Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,624 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11503627 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9130) (9131) (9132) (9133) (9134) (9135) (9136) ... (16083) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2020
JayromWrites:

His opinion though

I never said otherwise ✌️

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2020
If there is one player I'll like to move this transfer window, it is definitely TRYONNE EBUEHI.

That boy needs to start playing again!

An in form Ebuehi, Aina and Ehizibue are all we need to solidify the full back position.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:33pm On Aug 02, 2020
JayromWrites:

This was the post that started the whole argument

TheLoneCitizen made this assertion, i countered

Wetin bring Haaland come!?

And where did i say he is better than Osimhen?

Cc: edopesin andrewbaba44

You just getting to know Andrew? grin

Dude go dey read another thing they talk another thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2020
ChrisKels:

To talk dey hungry you since

If you want am hot hot you go get am

Na too much sun dey worry your brain

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 3:37pm On Aug 02, 2020
ChrisKels:

I tire
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

To talk dey hungry you since

If you want am hot hot you go get am

Na too much sun dey worry your brain

No sir, I no want am hot hot grin

Happy Sunday. I hope say u dey well?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:38pm On Aug 02, 2020
Starboytwo:
I'm not hyping Maja, I haven't watched a full match of dessers nor Maja, what I'm saying is the clips I watched of both of them, instantly I liked Maja, if I even see the guy picture I might not know him just to let you know it's not bias or anything, just what I saw, I saw their goals and highlights and I'm more impressed with Majas movement, the way he strikes the ball, some of his goals etc, comparing them i feel Maja is better, Ball wise, scoring wise, club wise, league wise and age wise...

I will recommend Josh Maja to Gernot rhor, if I was asked... I feel he is the best to understudy osihmen in the National team... I hope he comes good...

Also I will watch dessers henceforth , maybe I haven't done him justice, just maybe... So I will watch the guy again... One more thing, the big men here have been silent on the dessers guy, chriskels don't think we will miss him, nerdy hasn't said anything on the guy, I would like to know what the Goodjoe would say and komekn, since he is not naija breed or borrogh, so no emotive bias something here...

Lol, if dessers like make e play for naija or not e no consign me

The fact be say majority of una get 2 mouth

Lol what the goodjoe and komekn will say grin

So nerdy must talk something about maja ? at least e dey follow naija players well sha ,no doubt

Yes we wont miss him for real but most of you are saying we wont miss him because you just heard his belgium ambition

I hope saka and eze will finally play for naija because the way una go turn una back on them go funny grin

Na here we dey

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 3:40pm On Aug 02, 2020
I dont have L , the L that means lose in my vocabolary, the L that i have is Light, thats means W, win

so over the bar, least I forget swever left abeg

JayromWrites:

Take your L in peace abeg

Chelsea fans and shalaye

Naso 1 edopesin come dey beat chest when match never finish

You guys were beaten, accept your L while you await the final rite at the arena.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
Truidstar:
Forget story. He has not even played a season in Belgium. He is doing well in pre-season. Which player because of pre season form gets invited to the National team? He is ours confirmed.
People just see a news item and consume it without thinking it through

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:41pm On Aug 02, 2020
Edopesin:

Pepe did not have a bad first season, So I guess Griezeman was not signed for his goals too abi? What about Ansu fati?

Aubameyang has always lethal from the flanks and as a striker, you should not even be using a world class player as an example, The Liverpool you mentioned don't play with a striker but have two top of not world class wingers, klopp's wide players are the engine of the team unlike other teams that depend on a poacher

Griezman was signed for his goals, watch barca fans complaining because he didnt score much

Why you go call ansu fati here? A 17 year old kid on his first season with 7 goals
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:45pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Not okay for me because he is a winger who scores much
Doesn't really score much, he stat padded at Lille. I think he had an OK season considering this arsenal team is terrible
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:47pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Because aubameyang plays golf
You can't use goal to compare remember that Ziyech is a midfielder, the only reason why I won't agree with him is because Ziyech play in a farmers league where it's easy to build reputation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:48pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheOtherCitizen:
Monaco head coach, Niko Kovac, has again left Henry Onyekuru out of a 26-man squad for pre-season training.

Onyekuru had been left out of friendlies against Cercle Brugge and Standard Liege.

Onyekuru who isn't short of suitors will leave the Club, either on loan or permanently, if he isn't guaranteed game time.

Niko Kovac has told Onyekuru he's not in his plans even though he wants to stay. They have already rejected an offer from Galatasaray.
Olympiacos, Belgian and Italian clubs are interested.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2020
jihday:
You can't use goal to compare remember that Ziyech is a midfielder, the only reason why I won't agree with him is because Ziyech play in a farmers league where it's easy to build reputation

At least you wont agree with him

Auba is the best player in africa

I doubt if ziyech will even perform as mahrez in the epl

Chelshit fans don start their talk

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Griezman was signed for his goals, watch barca fans complaining because he didnt score much

Why you go call ansu fati here? A 17 year old kid on his first season with 7 goals

No need to use his age as an excuse abi you want list of players that did better in that age? This is Pepe's first season in the EPL and he wasn't terrible even though he didn't start well, Did you crucify Neymar in his first season?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oluislong: 3:52pm On Aug 02, 2020
Truidstar:
Forget story. He has not even played a season in Belgium. He is doing well in pre-season. Which player because of pre season form gets invited to the National team? He is ours confirmed.

Oga we are saying the same thing. I said I think he'll play for us but he's just being diplomatic about it since he plays there
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:53pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Niko Kovac has told Onyekuru he's not in his plans even though he wants to stay. They have already rejected an offer from Galatasaray.
Nawa o, I really pity this guy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2020
jihday:

Did you watch him in the World Cup (the most difficult competition to shine)? Or in the UCL?

I agree that playing in Eredivise all his career is a downer. But Bruno Fernandes played in Liga NOS too.

Good to see someone seeing more than goals.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:54pm On Aug 02, 2020
Edopesin:

No need to use his age as an excuse abi you want list of players that did better in that age? This is Pepe's first season in the EPL and he wasn't terrible even though he didn't start well, Did you crucify Neymar in his first season?

Ansu fati is 17 years old and not a regular yet at barca

You have no point with ansu fati who is playing his first season with barca 1st team okay

Calm down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2020
Oluislong:

Oga we are saying the same thing. I said I think he'll play for us but he's just being diplomatic about it since he plays there
Diplomatic? How? Did he grant any interview? He's said it several times that he wants to play for us which diplomatic are you talking about?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oluislong: 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Hope it's not that Buchi guy news on Twitter you are following because I also read elsewhere that he was on 2 weeks break since his season ended late in turkey that was why he was left out of preseason. Any how sha we go know as time goes on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Did you watch him in the World Cup (the most difficult competition to shine)? Or in the UCL?

I agree that playing in Eredivise all his career is a downer. But Bruno Fernandes played in Liga NOS too.

Good to see someone seeing more than goals.
He was very key to Ajax UCL run and that's why I think he's a very good player, alongside Mahrez I think they are the only playmakers Africa can boast of

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 3:58pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol, if dessers like make e play for naija or not e no consign me

The fact be say majority of una get 2 mouth

Lol what the goodjoe and komekn will say grin

So nerdy must talk something about maja ? at least e dey follow naija players well sha ,no doubt

Yes we wont miss him for real but most of you are saying we wont miss him because you just heard his belgium ambition

I hope saka and eze will finally play for naija because the way una go turn una back on them go funny grin

Na here we dey
lol, person wey never break into the Super Eagle wan enter Belgium team, I laugh in Hysteria...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Ansu fati is 17 years old and not a regular yet at barca

You have no point with ansu fati who is playing his first season with barca 1st team okay

Calm down

You're only making excuses nothing more, you cannot be justifying Ansu fati's and Ridiculing Pepe's season, they're both professional footballers and I'm sure you didn't Neymar this treatment in his first season

Na you gan gan need to calm down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:02pm On Aug 02, 2020
Oluislong:

Hope it's not that Buchi guy news on Twitter you are following because I also read elsewhere that he was on 2 weeks break since his season ended late in turkey that was why he was left out of preseason. Any how sha we go know as time goes on

Fotomac, Fotospor.

His two week break ended 12 days ago.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 4:08pm On Aug 02, 2020
jihday:
He was very key to Ajax UCL run and that's why I think he's a very good player, alongside Mahrez I think they are the only playmakers Africa can boast of

There's something about left-footed players, when they're good, they're unplayable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:17pm On Aug 02, 2020
Edopesin:

You're only making excuses nothing more, you cannot be justifying Ansu fati's and Ridiculing Pepe's season, they're both professional footballers and I'm sure you didn't Neymar this treatment in his first season

Na you gan gan need to calm down

You are comparing a 17 year old from la masia to a player bought for 75 million euros to justify your arguement cheesy

Wonders shall never end

Then Ansu fati is better than pepe with goals due to his stats this season with lesser minutes grin

You could not use your hazard at Madrid cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:20pm On Aug 02, 2020
Provoker:
Because mourhino defends, Rodgers is better tactically? That's like saying Norwich coach is better than Mourinho because he plays pure attacking football grin
Rodgers is nowhere near Mourinho tactically and overall. Even pep being better than mourhino is very debatable.
You tagged Simeone athletico boring, most Liverpool matches with Liverpool leading gets boring. Liverpool plays defensive football (counter attack is a defensive approach) and you'll expect Liverpool fans to take Rodgers over klopp because he plays attacking football?
You think leceister fans would want attacking Rodgers over mourhino?
Being tactical is about playing to bring results which mourhino does consistently.
Don't forget mourhino coached a mediocre man u side to second place and Europa trophy.
You could have said Rodgers is more attacking but you saying he's more tactical is very wrong. A tactical Coach won't bottle a 14 point lead from fifth neither would he bottle the last match against man United.
Mourinho is far superior tactically and overall.

You are just running in circles.

For a start, Klopp is known for what is called heavy metal attack. Klopp can never in any way be classed a negative coach. His pressing is one of the best in the history of football. So trying to put him on the same pedestal of Mourinho is an insult to the legacy Klopp has taken years to build. He is a far more offensive coach than Rodgers. So that point you are sprouting there does not add up.

Farke of Norwich is a far better classy tactician than Mourinho. He just lacked the players but his art was A game. From his first game in Liverpool, we could see his class. Mourinho can never coach a Norwich side to play football with such grace and swagger. Even his current Tottenham team is yet to show playing class.

Mourinho debatable with Guardiola is the height of jokes. From the 5-0 spanking of Real Madrid, to the first leg between Barcelona and Inter Milan, i think in 2009, to the outplaying of Mourinho in the final leg of Inter Milan where Mourinho tucked his tail like a scared goat and was totally outplayed.

There was a game in Real Madrid Mourinho played 5 central defenders against Guardiola. Why? Because he knows when it comes to class, he is mediocre to Guardiola.

Please, Mou is crap to the modern game guys. People like Zidane are miles ahead of him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Afobear: 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2020
Subzero047:
Gaffe of the year (2019): Onyekuru is more intelligent than Mahrez

Gaffe of the year (2020): Dessers is better than Osimhen and Haaland shocked

Gaffe of the Year (2016/2017/2018): Iheanacho is better than Kylian Mbappe

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oluislong: 4:25pm On Aug 02, 2020
jihday:
Diplomatic? How? Did he grant any interview? He's said it several times that he wants to play for us which diplomatic are you talking about?

Yes. With one Belgium Legend. I tried posting a link that was why my account was banned
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oluislong: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:

Fotomac, Fotospor.

His two week break ended 12 days ago.

Well he just got to Monaco few days ago. Like I said we shall see sha

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:27pm On Aug 02, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You are not comparing a 17 year old from la masia to a player bought for 75 million euros to justify your arguement cheesy

Wonders shall never end

Then Ansu fati is better than pepe with goals due to his stats this season with lesser minutes grin

You could not use your hazard at Madrid cheesy

You dey shift goal post cheesy
Hazard's season was not his best, same as Pepe... Age and Transfer fee no concern us here but wetin dem do for the league and their team

(1) (2) (3) ... (9130) (9131) (9132) (9133) (9134) (9135) (9136) ... (16083) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, Samueltemi337(m), Icon4s(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.