Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,807 members, 7,806,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8892) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11564895 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8889) (8890) (8891) (8892) (8893) (8894) (8895) ... (16111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
"Osimhen is a footballer we are interested in. Can next week be the right week to define the purchase? Let's see"

Napoli Sporting Director on Sky Sports
Giuntoli Cristiano

I like that Osimhen is taking his time with this, His future is literally on the line
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2020

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
Nigerian players expected/likely to be in action today across Europe

EPL

Alexander Iwobi (Everton) vs Tottenham Hotspurs - Away game.

Spanish Segunda

James Igbekeme (Zaragoza) vs Rayo Vallecano - Home game.

Swedish Allsvenskan

✔Battle of our two best youngsters in Sweden:

Ishaq Abdulrazak (Norrkoping) vs Alhassan Yusuf (IFK Goteborg) - Home game for Ishaq.

Attah Kadiri Jordan (Ostersunds FK) vs Mjallby - Home game.

EFL League One Promotion Playoffs- Battle for Championship promotion ticket

✔ Second leg, Semi finals.

Nnamdi Ofoborh, Fred Onyedinma and **Adebayo Akinfenwa (Wycombe Wanderers) vs Fleetwood Town - Home game.

Nnamdi's side leads 4-1 from the first leg away.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
Edopesin:
Osimhen-Napoli, Venerated: 'Koulibaly reassured him on the theme of racism

OSIMHEN NAPLES - The Rai transfer market expert Ciro Venerato, took stock of the Osimhen negotiation on CalcioNapoli24 TV microphones:

“Today begins the week of Osimhen, from his entourage they tell me that he has not yet said yes to Naples but already today or tomorrow he could finally accept the blue offer. After direct contact with Koulibaly who came to the idea that the racism problem in Italy is limited to a few idiots. There is still no agreement between Naples and Lille, at this time we are talking and knowing their respective requests and offers. Lille asked for 80 million, Napoli will not spend that money and thinks about the 50-60 million plus bonus, without inserting Ounas as a counterpart"

gonfialarete .com/2020/07/06/osimhen-napoli-venerato-koulibaly-lo-ha-rassicurato-sul-tema-del-razzismo/

Translated from Italian

Subzero047

This is my own "But" in this whole matter

Napoli is a good club and they want him badly

But will Italy want him?

Meaning this racism issue.. Can Osimhen battle it the way both Obagoal and VicMo did it?

We don't need any psychological issues for his growth right now.

Just my concerns though.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
humility33:

even Lille president told him..that Napoli will be the best for him.

the claim of racism is just being used as an excuse to turn down the deal...

same league Pogba launched his career and many other black players are doing fine... there is racism everywhere but for an Italian club to spend this money on you it shows they really know your worth...

You need to see all over YouTube and Twitter Napoli fans won't let him rest begging him to come play for them.

Seeing the ill-advised move he made to Wolfsburg, we'll see if he'll make a bad move here.

Bit I think Nigerian media are being used to start a bidding war as reported some days ago.

TheLoneCitizen:
Details of the Osimhen deal unfurling:

French media are reporting that Lille are unhappy about Osimhen's travel to Naples because they've not agreed on a fee with Napoli, but this was their same reports about Nicolas Pepe. Osimhen's entourage say they have taken permission. Osimhen doesn't seem convinced by the deal because of the lure of the EPL and fear of racism in Italy. But Gattuso in yesterday's dinner showed him the technical project and Koulibaly is reported to have allayed his fears of racism.

Napoli wants to understand Osimhen's will before talking to Lille. The deal is said to be complicated because it will be a part exchange. Lille like Adam Ounas and Napoli are offering 40-50M plus the player and Osimhen will earn € 2.5 million net per season, plus 500,000 bonuses. Today Osimhen will meet with the Napoli Chairman, Aurelio De Laurentiis, in Capri.
ENGLISH CLUBS ARE interested but have made no offers, so Lille are reluctant because they want a bidding war.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I don't know how else to explain. I do not watch win or lose but how well the team played. I also try to know where we faulted and how to remedy the situation.

For instance, I feel the main pointer was how rusty Fernandinho is operating in the defensive midfield role. We missed the fluidity of Gundogan and it told.

Also Foden needs to learn how to operate deeper. Unlike De Bruyne and Silva who helped in build up, he was more interested in attacking gaps with reduced our fluidity breaking the defence down. Towards the end, Foden did more but still was not involved a lot.

Solution I feel would have been to take off Fernandinho and move Zinchenko there. Maybe Guardiola was not prepared to risk it because of the ruggedity Fernandinho brings to the defence.

Finally, the high points for City for me were the amount of chances we created. Shows we can still cause problems. Also was how unbelievably gifted Eric Garcia is. He had a very impressive game, save for a passing error which almost led to a goal.

The competitivness of the EPL is simply uncontested among top leagues of Europe.

Southampton beating Man City after they just flogged Liverpool.

This will not happen in La Liga, Bundesliga and or Seria A not even in French league one.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
daveP:

But will Italy want him?

Meaning this racism issue.. Can Osimhen battle it the way both Obagoal and VicMo did it?

Just my concerns though.

We cannot deny it(racism) isn't an issue in Italy, Let's hope Osimhen can look away and play football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
ChrisKels:

Though it doesn't come often, but you really can make sense sometimes bro.

I agree with everything you wrote up there, whole heartedly. Even Monaco is run like an academy. All ligue1 clubs are selling clubs, bar PSG. You just cant stick out your neck for any of them, they are never stable.

You have said it the way I feel. Komekn can produce that stunning screamer of a goal no one sees coming sometimes. And it's always a pleasure to watch those "sometimes"... wink Only issue be say he can be as inconsistent as Solanke. grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

You have said it the way I feel. Komekn can produce that stunning screamer of a goal no one sees coming sometimes. And it's always a pleasure to watch those "sometimes"... wink Only issue be say he can be as inconsistent as Solanke. grin

I swear down

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:08pm On Jul 06, 2020
Subzero047:
Dele Alampasu makes team of the week in Latvia

I know it's good to talk about our boys.

But there are some league that just don't justify the mention. Latvia league is almost 40 in Europe.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
komekn:

But there are some league that just don't justify the mention. Latvia league is almost 40 in Europe.

The guy is a SE player and we will talk about him, do you have a problem with that?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
komekn:

lmfao

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Uhmmm, Lille's top scorer in 2018/2019 was not Jonathan Bamba. It was Nicolas pepe.

I omitted the letter "a" inadvertently because everyone knows it was Pepe.

Look at "a" Lille top scorer in the 2018/19 Jonathan Bamba with 13 goals.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:20pm On Jul 06, 2020
Uhmm.... Perhaps you can say that about the outfield players in Latvia. No wahala. But in Dele's case, he is a goalie. Not many African goalies in the top flight of various European leagues. You know that. So Dele making Team of the week in Latvia is good for mention, discussion and shows he is resurrecting his career gradually. He can always bag a decent move from there if all goes well.

And yes, Latvia is close to #40. It is indeed a backwater league. I agree. The league is ranked #37 actually but at least, it's rated higher than 18 others in Europe in its backwater league class. grin For an African goalie, it's not so bad especially seeing how little of them actually are in European top flight football.

You can see that the TOTW has about two other Nigerians or so, but the focus was specifically on the goalie, Dele. So that's the perspective here.

Even Uzoho went to Cyprus. Although that one is ranked far higher than Latvia.

komekn:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
Alright, point taken.

komekn:

I omitted the letter "a" inadvertently because everyone knows it was Pepe.

Look at "a" Lille top scorer in the 2018/19 Jonathan Bamba with 13 goals.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
Joebie:
Make we no talk long story. Will u take Maja’s league 1 stats over KC’s stats today, with a view to an SE invitation today? Simple yes or no.

Stats are indicative and not conclusive.

I would have to look at players individual attributes and relate them to the team philosophy and strategy.

Then how are those goals scored are they lucky tap ins. Or does he dribble past 3/4 players use pace and then with pin point ferocity score from 25 yards.

In this regard I've seen what KC can do but not Maja and my pick would be Maja added to the fact that 15 goals from 24 games is not ewah and dodo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
Said Benrama, clearly the best player in the Championship. Dude is single handedly getting Brentford back to the EPL

https://twitter.com/BnsComps/status/1279863765064957954?s=20

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
komekn:

Bad belle this is quasi bigoted tribalism.

So because you are born in the UK you are less Nigerian, according to the substance of your words.

Assumptive negative prejudice and dislike.

All this your big grammar doesn't change the fact that Tomori and Tammy rejected Naija (people you claimed were more Nigerian than us) and til today, Ebere Eze still dey play kalo Kali dey hope say southgate go look him side

I stand by what I side, call it whatever you like. Its your opinion, phone/laptop and data

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
komekn:

There is a saying what goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room.

Unless you are in that dressing room you really cannot be making these wilde negative assumptions.

And even when you are in that dressing room it's your perception it's not a fact.

Things I have been told that go on thier many of you will not believe and that's from individual players past and present.

I noticed that you don't read and follow through the entire argument without posting and hence, you come off as ill-mannered.

I don't have the time to explain my stance to you. Go and read what I and soetanoreoluwa talked about yesterday. Then, open your buccal cavity and rant as you like
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:52pm On Jul 06, 2020
komekn:

I would have to look at players individual attributes and relate them to the team philosophy and strategy.

Then how are those goals scored are they lucky tap ins. Or does he dribble past 3/4 players use pace and then with pin point ferocity score from 25 yards.

In this regard I've seen what KC can do but not Maja and my pick would be Maja added to the fact that 15 goals from 24 games is not ewah and dodo.

For an invitation today, as clearly stated by joebie, you would take a stat of last two seasons over a stat of this season? A stat in the league1 over a stat in the epl?

As an analyst, if you were a cup of beer...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
kikikikiki
komekn:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
There's No £70m Difference Between Saka And Pepe' - Tim Sherwood cheesy

Speaking on  Premier League Productions, Sherwood stated : "He knows he is capable of doing moments like that, I think he's got the game time because of his versatility.

"When he saw Pepe come in the door, he must have thought, 'Wow am I ever going to play', but let me tell you there is no £70 million difference between that kid Saka and Pepe, nowhere near.

"And in fact they should have saved their money and just develop that young boy because they have a manager now who wants to look at the academy.,

"Look at how many of them have come up - Willock, who's coming off the bench, Maitland-Niles- so many of these kids now.

"Just like Chelsea have done, the kids are there in all these clubs, just give them a chance to play."

Play for 9ja this guy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
NAPOLI OR ARSENAL

Osimhen vs Milik vs Aubameyang

Age- 21 x 26 x 31

G+A/90- 0.668 x 0.629 x 0.688 - Aubameyang

Shots/90 - 3.2 x 3.0 x 2.6 Osimhen

Shots on Target/90 - 1.3 x 0.8 x 1.2 Osimhen

Key passes/90 - 0.8 x 0.5 x 0.7 Osimhen

Aerials Won/90 - 4.4 x 1.5 x 0.8 Osimhen

Pass accuracy - 61.4% x 82.9% x 72% Milik

Shot creation action/90 - 1.73 x 2.4 x 1.67 Milik

Dribbles/90 - 0.6 x 0.5 x 0.5 Osimhen

Offside/90 - 1.2 x 0.5 x 0.5 Milik/Aubameyang

MOTM Awards - 4 x 4 x 2 Osimhen/Milik

Player ratings - 7.14 x 7.0 x 7.05 Osimhen

Any club will do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2020
daveP:

But will Italy want him?

Just my concerns though.

so in Spain there is no racism?
same Italy have the highest number of Africa immigrants and have over the years given some of the notably Africans most Nigerians the Italian passport...something the UK rarely do.... despite the economic contribution of Nigeria to the British economy.

the English press have a way of painting the English in good light whereas they racist to the core too..

same Spain know for racism a black man have coached a team in the la liga where as in England even their coloured ex-international's don't even stand a chance not even a black goal keeper

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 3:25pm On Jul 06, 2020
Subzero047:

The guy is a SE player and we will talk about him, do you have a problem with that?

he wanna give you the name of an unknown innit goal keeper in Europe so that we can start to worship and asslick him.... just like we did towards Tomori and Tammy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
Lugano boss Jacobacci disappointed with Sasere’s wasted opportunity against Young Boys

The Nigerian forward was handed his first start at Stade de Suisse since teaming up with the Swiss side but could not help them to avoid defeat
Lugano manager Maurizio Jacobacci has expressed his disappointment after Franklin Sasere missed a glorious chance in their 3-0 defeat to Young Boys in Sunday’s Swiss Super League game.

Ivorian midfielder Yao Eloge Koffi scored two own goals in the encounter before Mohamed Camara wrapped up the victory.

Sasere joined the Cornaredo Stadium outfit last summer from Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) side Sunshine Stars on a three-year deal.

The forward has since struggled for game time, having only featured in five league games for the side since his arrival in Switzerland.

The forward was afforded his first start at Stade de Suisse but failed to make the most of the opportunity and wasted the few chances that came his way before he was replaced in the 46th minute.

When asked about Sasere’s missed chance in the encounter, Jacobacci expressed his displeasure at the situation.

“As for wasted opportunities, there is a bit of anger, because with a little more calmness, at least one of those goal-bound efforts could and should have been scored,” Jacobacci told the club website.

“Then it is true after conceding two goals that it is difficult to come back into the game and claim three points with a team like Young Boys".

The loss is their 11th in this campaign which ensured they dropped to seventh on the Super League table after gathering 33 points from 28 games.

Sasere is yet to open his account in the Super League and has only managed seven appearances across all competitions.

The former Ifeanyi Ubah player will hope to get a chance to play a part when Lugano take on St. Gallen in their next league game on Thursday.

--goal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
Also, Tolu Arokodare grin and a couple more
Subzero047:
Dele Alampasu makes team of the week in Latvia

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
komekn:

The competitivness of the EPL is simply uncontested among top leagues of Europe.

Southampton beating Man City after they just flogged Liverpool.

This will not happen in La Liga, Bundesliga and or Seria A not even in French league one.

Guy, I like u ooo but u too deh overhype tinz. Similar tin happened across top league in Europe this season. Real betis won Madrid immediately after the Classico showdown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
If Alampasu keeps this up, he will usurp Akpeyi and Uzoho in the goalkeeping pecking order. I hope Rohr is watching closely grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
Real Zaragoza welcome Rayo Vallecano today. A draw will be enough for the Zaragozans to claim the 2nd spot in the Spanish second tier. Huesca lost away to Deportivo yesterday with Kelechi Nwakali MIA for the fourth consecutive time. However James Igbekeme started and lasted 69 minutes for Zaragoza in their away loss to to Girona last week Friday. Find his stats from that game below. Wishing both teams promotion to the elite division.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
Well, not that easy. At least get an invitation ahead of Ezenwa.

Bolowolowo:
If Alampasu keeps this up, he will usurp Akpeyi and Uzoho in the goalkeeping pecking order. I hope Rohr is watching closely grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
Edopesin:
Osimhen-Napoli, Venerated: 'Koulibaly reassured him on the theme of racism

OSIMHEN NAPLES - The Rai transfer market expert Ciro Venerato, took stock of the Osimhen negotiation on CalcioNapoli24 TV microphones:

“Today begins the week of Osimhen, from his entourage they tell me that he has not yet said yes to Naples but already today or tomorrow he could finally accept the blue offer. After direct contact with Koulibaly who came to the idea that the racism problem in Italy is limited to a few idiots. There is still no agreement between Naples and Lille, at this time we are talking and knowing their respective requests and offers. Lille asked for 80 million, Napoli will not spend that money and thinks about the 50-60 million plus bonus, without inserting Ounas as a counterpart"

gonfialarete .com/2020/07/06/osimhen-napoli-venerato-koulibaly-lo-ha-rassicurato-sul-tema-del-razzismo/

Translated from Italian

Subzero047

I just want him to train with Koulibaly. That would help his career alot

(1) (2) (3) ... (8889) (8890) (8891) (8892) (8893) (8894) (8895) ... (16111) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Eligreat247, kendrick9(m), TheGoodJoe(m), opes, Philosopher1979, iamdynamite(m), Oasis007(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.