Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,752 members, 7,806,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11564014 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9355) (9356) (9357) (9358) (9359) (9360) (9361) ... (16110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
ChrisKels:

That is what separate them from other countries, especially England. England caps you not because you are a quality player, rather, they can you hoping that you turn out a quality player in the future, and by so doing, deny you the opportunity to rep your other nation if eventually, things don't turn out as envisaged.

Just look at the many players of dual nationality France has neglected, if it was England in their shoes, they would have been long capped.

Look at players like Isa Diop, Bounar Sarr, Zagadou and many other quality players that England would have hurriedly capped if they were in the position of France.

Compare those players to the likes of Tomori, Hudson Odoi, Tammy et al grin

Engalnd doesn't produced that many quality players..

They just like to hype their players at youth level..
Ibe,Solanke,Shaw,Lingard,etc..

But u see France, Germany,Spain and Italy, they produce quality ballers..

That's why their national teams are more successful than England's..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2020
elyte89:

He belongs to d "OLD LEGS" according to d majority cool

Exactly!

And if he can't prove to be any better in serieA, he will remain on exile from the national team...

We have other players waiting in line...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
Utonwanne:

We are talking about Onazi's age, yes he was !

Someone that implied that Awaziem is older than Balogun....can never believe that Onazi is 27!

The guy is not joking, whenever he is supporting a Nigerian born it is to disparage another Nigerian born

Watch and see grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2020
Subzero047:

The guy is not joking, whenever he is supporting a Nigerian born it is to disparage another Nigerian born

Watch and see grin
U know his game grin ...
I remember him drumming support for Onauchu at the AFCON after he was selected ahead of Osimhen cheesy

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
People are funny o...
The same Onazi that was branded a bag of beans and a certified carpenter is who some people want back in the national team because he joined a serieA club? grin

It's no problem na..
Let's see him perform first...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2020
komekn:

I disagree how many of the current young pretenders have actually got to the levels of Onazi.

Yes he lost form but he is now playing in Seria A and if he performs then his call up should be automatic.IMO.

The bolded is the koko, let him do that first then we will call for his recall.

Same as player who are also in the Top 5 league who has sent really gotten much chance under Rhor.
Players like

Maja
Lookman
Nwankali
Taiwo
Simmy
TDB
Success
Kingsley

If this players perform better than the people occuping the positions then we can call for there invitation. They shouldn't get automatic invitation.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
mostob:
CM? yes
DM? I don't think so. Though I still never give up on Mikel Agu

I will prefer giving a young frank onyeka a chance than recalling onazi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Alhassan
Aremu
Ebuehi
Nwakali

Spyglass on the quartet for this new season!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2020
Danielnino00:
People are funny o...
The same Onazi that was branded a bag of beans and a certified carpenter is who some people want back in the national team because he joined a serieA club? grin

It's no problem na..
Let's see him perform first...

U never knw 9ja fans cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2020
Danielnino00:

Engalnd doesn't produced that many quality players..

They just like to hype their players at youth level..
Ibe,Solanke,Shaw,Lingard,etc..

But u see France, Germany,Spain and Italy, they produce quality ballers..

That's why their national teams are more successful than England's..

England players is all about hype. Their media made us see a mediocre player as lingard to be quality

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 11:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
komekn:

He is 27 not 37.

It's so obvious the level of blatant Hypocrisy and double standard we have here.

He has been talked about pages ago, his pictures while on medicals were posted, but you want to see what you choose to see.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
That was Elder Kog45.

Utonwanne:

We are talking about Onazi's age, yes he was !

Someone that implied that Awaziem is older than Balogun.... can never believe that Onazi is 27!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 12:03am On Aug 28, 2020
WHY A LATVIAN TEAM WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

It may sound Absurd but a Latvian team may win the champions league one day.
They are sourcing talents from football Academies in Nigeria and Africa.
Africans are genetically talented for sports.
This is how France used diasporan Africans to win the world cup.
There are now many Nigerian players flocking there at an alarming rate.
These Nigerian players are good but raw. What will happen in Latvia is that they
will simply refine then and win Uefa or the Champions League with them.
Africa's inability to manage human resources is funny. Other countries see it and take advantage.
The difference between home grown Africans and diasporan Africans (who were born in Europe) is
just the training and exposure.
This is probably why Valmeria does not want to sell Tolu Arokodare. They want to fill their team with blacks, win things with them and peharps naturalize them to play for the national team.
I dont know but we Africans dont know how to harness, use or develop talent. Human resources is something we dont understand
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:03am On Aug 28, 2020
Philosopher1979:

These Nigerian players are good but raw. What will happen in Latvia is that they
Africa's inability to manage human resources is funny. Other countries see it and take advantage.
The difference between home grown Africans and diasporan Africans (who were born in Europe) is
This is probably why Valmeria does not want to sell Tolu Arokodare. They want to fill their team with blacks, win things with them and peharps naturalize them to play for the national team.
I dont know but we Africans dont know how to harness, use or develop talent. Human resources is something we dont understand

Receive sense in Jesus' name

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 3:30am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
That was Elder Kog45.

You must have missed Komekn's whole-hearted agreement without any hint of reservation to that post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 3:33am On Aug 28, 2020
Philosopher1979:

How can clubs with difficulty holding onto their best players for more than a year gain the stability required to challenge for the UCL?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:27am On Aug 28, 2020
mostob:
Bro..when I heard stoke,I just weak. As in ..England second division fah.
There are teams in Spain,Italy and France that he can still play for na
he doesn't want to leave England

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:36am On Aug 28, 2020
Philosopher1979:

brooooooooooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:57am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
That was Elder Kog45.

Thanks bro.....

Sorry for the misquote oga Komekn

But I still stand ; there's no way you would believe that Onazi is 27!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:58am On Aug 28, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Yeah, they can win it ONE day 100%
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 7:51am On Aug 28, 2020
Utonwanne:

Thanks bro.....

Sorry for the misquote oga Komekn

But I still stand ; there's no way you would believe that Onazi is 27!

Even his younger brother I met in local airport(arik Wing) in 2015 den can't claim 27 cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:01am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
That was Elder Kog45.

Walahi you be master here... na me o not kokmne

...just trying to let people know that there is difference between FB and homegrown when it comes to age

,..oh Awaziem was just a message and i said likely but if I said Azubuike I know some would be very happy that yes he is older than Balogun.

I know Awaziem is not older than Balogun but homegrown Balogun would be 26 by now...

I remember a certain player one Okechucwu that played for Iwuanyawu Nationale in the late 80s and early 90s was called to under 21camp but already 27 years old and told NFA chairman that he was born in UK the man was like you are the youngest here... honestly doctor Nerd it's difficult when one use false age.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:03am On Aug 28, 2020
kellycute:
don't mind him. He left chelsea and turns himself to small club player. Very annoying. Average Nigerians ain't ambitious

A lot of things need to be consider like money, family, playing time n all... Another thing what's left for him to achieve?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:08am On Aug 28, 2020
No I didn't. I was only pointing out who made the actual comment.

elunico:

You must have missed Komekn's whole-hearted agreement without any hint of reservation to that post.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:14am On Aug 28, 2020
Please how was Maduka's performance yesterday?

Thesupernerd

Choi! Senegal's first choice goalkeeper is Chelsea bound oo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:15am On Aug 28, 2020
charlesemeka85:

England players is all about hype. Their media made us see a mediocre player as lingard to be quality

Maybe you and some man united fans

There was no day lingard has ever been seen as quality by me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:20am On Aug 28, 2020
I understand you perfectly elder Kog. smiley

But I sincerely believe Awaziem is definitely young. He was part of Kelechi Nwakali's set at some point but was dropped on grounds of being ineligible by a couple of months to one year I believe. Dude was the team's midfield anchor in the early stages of camping of the 2015 Class. He is legit.

I can speak for Awaziem b'cos the U-17s went through various MRI screenings but I cannot speak for Azubuike Okechukwu b'cos there is no such thing at U-23 level. We have guys who use false ages but we also have lads who use genuine ages especially those who came through our U-17s system since 2013 and Awaziem is one of them. A genuine young lad.

Kog45:
Walahi you be master here... na me o not kokmne

...just trying to let people know that the difference between FB and homegrown when it comes to age

,..oh Awaziem was just a message and i said likely but if I said Azubuike I know some would be very happy that yes he is older than Balogun.

I know Awaziem is not older than Balogun but homegrown Balogun would be 26 by now...

I remember a certain player one Okechucwu that played for Iwuanyawu Nationale in the late 80s and early 90s was called to under 21camp but already 27 years old and told NFA chairman that he was born in UK the man was like you are the youngest here... honestly doctor Nerd it's difficult when one use false age.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:29am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I understand you perfectly elder Kog. smiley

But I sincerely believe Awaziem is definitely young. He was part of Kelechi Nwakali's set at some point but was dropped on grounds of being ineligible by a couple of months to one year I believe. Dude was the team's midfield anchor in the early stages of camping of the 2015 Class. He is legit.

I can speak for Awaziem b'cos the U-17s went through various MRI screenings but I cannot speak for Azubuike Okechukwu b'cos there is no such thing at U-23 level. We have guys who use false ages but we also have lads who use genuine ages especially those who came through our U-17s system since 2013 and Awaziem is one of them. A genuine young lad.

...yes you are right but fact still remains that Awaziem and his U 17 colleagues and Azubuike are homegrown.

Honestly we may have true U17 guys cos I have a friend who was part of bound Japan 93 U17 team and was in secondary school though later lost out to Celestine Babayaro in the final list.

I always frown at Andrew and elyte when it comes to our players age but a fit and active 32 years old FB player is not too old for our national team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2020
He showed flashes of his confidence in goal but he wasn't really tested. Game ended 1-1 and he played the entire 90mins against a fellow Eredivisie side, RKC Waalwijk.

Only four changes made. Emegha started and was very decent upfront in Jersey #11. Was replaced in the 69th min.

The game looks like a really sound prep up game for the League opener so perhaps Okoye is primed to be the #1. Time will tell. They play again next week against Ado Den Haag.

And Senegal's first choice? You mean The one keeping for Rennes? Edouard Mendy? Senegal have good goalies in Ligue 1 Naa. Even Gomis dey Dijon. But I think Mendy is going there to be Number 2 if indeed he moves to the Bridge.

ChrisKels:
Please how was Maduka's performance yesterday?

Thesupernerd

Choi! Senegal's first choice goalkeeper is Chelsea bound oo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 9:00am On Aug 28, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Don’t wanna argue this age thing

But osimhen chuks are the naija born players I believe,not sue if I forgot to mention anyone else

Same person a colleague is arguing with me that he's very much older than 25(which was my bar). His point was that, he knew him from the hood, and na "egbon" dem dey call am grin

I fended him off and insisted I believe what I saw. Someone we all saw grew up right from u17, is the one he used to call "egbon"

Na this same thread people disputed Chuks and even Kalu.

Some of us haven't come to accept the fact that things have changed and we're breeding young players.

He believes KC's age, but not Victor.

Worse part, he's a journalist
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:04am On Aug 28, 2020
Yes, both are homegrown but their routes were also a little different. Awaziem was spotted right from the U-17s. Azubuike, well, he just showed up. Lol

Osimhen, Chukwueze, Ndidi, Ejuke, Arokodare, Moffi, Awoniyi, Iheanacho, etc etc are all home grown but passed through the U-17s system laced with MRI screenings. That's the difference between home grown products of our U-17/Cadet systems and other home grown products.

And don't mind Andrew and Elyte. They have PHDs in age detection so they love to flaunt it. grin But I believe they often refer to those guys who didn't go through the MRI. But thing is they aren't always spot on in this age thing.

And yes ofcourse, an active 32 yrs guy born abroad like Balogun is not old as long as he is active. Defenders in Europe play till 35+ sef. Look at Silva heading to Chelsea at 35 and still a member of Brazil's national team.

Kog45:
...yes you are right but fact still remains that Awaziem and his U 17 colleagues and Azubuike are homegrown.

Honestly we may have true U17 guys cos I have a friend who was part of bound Japan 93 U17 team and was in secondary school though later lost out to Celestine Babayaro in the final list.

I always frown at Andrew and elyte when it comes to our players age but a fit and active 32 years old FB player is not too old for our national team.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 9:09am On Aug 28, 2020
Danielnino00:

Exactly!

And if he can't prove to be any better in serieA, he will remain on exile from the national team...

We have other players waiting in line...
grin that word *Exile* tho..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9355) (9356) (9357) (9358) (9359) (9360) (9361) ... (16110) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.