Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,818 members, 7,806,296 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (12613) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11565174 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12610) (12611) (12612) (12613) (12614) (12615) (12616) ... (16111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:00pm On Feb 09, 2022
Papi85:
osimehn,sadiq and awoniyi are our top 3 forwards

Sadiq is an embarrassment just not good enough.

You have forgotten to mention Dennis.

The NFF needs to be looking at better players available to us in better leagues and stop recycling players like Sadiq that have nothing to offer.

As it stands our best strikers are Ighalo, Dennis and Osimhen not in any order of quality and or preference.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:03pm On Feb 09, 2022
drDoom3:

The reason Ighalo started against CPV was Rohr's bias. Eguavoen and Amuneke are not stupid (sorry Rohr), they will not start an Ighalo over an Awoniyi.

Yes they will because Ighalo is simply better.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Papi85: 10:11pm On Feb 09, 2022
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 10:25pm On Feb 09, 2022
LOL @ Pinnick's segss tape. Naughty naughty girl … I will spank you �

Safari, actually, the latest plan is for Eguaveon to return to his technical director position. And Emmanuel Amuneke will be the SE’s chief coach. I think it’s a good idea to give the team to Amuneke by himself. To me, Amuneke along with Samson Siasia are the best indigenous coaches we have in Nigeria.

I just wish that the NFF would let him select his own back room staff.

O pari

safarigirl:
I think we need to conduct a thorough investigation on the possibility of Alloy Agu being in possession of Pinnick's segss tape.

I applaud the inclusion of Amuneke into the Technical Crew, and this looks like a team that could do great things

Please, can anyone enlighten me on Yobo's specific task in the Crew? Let me know how to spread the accolades if at all, what is the role of a 3rd assistant in the Technical Crew?

All in all, I am very happy that there is not one pale person in the Nigerian Technical Crew. There is no reason why the most populous black nation, with illustrious ex-players like ours, should be hiring flour-colored vulcanizers and panel beaters under the guise of coaches.

Once again, NFF should look into the Alloy Agu situation; if this home-based man cannot scout decent home-based goalies for the team, then, Pinnick should call up foreign-based Carl Ikeme, perhaps, he will have a few foreign-based goalies he can recommend.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:30pm On Feb 09, 2022
komekn:

Sadiq is an embarrassment just not good enough.

You have forgotten to mention Dennis.

The NFF needs to be looking at better players available to us in better leagues and stop recycling players like Sadiq that have nothing to offer.

As it stands our best strikers are Ighalo, Dennis and Osimhen not in any order of quality and or preference.

Mkpuri mmri talk..

You shamelessly avoided my question yesterday,come dey yarn dust
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:40pm On Feb 09, 2022

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:41pm On Feb 09, 2022
drDoom3:

The reason Ighalo started against CPV was Rohr's bias. Eguavoen and Amuneke are not stupid (sorry Rohr), they will not start an Ighalo over an Awoniyi.

Ighalo would have started at the afcon ,only osimhen would have started ahead of ighalo,even you self know this one but you must talk down on him as usual just as you tried to discredit him against Chelsea today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:14pm On Feb 09, 2022
yea, that's the point!

andrewbaba44:

We should stop hiring useless foreign coaches sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2022
Danielnino00:

Mkpuri mmri talk..

You shamelessly avoided my question yesterday,come dey yarn dust

I decided to leave you in ignorance, but let me indulge your ignorance.

Because your question shows you have no Idea of the due diligence and administrative process that is required to complete a change of allegiance by a FIFA registered national football body.

A player doesn't as an it individual make a change of national allegiance, he makes a written commitment and the national football association makes the application.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:02am On Feb 10, 2022
nairalandankrah:
Arsenal and Tottenham going head to head for victor osimhen's signature... Only one of the both teams, will eventually get to sign him.
only UCL football can sway final decision on this. Even Saka rumors of no ucl, no new contract signed have surfaced.

Asides that, our top 9 needs a team desperate to have him. Spurs have Kane.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:05am On Feb 10, 2022
drDoom3:

Ighalo that cannot outpace Christensen in a counter attack is who some elements in this thread are claiming is our best striker besides Osimhen. SMH.
lol

Be indirectly involving Aboubakar. This is Chelsea for Heaven's sakes. How many SE players can outperform Chelsea currently with solo performance?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Tchinaidi(m): 1:49am On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:
Watching Onyeka against Manchester city , running on diesel non stop working against a much better Manchester City side.

Brentford are working very hard in midfield and Onyeka is central.

Meanwhile he was warming the SE bench for people that cannot smell the Brentford Bench.

Only the NFF can explain that absurdity
What role does onyeka play in the midfield for brentford
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:07am On Feb 10, 2022
elyte89:

Dis ppu sha wan beat us sha grin grin grin..na to add pep guardiola for d crew remain
You know what they say about too much cooks spoiling the broth, in their case,there are cooks but the ingredients are inadequate.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 2:09am On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

Because your question shows you have no Idea of the due diligence and administrative process that is required to complete a change of allegiance by a FIFA registered national football body.

A player doesn't as an it individual make a change of national allegiance, he makes a written commitment and the national football association makes the application.

Have Lookman and Ovie made the written commitment?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 13large: 3:17am On Feb 10, 2022
Tchinaidi:

What role does onyeka play in the midfield for brentford

Anyone that wasn’t impressed with nwakali cameo performance at the ANC is just being mischievous. A player that created 3 clear cut chances in the first half alone. It’s not like we have multiple options at our disposal. Unfortunately, we do not and I will rather continue using Nwakali, iwobi as AM than to invite/select an imbalanced squad aka 424. The moment that we have more attacking midfielders available, we can be arrogant

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:26am On Feb 10, 2022
elyte89:

Dis ppu sha wan beat us sha grin grin grin..na to add pep guardiola for d crew remain
omo, the technical crew is powerful o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 5:00am On Feb 10, 2022
do4luv14:

to you yes it is, but considering where it happened, where they value Animals, it's understandable
Which animal do they value? So it’s only dog and cat they value, what about other animals they kill themselves to eat. People wey Dey eat Chicken steady, Bacon wey Dey full their food na from where but it is dog and cat they draw the line and you are saying it is understandable. Who decides which animal is to preserved and which other ones is to be killed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:35am On Feb 10, 2022
Truidstar:

Awoniyi is not it. He is not SE material.
Truidstar himself the Dessers man...my son is a super eagles material o if Onuachu,Sadiq and Dessers are SE materials then tell me why Awoniyi is not,just tell me.

Oga only Osimehn is ahead o,others are not convincing yet.

I can only fault Awoniyi performance against Tunisia,Iheanacho even worse but do I blame them with no clear chances created,against Egypt and Sudan he had good games

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:40am On Feb 10, 2022
I just hope Ghana will be patient with them

jihday:
omo, the technical crew is powerful o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:44am On Feb 10, 2022
drDoom3:

The Awoniyi I saw against Egypt is SE material.
Doctor na agenda o even Rohr said Awoniyi had good tournament and he could have done better if he has been with the team for sometimes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:57am On Feb 10, 2022
nelszx:

Sudan beat us 1 nil away
I remember that match, that was the only reason south Africa qualified ahead of us. We lost to Congo, Sudan and S/Africa

And then we beat Sudan 3-1. I guess you do not remember that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:09am On Feb 10, 2022
TheGoodJoe:

And then we beat Sudan 3-1. I guess you do not remember that.
Oga,imagine calling Keshi a fraud,an ex Togo,Mali,Nigeria coach,with two world cup qualifications,Afcon winner and a record with Togo that even Guardiola of this world would find it difficult to achieve.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:29am On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:

How does this answer the question as to whether or not Ovie and Ademola plainly told you that they applied for a change of allegiance 3 years ago
How?
Abi na lack of honour ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 10, 2022
Kog45:
Truidstar himself the Dessers man...my son is a super eagles material o if Onuachu,Sadiq and Dessers are SE materials then tell me why Awoniyi is not,just tell me.

Oga only Osimehn is ahead o,others are not convincing yet.

I can only fault Awoniyi performance against Tunisia,Iheanacho even worse but do I blame them with no clear chances created,against Egypt and Sudan he had good games
My oga, just my opinion..osimhen don spoil me..my standard for SE striker is very high.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:18am On Feb 10, 2022
komekn:
Watching Onyeka against Manchester city , running on diesel non stop working against a much better Manchester City side.

Brentford are working very hard in midfield and Onyeka is central.

Meanwhile he was warming the SE bench for people that cannot smell the Brentford Bench.

Only the NFF can explain that absurdity

Just like humility33 said, "..Nwakali has good PRs.."

Imagine some peeps here acting like Nwakali is the messiah we need in that midfield. Nwakali is bang average. Let Eguaveon start him against Ghana.

And if we do not treat getting the right midfield players as URGENT, we will not qualify because the Ghanaians will shut off the wings and eat up that mickey mouse defence Nigeria has relied on for way too long.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:23am On Feb 10, 2022
Truidstar:
My oga, just my opinion..osimhen don spoil me..my standard for SE striker is very high.
Okay baba.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:29am On Feb 10, 2022
Joezinho:

Just like humility33 said, Nwakali has good PRs...

Imagine some peeps here acting like Nwakali is the messiah we need in that midfield. Nwakali is nang average. Let Eguaveon start him against Ghana.

And if we do not treat getting the right midfield players as URGENT, we will not qualify because the Ghanaians will shut off the wings and eat up that mickey mouse defence Nigeria has relied on for way too long.

We are going to need Onyeka though I would have prefer Etebo but I doubt his fitness against Ghana and push Aribo upfront.. I don't know what is wrong with Chuckwueze....am seeing Ghana technical crew working on our Tunisia match.We need different approach against Ghana.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:37am On Feb 10, 2022
I NO FANCY THAT BASKETBALLER ABEG
andrewbaba44:

And you think onuachu is sleeping cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joezinho: 9:43am On Feb 10, 2022
Kog45:
We are going to need Onyeka though I would have prefer Etebo but I doubt his fitness against Ghana and push Aribo upfront.. I don't know what is wrong with Chuckwueze....am seeing Ghana technical crew working on our Tunisia match.We need different approach against Ghana.

I honestly dunno what's wrong with Chuks. But i will go for an attacking front of Dennis on the right, Osimhen in the center and Simon on the left. This will be backed by a midfield of Aribo as the base flanked on either side by Onyeka and Ndidi..

The match is gonna be a battle of the midfield.. And na Jambody football those Ghanaians will want to play.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by caprikon: 9:44am On Feb 10, 2022
Ghana have got a top coach in Chris Hughton. His former players praise his attention to minute details when preparing dossiers about the opposition.

Our technical crew must ensure they don't get outfoxed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 9:51am On Feb 10, 2022
charlesemeka85:
I NO FANCY THAT BASKETBALLER ABEG

Better than Sadiq you fancy

(1) (2) (3) ... (12610) (12611) (12612) (12613) (12614) (12615) (12616) ... (16111) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: viciati(m), TheSuperNerd(m), chrisooblog and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.