Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11579611 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12114) (12115) (12116) (12117) (12118) (12119) (12120) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:47am On Jan 09, 2022
jieta:
Lol you be things.

I like your perspective, is good we have people who still practice our old traditional way of life.

It is our Identity. It is who we are.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:47am On Jan 09, 2022
ChrisKels:

Idíat! grin

You have been misled by dem clergies who lied to you that the traditional way of life is evil.

Lol! I don't knack jazz because I'm not evil, but I have ofor na ogu that fights my battles.
I will never wish a fellow man death, but if you wish me death, as long as you walk this Earth and you drink water. The earth will hunt you down, and water you drink will become poison to you. That is just it. I believe in egbe belu... and whoever said we shall not live, shall take a leave before us to go find out what life looks like at the other side grin
na joke oo cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:48am On Jan 09, 2022
kingphilip:

Na so.

Make Nigeria call am to replace Igahlo jare

Can he still be recalled?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 10:50am On Jan 09, 2022
grin grin grin

Danielnino00:
Napoli have announced that Osimhen has tested negative for Covid-19 and will return to Italy..

grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:50am On Jan 09, 2022
jihday:
scammers
Fear Italian Mafia grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 10:51am On Jan 09, 2022
Football Italia
OFFICIAL: OSIMHEN RECOVERS FROM COVID

Napoli announce their striker Victor Osimhen has recovered from COVID and will return to Italy in the coming hours.

The Nigeria international tested positive for COVID at the end of December, so he could not return to Naples to undergo medical examination on his cheekbone injury because of which he had been ruled out for at least three months.

However, he was supposed to play in the Africa Cup of Nations with his national team wearing a protective mask but was eventually not included in the team because of COVID.

The Partenopei have now announced that the 23-year-old has recovered and is on his way to Naples.

“Victor is negative for COVID and will return to Italy in the coming hours,” the Partenopei wrote on Twitter.

The player will undergo medical examinations upon his return to Italy and could be available for Napoli’s upcoming Serie A games.

Napoli face Sampdoria at 15.30 UK time today. Their next two matches are against Fiorentina in Coppa Italia (Thursday 13) and Bologna (Monday 17) in Serie A.

� Victor è negativo al Covid-19 �@victorosimhen9 rientrerà in Italia nelle prossime ore!

� #ForzaNapoliSempre pic.twitter.com/n9uLbC2Xgr

— Official SSC Napoli (@sscnapoli) January 9, 2022

Napoli just played a fast one on Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:52am On Jan 09, 2022
kingphilip:

Na so.

Make Nigeria call am to replace Igahlo jare

Too late.. Ighalo can't be replaced unless he is injured.

And also, I don't think a player that was replaced on the list can be recalled back again...

I don't want to believe that Napoli played us because Osimhen has been in Nigeria till now..
Something fishy definitely went on...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:55am On Jan 09, 2022
Papi85:
na joke oo cheesy

Come on, I knew you were joking
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DefHQ: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2022
Napoli just played a fast one on Nigeria

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 10:58am On Jan 09, 2022
ChrisKels:

Can he still be recalled?
I'm not really sure since they've told CAF they're replacing him earlier.

But even at that, the lillylivered NFF will not take any action against Napoli.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kingphilip(m): 11:01am On Jan 09, 2022
Danielnino00:

Too late.. Ighalo can't be replaced unless he is injured.

And also, I don't think a player that was replaced on the list can be recalled back again...

I don't want to believe that Napoli played us because Osimhen has been in Nigeria till now..
Something fishy definitely went on...
They definitely played us a fast one o.

I don't know why Osimhen cooperated with them.

We should have even left it how Collins own is, when he recovers, he'll continue with the squad and contribute what he can for the squad.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DefHQ: 11:03am On Jan 09, 2022
kingphilip:

We should have even left it how Collins own is, when he recovers, he'll continue with the squad and contribute what he can for the squad.

He didn't... He badly wanted to be at the Afcon.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:06am On Jan 09, 2022
kingphilip:

Is this a bad use of English or watchu trynna insinuate oga?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Elock1: 11:06am On Jan 09, 2022
johnchima007:
Dem no dey telli person. Majority of failed marriages today showed red flags during courtship but many turned blind eyes to it. When the trouble go start for marriage na body go tell you. I'm very sure you won't forgive yourself especially when you remember that you saw the red flags and had the opportunity to avoid it. I'm not a proponent of clan/community stereotyping, but Arondizuogu Ohafia Abiriba, Arochukwu in the Igbo land have some spiritual configuration that only them and their people understands best. It is usually dangerous for outsiders (Non indigene) to venture to those places without due diligent investigation. Make God no let person go carry him head go magnet more problems in the name of marriage. Finally before you marry as a man, please it is not enough to know the girl alone, you must also understand her friends, and family view/mentality on issues before considering the marriage. Just like in football, her family and friends are the Technical directors/coaches through which the tactics she will be dishing out in marriage will come from.

On this note, I welcome everyone to this year's Afcon.. I can't wait for kick off. Abeg if you know of any medium through which I can stream live Afcon matches online, biko share..

I dunno about other areas u mentioned, but Ohafia is no longer like that, I'm from there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by johnchima007(m): 11:08am On Jan 09, 2022
Seriously! I have never heard of them. Which state and local government dem dey?
ChrisKels:

From the bolded, stereotypically, where did you place Ezeagu Igbudu, especially Iwolo? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:18am On Jan 09, 2022
Elock1:
I dunno about other areas u mentioned, but Ohafia is no longer like that, I'm from there.

Me too, I doubt Ohafia is still like that, but culturally, they are too matriarchal, hence their women hardly marry a none Ohafian. When I was with one from Akanu, she told me straight up that even though I was an Abian like her that there was a dent since I was not from Ohafia, secondly, her parents were core presbyts(the popular church in Ohafia), and they don't like Catholics. The most brilliant girl I have ever dated, in fact, tears ran down my cheek the day we called it quit, that thing come make me dey distaste Ohafia culture because e dey partial since the boys can even marry from pluto cry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:19am On Jan 09, 2022
johnchima007:

Seriously! I have never heard of them. Which state and local government dem dey?

Ezeagu local government is in Enugu State. Read about them, if you haven't heard about them already.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:23am On Jan 09, 2022
Our comrades are already on Napoli Facebook page to do the needful grin cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:29am On Jan 09, 2022
Danielnino00:
Napoli have announced that Osimhen has tested negative for Covid-19 and will return to Italy..

grin grin

Many of you guys where right about Napoli

He will now be available for their next week game grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:33am On Jan 09, 2022
kingphilip:

Osimhen have no choice than to corporate

Nobody should blame Dennis as I said earlier ,and nobody should also blame osimhen for doing so .

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 11:39am On Jan 09, 2022
Papi85:
aside the signs I hv been seeing both spiritually and physically many told me that pple from the girls place don’t stay in their husbands house, they are promiscuous, strong hearted and fetish

That it is very difficult to bend their women and for peace to reign that the man hv to take a back sit as a weakling while the woman attains the role of the head

Baba me na lion and a very stubborn person so I rather remain single than give up my pride and position as a man

Even this mentioned behaviors I must confess I do notice it in her most especially the issue of been hardened/strong hearted

She is very stubborn as well and a type that when offended she finds it difficult to forgive unless I involve my sister or friend or even her elder sis and bro. It’s takes 2-3 days to appease her when ever I wrong her with constant begging

Also the word ‘sorry’ is not in her dictionary
I find it hard giving advice on issues like this because most times the person involve might have made up their minds or in a mental unstable condition but as a man once the red flags out weight the little positivity that still makes you think things can work out please just walk away for your sanity and with time you will be healed. And this part of her character or attitude is damn much of a red flag that will grow worst when she finally has the legal right as a wife. Comerade my advice is in the pics below wink

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:47am On Jan 09, 2022
TFLASHOGEE:
I find it hard giving advice on issues like this because most times the person involve might have made up their minds or in a mental unstable condition but as a man once the red flags out weight the little positivity that still makes you think things can work out please just walk away for your sanity and with time you will be healed. And this part of her character or attitude is damn much of a red flag that will grow worst when she finally has the legal right as a wife. Comerade my advice is in the pics below wink
thanks boss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2022
Told you guys that Napoli will declare Osimhen ready this week. Well they just confirmed he has tested negative. Dude was blocked by whatever means from representing Nigeria just so they could have him.

Make Osimhen nor make me come dislike am ooh. The love I have for him is massive. I was among those who felt he should stay away from Afcon ONLY if his doctors feel he is not fit and healed. But seems he's healed and fit. Napoli just didn't want to lose him and miss out on the Seria-A title.

Anyway, na him sabi. African players are not known in history for their club exploits, they're recognized for their exploits here— in "Africa Cup Of Nations."

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 11:48am On Jan 09, 2022
Papi85:
bro the signs are not positive but I hv been pushing on because of the love I hv for her

Since I hv been with her till date whenever I see her in my dream it’s all negative

Even 3 nights ago I saw myself in a dream where I went visiting at her home town. The father welcomed me and was happy to see me. I was discussing with the dad all of a sudden an old man who should be in his early 70s or mid 60s surfaced from no where. The old man looked haggard,rough and drunk. So the dad asked the man who he is looking for and the old man replied that he came to ask for the girls hand in marriage

I got provoked and confronted the man immediately even her dad joined me. We were asking the man how shameful he is coming to marry a girl whom he is over 3 times her age but upon all the shouting and threat the old refused to leave insisting that he must take the girl home as his wife

So after much fight the old man grudgingly left the compound and sat outside still waiting

The next the I saw in the same dream was another guy, this time a young guy who should be around my age but dirty and rough.. he also came that he wants to marry the girl as well

This time the girls dad was confused and didn’t know what to do anymore but I was the one that stood in shouting at the guy even we were at the point of fighting before I woke up

I hv seen a lot of signs via dream but this is the latest one I saw about 3 abi 4 nights ago
Bro.. please back off. Marriage is for a lifetime and one needs to enjoy it with peace of mind. Forget about love bro .what if the love is induced and not naturally from your heart?
My advice is, call this girl and tell her what's up but never mention your people's stance lest she blame them.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 11:50am On Jan 09, 2022
kingphilip:

I can bet my left ribs oshimen must have fought to be us but you know sometimes the power that be might be more powerful..

Las las na Naples dey fund him wages, him gats to use his brain
But I bet oshimen fought like a wounded lion..

It's the NFf and pinick I don't understand their lifestyle..

During last world cup qualifiers against SA that Musa goal was ruled out, instead of rohr and pinnick to fight for it, they waved it.. maybe because we had qualified..
I watched SAFA tussle it out with Ghana FA 2 times Ghana used ojoro and got better of them, 1 they won after replay and reffere suspended.. 2nd which was the recent, they fought with their last blood with the help of the CAF president who's a southie, thoor they lost that one but it was a good fight..

I've not seen any club disrespect any of nothern African teams.. imagine clubs witholding Egypt or Morocco players? That can never happen.

I don't know why people at the helm of affairs of Nigerian football becomes toothless when it's external transgression or matters that affects us.. but these crooks will use the tax payers resources and all within their arsenal to fight internal oppositions..
They will siphon funds and chop until they belleful, but do simple things that you re capable of, they won't do..
I am so ashamed of these people

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2022
DefHQ:

His club threatened him Oga. Or you think he'll come out and say it?

Napoli knows without Osimhen they stand no chance on the title. Hence they used the bribe trick. Anyone is bribe-able in Nigeria. But what do I know?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 11:53am On Jan 09, 2022
bazooka1:

Why won't he spill it? He is not a talented goalkeeper. This bunch is the worst set of goalkeepers we have every produced to a major tournament.
Maduka is good. Una no jus like am.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ekusigo: 11:53am On Jan 09, 2022
komekn:

My favourite team to win that I want to win from my heart is Nigeria.

same here.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 11:54am On Jan 09, 2022
mostob:
Bro.. please back off. Marriage is for a lifetime and one needs to enjoy it with peace of mind. Forget about love bro .what if the love is induced and not naturally from your heart?
My advice is, call this girl and tell her what's up but never mention your people's stance lest she blame them.
currently we re having issues and I want to hold onto that to step

This issue started 2 days ago and after much pleading she refused even after I involved my cousin that I went to her place with all to no avail

Immediately I stepped foot at her place on the 28 of last month to familiarize myself with her family and make my intentions known it’s not up to a week this issues start erupting with manu hidden messages surfacing

Yesterday she chatted me trying to see if I will still try to beg her because she is surprised that since she left I didn’t bother calling her unlike me, I opened up to her that we re not compatible and that we should take time out to seek for the face of God to know if we are on the right path

That if we are meant to be a couple that nature will bring us back but I will advise we search ourselves by prayers before we continue with the plans we hv

I didn’t open up to her about my people’s opinion and the prophesies I hv been getting of late

But since we started dating anytime I see those bad and scary signs in my dream I do tel her always

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 11:58am On Jan 09, 2022
seankafor:
I can bet my left ribs oshimen must have fought to be us but you know sometimes the power that be might be more powerful..

Las las na Naples dey fund him wages, him gats to use his brain
But I bet oshimen fought like a wounded lion..

It's the NFf and pinick I don't understand their lifestyle..

During last world cup qualifiers against SA that Musa goal was ruled out, instead of rohr and pinnick to fight for it, they waved it.. maybe because we had qualified..
I watched SAFA tussle it out with Ghana FA 2 times Ghana used ojoro and got better of them, 1 they won after replay and reffere suspended.. 2nd which was the recent, they fought with their last blood with the help of the CAF president who's a southie, thoor they lost that one but it was a good fight..

I've not seen any club disrespect any of nothern African teams.. imagine clubs witholding Egypt or Morocco players? That can never happen.

I don't know why people at the helm of affairs of Nigerian football becomes toothless when it's external transgression or matters that affects us.. but these crooks will use the tax payers resources and all within their arsenal to fight internal oppositions..
They will siphon funds and chop until they belleful, but do simple things that you re capable of, they won't do..
I am so ashamed of these people

Trust me they have given these clubs balls to do these things again and again. They now see us as toothless and voiceless. Next Afcon expect more of this.

And it's shameful. You can't try these things with other Africa countries and go free. You can't even think of doing it to European countries talkless of doing it to Asian countries. But see how small Watford messed us up and embarrassed us. The terrorist club that Ighalo plays for even withheld him and nothing we could do, not even an interview of the NFF president was seen where he was speaking with boldness and threatenning the clubs. These things means a lot in international power play.

Once your adversaries see you as weak, they will keep chopping your body off till you're left with bones.

I'm ashamed for real.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2022
DefHQ:

The COVID shit was fake. Whether they threatened or bribed him, I'm sure he cooperated.

Do you know that Pinnick wanted to push further with the COVID saga but Osimhen told him not to worry that other strikers should be given a chance to shine and that he won't play well. How can someone who seriously wanted to be at AFCON turn back to say such a thing?

Secondly, the day he was supposed to have his second scan to clear him for AFCON was the day the "COVID" was announced. He did not take the scan again. If that is not cooperation then cooperation has a different meaning. I don't really blame him though. He has tried.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 12:04pm On Jan 09, 2022
I wonder what those who have constantly criticized Dennis over the past few days would have to say about Osimhen's covid case.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12114) (12115) (12116) (12117) (12118) (12119) (12120) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: iamdynamite(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.