Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11536817 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12392) (12393) (12394) (12395) (12396) (12397) (12398) ... (16098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dankorode(m): 4:17pm On Jan 21, 2022
JohnBullMySon:
Simon Osimhen. Lookman

This should scare any World Cup opposition in March.
which lookman abeg?U mean d one wey never declare to play for us or another one?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PurpleHouse(m): 4:18pm On Jan 21, 2022
I rate Aina highly here, and have severally spoke about how massive he is for an attacking side. But give and take, on his day Ebuehi is better.

You're rating a player who came to camp late, struggled to gain composure in a game with many strangers (none first team players), to compare a player that has settled into the team (Ola).

Naaah. Give the kid a run of games as Ola and then judge afterwards. He's too smooth on the ball that you hardly notice his massive depth. I saw him try to march forward severall but Iwobi wasn't clicking, drifted to the midfield and left Ebuehi most alone.

And do you see how he smoothly collected the ball from his opponent on a one on one before the ref blew for an offside? Dammn. Make una nor dey look down on who never settle down into the team.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2022
semid4lyfe:

If anything, Nwakali's presence overburdened Ndidi and made him work more.

If that's what you mean by "impressive in Nwakali's presence", then I agree with you.

Cheers

This

This.

Exactly This!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2022
semid4lyfe:

I have sent you to cool off for a while.

Enjoy.

No , you use your little power to oppress people who disagree with your opinion. You are not a man of justice! You are very corrupt just like your countrymen. The guy you banned didn't break any rule....simply telling you you sound like a blind man is not offence if you couldn't ban handles calling people "crack heads" , "edu" ,"ezi" and these were reported to you.

You are corrupt and bias, semid!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:

This

This.

Exactly This!

You are a cheerleader now, even when the post is nonsensical ?

Wonders shall never end
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2022
IDENNAA:

So , Mr Moderator! You were told you sounded like a blink man and you banned the handle...but this moniker called a person "drug addict" and they don't get banned.

Because you were countered you got into your feelings and used your little moderator power to show how hurt you were.

You have no semblance of integrity because on many occasions people have been reported for flouting rules but you kept mute because it's was not your person who is being attacked.

You are grossly incompetent and unethical! Enjoy your little power.

cheesy cheesy

Cry me a River

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2022
IDENNAA:

You are a cheerleader now, even when the post is nonsensical ?

Wonders shall never end

Everything na personal opinion

Nothing nonsensical about that post, and if someone has to call such a post nonsensical, perhaps, it would be better coming from someone that is not a Nwakali (homegrown players) cheerleader.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TFLASHOGEE(m): 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2022
IDENNAA:

No , you use your little power to oppress people who disagree with your opinion. You are not a man of justice! You are very corrupt just like your countrymen. The guy you banned didn't break any rule....simply telling you you sound like a blind man is not offence if you couldn't ban handles calling people "crack heads" , "edu" ,"ezi" and these were reported to you.

You are corrupt and bias, semid!
relax baba another ban is on it way for this one to no dey disguise we know say na ur second account be that which one is the guy you banned, you trow insult like it normal and expect another person not to retaliate now you don go overdo you don chop ban you dey find justice baba Oyo is your name wink

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2022
One player that impressed me in that game was Jamilu Collins. His defending and marking was so sweet to watch. He was one player that hardly gave me tension during the game and he also gave some nice sprints.

I think he deserves the praise. Shine on.

FLY SUPER EAGLES FLY

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by dozai: 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2022
do4luv14:

Akpeyi grin
Chisos!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2022
PurpleHouse:
I rate Aina highly here, and have severally spoke about how massive he is for an attacking side. But give and take, on his day Ebuehi is better.

You're rating a player who came to camp late, struggled to gain composure in a game with many strangers (none first team players), to compare a player that has settled into the team (Ola).

Naaah. Give the kid a run of games as Ola and then judge afterwards. He's too smooth on the ball that you hardly notice his massive depth. I saw him try to march forward severall but Iwobi wasn't clicking, drifted to the midfield and left Ebuehi most alone.

And do you see how he smoothly collected the ball from his opponent on a one on one before the ref blew for an offside? Dammn. Make una nor dey look down on who never settle down into the team.

Ola aina too Neva had a run of games b4 d tournament started.. Ola came earlier to camp fine,but saying he had a run of games is d reason y we are judging him to b better Dan ebuehi is false..we all knw dt under rohr both ola and ebuehi Neva had DT chance..so u can tender anoda excuse cool

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Coolabbie: 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:

Except she wan apply for Mistress role, make she no bother herself.

Half those guys are married and the other half have serious babes in their location that are highly ambitious.
Maduka has a babe angry
Anyway, there is still hope because he has Nigerian blood so faithfulness would be alien to him. Besides being the mistress of such a man is something to be proud of jare grin grin

I love reading your posts, Safarigirl smiley

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2022
To Nigerian Super Eagles Team and Fans;

It's still a long road ahead. Don't celebrate too early

Curb your enthusiasm.

As usual, I'll be watching from the shadows smiley

And I stand on my word, if we get past the QF stage, i'll type a well written public apology on this thread.

I remain Darkelf wink

cc thesupernerd, andrewbaba44

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:56pm On Jan 21, 2022
If na true, Rohr don win Olise at last haha
TheGoodJoe:

Sometimes, you can't believe what you are seeing until you take off your shades and put on your glasses.

[img]https://c./xGtg5JB4Zy8AAAAM/look-at-this-take-off-sunglasses.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2022
semid4lyfe:

If anything, Nwakali's presence overburdened Ndidi and made him work more.

If that's what you mean by "impressive in Nwakali's presence", then I agree with you.

Cheers
I wanted to add this to my comment on Nwakali's gameplay but didn't want to be tagged a hater. He really doesn't know how to mark and tackle effectively, kind of loses himself, making Ndidi cover him up. Then suddenly he remembers, rushes and makes a rash tackle.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero47: 4:58pm On Jan 21, 2022
PurpleHouse:

Leave them to enjoy their little wins, see as they are shining their teeth because Ebuehi did not perform to his usual expectations, one slowpoke even said he cannot give what he does not have, talent always shines through at the end
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JohnBullMySon: 4:58pm On Jan 21, 2022
dankorode:
which lookman abeg?U mean d one wey never declare to play for us or another one?
He has.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:05pm On Jan 21, 2022
Coolabbie:
Maduka has a babe angry
Anyway, there is still hope because he has Nigerian blood so faithfulness would be alien to him. Besides being the mistress of such a man is something to be proud of jare grin grin

I love reading your posts, Safarigirl smiley

LOL, you have big eyes o, na Maduka wey be everybody husband you wan dey target? A whole 6'6 negro...come, how tall are you? You people don't have respect for his height.

If somebody wants to do mistress, it's not for someone so young now. I feel a lot of people are forgetting Maduka is young, very very young. Anyway, he has girlfriend, one peng babe like that, but you know, dating is not marriage, so, goodluck to all the gladiators.

Thank you for enjoying my posts, I really appreciate that kiss
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 5:05pm On Jan 21, 2022
Tunisia camp has been hit by massive COVID-19 (hopefully they don't infect our players).

Currently 16 players and only an assistant coach (as the coach, goal keeper coach, physiotherapist - COVID-19 positive) is travelling to Garoua for their R16 encounter.

12 players plus other back room are positive for COVID-19 and would remain in limbe (isolation) and will play no part in the game vs Nigeria.

Players making the trip to Garoua:
Ben said/ Jmal / Haddedi / Abdi / Ifa / Talbi / Rekik / Skhiri / Ben Slimane / Aidouni / Hannibal / Rafia / Sliti / Msakni / Jaziri / Khaoui.

Source: @youssefmagra on Twitter

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2022
I used to think Tyrone was potentially better but having watched Aina play under Eguavoen I think Ola offers much more. The only issue I had with Aina is/was his defensive play which he looks to have improved on. Ebuehi is very solid but going forward to join the attack is just not his natural game whereas is Ola is a more perfect fit for how we want to play.

PurpleHouse:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:07pm On Jan 21, 2022
Everybody feared Egypt more, but the boys showed us we are fearing for nothing. With the way they snuffed life outta Salah especially.

You want to tell me Tunisia are better than Egypt? And that out boys would relax with the kind of no nonsense coach at the helm? undecided

Tunisia should be afraid and uncomfortable than even their fans.

We are yet to get a Pk in this tournament. I expect the first to come when that silly Tunisian CB hacks down our player in the box.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 5:08pm On Jan 21, 2022
Its even sweeter to talk about our defenders on here than our Midfield cos of one guy.

angry

One guys making discussing our Midfielders a kinda bore.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:09pm On Jan 21, 2022
I don't know if it is just club rivalries or genuine likeness, but a lot of South African PSL fans seem to want Olisa Ndah to make the leap to European football, and believe he is too good for the PSL

That's nice to see

12 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
PurpleHouse:

When has Ebuehi been better if I may ask ?

When will this on his day come ,Lol

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2022
daveP:
Everybody feared Egypt more, but the boys showed us we are fearing for nothing. With the way they snuffed life outta Salah especially.

You want to tell me Tunisia are better than Egypt? And that out boys would relax with the kind of no nonsense coach at the helm? undecided

Tunisia should be afraid and uncomfortable than even their fans.

We are yet to get a Pk in this tournament. I expect the first to come when that silly Tunisian CB hacks down our player in the box.

On the flipside, Tunisia has gotten 3 Penalties so far in this tournament, and have scored none.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 5:12pm On Jan 21, 2022
nelszx:
Tunisia camp has been hit by massive COVID-19 (hopefully they don't infect our players).

Currently 16 players and only an assistant coach (as the coach, physiotherapist - COVID-19 positive) is travelling to Garoua for their R16 encounter.

12 players plus other back room are positive for COVID-19 and would remain in limbe (isolation) and will play no part in the game vs Nigeria.

Players making the trip to Garoua:
Ben said/ Jmal / Haddedi / Abdi / Ifa / Talbi / Rekik / Skhiri / Ben Slimane / Aidouni / Hannibal / Rafia / Sliti / Msakni / Jaziri / Khaoui.

Source: @youssefmagra on Twitter
That's a huge health risk. They should award the match to 9ja om health grounds grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 5:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
safarigirl:
I don't know if it is just club rivalries or genuine likeness, but a lot of South African PSL fans seem to want Olisa Ndah to make the leap to European football, and believe he is too good for the PSL

That's nice to see
That was exactly what caught my attention and/or interest. South Africans dont give accolades like that but it wasn't so for Ndah.

They believe he's the next big thing after Van Djik based on his style of play and he's too good a player to be playing for Orlando Pirates.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
PurpleHouse:

oga no paint talk u no rate aina
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:22pm On Jan 21, 2022
chrisooblog:
I used to think Tyrone was potentially better but having watched Aina play under Eguavoen I think Ola offers much more. The only issue I had with Aina is/was his defensive play which he looks to have improved on. Ebuehi is very solid but going forward to join the attack is just not his natural game whereas is Ola is a more perfect fit for how we want to play.

Well said my nigga
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 5:23pm On Jan 21, 2022
Super Eagles camp is quite open oo with fans and journos watching them in session

What do you guys think? Is this good or bad?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FpKxGqzVYE

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by minfelix(m): 5:25pm On Jan 21, 2022
AFCON qualifiers CIV 2023 kick start in march grin
AFCON zukwanuike

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:26pm On Jan 21, 2022
charlesemeka85:
oga no paint talk u no rate aina

He said on Ebuehi day he is better

Ask him when will be Ebuehi day ?

Aina did well at last afcon and he is already doing well at this afcon again

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12392) (12393) (12394) (12395) (12396) (12397) (12398) ... (16098) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: semid4lyfe(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.