and now France... Same with Kalu.. Chukwueze from Villarreal B to Villarreal main team and now attracting interest from big teams .. Onyekuru from Qatar to Belgium to Turkey and now France.
These boys may not have done nothing special for super eagles yet,but please don't belittle them... They have what it takes to be better than Moses and all those past wingers you mentioned there..

Just like those past players you mentioned,Moses has played his part for the team.. he helped us win the AFCON, he helped us qualify for the world cup.. He has done well!
Just like Mikel and Enyeama,they should be allowed to enjoy their retirement in peace while we give opportunity to the news boys in the team..

New is certainly not a measurement of better and in the context of Nigeria new is not neccesarily younger.

So because you went to a better school you should step aside for those who went to a poor school and had to struggle to get to your level.

You are being prejudiced and pushing forward double standard that's bigoted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Elder Uncle Kog, I greet u. I just wanted to balance things really.

Victor Moses remains the best winger we had in the last decade (2010 - 2019). Absolutely no debate about that. He deserves some
huge respect abeg.

Also, right now, what he has achieved has not been attained or surpassed yet by any of our current young wingers.

I must admit though that the current wingers like Chukwueze, Simon, Kalu, Ejuke, Bonaventure, Onyekuru still have their best years in front of them and are all still upcoming.

One or maybe two of them could end up matching or surpassing Victor Moses' legacy of achievements with the Super Eagles and at club level and a few of them like Chuks truly have world class potentials to be much more but they are still growing so UNTIL THEN, we must accept that FOR NOW, Victor Moses is their boss on the wings.

This is my submission.

On this occasion l can find reason to agree with you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 12:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
edi287:
Thoughts?

I've always known he would favor a move to the EPL, reason why he's stalling. Whatever decision he makes eventually, I hope it's the right one.

It's not as if any of those teams had been serious about acquiring his services.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Blueelf:

If Rohr calls him and he accepts, all well and good

How old is he that he should retire so soon

Una go dey look unto those innit boys wey no dey ready to play for Naija and mistreat una own

Bad belle this is quasi bigoted tribalism.

So because you are born in the UK you are less Nigerian, according to the substance of your words.

Assumptive negative prejudice and dislike.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
JayromWrites:

Full name: Dapo Mebude
Club: Rangers

A very good striker, his stock has risen since his extraordinary feaf of scoring a hat trick as a sub

infact, rumors has it that Rangers rejected a bid of 50 million pounds from a big club in spain for the striker as they see him as one for the future

He is so good that he has featured for rangers just Once this season..

Newsflash: He has scored 3 goals for Rangers Reserve this season!!!

With the right mentorship, he will cat-walk into top teams in Europe

Wow l did not know that, you should highlight him more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8887) (8888) (8889) (8890) (8891) (8892) (8893) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.