Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11581388 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9236) (9237) (9238) (9239) (9240) (9241) (9242) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2020
ChrisKels:
Ighalo has set a very bad precedent as regards Nigerian players being considered by Man United in the future, his record is not encouraging, now he is looking for an easy way out. It is a shame he couldn't register a single EPL goal or assist in as many matches throughout his stay in Man United.

You think you are trolling ighalo ? I laugh you

People just ignore your ighalo troll this days,it’s all clear that ighalo doesn’t have game time in the epl and every sensible football fans knows that ,he got better minutes in the Europa league and cup games and he has delivered ,people who are watching him aren’t blind like you

But what do I expect from a slowpoke like you who said huesca is a better team than Glasgow Rangers ?

Be calming down bro because your stupidity is getting out of hands and to make it worst you think you are funny

Take a chill pill kid

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
Edopesin:
cheesy

I guess you are laughing at someone stupidity grin

Carry on bro
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:38pm On Aug 14, 2020
Naija players expected/likely to be in action across Europe today - August 14

Belgian Jupiler League

Cedric Omoigui (Royal Excel Mouscron) vs KV Mechelen - Home game.

Russian Premier League

Bryan Idowu (FK Khimki) vs PFC Sochi - Away game.

Croatian 1.HNL

Musa Mohammed (HNK Gorica) vs Varazdin - Away game.

Hungarian NB.I

George Ikenna-King Patrick (MTK Budapest) vs Ferencvaros - Home game.

Norwegian 1.Division

Peter Godly Michael (Øygarden) vs Ranheim - Away game.

Igoh Ogbu (Sogndal) Vs Stjordals - Away game.

Ifeanyi Matthew, Moses Ebiye (Lillestrom SK) vs Ullensaker - Home game.

Club Friendlies

Karim Adeyemi (RB Salzburg) vs FC Liefering
+ vs Dynamo CB

Bryan Okoh, Junior Chukwubuike Adamu (FC Liefering) vs RB Salzburg

Ubong Moses Ekpai (Dynamo CB) vs RB Salzburg

Bonus: From China

CSL

Obafemi Martins (Shanghai Shenhua) vs Suning Jiangsu - Away game.
**Game kicks off in 22 mins.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
ChrisKels:
Ighalo has set a very bad precedent as regards Nigerian players being considered by Man United in the future, his record is not encouraging, now he is looking for an easy way out. It is a shame he couldn't register a single EPL goal or assist in as many matches throughout his stay in Man United.

Bad belle

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:45pm On Aug 14, 2020
komekn:

Bad belle

The bad belle no be here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Provoker(m): 12:46pm On Aug 14, 2020
12large1:
Aribi vs Etebo who should get that 2nd central or box to box midfield position? Personally, I will pick Aribo but etebo workrate shouldn't be underestimated
Etebo has a crazy workrate but I'll prefer aribo because he's a goal scoring midfielder and Etebo somehow limits Ndidi performance. And we don't have a Trent or robo type of full-back so our creativity lies solely on iwobi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nigerian journalist Oma Akatugba had a chat with Coach Gernot Rohr exclusively reports 2 players have agreed to play for Nigeria

https://dailytimes.ng/exclusive-two-new-players-have-agreed-to-play-for-nigeria-rohr/

you can also listen to the interview on Akatugba's twitter page

https://twitter.com/omaakatugba/status/1294235759545929729?s=20

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Nigeria International friendlies update

30-man provisional list expected.

A few first time invites expected to make it. High likelihood of Zaidu Sanusi and Chidera Ejuke getting first call-ups.

Also, two new Naija foreign born lads have committed to playing to Nigeria. Names withheld. wink

Supposed to Colombia as one of the two friendlies, but that has been scratched off. Replacement will be made soonest if not already made. Portugal game still a likely go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 1:15pm On Aug 14, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Nigeria International friendlies update

30-man provisional list expected.

A few first time invites expected to make it. High likelihood of Zaidu Sanusi and Chidera Ejuke getting first call-ups.

Also, two new Naija foreign born lads have committed to playing to Nigeria. Names withheld. wink

Supposed to Colombia as one of the two friendlies, but that has been scratched off. Replacement will be made soonest if not already made. Portugal game still a likely go.
Onomah is definitely one of the lad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:16pm On Aug 14, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
And after watching them get super schooled by Nagelsmann's Leipzig yesterday, I reached a conclusion that I don't want Chukwueze anywhere near Atletico. They will diminish his attacking shine. They are too "park-bus-ily" defensive. Their own too much. Haba.

Atletico is such a terrible side when it comes to player development. Their football just sucks the lives of the players. Joao Felix hurts me because in a more offensive side, he would have developed at a faster rate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:17pm On Aug 14, 2020
elunico:

Roy Keane and Paul Scholes hear an that day. grin grin

I slept off with tears in my eyes that afternoon. Okocha was just scattering field without mercy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2020
komekn:

Bad belle

Did I say anything out of place? Does he have even a single shot on target in as many as 11 EPL games? How could you call this a bad belle, when you can not prove what is written, wrong?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:21pm On Aug 14, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:27pm On Aug 14, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

They play different positions and at the time the transfer was made, that Monaco team was fire and played some breathtaking football. Lemar was actually my best player in that team, over Mbappe and Bernardo Silva. Although that move was terrible because Diego Simeone lacked the recipe to harness his talent.

True...the more reason why I wasn't comfortable with the Chukwueze to Atletico rumours..

But WTF is wrong with Simeone?
Must he always play defensive football?

Mourinho na learner for where this guy Dy o..

grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2020
Several sources report that Liverpool's priority attack signing would be Ismaila Sarr but if they can't get the player, they would opt for Samuel Chukwueze.

Watford value Sarr at 40M which is just 10M off the fee Liverpool refused to pay for Timo Werner. While Chukwueze is at 25M.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:34pm On Aug 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You think you are trolling ighalo ? I laugh you

People just ignore your ighalo troll this days, it’s all clear that ighalo doesn’t have game time in the epl and every sensible football fans knows that ,he got better minutes in the Europa league and cup games and he has delivered ,people who are watching him aren’t blind like you

But what do I expect from a slowpoke like you who said huesca is a better team than Glasgow Rangers ?

Be calming down bro because your stupidity is getting out of hands and to make it worst you think you are funny

Take a chill pill kid

Well, I didnt expect nothing less, bkus i new you lack the mental ability to understand the nature, consequences, and the effect his Misadventures is gonna have on other Nigerian players, as regards united.

That said, though you are a total remiss, but, I think you should worry more about improving on your diction than ranting here at a every given time.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:35pm On Aug 14, 2020
TheLoneCitizen:
Several sources report that Liverpool's priority attack signing would be Ismaila Sarr but if they can't get the player, they would opt for Samuel Chukwueze.

Watford value Sarr at 40M which is just 10M off the fee Liverpool refused to pay for Timo Werner. While Chukwueze is at 25M.

Take the news with a pinch of salt....

Signing an attacker this summer was a big priority for Liverpool until the AFCON was postponed because we would have lost Salah and Mane in January...
As it stands,its very unlikely we will sign another attacker unless one of the current one (most likely Origi) leaves..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:39pm On Aug 14, 2020
ChrisKels:

Well, I didnt expect nothing less, bkus i new you lack the mental ability to understand the nature, consequences, and the effect his Misadventures is gonna have on other Nigerian players, as regards united.

That said, though you are a total remiss, but, I think you should worry more about improving on your semantics than ranting here at a every given time.

You wey no lack mental ability where e don carry you go ? Village headmaster /Local champion

I am sure your mental ability has taken you no where in this life cheesy

Dey there dey speak yeye grammar , that wont stop you from being the sadist that you are

Stupid boy from ENUGU BUSH

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:42pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

Signing an attacker this summer was a big priority for Liverpool until the AFCON was postponed because we would have lost Salah and Mane in January...
As it stands,its very unlikely we will sign another attacker unless one of the current one (most likely Origi) leaves..

Minamino and co still dey bench oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
Utonwanne:
Considering what's going on, I think joining Valencia will be bad move for Chuks. Seems Villarreal cooking something better.

Valencia has no clear project

Villarreal and Valencia are going in two different directions
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

True...the more reason why I wasn't comfortable with the Chukwueze to Atletico rumours..

But WTF is wrong with Simeone?
Must he always play defensive football?

Mourinho na learner for where this guy Dy o..

grin
I think he has not yet recovered from the trauma of coaching the Barcelona of Argentine football, River plate to the bottom of the table. The fear of losing streaks still haunts him and makes him make rash defensive decisions.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 1:48pm On Aug 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Minamino and co still dey bench oooo

Ehen...u don't mean it..when did Liverpool signed "CO" wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
Utonwanne:
Considering what's going on, I think joining Valencia will be bad move for Chuks. Seems Villarreal cooking something better.

Valencia has no clear project

I swear it will be bad because unai emery is already raiding valencia and have collected some of their best players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
elyte89:

Ehen...u don't mean it..when did Liverpool signed "CO" wink

grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 1:59pm On Aug 14, 2020
kellycute:

Onomah is definitely one of the lad.

Invited to SE or Super Falcons ?
Abeg that boy is below average
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:03pm On Aug 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

Liverpool lack depth in attack. Do you realise how much they struggle without the front three? Playing Chamberlain in attack? With all the super-sub talk, Origi was subbed in 26 times and had no goal.

It's certain that Liverpool would sign an attacker this year. Certain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 2:05pm On Aug 14, 2020
Source please?

TheLoneCitizen:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by godspeed: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I like where you said to me because you for start arguement wey no get ending grin

2 world best my ass ,even players better than him didn’t smell world best

My guy no see african best win and you Dey talk world best ,maybe if dem add okochadinho to him name e for win am

He might not be wrong after all, look at players like Denilson and Dembele, what skills do they possess to command such astronomical fees they were sold for?

The beat African player ever was not even sold for a fraction of those fees.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You wey no lack mental ability where e don carry you go ? Village headmaster /Local champion

I am sure your mental ability has taken you no where in this life cheesy

Dey there dey speak yeye grammar , that wont stop you from being the sadist that you are

Stupid boy from ENUGU BUSH

The bolded is probably right bkus I have noticed that seeing you and some others sad in here gives me erection

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by godspeed: 2:18pm On Aug 14, 2020
[quote author=godspeed post=92810960]

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:24pm On Aug 14, 2020
godspeed:

He might not be wrong after all, look at players like Denilson and Dembele, what skills do they possess to command such astronomical fees they were sold for?

The beat African player ever was not even sold for a fraction of those fees.

He is very wrong but that’s his opinion

Are we talking about the most expensive player here or the most skillful player ?

Wetin even consign dembele and denilson ? Is football all about skills ?

He said he is the best 10 the world have ever seen and that’s the biggest lie I heard this year ,he didn’t even say Africa but the world

(1) (2) (3) ... (9236) (9237) (9238) (9239) (9240) (9241) (9242) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RichardKajola(m), mikhe2(m), uchenna55 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.