Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,596 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8964) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11532816 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8961) (8962) (8963) (8964) (8965) (8966) (8967) ... (16095) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:14pm On Jul 16, 2020
do4luv14:

Woah........ Thanks alot for this info bros, thank you for reaching out to all of us here with it,

but, bro nah small phone am using, can't whatsapp, so how do I ask my question?

Somebody should holla Afobear, and that Kaduna guy ooooo

You can send an sms or mail
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
With FC Liefering/Salzburg II, I believe he will. He has to rise through the Salzburg ranks from there. Glad he has finally landed this move "Officially".

jihday:
Hope he get to start games

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
jihday:

This boy dun fresh over night

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:25pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I don't think I misquoted you at all. I clearly said you cannot compare Turkey and Italy on anything. Hope you saw that clearly. ANYTHING. So whether it's quality or competitiveness, they are both worlds apart. Tu comprends?

Lol... You could have gone on naa... Why stop at the common Goals, Clean sheets and assists stats? I mentioned their xG stats too did I not? How about Points per match made by a player? Can you get that via livescores? grin How about Non-penalty goals per 90? Look man, you just love to drag talk. Admit it. Fbref does cover enough of the Belgian league statistically. So that debunks your ignorant comment. Stop this running around to salvage a wrong statement and own up that you missed it. Simple.

And yes, the 9.47 dribbles per 90 makes a whole lot of sense. I didn't want to expand much on it initially but I did. I added more info about it to my comment. So you would have to read that part again for extra clarity.
In 2019/2020, He made 9.47dribble attempts a game. But his successful dribble rate is 6.15 dribbles per 90. Higher than the dribble attempts per 90 of several others not to make mention of their successful dribble rate.

And I just told you "Footballanalysis.com". Don't be lazy. I did that on purpose. Go to Google and search it out for yourself and explore a new world of a stats site that actually covers Belgium like Fbref does. grin I cannot do all the homework for you. You should be glad I am showing you something you actually never knew until now. But you must also make effort to get all of it. That way, you will appreciate it better. So Come on now... Go on.

And finally please, stop making that ignorant comment. Fbref is one of the world's renowned football stats site and they follow the Belgian week in, week out. Footballanalysis is yet another. Enough of the ignorance. Time to be enlightened okay. It doesn't hurt to learn. wink

There's a player in England National League South called Jamie Ried, his point per match is 1.5. Which site? Calculated myself.

You are excited about points per match, the easiest Stat to calculate in football. Van Dijk has played all 36 of Liverpool games, in all these games, they've gotten 93 points. Total points(93) ÷ Total games(36) = points per match 2.58.

Let's check fbref... Oh it's the same thing. I'm a genius, right? Nonsense.

And brothers do you believe that Dennis dribbles 6+ players per game more than Messi and Neymar.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:29pm On Jul 16, 2020
Joebie:
Adebayo Akinfenwa's passion for Nigeria is as strong as it is for Liverpool
Ed Dove | ESPN

Wycombe Wanderers hero Adebayo Akinfenwa may be famous being the strongest player on FIFA, and for his joshing with Liverpool coach Jurgen Klopp, but few people are familiar with the striker's passion and enduring love for the Nigeria Super Eagles.

Born in London of Nigerian descent, Akinfenwa's relationship with the Super Eagles stretches back to their debut World Cup appearance in 1994, when the team's performance helped the now-38-year-old understand the value of embracing the culture of his ancestry.

Akinfenwa is unequivocal about the influence that football can have for the Nigerian diaspora, and for the expression of individual identity for Nigerians outside of their land of origin today.

"I remember the 1994 World Cup, the Super Eagles with [Daniel] Amokachi, Jay-Jay Okocha and [Rashidi] Yekini like it was yesterday," he told ESPN. "It was such an immense feeling, coming up against Argentina, and I can remember that World Cup being amazing for Nigeria.

"It leaves an impression, and what I loved the most was the fact that you saw our culture, when they scored; and those celebrations, you saw the colours.

"So as a Nigerian [I saw to] never be afraid to embrace your culture, to let people know what your culture is, and I don't shy away from who I am. Everything I do, I let [people] see who I am and I don't shy away from being me; that's what I take away from 1994 and 1998.

"That was what I got from it, as a youngster, going into manhood; that was what I was able to take from watching the Super Eagles."

For Akinfenwa, the Super Eagles' representation of Nigeria in international football and on the global stage has been a vehicle for a visible modern Nigerian identity to blossom among the nation's diaspora in Europe and beyond.

He also hailed Everton and Nigeria attacker Alex Iwobi, a Super Eagles international raised in London, as being representative of this current expression of modern global Nigerian identity.

Akinfenwa added: "There are changing times, different generations, different mindsets, and from the Amokachis, the Yekinis, the Jay-Jay Okochas, cultural representation has changed now, to the way you're looking at Iwobi, and it's the new-age generation, the new-age culture.

"To be fair, it's always been there, but now there's a vehicle and an avenue where it all gets put together, and you get to see it.

"[Nigerian musicians] Burna Boy and Davido come down and you see the young Nigerian boys in their concerts, you see them watching them and then you see them watching the games, and it's all now moving together."

Already recognised beyond the English lower leagues for his FIFA fame, Akinfenwa made headlines again when he was part of the Wycombe side that defeated Oxford United 2-1 in the League One playoff final on Monday.

In a cheeky post-match interview, the forward invited Klopp to contact him to celebrate the Chairboys' success, and the Premier League-winning coach duly obliged, sending Akinfenwa a congratulatory WhatsApp message.

While Akinfenwa can now look forward to playing in the Championship, at 38, the prospect of an international career may be beyond him.

However, the imposing frontman notes that he was aware of one campaign to get him a maiden Super Eagles cap.

"I had [interest] when I was young," he told ESPN.

"I was 21 when I hooked up with [former England striker of Nigerian origin] John Fashanu; there was talk then, but Nigeria are always blessed with great strikers so it was harder for me.

"I know there was a campaign one time to try and get me out there, but they weren't really feeling me and that... maybe they haven't got a kit that can fit me."

grin grin grin funny ending
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Vardy carries the ball over a progressive distance of 60m while Iheanacho does this over a distance of 90m per match.
To illustrate better, against Arsenal Vardy had 19 touches over 90mins while Iheanacho who played 58mins had 21 touches.

And, TheSuperNerd, stop bragging like you discovered fbref, when I used "progressive distance" Stat, I used fbref.

I still respect you, brother, but I'm surprised at your pride.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Anyway, I guess you are right shaa. The Covid was definitely gonna affect some teams' momentum. And it surely has affected Lazio too. They have done well for themselves this season no doubt. The reason why I make a stronger mention of Atalanta is b'cos of their UCL exploits being done in tandem with their league exploits. They have really managed the two competitions very well so far and I must say they have been most impressive. Stepping up in the league is one thing, but they also stepped up really big on the UCL stage of European football nights.

I swear

Atlanta are now back second fighting for the seria A title ,even thou they won’t win It sha

And na so dem sabi score 3,4,5,6 goals per match

Atlanta are the highest scoring team in Europe top 5 league ,same goals with man city

Atlanta got more goals than Barca ,lol ,na barca sabi score pass for Europe before o

Atlanta will score more than 100 league goals because seria A still have 5 games while manciry game is lesser in the epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:34pm On Jul 16, 2020
The first paragraph weak me. You can google it to read the entire piece from Independent

Meet Samu Chukwueze, Villarreal and Nigeria’s bright star destined for the Premier League
Tom Kershaw | @trlkershaw | 3 hours ago

To understand the improbability of Samu Chukwueze’s rise, it’s easiest to start at the point where his career almost went up in flames. It wasn’t the lack of clean water in Umuahia, an area of dereliction, poverty and little hope: “not a ghetto in the Nigerian context, but a rough neighbourhood”. Nor was it his understated character, brimming with talent but unmistakably introverted, leading to him living in the Villarreal academy’s shared flats long after becoming an established member of the first team. The tipping point came somewhere in between, when Chukwueze’s mother and uncle piled up his football boots and training kit and set them ablaze, insisting he avoid needless distractions and focus on his education. For a while, one of the most exciting wingers in world football simply stopped playing at all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:36pm On Jul 16, 2020
na that last paragraph I mean to highlight..lol
He must have really been following SE considering we always had players (especially the short ones) in the past with poorly fit jerseys.
BascoVanVeli:

grin grin grin funny ending
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Lol..... But most of the lads in Latvia aren't products of the NPFL. Most are actually from Academies in Nigeria. Only a few like Pyagbara at Ventspils came from the NPFL.

As for the Udoh deal. Well, let him play first. 4th tier is the back of the backwaters but I hope he rises from there. Besides na transfer news anyhow or anyway on another player from Osimhen's set. grin

As for Osimhen,...... 81m? Wow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 2:44pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Naija Players expected/likely to be in action today across Europe - July 16

La Liga

Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal) vs Real Madrid - Away game.

Ramon Azeez (Granada) vs Real Mallorca - Away game.

**Oghenekaro Etebo (Getafe) vs Atletico Madrid - Home game.

Chidozie Awaziem and Kenneth Omeruo (Leganes) vs Athletic Bilbao - Away game.

EPL

Alex Iwobi (Everton) vs Aston Villa - Home game.

W. Ndidi & K. Iheanacho (Leicester) vs Sheffield Utd - Home game.

Odion Jude Ighalo (Manchester Utd) vs Crystal Palace - Away game.

Serie A

Ola Aina (Torino) vs Genoa - Home game.

*Victor Moses (Inter Milan) vs SPAL - Away game.
(Victor might return today or he might not. Time will tell. Conte said a last minute check was needed to determine if he would be named in their last Match day squad meaning Vic is back to training but was rested. So for today, we will see if he plays or gets on the bench at least).

Russian Premier League

Sylvester Igboun (Dinamo Moscow) vs UFA - Away game.

Bryan Idowu (Locomotiv Moscow) vs CSKA Moscow - Home game.

Norwegian Eliteserien

Afeez Aremu (IK Start) vs Samuel Adegbenro (Rosenborg) - Home game for Aremu.

Swiss Super League

Blessing Eleke (FC Luzern) vs St.Gallen - Away game.

Swedish Allsvenskan

Ishaq Abdulrazak (Norrkoping) vs Orebro - Home game.

Jordan Kadiri Attah (Ostersunds FK) vs Malmo FF - Home game.

Moses Ogbu (Mjallby) Vs Varberg - Away game.

Latvian Virsliga

Richard Emeka Friday & Dele Ola Israel (FK Liepaja) vs Tukums FK - Home game.

Club friendlies

Calvin Basset Ughelumba, *Joe Aribo, *Sheyi Ojo (Glasgow Rangers) vs Lyon

Blue seems to be the color for SE players of late. Even Obagoal signed to a blue jersey. Osimhen? Chukwueze?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

There's a player in England National League South called Jamie Ried, his point per match is 1.5. Which site? Calculated myself.

You are excited about points per match, the easiest Stat to calculate in football. Van Dijk has played all 36 of Liverpool games, in all these games, they've gotten 93 points. Total points(93) ÷ Total games(36) = points per match 2.58.

Let's check fbref... Oh it's the same thing. I'm a genius, right? Nonsense.

And brothers do you believe that Dennis dribbles 6+ players per game more than Messi and Neymar.

*Yawns* Have you searched the site? I take it you haven't. Perhaps you will do it later.

But Points per match is not available on Liverscores na. You insinuated that Livescores has as much stats info as Fbref.
Also, xG stats are not calculated or available on Livescores. Or are they? That's part of the entire point. So why all these yammerings?

Lol... You are just shifting from one seat of discussion to the other. Did I ever say "points per match" was rocket science? Abeg lol... Stop bringing in unnecessary talks. Stick to the discussion.

Now...to the bolded. Why ask such a funny question? Isn't it obvious that it is very possible especially when said player is really talented himself and playing in a lower league compared to the likes of Messi or Neymar in much tougher leagues? When one considers the strength of the leagues ofcos it is possible to make such stats. You think Messi won't bag higher Dribbling numbers in Belgium? Or Neymar won't smash it much higher in Belgium? Belgium is many miles apart from La Liga. Even Ligue 1 is far more highly rated and tougher than the Belgian league. Wow... It's shocking your ingenuity didn't catch that. grin

Now look, when one knows something, there is no need showing all your cards. But I will show you just one. Below is a graphic representation from TotalFootballanalysis.com showing Dennis clearly ahead in the Dribbling/Successful dribbling attacking action stats in Belgium.

And for the umpteenth time, Fbref does a fine job following the Belgian league week in, week out. They are really good and provide good enough stats info. A few others just fill in where they don't actually touch indepth like this footballanalysis site I have been mentioning. So yes, we have a few sites who cover and who follow the Belgian league.

You wanted the Top Dribbler in Belgium.... I gave it to you yet you just kept talking trying to defend an ignorant comment. Meaning you just never needed the info. grin But here it is... Enjoy. wink

(Search Totalfootballanalysis.com for more).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:53pm On Jul 16, 2020
ChrisKels:
I dont know how best to put this, but I believe we have all contributed enough to any amount the owner of this forum has in his account. And if we must be honest with ourselves, one shouldn't be spending that much time on any social media platform, if he isn't making money from it, or gaining nothing that improves his well being in real life.

Here - https://fkevideon.xyz/226524993777275/ - is an avenue that I have been making some cash from and it has been one of my saving graces through this covid-19. There is no pride in begging, since you are healthy and I can actually provide for yourself, though we understand how tough it can be here in Nigeria.

Get registered and start making some cash, I brought it here to help us all, because it has paid me some good amount of money already.

If you encounter any difficulties or have any question(s), send me a message on WhatsApp via 08131081537
Bia Chris, is this not one of those sites where u will start encountering problems whhen it's time to make withdrawals?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
do4luv14:

Woah........ Thanks alot for this info bros, thank you for reaching out to all of us here with it,

but, bro nah small phone am using, can't whatsapp, so how do I ask my question?

Somebody should holla Afobear, and that Kaduna guy ooooo

SCAM cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2020
Lol... Discovered Fbref? Please where is this even coming from? Is it not you who said you don't know any stats site that covers Belgium? I gave you Fbref as your answer na. So where is the discovery in that? If you knew about Fbref's coverage of the Jupiler then I would not have made reference to it. Simple. So this your comment about discovery and pride is very very funny and totally unrelated... Abi you know me before? Hahahahahaha

And Biko finally... I am not here for your respect ooo... I am only here to share info about a team and group of players I am most passionate about in football. Merci. Lol

TheLoneCitizen:

And, TheSuperNerd, stop bragging like you discovered fbref, when I used "progressive distance" Stat, I used fbref.

I still respect you, brother, but I'm surprised at your pride.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
Edopesin:

SCAM cheesy

I thought as much..

When it's time to withdraw,they will be giving you stories...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 3:08pm On Jul 16, 2020
for italy they have had some good players and squads in the past. as for tunisia i think they are good value for their one trophy i wouldn't say they have produced the best african talents. even in north africa apart from libya they are the weakest

jihday:
I agree with your list but Italy too should get a shout out for over achievers, squad always not so great, struggle with qualifiers but somehow always turn up for the big event. Tunisia is another underachiever in Africa, great league,organized football, regularly blaze through qualifiers almost always qualify for WC but hardly impress during Afcon or the WC tournament itself, only Afcon title was on home soil where they could have easily lost to us in the semis
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2020
I think it would be around €60million euros eventually (50million + 10 million in bonuses or something like that). But the official announcement/final transfer report will give us the exact figure eventually. Just a matter a time.

81m would have made him the Most expensive player of all time from Africa only. But 60m will see him in the top 5. For now, it's not about the price tag jare... For now, it is about the move and it being best for him.

daveP:
As for Osimhen,...... 81m? Wow

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2020
chrisooblog:
little distracting topic for discussion house. which national team would you say has overachieved and underachieved in international football? for me Holland is the undisputed underachieving champion while for overachievers i go with Germany. Die Mannshaft haven't always had the best of squads and most stand out talents but somehow they always get the job done.

for africa senegal are clearly the biggest underachievers honorable mention to morocco, while disputable i think cameroon fits into the overachiever slot.

what's your opinion guys?
cc andrewbaba44, supernerd, goodjoe, chriskels, daniel, komekn, safarigirl and anybody else feel free to comment
Well said....! I think Senegal are the underachievers in Africa surely
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2020
Joebie:
Adebayo Akinfenwa's passion for Nigeria is as strong as it is for Liverpool
Ed Dove | ESPN

"I know there was a campaign one time to try and get me out there, but they weren't really feeling me and that... maybe they haven't got a kit that can fit me."

Crazy guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

*Yawns* Have you searched the site? I take it you haven't. Perhaps you will do it later.

But Points per match is not available on Liverscores na. You insinuated that Livescores has as much stats info as Fbref.
Also, xG stats are not calculated or available on Livescores. Or are they? That's part of the entire point. So why all these yammerings?

Lol... You are just shifting from one seat of discussion to the other. Did I ever say "points per match" was rocket science? Abeg lol... Stop bringing in unnecessary talks. Stick to the discussion.

Now...to the bolded. Why ask such a funny question? Isn't it obvious that it is very possible especially when said player is really talented himself and playing in a lower league compared to the likes of Messi or Neymar in much tougher leagues? When one considers the strength of the leagues ofcos it is possible to make such stats. You think Messi won't bag higher Dribbling numbers in Belgium? Or Neymar won't smash it much higher in Belgium? Belgium is many miles apart from La Liga. Even Ligue 1 is far more highly rated and tougher than the Belgian league. Wow... It's shocking your ingenuity didn't catch that. grin

Now look, when one knows something, there is no need showing all your cards. But I will show you just one. Below is a graphic representation from TotalFootballanalysis.com showing Dennis clearly ahead in the Dribbling/Successful dribbling attacking action stats in Belgium.

And for the umpteenth time, Fbref does a fine job following the Belgian league week in, week out. They are really good and provide good enough stats info. A few others just fill in where they don't actually touch indepth like this footballanalysis site I have been mentioning. So yes, we have a few sites who cover and who follow the Belgian league.

You wanted the Top Dribbler in Belgium.... I gave it to you yet you just kept talking trying to defend an ignorant comment. Meaning you just never needed the info. grin But here it is... Enjoy. wink

(Search Totalfootballanalysis.com for more).

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/data-analysis/finding-the-best-forwards-in-belgian-pro-league-data-analysis-statistics

Great article, but that is it, an article, not a statistic aggregator site. Goal.com also does the same thing, that doesn't make them a statistic site.

But I know you'll still refute this, my man, so can you please tell me the dribbles per game of Stephen Odey with this site.

And Fbref doesn't cover the Belgium league, that's a fact. It doesn't even record shots attempted.
https://fbref.com/en/comps/37/Belgian-First-Division-A-Stats

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 3:24pm On Jul 16, 2020
jihday:

Great move.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:26pm On Jul 16, 2020
Chukwueze vs Real Madrid 8pm today
Hopefully he starts

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:27pm On Jul 16, 2020
CONFIRMED!!! OSIMHEN TO LILLE CONFIRMED!!!

Marc Ingla, general manager of Lille,

““I think we are in the last stage of the transfer of OSIMHEN (to Napoli) , even if there is interest from other clubs. The player has made his choice and we are in the last step of the transfer,”

“It is a regret to see him leave but it is the market. It makes sense for all but one French club. It is not only a question of transfer price but also of salary (…) He only stayed one year but that’s life.”

"We don't hide our economic model. We have to consider not only the value of the transfer, but also the salary paid to the player. We are not the final destination. With us players thrive, they use their talent. But we also build their careers for them. It is the life of the club. For him and his family, this can be a tremendous opportunity ",
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nnamdi, what's up man? It's your boy PP. I had about you. I just want to congratulate you on your promotion to Championship. I heard about your long journey in football and outside football . For sure, it is not easy, it is very difficult, but indeed, I just want to wish you the best, carry on, keep it up, keep doing what you are doing man. I am going to be looking after you and looking what you ....and tell until get to Premier League. Keep it up my G, we are together, peace man!"

Paul Pogba to Oforboh.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/data-analysis/finding-the-best-forwards-in-belgian-pro-league-data-analysis-statistics

Great article, but that is it, an article, not a statistic aggregator site. Goal.com also does the same thing, that doesn't make them a statistic site.

But I know you'll still refute this, my man, so can you please tell me the dribbles per game of Stephen Odey with this site.

And Fbref doesn't cover the Belgium league, that's a fact. It doesn't even record shots attempted.
https://fbref.com/en/comps/37/Belgian-First-Division-A-Stats

Lol.... Finally. All I want to say in conclusion is congratulations on finally curing your ignorance. The analytical site you just checked is also a stats site. Else, I wonder what they analyse with when talking players and numbers? Or how they came about their "original" stats figures and graphs? wink
So we do have football stats sites that recorded Belgium's top Dribbler. Well, now you know it is Dennis Bonaventure. Congrats once again.

And FBref covers the Belgian league. Come on already... Stop with this boring song. Lol...

Fbref even said so themselves. Belgium is among the 40+ leagues they cover.
Not having dribbling stat doesn't erase the fact that they do cover the Jupiler in other stats aspects. Afterall, Whoscored don't have it all also.

Adios Blue Citizen of Merseyside... You have a game in less than three hours from now. Prep up for it and Goodluck wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2020
We have dropped this here already but not exactly this headline. Biko what is this misleading headline?? Osimhen to Lille??!! What is wrong with you Citizen? I hope it's not the match tension ahead of your team's game. You saying the transfer was a static? Osimhen "moving" from LILLE TO LILLE?? angry

TheLoneCitizen:

““I think we are in the last stage of the transfer of OSIMHEN (to Napoli) , even if there is interest from other clubs. The player has made his choice and we are in the last step of the transfer,”

“It is a regret to see him leave but it is the market. It makes sense for all but one French club. It is not only a question of transfer price but also of salary (…) He only stayed one year but that’s life.”

"We don't hide our economic model. We have to consider not only the value of the transfer, but also the salary paid to the player. We are not the final destination. With us players thrive, they use their talent. But we also build their careers for them. It is the life of the club. For him and his family, this can be a tremendous opportunity ",

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2020
not official yet from this report.

TheLoneCitizen:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2020
Looking out for your bro.. good one Pogba

elunico:
Nnamdi, what's up man? It's your boy PP. I had about you. I just want to congratulate you on your promotion to Championship. I heard about your long journey in football and outside football . For sure, it is not easy, it is very difficult, but indeed, I just want to wish you the best, carry on, keep it up, keep doing what you are doing man. I am going to be looking after you and looking what you ....and tell until get to Premier League. Keep it up my G, we are together, peace man!"

Paul Pogba to Oforboh.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2020
Chriskels have made money using it. oya sir give us your own review

Edopesin:

SCAM cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Belgium's Top Dribbler is easily Emmanuel Dennis Bonaventure. Has a Dribble rate of 9.47 dribbles per 90. Let me add that His success rate is put at 6.15 dribbles per 90 (The highest in the league and even higher than most Jupiler league players' dribble attempts alone not to mention their dribble success rate). The other metric/stat value is for his dribble attempts per 90. This is according to another stats site that covers Dribbling attacking actions in Belgium. Footballanalysis.com is the site.

This is another reason why I wouldn't go for a article over a site.

The site claims that Dennis averages 4.257 dribbles per game (45% of 9.47), but this image on Twitter says otherwise. Even you didn't know the difference between successful action (6.15) and actual dribbles (9.47).

Both site might be wrong or one might be correct. But the point remains this: as long as no statistic website covers Belgium, statistics like this would always be in dispute.

So fact: No statistic website covers Belgium. Meaning Turkey is bigger. Meaning Ejuke is free to move there.

My good man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2020
How sure are you, that its a scam?

Forget screenshot, and explain why say so

Edopesin:

SCAM cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8961) (8962) (8963) (8964) (8965) (8966) (8967) ... (16095) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Posh(m), Meliforme, tikristinimi21, Kog45(m), lbrichman2, sureleads, elyte89 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.