Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,413 members, 7,808,472 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11581215 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12447) (12448) (12449) (12450) (12451) (12452) (12453) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:20pm On Jan 23, 2022
forgiveness:

How? Is he super man? Who will create the chances for him?

You definitely don’t anything about football.
Oga forgiveness,there is no need to argue,some of us have pass this level....truly Awoniyi had a very poor game inclusive Iheanacho but how will you be arguing with someone that said Ebuehi would have done better than Aina...Aina who was the best in that defense.

Good that we lost than to lose to Ghana...time to pray for injuries free for Victor Osimehn,Leon Balogun,Odion Ighalo,Onuachu,Dennis and possibly Lookman....I think time is too short to get a keeper against Ghana but I want Uzoho in goal.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
komekn:

No we did not.

He made one big costly mistake on what should have been a very basic routine save. I am not surprised by the match in was very lethargic he had nothing to do and lost concentration.

But we lost the game we became complacent and believed our own hype. It's the same thing we do we hype our player to high heavens.

This game was lost because we did not turn up with a WINNING MENTALITY.

Rohr looks like Klopp now compared to Eguavon.

we lost the game because of the referees and Awoniyi was non-existent then Okoye poor-goalkeeping and not closing down the Tunisian players...

Nigeria never played like they were complacent...

Nigeria played like they were scared of the Tunisian team in the first half...

If the defenders had closed down that Tunisian player he wouldn't have had the chance to shoot...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
codemaniacs:

the major problem we had was the referee...

the second problem we had was showing the Tunisians to much respect by letting them have the ball instead of closing them and attempting to win the ball back immediately...

If this is Eguavon is going to play against "big teams" then he needs to treat every team the same just like Marcelo Bielsa..

the third problem is goalkeeping..

the fourth problem was Ekong's long balls..

the fifth problem was Awoniyi, due to Ekong's long balls the Tunisians were always getting the ball back unlike how we played Guinea-Bissau and Sudan were they were passing the ball through the middle and through the wings..

the sixth problem was Chukweze, he was playing at the extreme end of his position instead of coming lower the pitch and switching with Moses Simon and he was also playing like he was the full-back...
April 04, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
Another Coach the NFF should give a shot is Marcelo Bielsa. The Coach who led Athletico Bilbao to the Europa League final, beating Sir Alex Ferguson's Manchester United along the way.

His style of football fits us and he likes creative brilliant player.

Report on Marcelo Bielsa's coaching style.
[b]
Bielsa's signature formation in his squads, which he made famous and brought to the front of the world's mainstream football scene during his coaching tenures in the Argentina national football team, Chile national football team, Athletic Bilbao and Olympique de Marseille, is the 3-3-3-1 formation.

For this formation, the players are: 3 defenders (1 líbero with 2 stoppers at each side), 3 midfielders (1 central midfielder with 2 lateral-volantes at each side), 3 attacking midfielders (1 enganche and 2 wingers at each side), and 1 centerforward. 3-3-3-1 allows great transitions from defending to attacking, as many of the players used in the formation can perform both defensive and attacking tasks. Moreover, it establishes superiority in numbers in every part of the field, since with this formation his teams could defend with 7 players, attack with 6-7 players, or protect a scoreline by overwhelming the midfield with 6 players. To use 3-3-3-1, all players have to quickly set to attacking positions when the ball is in the team's possession, and all players have to aggressively press and recover the ball when it isn't in possession, so it requires great teamwork and understanding between teammates.

This signature style of Bielsa's has had so much influence in the football scene that many present coaches, former players under Bielsa's command, are heavily influenced by the style, such as Gerardo Martino, Mauricio Pochettino, Matías Almeyda and Marcelo Gallardo. Former Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola credited Bielsa as his tactical inspiration. Jorge Sampaoli has been described as a 'disciple' of Bielsa.

Bayern Munich and former Barcelona manager Josep Guardiola called him the "best manager in the world" in 2012.[/b]

Taking from Bielsa's Wikipedia page.

I have always believed Bielsa's philosophy is the best for us. However, keep in mind Eguavoen switched to a pressing tactics with Iwobi and Olayinka, but the red card disrupted it.

I agree 100% with you that we need to apply an increased pressing strategy to our game. I am not really crazy about the midblock thing that is going on now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gustav25: 10:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nomyth:

You may not know this, but ur pain is so obvious in ur posts.

Cut the pretence, u are sad that Nigeria lost tonight

The lord's work is done and your pained soul won't have any rest tonight brethren, relax and sleep for tomorrow your pains would be like a fresh wound again. Laughable how they thought it was a destiny for them to win and now they can't accept the reality
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
It is better to play rubbish and win than to play entertaining football and lose

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 10:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
Results are the most important thing in football.
As much as I love Tiki taka football, if such good football play doesn't result in goals, it does more harm than good.
Johan Cruyff said it, Guardiola said it, Xavi said it.

We rely so much on our wing play and that cost us today.

Give me results gaddammit angry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Osimhen will not do anything in this game oga

Osimhen absence didn’t hurt us

You Dey watch ball so ?

It did hurt us.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nostradamus1:
Cheers

This guy, you be bad guy

grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
forgiveness:

I assure you, Osimhen will do nada against Tunisia. What’ did he do against Tunisia when we played third place match in 2019? Zelcheeeeee!
Just look at you. Is he at the same level now that he was then?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
safarigirl:

I no know for you

Feel free to go and console him since you're so bothered by it. Be like na you like am pass
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
gustav25:

The lord's work is done and your pained soul won't have any rest tonight brethren, relax and sleep for tomorrow your pains would be like a fresh wound again. Laughable how they thought it was a destiny for them to win and now they can't accept the reality

grin grin grin grin

You too much abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

grin Nigeria lolz.
You wey dey upandan for thread dey do 2-1 2-1 with that usual "this ayaff seen" calm composure.

Dem embarass your prophecy sha

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
drDoom3:
The moment I saw Ejuke was not in matchday squad was when I sensed something would go sour today.
We needed another ball carrier in Ejuke to put enough pressure on the Tunisian defense from the other wing since chukz was once again not performing. But Cerezo left him out of the squad. I wonder what prompted him to do that. I'm surprised

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:23pm On Jan 23, 2022
fabyom:
Musa for Aribo was the silliest substitution in football history! How I wishUmar scored that goal? Umar is a baller!

Not an umar fan ,but trust me I don like the guy pass him fans here wey dey castigate am here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by samtol4(m): 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
forgiveness:

There were too much space in the midfield. Ndidi is not super man.
I expected the coach to bring in Onyeka to close up the midfield ,unfortunately he didn't.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
daveP:
they fought but not like the Tunisian that were determined from the start to outsmart our tactic. But all the same, kudos to them. Badluck follow the team join.

I heard this outsmarting from the panel and I asked someone a question? How smart were they? We had loads of chances to take the game. Eguavoen actually outsmarted them, not the other way around. Even with a man down, we kept creating chances. We were just unfortunate. I think the Tunisian's are getting more praise than they deserve.

Congratulations they won but they were totally outplayed as far as I am concerned.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
I know say icon4s and Mujtahida would avoid this thread

Na them they claim Patriotic citizens.

When you disrespect facts, you get fantasy which leads to inevitable defeat

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
zuchyblink:
It is better to play rubbish and win than to play entertaining football and lose

Have we been playing entertaining football.

I warned against 4-4-2.
We don't have the midfield for that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
COOL10:
As much as I love Tiki taka football, if such good football play doesn't result in goals, it does more harm than good.

We did not play good football today at all

We did not play tikitaka to begin with

We did not play free flowing football, so, me, I don't know what this your post is about.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ndidi needs to seriously work on his shooting.

Ndidi shooting off target from such proximity to goal is the reason big clubs won't look at him.

The Algerian goal came farther away from the goal post yet he hit the target!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
darkelf:

They are already arguing about who to face in the semi-finals

Even that World cup, they won't qualify

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Icon4s, Mr Patriotism, where at thou.

As far as I am concerned, the only monicker here who predicted a 50-50 game was Elyte89 and forgiveness

The rest was talking about which players would score B4 even match start
HahaHa so predictable as usual. You didn't have the balls to come here when we won games. You are definitely an enemy of progress. I hope this doesn't translate to your real life outside.

Even though i am sad we lost but there are positives to take into the WCQ.

WE MOVE!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Meliforme:

It did hurt us.

Osimhen absence didn’t .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by codemaniacs: 10:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Kog45:
Oga forgiveness,there is no need to argue,some of us have pass this level....truly Awoniyi had a very poor game inclusive Iheanacho but how will you be arguing with someone that said Ebuehi would have done better than Aina...Aina who was the best in that defense.

Good that we lost than to lose to Ghana...time to pray for injuries free for Victor Osimehn,Leon Balogun,Odion Ighalo,Onuachu,Dennis and possibly Lookman....I think time is too short to get a keeper against Ghana but I want Uzoho in goal.

Lookman is not yet sure so let's give Amoo, Dessers ( I don't know why Dessers wasn't picked ) , Onyekuru , Onyeka more chances...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
forgiveness:

I agree but in the end, we still got the chances. Unfortunately, we did not take them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Not an umar fan ,but trust me I don like the guy pass him fans here wey dey castigate am here

Andrewy guy

You still dey vex for me no

grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
COOL10:

Not true.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
forgiveness:

Hence Iwobi came in.

Awoniyi looked bad today because our wingers went to sleep.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:25pm On Jan 23, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

I heard this outsmarting from the panel and I asked someone a question? How smart were day? We had loads of chances to take the game. Eguavoen actually outsmarted them, not the other way around. Even with a man down, we kept creating chances. We were just unfortunate. I think the Tunisian's are getting more praise than they deserve.

Congratulations they won but they were totally outplayed as far as I am concerned.

This is why I trust you with football analysis.

See, you are correct. We had chances, and most importantly, we did not play like we were a man down even when we were. There was no difference in play.

Thank you for making that observation

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 10:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
Icon4s:

HahaHa so predictable as usual. You didn't have the balls to come here when we won games. You are definitely an enemy of progress. I hope this doesn't translate to your real life outside.

Even though i am sad we lost but there are positives to take into the WCQ.

WE MOVE!!

I'm doing very well

I only troll on social media but in life, I'm the nicest guy around and full of positive energy

Just learn to curb your enthusiasm next time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
safarigirl:

We did not play good football today at all

We did not play tikitaka to begin with

We did not play free flowing football, so, me, I don't know what this your post is about.

Thank you my sister. That was so off point.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
Kog45:

Almost all the players played poorly today due to the coach inability to read the match.

I was surprised he came with the same players in the second half and started making changes after we were one goal down.

Very painful.

Alloy Agu should be removed from the team because he is the reason we don’t have a good goalkeeper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
forgiveness:

I thought Nwakili or Onyeka would have come in for Iheanacho and Sadiq for Awoniyi in the second half but anyways good lesson to learn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12447) (12448) (12449) (12450) (12451) (12452) (12453) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), LordTheus(m), TheSuperNerd(m), lbrichman2, chrisooblog, elyte89 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.