Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11577993 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12262) (12263) (12264) (12265) (12266) (12267) (12268) ... (16117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 8:58pm On Jan 15, 2022
Danielnino00:
Ndidi balled hard again today...
Aribo was also amazing, regardless of the few heavy touches that let him down.
Aina, aside the penalty was flawless today..
Nwakali and Iwobi balled well in the second half...
Simon has been free from Rohr's choke! We can now enjoy him..
Ekonh and Omeruo solid as usual..

Apart from Sadiq, everybody on the pitch today had a great game..

The funny thing is that I don't think we played to our full strength today..At times we were too slow ..
I expect Eguavon to start a fresh team against Guinea Bissau on Tuesday...

Now , let's deliberate on the cohesiveness and how smooth the team , in each half of the match. I am not very big on individual play if it doesn't contribute to the general team performance.

Cc.Danielnino00

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2022
Subzero047:

It is ridiculous to give Maduka Okoye credit for rendering Salah barren, Ekong, Sanusi and Moses Simon worked so hard to restrict Salah from having a sniff at our goal that the only thing he mustered was a tame shot that hit Maduka's foot so the credit should be given to our defenders not Maduka

The one and only time Salah was a real threat, it was Maduka that quenched him and he was only a threat because Ekong tried to play a fast one that was not so fast.

Una go just make person dey defend who dem no even suppose dey defend.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

No you are not and you still don't understand. But leave it. grin

It’s you that don’t understand anything about the game played else you wouldn’t have been talking about stats that said nothing about the game plan today.

We saw Eguavoen instructing Aina to move forward to support the Chuks. Why?

Did your stats tell us about that? Mbanu!

Please, don’t come here to start confusing the gullible with “they suppose to recycle the ball” when we saw Eguavoen barking at the players to press forward. Abi! You wan deny say you no see am!? grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jan 15, 2022
Matters arising: Jose Peseiro

We've seen how good Eguavon has impacted the team with a positive play. Even hard core Rohr supporters now believe sacking Rohr was the right thing to do.

This new coach coming on board are we sure he won't set us back to Rohr days and philosophy? Considering he last coached Venezuela and used an ultra defensive 5 in the back formation with them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 9:02pm On Jan 15, 2022
andrewbaba44:
The dragging of Maduka Okoye on Twitter looks like hating to me

They had to wait for him to concede a Pk

Too bad from Nigerians

It is all because he has been getting praises from women, so, today, they just want to hate on him

They are calling it banter, but a lot of it is premeditated. If it was Uzoho, they will say it is because he faked his age

Nigerians kill me, I swear.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2022
Eguavoen was unprofessional and disrespectful in his substitution of Chukwueze.

You all came out of the same dressing room, yet you allowed the player to return to the pitch and before the second half resume, you yank him off.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
DABIGATRAN:
I think Iwobi is better fit in midfield than on the wings. I guess the coach wants to give the Onyekurus and Ejukes a full run in the next game. Otherwise they would have been more suitable alternatives today.

Great observation , he was actually more threatening from that right side midfield/wing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
If to say awoniyi no score today ehnn some certain monikers for come slander ,even some still Dey talk say we miss osimhen ,how many times must you guys remind us ? Support awoniyi for this afcon abeg,once osimhen is back we will support him

Moses Simon don Kuku do Wetin pass una power so that side Na no go area grin

You guys should cut nwakali and Maduka some slack,sotey una come slander them pass sadiq

Maduka didn’t have a bad game and so do Nwakali ,it’s not Maduka fault that he hasn’t been tested

I am not a fan of any of Maduka and Nwakali ,you guys are just too harsh on them abeg .

Up super eagles
God bless you all

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2022
Beloved03:
Matters arising: Jose Peseiro

We've seen how good Eguavon has impacted the team with a positive play. Even hard core Rohr supporters now believe sacking Rohr was the right thing to do.

This new coach coming on board are we sure he won't set us back to Rohr days and philosophy? Considering he last coached Venezuela and used an ultra defensive 5 in the back formation with them.

Do you realise Peseiro is in the dressing room of the Super Eagles? How are you so sure this upturn in performance is not down to his mere presence?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2022
forgiveness:

It’s you that don’t understand anything about the game played else you wouldn’t have been talking about stats that said nothing about the game plan today.

We saw Eguavoen instructing Aina to move forward to support the Chuks? Why?

Please, don’t come here start confusing the gullible with “they suppose to recycle the ball” when we saw Eguavoen barking at the players to press forward. Abi! You wan deny say you no see am!? grin

Bye Bye Forgiveness. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2022
[quote author=lloydtruth post=109399952]Next match we should go with this lineup
1. Uzoho
2. Ehuehi
3. Collins
4. Onyeka
5. Awaziem
6. Ajayi
7. Olayinka
8. Nwakali
9. Awoniyi
10. Iwobi
11. Onyekuru
[/Quote]Naa.. You don't change almost all your starters.

9 points is very important so as to get a best loser in the playoffs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

You all came out of the same dressing room, yet you allowed the player to return to the pitch and before the second half resume, you yank him off.

There is nothing disrespectful about chukwueze substitution

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2022
Danielnino00:

Apart from Sadiq, everybody on the pitch today had a great game..

He has been very poor. I would prefer Musa coming in to replace Awoniyi as top 9 rather than Sadiq.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2022
safarigirl:

The one and only time Salah was a real threat, it was Maduka that quenched him and he was only a threat because Ekong tried to play a fast one that was not so fast.

Una go just make person dey defend who dem no even suppose dey defend.

It was a tame shot and not a real threat, saying that Maduka was responsible for stopping Salah is over the top
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2022
forgiveness:

We saw Eguavoen instructing Aina to move forward to support the Chuks. Why?

Please, don’t come here to start confusing the gullible with “they suppose to recycle the ball” when we saw Eguavoen barking at the players to press forward. Abi! You wan deny say you no see am!? grin

You always make things look more complicated than they are. The midfield was weak and porous in most of first half. The early goal sort of masked the alarming rate at which our midfield was overran. You can still praise Aribo and still be objective.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2022
safarigirl:

It is all because he has been getting praises from women, so, today, they just want to hate on him

They are calling it banter, but a lot of it is premeditated. If it was Uzoho, they will say it is because he faked his age

Nigerians kill me, I swear.

Nigerians and wahala

Maduka is not my favorite but he hasn’t put a wrong hand at this afcon so far

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Let us follow the issue on ground. Not respecting Chukwueze.

The fact on ground is that Chukwueze should learn how to play with the full-back. There were times Aina made daring runs but Chukwueze chose to ignore him, making runs with the ball and losing it.

When Iwobi came on, his link-up play with Aina was better.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 9:09pm On Jan 15, 2022
Egypt struggling again grin And dey overhype them before AFCON start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Omanambala(m): 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
Beloved03:

He has been very poor. I would prefer Musa coming in to replace Awoniyi as top 9 rather than Sadiq.

Nwakaeme would do better. Plus Sadiq Umar stamina is very questionable.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
Joebie:
The defense played a huge part. However. He stretched his leg to block Salah’s goal bound shot. Did he look confident in that game?

If he didn't block that shot then it would be head scratching, I don't think he did anything out of the ordinary to be given credit for
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 15, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Lol you get a coach that doesn't react or make substitution until the 87th min e.g. Rohr, you complain.

You get another coach that reacts fast and makes necessary subs early e.g Eguavon, you still complain.

Wetin una want sef?

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
[quote author=MetalJigsaw post=109403323][/quote]
If Egypt draws, we're automatically top of the group.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 9:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
Omanambala:

Imagine if it was NWAKALI that was losing all those ball ARIBO was losing in the first 25 minutes..they wouda crucified him and us....lol

I saw Aribo lose possession three times in the first 25 minutes and our midfield collapsed in this period.
Did you also see the balls he was recovering?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2022
andrewbaba44:

What did Maduka did wrong today,like what fault ?

Dragging him for not saving a pk ?

Enter twitter and see for yourself

Una no rate Maduka fine , but please point out his wrongs at today game that made dem score

dkay51:

what?? he hasn't put a wrong foot forward?? make we take am easy dey cap.

I can count three in this match alone off the top of my head without rewatching.

First, he jumped to catch a ball (not under pressure I must add) and dropped the ball, luckily the Sudan forward wasnt close enough to make us pay.

Second he tried punch out a ball and it dropped right in front of him, luckily it was a green shirt.

Third, when he tried to dive to try an mop up the ball that Omeruo not took out.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2022
andrewbaba44:

There is nothing disrespectful about chukwueze substitution

Thank you

As if say na birth right for chukwueze to play 90mins...abi was he expecting eguavoen to write a formal letter to chuks b4 substituting him..I even commend d act ,it shows d coach has guts unlike our white okrika coach DT would wait till 89min b4 substituting.. WC most times cost d team grin,

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2022
TheLoneCitizen:

Do you realise Peseiro is in the dressing room of the Super Eagles? How are you so sure this upturn in performance is not down to his mere presence?

Lol do you have proof of this claim e.g reported news or you are just assuming he is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dkay51(m): 9:14pm On Jan 15, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Nigerians and wahala

Maduka is not my favorite but he hasn’t put a wrong hand at this afcon so far

Let's call a spade a spade. He has made a couple of blunders in the tournament already, all these he hasnt put a wrong foot forward are all lies.

Its better you speak on his overall performance to counter.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:14pm On Jan 15, 2022
TheSuperNerd:

Bye Bye Forgiveness. grin

Before nko? You don’t have anything to say else you would have written your epistle on it to back it up na. cheesy

My man, you were caught red-handed given a wrong/false analysis of the game. Sorry! grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2022
dkay51:

Let's call a spade a spade. He has made a couple of blunders in the tournament already, all these he hasnt put a wrong foot forward are all lies.

Its better you speak on his overall performance to counter.

Couple of blunders like what ?

He didn’t make any blunder against Egypt ,he didn’t do anything that caused any goal today but a couple of blunders ,you Dey hear yourself ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jan 15, 2022
andrewbaba44:

So they where expecting okoye to save that pk ?

no one expecting OKOYE to save that pk.

But FIRST did you watch the match?

If see a player with BOLDNESS AND CONFIDENCE LIKE THIS GINAU BISSAU GOAL KEEPER WHEN DEY GIVE EGYPT HEAT like so?

SHEY YOU GO KNOW?

THE MATCH IS ON ONGOING TRY GO TAKE A PEEP.

MADUKA OKOYE IS A STILL AN AMATEUR.

He's still a learner and might cause us this afcon.

watch the pk again, anyone infact everyone can see we are not safe with him in the GOAL LINE.

IS EITHER WE ACCEPT IT AND WORK ON HIM TO GET BETTER.

OR WE DENY THE FACT

AND COLLECT FROM THOSE ATTACKING TEAMS LIKE CAMERON AND SENEGAL OR EVEN EGYPT IN THE KNOCK OUT STAGES AGAIN

I WON'T MAKE ANY MORE COMMENTS.

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2022
elyte89:

As if say na birth right for chukwueze to play 90mins...abi was he expecting eguavoen to write a formal letter to chuks b4 substituting him..I even commend d act ,it shows d coach has guts unlike our white okrika coach DT would wait till 89min b4 substituting.. WC most times cost d team grin,

Lol I tire oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:17pm On Jan 15, 2022
Barrister026:

no one expecting OKOYE to save that pk.

But FIRST did you watch the match?

If see a player with BOLDNESS AND CONFIDENCE LIKE THIS GINAU BISSAU GOAL KEEPER WHEN DEY GIVE EGYPT HEAT?

SHEY YOU GO KNOW.

THE MATCH IS ON ONGOING TRY GO TAKE A PEEP.

MADUKA OKOYE IS A STILL AN AMATEUR.

watch the pk again, anyone infact everyone can see we are not safe with him in the GOAL LINE.

IS EITHER WE ACCEPT IT AND WORK ON HIM TO GET BETTER.

OR WE DENY

AND COLLECT FROM THOSE ATTACKING TEAMS LIKE CAMERON AND SENEGAL IN THE KNOCK OUT STAGE

He is shaky ?

What was his mistake that led to any goal ? Point this out

Senegal yen yen yen ,people that cannot attack Zimbabwe

Oga make I hear word

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12262) (12263) (12264) (12265) (12266) (12267) (12268) ... (16117) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ouzo1(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.