Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,152 members, 7,807,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11573968 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9129) (9130) (9131) (9132) (9133) (9134) (9135) ... (16114) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:35pm On Aug 02, 2020
Edopesin:

Lmao the people you give the best player tag is funny as hell grin

Ziyech is already in the EPL, no need for stats. There's Mahrez, Salah, Keita, Mane, Aubameyang, but you'll remember this quote next year:

"Ziyech Is Africa's Best Player."
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
JayromWrites:

I guess Fekir dreamt of Betis as well

Lyon to Betis was a downgrade imo

He almost joined Liverpool

Fact is: Dessers(God knows i love this guy) is not better than all our options

His career path to date is average

Good players at his age are taking a leap to a bigger league and club

He settled for Genk..(Or maybe Genk settled for him)

Either ways, he isn't the best we've got

And if e feels e want to play for Belgium, i wish him goodluck(He's than Benteke sha... Batman?? I strongly doubt)
God knows I don't hate that guy, infact I respect him so much for declaring for us, but that's the only reason I want him for the national team, for that reward of loyalty... On strictly football matters he isn't better than any of our players...

But why would the highest goal scorer of the eredivisie go to Genk? Why not club brugge or anderletch or the toppest team on Belgium... Abeg I like the guy, .make I no cast am.. m
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:39pm On Aug 02, 2020
JayromWrites:

8 goals, 10 assists in his first season

That's okay for me

Not okay for me because he is a winger who scores much
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Ziyech is already in the EPL, no need for stats. There's Mahrez, Salah, Keita, Mane, Aubameyang, but you'll remember this quote next year:

The fact that he is now in the EPL despite not kicking the ball yet does not in anyway tell us how he is Africa's Best Player

Till next season
Remember you said Dessers is better than Osimhen and Haaland grin

It will only take a full season next season to debunk this fake news grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:42pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Because aubameyang plays golf
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I've noticed this thing with Barca fans, you guys are always expecting wingers to score a lot of goals every season forgetting that not everyone has a certain Messi in the team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2020
Porto have won the double btw

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2020
Edopesin:

The fact that he is now in the EPL despite not kicking the ball yet does not in anyway tell us how he is Africa's Best Player

Till next season
Remember you said Dessers is better than Osimhen and Haaland grin

It will only take a full season next season to debunk this fake news grin

This is definitely gaffe of the year grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2020
Gaffe of the year (2019): Onyekuru is more intelligent than Mahrez

Gaffe of the year (2020): Dessers is better than Osimhen and Haaland shocked

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

To each his own
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2020
Starboytwo:
God knows I don't hate that guy, infact I respect him so much for declaring for us, but that's the only reason I want him for the national team, for that reward of loyalty... On strictly football matters he isn't better than any of our players...

But why would the highest goal scorer of the eredivisie go to Genk? Why not club brugge or anderletch or the toppest team on Belgium... Abeg I like the guy, .make I no cast am.. m

I hope he plays for the super eagles and have a great international career for us

But if he is considering playing for Belgium because of pre season form(which i doubt)

We won't miss him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
Truidstar:
Maja is not fit to lace Dessers boots in terms if goal poaching ability.
goal poaching lol, abeg... How many goals dessers scored last 2 and 3 seasons ago, if them reach 10 make I bend... Na this season him break out, then he still has to do another audition at Genk before a lot of people are convinced, well that's the only explanation for his move to Genk... Not even anderletch or club brugge etc, Genk... No be the team Simon Moses dey that year wey him comot?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
Subzero047:

This is definitely gaffe of the year grin
that one still dey hehe

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2020
Edopesin:

I've noticed this thing with Barca fans, you guys are always expecting wingers to score a lot of goals every season forgetting that not everyone has a certain Messi in the team

Calm down bro, Ousmane dembele is not a goal scorer we noticed that before we purchased him okay and we are okay with dembele apart from his numerous injuries

If nicolas pepe is not much of a goal scorer arsenal wont purchase for that amount

Despite auba playing from the flanks which is not his posotion is scoring almost all arsenal goals

Not just we barca fans but any team that want to be successfull

Take a look at the goals mane and salah is getting, if mane and salah are wingers who doesnt score goals then liverpool will not win the epl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2020
JayromWrites:

I hope he plays for the super eagles and have a great international career for us

But if he is considering playing for Belgium because of pre season form(which i doubt)

We won't miss him

You won't miss somebody that is better than Haaland, Osimhen, Iheanacho?

why are you talking like this na
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 3:01pm On Aug 02, 2020
Subzero047:
Gaffe of the year (2019): Onyekuru is more intelligent than Mahrez

Gaffe of the year (2020): Dessers is better than Osimhen and Haaland shocked
Iheanacho own nko, Iheanacho nacho better than mbappe... Hahaha abeg who talk that thing first?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:04pm On Aug 02, 2020
Starboytwo:
goal poaching lol, abeg... How many goals dessers scored last 2 and 3 seasons ago, if them reach 10 make I bend... Na this season him break out, then he still has to do another audition at Genk before a lot of people are convinced, well that's the only explanation for his move to Genk... Not even anderletch or club brugge etc, Genk... No be the team Simon Moses dey that year wey him comot?

If person no no maja e go be like say na one kind big player

What has maja done in football if i may ask ?

Guy stop this maja hype abeg

I guess you guys are with your childish attitude again because una hear say dessers dey reason belgium

E remain to compare tammy abraham to stephen odey

Yeye people

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2020
JayromWrites:

We won't miss him

You wont miss someone thats better than osimhen and haaland ?

You are just so confused

Once player change him mind to play for naija na so una to change una mouth

But he is better than osimhen and haaland according to you but suddenly you wont miss him

Reason why i dont take most of you guys here serious

Una don suddenly being hype maja from no where

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You are just so confused

But he is better than osimhen and haaland according to you but suddenly you wont miss him

Una don siddenly being hype maja from no where

Smh

He is not better than haaland but somewhat equal with osimhen. BUT he is our most experienced striker for now. However we have many options in his position. Also the younger strikers may be better than him in 2 to 3 years time. He is a very good player anyway.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:14pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Calm down bro, Ousmane dembele is not a goal scorer we noticed that before we purchased him okay and we are okay with dembele apart from his numerous injuries

If nicolas pepe is not much of a goal scorer arsenal wont purchase for that amount

Despite auba playing from the flanks which is not his posotion is scoring almost all arsenal goals

Not just we barca fans but any team that want to be successfull

Take a look at the goals mane and salah is getting, if mane and salah are wingers who doesnt score goals then liverpool will not win the epl

Pepe did not have a bad first season, So I guess Griezeman was not signed for his goals too abi? What about Ansu fati?

Aubameyang has always lethal from the flanks and as a striker, you should not even be using a world class player as an example, The Liverpool you mentioned don't play with a striker but have two top of not world class wingers, klopp's wide players are the engine of the team unlike other teams that depend on a poacher
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You are just so confused

Una don siddenly being hype maja from no where

Smh

Bia you okay?

Did i say he is better than Osimnhen?

Goan sleep if you can't read abeg

Someone said he is better than osimhen, i opined that he is not better than what we have..

Where did you see me say he is better than osimhen?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Which one is sentimental again.

My point is simple. Rodgers is more tactically deep than Mourinho. Mourinho will always park bus when he meets a far superior tactically sound team. Which shows he is not as good as many believe.

Finito.
Because mourhino defends, Rodgers is better tactically? That's like saying Norwich coach is better than Mourinho because he plays pure attacking football grin
Rodgers is nowhere near Mourinho tactically and overall. Even pep being better than mourhino is very debatable.
You tagged Simeone athletico boring, most Liverpool matches with Liverpool leading gets boring. Liverpool plays defensive football (counter attack is a defensive approach) and you'll expect Liverpool fans to take Rodgers over klopp because he plays attacking football?
You think leceister fans would want attacking Rodgers over mourhino?
Being tactical is about playing to bring results which mourhino does consistently.
Don't forget mourhino coached a mediocre man u side to second place and Europa trophy.
You could have said Rodgers is more attacking but you saying he's more tactical is very wrong. A tactical Coach won't bottle a 14 point lead from fifth neither would he bottle the last match against man United.
Mourinho is far superior tactically and overall.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

If person no no maja e go be like say na one kind big player

What has maja done in football if i may ask ?

Guy stop this maja hype abeg

I guess you guys are with your childish attitude again because una hear say dessers dey reason belgium

E remain to compare tammy abraham to stephen odey

Yeye people
I'm not hyping Maja, I haven't watched a full match of dessers nor Maja, what I'm saying is the clips I watched of both of them, instantly I liked Maja, if I even see the guy picture I might not know him just to let you know it's not bias or anything, just what I saw, I saw their goals and highlights and I'm more impressed with Majas movement, the way he strikes the ball, some of his goals etc, comparing them i feel Maja is better, Ball wise, scoring wise, club wise, league wise and age wise...

I will recommend Josh Maja to Gernot rhor, if I was asked... I feel he is the best to understudy osihmen in the National team... I hope he comes good...

Also I will watch dessers henceforth , maybe I haven't done him justice, just maybe... So I will watch the guy again... One more thing, the big men here have been silent on the dessers guy, chriskels don't think we will miss him, nerdy hasn't said anything on the guy, I would like to know what the Goodjoe would say and komekn, since he is not naija breed or borrogh, so no emotive bias something here...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
Philosopher1979:

He is not better than haaland but somewhat equal with osimhen. BUT he is our most experienced striker for now. However we have many options in his position. Also the younger strikers may be better than him in 2 to 3 years time. He is a very good player anyway.

Bia nitori olorun how is he equal to Osimhen

Can you give us these stats
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2020
Edopesin:

You won't miss somebody that is better than Haaland, Osimhen, Iheanacho?

why are you talking like this na

Lol!!

Who even brought Haaland to this whole conversation?

Una sabi jump into conversation wey una no know the origin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
Starboytwo:
Iheanacho own nko, Iheanacho nacho better than mbappe... Hahaha abeg who talk that thing first?

I don't remember that year tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Dude is Nigeria's most complete striker. Better than Osimhen not to mention the others.

If he decides to switch allegiance, I'd be gutted but we'll survive.
Rohr is extremely faithful to proven players just as Onyekuru stated, and we have so many good, not better, but younger strikers.

So it's easier to break into Red Devils than the Super Eagles.

This was the post that started the whole argument

TheLoneCitizen made this assertion, i countered

Wetin bring Haaland come!?

And where did i say he is better than Osimhen?

Cc: edopesin andrewbaba44
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 3:24pm On Aug 02, 2020
BascoVanVeli:
Oya lunch is served for our hype police crew. Colin udoh ranked Victor Osimhen as the second best African in Europe. Over Aubameyang and Salah grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arz2holOoEA

This is beautiful grin Colin udoh self lol

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2020
JayromWrites:

Lol!!

Who even brought Haaland to this whole conversation?

Una sabi jump into conversation wey una no know the origin

grin
I was being sarcastic, it was TheLoneCitize.n that made the statement
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 3:28pm On Aug 02, 2020
Blueelf:
Speaking of players that deserve a second chance...

I hereby nominate Anderson Esiti grin cheesy

I will rather go for Mikel Agu... Consistent for in Portugal for two seasons Now...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 3:31pm On Aug 02, 2020
Edopesin:

grin
I was being sarcastic, it was TheLoneCitize.n that made the statement

His opinion though

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9129) (9130) (9131) (9132) (9133) (9134) (9135) ... (16114) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lbrichman2, Odunayaw(m), Hanibal(m), realpoacher(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.